Where you live, is the word "North" a good thing or a bad thing?

Where you live, is the word "North" a good thing or a bad thing?

For example:

In the United States, "North" is a good thing since it's associated with the good cities of the US (New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, etc). "South" in the other hand is associated with the shitty regions.

In Europe, "North" is also a good thing since all the good countries are in Northern Europe and all the shitty ones in the South.

I recently learned that Southern Brazilians REALLY hate Northern Brazil, so that would be a counterexample to the previous examples I gave.

god I wish that were me

No. North is Queensland, which is nothing but meth smoking inbreds, and Northern Territory, which is aboriginals.

from what answers it depends where the Equator is
tropical places = bad, cool/cold places = good
so for the northern hemisphere North is good and for the southern hemisphere South is good

No. South is Tasmania, which is also inbred.

No, The North is a shithole filled with foreigners and snobs who think they're superior because they use English to communicate instead of Maltese.

oh ok, nevermind what i posted then

It might just be a problem with Australia.

>maltese
*arabic

It's not a good thing, for obvious reasons.

>North
Islamic states with strong culture and sense of community. Everyone secretly looks up to them but will never admit it because their areas are considered "backwards" by international standards.

what?

no

I think you just meant to say new york. I don't know what those other 2 fucking states are.

Northern Brazil = Mordor

Don't ever go there.

There is nothing in the north but reindeer and alchoholism and that probably goes for sweden and norway too

the north of england is generally seen as a post industrial wasteland.

>In the United States, "North" is a good thing since it's associated with the good cities of the US (New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, etc).
That's "northeast". If you just say north you're including shitty states like Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois.

So are large parts of the northern US

t. Kehäkolmoshintti

North is great

The North is a strong Germanic area. The South is inhabited by Fr*nch subhuman parasites.

No. I live in the south of Europe in Slovenia also in the south of it. The north of Slovenia is mountains, landslides, places to ski at, drunks and fucking incomprehensible dialects.

North chile used to be Peru and Bolivia so race is a bit different. Nowadays people just see it as a desert overrun by inmigration, drug trafic and mining

The south is lakes, constant rain, beautiful forests, and the people are divided between mapuche natives and colonos, there is a lot of conflict but in my opinion it is way better than the north

Not really, North is full of gyppos

southerners try to make the north sound bad because historically it suffered financially when our industries were killed off

however, the north has maintained the cosy countries and historic towns that make england what it is, and largely avoided the paki scourge (outside of small irrelevant shitholes like bradford) that plagues the south (i.e. london, where 90% of the pakis live)

North is where poor people live, south is where rich people live.

no north is shit and poor and full of saamis

North has more Malays right? lel

How many minutes by car separate Singapore's north and south?

The "Nord" has a bad reputation. Poor, uneducated, deindustrialization. Nice atmosphere however.

>Islamic states with strong culture and sense of community
I think you're confusing it with the East Coast ("Pantai Timur" - Kelantan, Terengganu), saudara. Our North is shorthand for Penang, Kedah, and Perlis ONLY. They do share some sense of underdevelopment in infrastructure as with those states though...

means the financial centre down south lah.

bad, hillbilly land, poorer region of the country, violent people, nasty rainy weather, overly religious etc...

>southtugal

Germany:
North: Shitty places like Hamburg and Berlin
South: Cozy places like Bavaria and Baden Wurtemburg

USA:
North: Shitty place with no identity
South: Only place in the USA with identity

Canada:
North: Frozen Wasteland
South: Actually has people

UK:
North: Cool places like Scotland
South: London

Italy:
North: Places like Venice
South: Mafia places like Sicily and Naples

>North: Shitty place with no identity
>South: Only place in the USA with identity
Every major city in the north has a completely unique identity. Every city in the south can be defined by it being hot and everyone is stupid

In New Jersey it's like Brazil
>North Jersey: Urban shithole with Newark, Paterson, and poverty
>South Jersey:ethnostate-tier except for Camden

the north here is filled with alcoholic crypto-mongols who either bite off reindeer testicles or stab each other to death

The north just means that you seem like an outdoorsy person.
Im from up north in alberta and get told i got a think canadian accent

grim cities but nice countryside

>Shitty places like Hamburg and Berlin
I bet you're a Bavarian

Based germanon.

Northwestern New Jersey is still whiter than South Jersey, South Jersey has always had a black population

Here, there's not really a big difference between north and west, it's more like West and East.