Why does Nostalgia Critic hate this movie?

Why does Nostalgia Critic hate this movie?

Okay, maybe I'm only speaking off nostalgia, as I haven't seen this movie in 10 years. But from what I remember, the animation was great, the concept was very creative and educational, and the humor was good (a mix of kids' humor and adult's humor). The only thing that bothered me were the live-action scenes, which were disturbing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GfaGm6XlpGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was a good movie.

The tv show was a bit of a weird continuation but that was actually pretty good too.

Didn't he make a video about it?

The TV show was good, but Ozzy and Drix getting transported out of Frank and into a teenage boy was kinda unnecessary, imo. They should've stayed in Frank and continued to battle germs in there.

Also, it was odd how Drix went from being stoic and badass to slightly effeminate

>Ozzy and Drix getting transported out of Frank and into a teenage boy was kinda unnecessary, imo
But user, without doing that how could you have super RELATABLE b-plots about Hector dealing with school and girls?

>Also, it was odd how Drix went from being stoic and badass to slightly effeminate
Yeah, that was kind of annoying. But to be fair, Ozzy became less of a street-wise jerk and more of a bumbling retard. Dangers of saturday morning cartoon adaptations, everyone gets Flanderized.

I think it was because he liked Inside Out and was mad that people were saying it was a rip off of Osmosis Jones.

dont take the whole review at face value, since his job is to be angry at the movie

He only hates the live action parts of it which I don't blame him. When the worst actor in your movie is Bill Murray that's a problem. From what I remember he actually liked the animated parts.

It really kind of was though. A good one, but still.

>When the worst actor in your movie is Bill Murray that's a problem.

Or it means your film is very good, depending on the situation.

>Nostalgia critic
Stopped reading there. That dude is an insufferable, infected taint. I mean he's sorta funny, but he's still is annoying.

i like him

I'm gonna be honest here, I actually liked the B-plots. Then again I was 8 at the time.

Probably because you're a screaming manchild yourself.

I don't hate him, his videos are sorta funny. I just think he's annoying and his fans are autism ascended in the astral plane.

Nostalgia Critic is a hack with pretentious tastes.

the live action side of the plot was stupid, there were a ton of plot holes and a lot of humor was really kinda low hanging fruit

also Chris Rock can be annoying sometimes

but maybe I'm remembering things wrong

This. I want very fond of the movie myself. I preferred the animated series.

>Conan the barbarian is bad

And that was the last time i watched nostalgic critic, he's more unfunny than the bad comedy movies he reviews

honestly he tries too hard anymore, things are better when you keep them simple, he doesn't need all the production effort he puts into it, no one cares about meta review sub plots

user AND DOUG SITTING IN A TREE

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

FIRST COMES LOVE, THEN COMES AIDS

>2016
>Caring what a man who scammed his fans out of 90,000 dollars for a shitty game show and has a fat man named Voracious Large Ass who complains about how his lively hood is threatened by the gaming companies because he only has 7 dollars in his wallet who then buys an alien ware area 51 pc that costs 2,000 and up and digs up JewWario's corpse and shoves his hand up JewWario's ass to make a puppet which he then uses in a memorial tribute which he monetizes and then proceeds to piss on JewWario's grave and shits on Jewwario's grave and then whines about copyright infrignement claims when he can't even read the nintendo partner rules and says he won't do any Wii-U games after fans bought him the Wii-U and he says he works 80 hours a week on reviews when in reality all he does is play games on twitch and owns one of every current game station and still complains about how he doesn't have enough money. Does 1 game review a month and chooses to do shitty movie reviews with Derecringe. Says he's going to have experimental eye-surgery because he's going blind. Gee I wonder why? Complains he hasn't had vacation in four years, but has gone to Poland twice in the last 10 years to get wined and dined by Witcher Studios (gave witcher 10/10) and do shitty interviews in which he interrupts the people he's interviewing and tells his friends to shut up. (actually calls himself a journalist).

Because he's a fucking moron with shit taste that couldn't even wrap hus autistoic head around the fact that The Last Action Hero is completely satirical.

If you still watch his videos you deserve to be gassed

So does Linkara.

>Then again I was 8 at the time.

Then you were the target audience and the cartoon did it's job

I remember being gross out

Then comes Colon Cancer in the final stage.

DO NOT MAKE AN ACCOUNT ON CHANNELAWESOME.COM
The only admin is the sister of Iron Liz. She sucks at Customer Service and there is no delete button.
Furthermore, they will not delete your content, but will in fact keep it up and use it to generate money.
but they will ban your IP if you call them out on their bullshit and will still use your content.

I'm pretty sure at this point everyone's already figured out that you're better off doing solo content and network connections with like-minded, more popular content creators or partnering with a tighter, smaller group than signing with some bigger 'organizations'

nostalgia critic hates a lot of good things, he's a faggot.

Oh and look at this hypocrite. I called her out on having crappy service and me getting treated improperly even though I had been a member of the site for 7 years (Hey, I was like 15 when I signed up) and they keep my content up even when I was banned for calling Doug out on his bullshit. And looky here when she complains about not getting a refund.

Nice meme bro.

>Why does Nostalgia Critic hate this movie?
Because it wasn't very good?
Like, it was fun at times, and it had some good moments.
But technically speaking, it really wasn't very good.
Then again, he clearly states multiple times that he goes more over the top with his Nostalgia Critic reviews since him saying 'Meh, its alright' doesn't usually make for an entertaining video.

Thank you feel free to use it whenever Voracious Large Ass (Angry Joe) gets mentioned.

That's a problem I see a lot of YouTuber's falling into. It's like they need to make the shows more polished and spectacular since more money is being made, when people liked how simple it was to begin with. Take JonTron for example; he's still pretty funny, but his skits really don't need a lot of the things he put into his more recent videos, and his dialogue feels more scripted and unnatural because of it. It's also the complete downfall of other YouTuber's such as RayWilliamJohnson.

It's sad Youtuber have gotten so big, you really don't see much variety growing anymore. I remember back in around '08, where there were a ton more people producing watchable content, where everyone was around the same subscriber count, but now it's just boiled down to a few big stars, nobodies, and good content that's just too lost in the crowd.

Dutygenerate senpai.

Because he's a hack with shit taste. This should not come as a surprise to you, considering the kind of people who make up his fanbase.

Let's talk about what a God tier villain this smooth pimp daddy was

>see the thumbnail
>see discussion about Nostalgia Critic
MELVIN

I think half the problem is that for the most part, it's either review shows or Let's Play channels.
For me, it's not so much a lack of variety as much as it is a lack of original creative endeavors.

We need a new LonelyGirl15, so to speak.
I'm seeing it in web series like "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" and "The West Records", and even older stuff like the Slenderverse, but horror can only go so far. It's not impossible to make a found-footage drama or science-fiction series.

Like, hell, podcasts have gotten back into the audio drama game. And that's been dead since the 1950s.

Based Cowboy Curtis.

The fucking smoothest of pimps

This. He's basically only doing reviews still because that's what pays the bills and it's not clear what other career prospects he has at the moment. He's also roasted things he actually likes. Like the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. In his Commentary for that review Doug admits he actually liked the show but found that pointing out and exaggerating its flaws made for a good (or at least entertaining) review.

The Nostalgia Critic is more for entertainment than actual film criticism and should be viewed as such.

He was pretty hot.

>The Nostalgia Critic is more for entertainment than actual film criticism and should be viewed as such

Shame that he isn't funny though. I mean that's an opinion, but like most of us on here share it.

i find him funny, though
since i rarely watch other "angry" critic style shows

i blame the nigger and the bitch that are always in his new vids

Are there any other cartoon villains who so casually mention murdering a little girl slowly over the course of 3 weeks?

Because a lot of the humor is shitty crude jokes about farts and ass.

I had to stop watching his videos when he appeared, because it came with unfunny skits and ads that overshadowed the actual review. I'm not sitting though 30 minutes of that shit.

>But user, without doing that how could you have super RELATABLE b-plots about Hector dealing with school and girls?
Honestly, I think it was to open up some other avenues for biology themed plots. Puberty, for one. And probably the most amusing anti-smoking very special episode ever.

I wasn't aware that NC was supposed to be a bastion of good sense and intelligent decisions or that his opinions mattered.

youtube.com/watch?v=GfaGm6XlpGQ

I have a weird fascination with watching the animated
parts of this movie every few years.
>That fluid animation
>The sheer creative idea of a buddy cop film within the human body
>That black ghetto atmosphere and style
I just find the general animated feature a refreshing work unlike any other. I mean has their ever been a big budget pg animated film that naturally blended a some black essence? Not to mention the inserted rap songs actually felt natural.

He doesn't.

He did a "Real Thoughts" review of Osmosis Jones and outright said he felt bad about trashing it in the NC video, because the animated parts were actually good.

on a related note, whatever happened to Nostalgia Chick?

Who the fuck cares

That's Angry Joe. We're talking about Nostalgia Critic. Maybe is you who needs eye-surgery.

Thrax did nothing wrong.

She is now a he.

Didn't he actually say Fembusters was better than Ghostbusters 2?

A LOT of youtubers seem to be doing this shit with the skits now, and it's mainly for one reason - youtubers who actually get paid are paid by the hour instead of by the view. You get compensated based on how much people actually watch instead of how many times they watch.

So a 30 minute long video that gets viewed 50,000 times makes as much as a 3 minute video that gets viewed half a million times.

It's why so many youtubers have switched from short 5 videos, animations, skits, etc to doing either
a) 20-30 minute reactions or lazy skits that people will view a thousand times or
b) 20-30 second clips that people will view a bazillion times

It's why you're seeing less people do animation directly through youtube as well, or at least supplementing it with kickstarters or patreons. It takes months to make a three minute animation and you just can't make money on it anymore through youtube.

>better than Ghostbusters 2

To be fair, that's not exactly a high bar to leap.

>GB2
>Bad

Only because he was basically being blackmailed by the studio the entire time.

They threatened to sue him if he didn't do a cameo.
They threatened to sue him if he didn't go out and help sell the movie.
It's fucking disgusting.

How, though? How could they sue him just because he didn't wanted to appear in a shitty reboot?

Although, that sounds like something tumblr would do.

>Nostalgia Critic
Why does his opinion matter to you?

same here, at least this glorious bastard make good shit to watch.

>shitting on GB2

Time and place faggot, I'll fucking fight you.

GB2 was fine.

Sure, it's nowhere near as good as the first, but it still had plenty of good scenes and it was definitely better than the reboot.

The whole movie sounds likes something tumblr would do.

Uh, i thought it was a meem that linkara was fucking a man.

This sounds true and not made up. I definitely trust random assholes on Sup Forums more than the man's own stated opinion; you clearly have a better understanding of his feelings about the movie than he does. The movie is "tumblr," and therefore everyone we like must surely hate it deep down.

Jesus Christ, has the movie even come out yet?

It did and it was a flop.

...What has any of that to do with the original's cast opinion?

>Nostalgia critic
There's your problem

Apparently the original actors were forced to appear because Sony threatened them with lawsuits.

>insulting Rolfe's wife

Man, I'd love to see where these people are now after Shitbusters is DOA.

Read up on the sony leaks, you can read them on google.com

the e-mails were damning to sony as a whole.

but confirm any bias you or anyone could ever have against suits.

I love the fact that all the people calling James "man-baby", are way more that than James.

Also, how does anybody take seriously whatever their opinion is? They are way more close-minded that James. Hell, they are insulting hi for doing something rational.

I like to stick with reviewers who don't hinge on the "angry asshole" shtick. Talk about the path of least fucking resistance.

And what's even more hilarious is that James has even more fans now after pissing random celebrities and feminists off.

I wonder how all those people writing articles calling og GB fans man babies feel, after their previous movie flopped and was immediately forgotten

EBOLA?!?