X-Men Thread

We're in desperate need of a thread where we post Mutant Waifus and call characters race traitors. Fuck Inhumans, Fuck Regular Humans. X-Thread time.
Best Story Arc?
Favorite Mutant?
Least Favorite?
Favorite Team (Era or otherwise)
What would you do to fix our mutants?

Fuck OP's prompts post Waifus.

You can't save them. The weak will be culled in favor of the strong.

People post these things

>implying I can choose a story arc

Storm becoming leader of the Morlocks made stuff click and I started loving it like never before.

Can't choose a fav, Storm, Nightcrawler, Rachel Summers, Cyclops, and Emma Frost are probably the contenders.

Least fav is probably Gambit

Best team is the one right before Massacre basically the All New All Different team minus Scott and Jean plus Kitty and Rachel

I need a collection for Uncanny 145-153 Marvel!

Best - Demon Bear Saga? Maybe Inferno or the Crosstime Caper?
Fav- Magik, im a waifu fag I know it. but shes so well written.
Least- Wolverine, fuck I hate old Man Logan too.
Favorite team- New Mutants, Australia team or Excalibur.

Claiming that Southern Husbando

shit fucking taste

BEST WAIFU

I'd wife him

The Legions of X-Fags are asleep post race traitors.

>Best Story Arc
Modern? I would say it's a cross between Messiah Complex and Second Coming,
>Favorite Mutant
Can't pick just one. Here a couple of my favorites, Scott, Claremont-Storm, the New X-Men Kids and the the New Mutants
>Least Favorite
Quire, the Jean Grey School Kids, the New O5 and of course Wolverine.
>Favorite Team
The teams in between Decimation and Second Coming will always have a special place in my heart.
>What would you do to fix our mutants?
Send the O5 back, push Quire as being what he is, a deranged school shooter, make the New X-Men matter, make Cyclops the leader of the X-Men and a pillar in the superhero community.

Also if I wrote for Marvel, I would probably write a Cyclops ongoing whose main villains would be Maddie and Sinister, and I would use Claremont's plans for the latter in some way or form.

FAVORITE MUTANT...
>Domino
>Omega Red
>Storm
LEAST FAVORITE MUTANT...
>The Stepford Cuckoos, I want them to die in fucking fire after what they did to Triage.
BEST STORY ARC
>Remender's entire Uncanny X-Force run, yes it had some low points but It never dropped below being good in my book.

>Quire
Fuck Quire. Over rated trash character.

>>Remender's entire Uncanny X-Force run, yes it had some low points but It never dropped below being good in my book.
Deadpool book, nice.
I forgot what did the Cuckoos do to forgettablecharacterage?

Post Cyclops being right.

>>Omega Red
Recommended writing? he seems kinda lame.

Im jumping on the anti Quire train, fuck that kid is a freak. I can't wait until he fades into obscurity, but what did Claremont originally plan for with Maddy and Scott?

My Mugga. I think he can work in a story t b h. But you always need to make him an antagonist in some way shape or form.

My dream idea for an X-Men book is one where a younger generation of X-Men take on the Hellfire Brats. When Quire is fighting someone like Hellion or a character who has suffered, he does the whole 'one bad day' shtick. Only to have the character shove it back in his face and say that they have had plenty of bad days, before totally deconstructing Quire's ideology and motives to a beatdown.

Afterwards when the younger mutants have won, taking over the Hellfire Club, a lawyer goes to the raft, paying Quire's bail. A bail which costs all of Quire's net worth. Quire then goes for a walk, nothing in his name, before he begins to insanely laugh, thanking the mutant to opening his eyes to what he really is. An evil degenerate. Quire says that he'll enjoy rising to the top again and ripping everything away from the new Hellfire Club and killing the mutant whom made him see what he is.

I meant with Sinister. Not with Maddie. Sorry for the misunderstanding. As for Sinister, he was supposed to be a kind of Kid Miracleman-esque character. A young boy who had the power of psychic projection and created this weird creature, called Mr Sinister. Oh and this boy was in love with Scott Summers and wanted to make Scott his and his alone.

Ok I could definitley deal with that. Also I want to see Quire on a team with the New Mutants. It works because the Hellions have always been at odds with the New Mutants and I don't know if Danny or Illyana would deal with his shit.

huh.... Sinister is my favorite Villain. Im not sure how I feel about this. Weird..... but the subtext that Claremont wrote could definitely make this work. but he always says Kitty is a Lesbian so fuck I dont know.

Post GOAT Mutants.

If you had to end the X-Men, like write a final comic arc. Lets say a final 300 issues to tie everything up. with no shitty Crossovers to fuck you over and no editorial mandate fucking things up Claremont style and all you had to do was involve all the most famous Mutants (New Mutants, Uncanny, X-Force, New X-Men etc...) how would you do it?

Soo Elixir is coming back from the dead, which make him the member of the new x-men that have received more attention since ANAD started.

Any opinion about it ? I trust Bunn, he seems to know more about the x-men lore than Hopeless and Lemire.

I get the sneaky suspicion he's gonna go villain and create evil zombie Wallflower.

I'd probably do a story where a group of X-Men slowly discover this horrible genetic creatures. Intrigued, they investigate, eventually finding a lab in which they find a man doing horrible experiments. His name is Nathan Winters and if there is a Summers of the team, he seems both creepily interested and angry if they are not Scott. If there is one of his love interests the guy is exceptionally angry and bitter, targeting them.

The guy's powers would either be similar to Shazam's or an autonomous Mister Sinister Stand. Although the guy loses the first round, the guy becomes a reoccurring foe. Eventually, the team fight him and use a Macguffin to erase his memory and send him back in time, believing he can't do any harm there. However, in between the transition, the guy fuses with the Alternate Persona. He then wakes up in London and says that his name is Nathan Essex and he feels an obsession for a man called 'Scott Summers'.

I hope so. Although, to say that someone knows more about then Lemire and Hopeless about writing X-Men is like being smarter than a vegetable.

I have hope though. The New X-Men were a fun team and they had quite a bit of narrative. I hope that if they do reunite, Laura quits the O5 and joins them.

The X-Men just feel so broken these days.

Someone should make a mega picture of all X-Waifus.

My waifu is Blink, and because of this the AoA storyline is my default favorite. My favorite early classic storyline, however, is the backstory behind Cain and Xavier, specifically the two in Korea.

I'm not sure what my ideal team is, but AoA Sabertooth in Exiles is my ideal team leader.

I think my favorite run so far has been Morrison's run in the early 2000's, but I've yet to plow through the classics catalog. Biggest route not taken: If Marvel had actually followed up on Claremont's idea to keep the X-Men roster aging/advancing and permanently retiring Cyclops with Madelyne Pryor.

Posting Sentinels in a mutant thread to be edgy.

Cuckoos are the best waifus

The fucking Big O sentinel. I never realized but I want a Juston Comic where he and his sentinel get all new parts.

Shame that Hopless ruined that dream. It would have been cute as all hell.

Female Sunfire is best waifu.

>Best Story Arc?
Brood Saga

>Favorite Mutant?
Cyclops

>Least Favorite?
Storm, I guess.

>Favorite Team (Era or otherwise)
OG ANAD until Cockrum leaves for good

>What would you do to fix our mutants

Bring back thought bubbles, ressurect Dave Cockrum.

Yeah, you can blame it on Marvel, the movie rights issues, SJWs, or maybe even something else but It feel like no matter what it is, the X-Men are in a shitty place. Im confident that they will get better someday, but intil then its just gonna feel like shit. So iguess im just gonna waifu post.

Do you mean Emma, or Magik? because those are the only acceptable answers.

Last I checked Sinister had an all-male race of Sinisters living in some of the Mole Man's old territory. Is he still doing that? Because I feel like if a successor child-Sinister was created with an unhealthy shota-attraction to the Summers' men, this could fit.

Or he becomes Genesis' rival.

It's because there is no unified opnion of what to do with them. See, when Kyle and Yost where in control, they had a very specific plan about what happened to Hope. As in, it was a story which would help guide the X-Books for the next few years. However, that plan was ruined like many things were by Aaron who thought he knew better and split the X-Men up. Now, as they are divided no one knows what to do with them any more.

>>Best Story Arc?
>Brood Saga
The underrated Classic that forever will be the Shining Jem of the Claremont Era.

I feel as if Sinister being behind it all so to speak would be the best ending for the X-Men. Mags is a good guy no matter how you look at it and Sinister is just so suited for X-Men fun. Nathan Winters might be a little too on the nose for me, as its the opposite of Summers and dangerously close to Cables name but at the same time I kinda like it. I approve of this ending, maybe throw in some Brood and Sentinel Cameos and your good.

>Reminding me that Juston is dead

Among the many reasons I couldn't get into Arena, I think this distills them all and boils it down nicely.

Nice picture but I'm not into inflation, EVEN THOUGH YOU INCLUDED BEST GIRLS.

I'm a shameless 90's fag when it comes to Sunfire's costumes, and I like Shiro being a dick for DAI NIPPON. Kind of bummed that I won't ever see him getting into Korea vs Japan screaming matches with GoGo from Big Hero 6.

I want both of those things to happen. Then when Adult Cyke, Sinister and Apoc come back they are just totally disgusted by this freaky shit.

Definitely not best girls.
Pic related best girl.

>I forgot what did the Cuckoos do to forgettablecharacterage?

After the reading the issues when Illyanna was a little kid before Limbo, I feel kinda guilty for fapping to her grown up version now.

>shes so well written
>posts Bendis/Lemire Magik

Lies and slander, as you can see there is a distinct lack of periwinkle purple-colored skin.

Although to the best of my knowledge, Dani was a Valkyrie whereas Blink had the slightly dubious honor of being Annihilus' girlfriend.

>Cyclops marks it down in the Big Book Of Summers' Family Mishaps
>Apocalypse beats up Ozymandias in rage and vows to come back with even MORE horsemen.
>Sinister wishes to push the experiment further by creating X-Baby variants

Illyana is a tragik character who is incredibly sad and well written, but read some New Mutants and you will feel slightly less bad for jacking off to her. And by the end of New Mutants you will feel like shit again when she dies. Best Waifu, Most sad Waifu.

Still a good costume senpai

Pic related aporoves.

>Ozymandias
Is that what they're calling him now or will Nite Owl and Doctor.Manhattan be in the next X-Men arc?

what?

Thanks for your approval user. As for the name, I'd probably still keep Winters, but maybe change Nathan to something else. But I would like his real name to be Nathanial Winter and kind of play how important he was in Scott's life so that it could make sense why Scott would name his baby Nathan.

>The bad things that happened, will they happen again?
>Will bad people come to hurt you and me?
>And then the next 30 years of X-men history happens.

IIRC that's been his name ever since introduction, albeit it's a lesser reference to Shelley's poem than Alan Moore's.

if its the last 300 issues, might need Time travel, the Savage land and the StarJammers thrown in there but its still pretty good.

>he seems both creepily interested and angry if they are not Scott.
Why not both, first thing he sees like Rachel and gets pissed and Scott comes into the room and he goes from angry to all creepy.

What X-Character is mot like Gumby?

When I was a kid I'd mark for him the most. Still my favorite mutant to this day.

Look! Logan is getting Cucked!

>EVEN THOUGH YOU INCLUDED BEST GIRLS.
DAMN RIGHT I DID!

Jack Winters, Emma Frost, and Nathanial Winter?
Cold.

I think my favorite concept is Nightcrawler BAMF'ing as fast as he could swing a punch.

That concept was always so cool to me as a kid.

And of course, Evolutions Kurt...

I'd say there's maybe 30 contending for the GOAT X-Men.

Best Story Arc?
Well, i really like a bunch of them, but Carey's run from 07 (Supernovas) will always have a special place in my heart since it was the first full X-Men run i read. Then Morrison, Whedon, Claremont, Remender's X-Force...
Favorite Mutant?
Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Cannonball.
Least Favorite?
I dont dislike any of them, but Xavier because he's a douche.
Favorite Team (Era or otherwise)
Morrison's New X-Men.
What would you do to fix our mutants?
Inhumans go back to the moon for whatever reason, world is attacked by Apocalypse/Thanos team up army
Avengers get fucked 'til the X-Men join them, in the middle of the battle Cyclops brings back a revived Wolverine.
>Marvel announces they're bringin the X-Men to the MCU.

Illyana is great but it's garbage that she's the only New Mutant getting attention.

Hickman sometimes you're alright

Jesus I forgot how cheesy this was

New Avengers has Cannonball, Sunspot, and Warlock.

Illyana is the best but forgetting Dani and Sam is just dumb. same for Bobby and Warlock.

And it's fucking awesome.
If the Avengers get fucked I'm in. I want Iron Man to die and never be in another comic.

>Xavier
Does anyone not think the professor is a massive prick? Scott killing him was so satisfying.

Does Jamie count? I think he'd argue he doesn't count.

But then X-Factor started getting weird...

As your favorite X-Man? Yeah or course. Hes not in a main title but he's a mutant and in spin offs.

Which episode is this from? Opening of X2 is best for that

IIRC it's S1, but I forget which episode in specific.

I think PAD's last run with X-Forece made Madrox one of my favorites. It was weird because I think that was the last time Arcade appeared prior to Hopeless' Arena run, and the character's entirely different.

>Best Story Arc
Origins

>Favorite Mutant
Wolverine? Deadpool??
Nah, fucking around. Probably Nightcrawler. Kurt is such a nice dude.

>Least Favorite
Fucking Toad. His schtick is that he's totally unlikable. Fuck that.

>Favorite Team
Probably a pleb answer, but Lee/Claremont Blue Team. I liked that team dynamic.

>Fix them
Bring Claremont back from the dead.

Or give it to somebody who hasn't touched it, and is really good at character focused stuff. I dig the limited work Matt Fraction did on the X-Books. I'd like to see him do a full run.

Goddamn it. When you think about it Scott's pretty much one of the most molested and molestable characters in X-Men.

Is it wrong that a part of me wants a harem series where both men and women try to get his attention?

Even if she munch carpet, but she's cool;

Mai Niggah

Well, there WAS that thing with Namor...

Claremonts tried to come back. But he's gonna crazy. new mutants forever was good though

An alternate universe where instead of something like punisher kills the marvel universe or Longshot saves the marvel universe it's Scott Summers tries to not get raped by the marvel universe.

An alternate universe where instead of something like punisher kills the marvel universe or Longshot saves the marvel universe it's Scott Summers tries to not get raped by the marvel universe..

What do you think of Ultimate? Seems about 50/50 between good and bad issues.

Not rape. Something worse.

Tender loving, plenty of hugging and lots and lots of hand holding

This would be hot if they didn't look like crackwhores.

I feel like that kind of thing would make Scott 10x more uncomfortable than the sex threat. Also holding hands is too lewd.

Best Arc : Whedon's run
Favorite Mutant : Emma

Who?

Better than Ultimate Dazzler.

Best story arc - Anything New Mutants related.
Favorite mutant- either Dani, Sam or Illyana
Least - any of the generic brotherhood members
Favorite team - New Mutants, Exiles, or Mutant X
Send the inhumies back to the moon where they belong and let Mutants develop into a group of people again. Not some scant 200. How can people hate and fear a minority so small it doesn't matter?

That's a rather cruel take on the character. I don't think Dazzler is anyone favorite but this isn't necessary.I quite liked her in the Australia era.

But Adam X is EXTREME!!

i've fallen down a rabbit hole of trying to figure out the ages of the O5 at the start of everything. They were all under 18. Jean is 4 years older than Bobby. Bobby is the youngest. Mutant powers hit at puberty so 12 is youngest possible.

Solve for X

Googling I just found a lot of people taking Emma at her word on her age which LOL

The subterranean Sinister London was wiped out by the Phoenix Five.
Sinister put up a good fight too. All those clones in his personal army knew how to fight.
They thought they had managed to wipe him off of the face of the Earth but he had a clone hidden away in a sort of hibernation.
The next time one of his bases was discovered it was a crazy futuristic high-tech ghost tower hidden inbetween dimensions. He had "perfected" engineered servants working for him then. They were kinda intimidating.
And that was all destroyed too.
So he was last seen hidden in a sewer lab lair with a team of four(?) "replacement Marauder" henchmen.
Storm's Extraordinary team decapitated him, twice i think, before he was captured and arrested.

I don't think she was that much older than Bobby.

I always estimated that Scott, Jean, and Warren were 16 when they began, Hank was 17 or18 and Bobby was 14 or 15.

that's about right