This is Valerian and the city of a thousand planets

This is Valerian and the city of a thousand planets.
Say something nice about it.

it was better than the last 5 star wars movies

Sometimes stopped trying to convince us the leads had chemistry so there was the occasional ~5 minute stretch where they acted like normal people and you could actually have fun with the movie

I'm glad it ended at some point.

V I S U A L S

Most fun I've had all year.

Great film desu.

That third act went on forever. That scene of the ayys standing in a circle around the military guy just wouldn't end...

It has an ending.

Bait

Bait

Re-evaluate your life

Hi there de Lavigne

It was complete shit. Bessons a hack and needs to stop making movies

triggered marverpajeet detected

dat mobie gots purdy pitchers

It had fantastic visuals and world building, complete and utter shit and plot. Proof that the French should never be allowed to fucking write dialogue and characters ever.

IT WILL KILL THAT PUG UGLY SCRAWNY FUCKING DYKE PIGNOSE CUNTFACE'S CAREER!!!FACT!!!

reddit

reddit

reddit

reddit

it could have been a solid movie if they got better leads

More like Valerian and the city of thousands of dollars down the drain

hi there reddit :)

have you been triggered?

kys

It wasn't kino, but it was exactly what I wanted/expected it to be. Just a really fun, brainless movie.
It was actually even funnier than I expected because they cast Valerian as Bart Simpson daydreaming about being Space James Bond. Also, Besson intentionally pissed off SJWs with the handshake montage.
I take it back, it was kino.

>interdimensional market
>platform gun
>the chains in the bar where you have to put your gun if you want in
>the lemon squeeze hat

That's it I think. Pretty bad movie. Also the 3d was dogshit. 200 Million $ budget but still can't afford real 3d cameras apperently.

Sup Cara, browsing Sup Forums now huh?

kys faggot

Every time I expected a subversion the movie just played the trope completely straight. Extremely irritating:
Obvious bad guy is obvious bad guy.
Melo-dramatic death scene complete with instantanious death after uttering last meaningful words.
Noble alien creatures doing weird ballerina arm-waves like in a musical.
Turning off bomb one second before it explodes.
Etc etc.

it had a shit YA flower child message, it tried to do too many things, and the settings were a huge mess.

i genuinely enjoyed it and i'd pay to own it if movies weren't free.

The settings were fine there were just too many of them. The entire underwater shit and that space battle flashback needed to be cut.

it comes out here in two days' time, and i'm going to see it despite all the shitposting on here.

>Just a really fun, brainless movie.

sort of like the Fifth Element, eh? and look how that's revered now.

makes you think, don't it.

> time war sequel when?

why do you foreigners even watch american movies?

> flaps hands
> squeezes eyes shut
> REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
> usher leads you out of the cinema and gives you a free garbage bag full of popcorn if you'll just stop screaming

i don't. i watch French films, Amerikan pig-dog. they have less ... shit.

nvm it's french. they somehow manage to put out worse shit than we do.

space jews

it is visually beautiful

Watch it on a big screen at least. I was looking forward to this movie this summer the most and can't help but feel a bit dissapointed although it nowhere deserves the bad critics and poor box office compared to other summer movies.
Seeing new ape movie this week, hope it will be as good as the last.

Really makes you think

Are you okay?

Dane posts here sometimes
Hi Dane, nice thread

okay dane

Did they intentionally make them look less like the comic version because that's how the thing from phantom menace looks?

I loved the visuals, the cgi was amazing, the action setpieces thrilling, the characters they meet interesting, and ready. get this. I fucking loved the two main leads and their building romance, found them both very charming. It was so god damn refreshing to have a good sci fi story on the big screen. I was also morally conflicted in the end, waiting for those black robots to kick ass was awesome. And those suits we all laughed at looked fantastic in the actual movie. I genuinely want to watch it again so I can soak in all the detail.

The only biggest plothole was when Rihanna called Cara a "10"

Its not a brainless movie, its fun that comes off as effortless because its so good. There was more thought put into the beach chase than in most action movies that ive seen.

i don't even remember a beach chase lol

Jesus Dane, I know your movie is bombing but this is a bit too obvious

oh, I still remember it because I found it very interesting with the switching between the market.

That black girl can work a stripper pole.

I wish I was dane, so I could be making movies. If I made this I would be very proud. I want to make movies :(

Besson tried to fit too much plot into too short of a movie. I spent the entire movie wondering why the main characters cared about each other and why I should care for them. It had some great visuals, thanks to Besson, and some interesting ideas, thanks to the source material, but none of it really seemed to work together.

Valerian was better than The Fifth Element.

It's really good. I expected nothing and was greeted with something really endearing and a serious ode to imagination and visual design.

Kek

>I fucking loved the two main leads and their building romance, found them both very charming. It was so god damn refreshing to have a good sci fi story on the big screen. I was also morally conflicted in the end, waiting for those black robots to kick ass was awesome. And those suits we all laughed at looked fantastic in the actual movie. I genuinely want to watch it again so I can soak in all the detail.
>The only biggest plothole was when Rihanna called Cara a "10"

I thought exactly what you mean

I think it's something about americans and their programation to perceive some stuff. Nobody bats an eye to some movies gigantic, glaring plotholes and pedantic characters but act like this was something off.

I really really liked this movie. Imagination and young love isn't dead.

>too much plot

wtf? There is virtually no plot. Gender fluid fairy race have cute make anything pets and nebulous "WAR" is mean and bad and mean. War man doesn't report collateral damage in battle. Liberal minded universe pisses self. END

Other than based Besson's inspired visuals, this movie has nothing. Well, OK, it has some sexy poll dancing and shit but then she tries to act. ... and that line about "illegal alien" oh fucking shit. This movie is loaded with estrogen.

Did you watch or like Guardians of the Galaxy 2? It may be a marvel movie but it gave me the same sense of imagination and space adventure. Much sillier though.

It doesn't have a strong plot, it has a premise thats used to setup side stories and action set pieces. Which is fine by me, there was enough plot to keep the pace going. Its an adventure movie, not a plot heavy one.

It was fucking fantastic. Very excited the idea of there being more, especially with Besson already starting to write the screenplay for the third one.

Thank you French government for paying for half this films budget before it even hit the cinemas, to flop.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 had a REALLY bad start, and shows how (maybe Disney) tried really hard to force Baby Groot's image into meme. GotG 1 had it down better, the whole character relations and such. Still the 3rd act and Yondu's arc was really well done and I seriously suspect that Disney forced them to make the movie more "lively" and less depressing or serious in tone by injecting some forced stupidity here and there. In fact, it shows with so much contrast at so many points.

Now coming back to Valerian, it shows a decidedly pace and act by Besson. Fifth Element zany stuff mixed with Moebius style and sense of wonder. I like it, it shows it was a work of love rather than a business, and I really want to see Valerian 2 with wishful thinking.

Cool creature design and world building.

Still not a good film, but it did have the occasional nice part. I also liked the opening.

>Valerian 2
L
M
A
O

I already pre-ordered the blu-ray. I really, really hope we get more. I remember thinking after the film was finished just how much money Star Wars makes and it's cultural significance, as well as realising people really do eat and enjoy shit.

I'd love to watch it but the only bootleg out is the same 15 minutes repeating.

Someone plz gibs.

Much like The Fifth Element, it's a movie that's destined to be fondly remembered but was never going to sell well

They're not supposed to look like brother and sister. There is no way the casting agent didn't notice.

i loved it desu

the visuals are stunning and the plot is simple, the pacing is good and for some reason the relationship between these two felt more organic than most of the bullshit Jewood makes nowadays.

the trailer looks great.

waiting for the 4K HDR torrent to give my final opinion on the matter.

Just saw it, great visuals, cool ideas. I liked the two main characters . I dont get the hate, good to see cool sci-fi world building for a changé.

some part of me kinda wants the movie to keep failing so many casuals won't get a taste of this movie.

a part of me want it to stay as some cult movie i can enjoy with few connoisseurs while the other really want it to be successful and ear the money it deserves.

topkek

bottomkek

It was better than Guardains of the Galaxy.

>Dweebs expect le meta self-aware bullshit in every new genre movie, even ones based on old-school source material.
This is why we can't have nice things.

most of millennials should be gassed desu

Is that the chick that made her boyfriend kill himself

Hopefully it killed the career of that ugly woman they've been trying to push as a hot new actress.

>some part of me kinda wants the movie to keep failing so many casuals won't get a taste of this movie.

so the casuals won't see it, and they'll remain casual, and you'll remain euphoric? well played, m'fedora.

>It was better than Guardians of the Galaxy
It absolutely was not

>changé.
Francois, can you please stop shilling this flop.

it looks like it could have been pretty if it was made in a time before cgi turned every shot in a scifi film into a mess of cluttered metalwork

im going to see it simply because it's not hollywood and it's an independent film.

cara has nice boobies :3