Season 1: one of the best shows on TV

>Season 1: one of the best shows on TV
>Season 7: total schlock

What THE H*CK happened?

wow user such a unique thought I'm so glad you killed a thread for this

What is H*CK?

why do people think season 1 was all that great?

show wasn't nearly as popular back then

pretty shit reason

It got popular and you hate it when things get popular.

Nothing changed.

hey man I'm not the one making these threads

>show gains popularity
>show runners dumb it down to lowest common denominator to maximize shekels
>show gets mega popular
>everything good about it initially is gone and replaced with generic, predictable tropes

It's a reddit thing.
Legit.

yeah it's too bad they couldn't keep it to as small an audience as possible like they wanted in seasons 1 and 2

The world felt immersive and cohesive, it didn't seem like they were making the show up as it went, it didn't hold your hand as much, the writing was better (Tyrion's quips were actually clever), the few OC scenes were actually great, no flanderization, lowest percentage of shit characters/actors, fewest plot holes, characters interact frequently, good pacing, second-best source material among the books, virtually no fanservice or political pandering, best characters, the showrunners actually trying since they knew season 1 would need to be good in order for the show to continue, a larger focus on intrigue than spectacle, least filler of every season.

Really there were a load of factors that play into why Season 1 was the best. It feels like a labor of love compared to the other seasons.

name one (1) other time this has happened

Season 1 followed the books very closely.

>Simpsons
>Community

>felt
>didn't seem
started off strong, didn't read further

>Season 1: one of the best shows on TV

>those stills

Understandable but I don't really agree

Although after how many years I am just glad winter is finally fucking here.
And I already know that the walkers arent even coming till next year. fucking hell...

When a show rolls on forever it slowly loses it's quality. The Simpson, Family Guy and other long running TV series like these are a very good example.

TWD

TWD has been irredeemable trash since the end of season 1, in fact according to some people since the end of episode 1

TWD hasn't been good since the first few episodes.

>muh constant decline in quality narrative

S4>S1>S3>S6>S2>S5

>Objectively wrong opinion
>Look mom I posted it again

good actors died

All thanks to Ned and Bobby.

The quality of the show died with Tywin. I'm onlywatching now to see how it all turns out.

Mom's gonna freak