What are some things that you're hoping Marvel or DC don't fuck up recently, even if it looks like its headed that way...

What are some things that you're hoping Marvel or DC don't fuck up recently, even if it looks like its headed that way? Like "Just seriously, don't do that, it still has potential. Don't fuck this up" kind of things.

For example I'd rather they don't strip Venom from Flash and just send him back into being a side character who's supposed to be Peter Parker's friend, and that's it. He's actually a character at the moment, and its good. You take away Venom and suddenly he's not shit anymore.

Fuck no don't give me that excuse that its better that Venom be given back to Eddie. Eddie already has a symbiote, if he can't sell his own story despite having the same powers he had before, then he's not a story. The reason Venom was interesting in the first place was because he knew who Spider-man was, he felt like a threat. Simply giving him back the symbiote won't help shit if you don't understand why it worked in the first place. Venom and Green Goblin were both interesting because they had a personal stake towards Peter Parker, that made the relationship more interesting. The reason they aren't interesting anymore is because they took that way.

Both of them have symbiotes right now; I'm just hoping Marvel isn't so afraid of the status quo that they send everything back twelve steps for no reason.

Marvel already has. I've stopped hoping long ago.

He was a great character until Bendis touched him. Sure, there were some missteps with Eddie Brock in the limited series frenzies but it all evened out/got pretty good reset with Agent Venom/Toxin. Space/KLYNTAR bullshit just fried whatever was left.

Ok so I'm new to comics, what should I read that involves venom and where can I go to read it? Any good sites?

The vision.
Marvel spent so much effort marketing it for so little payoff that im scared they will get frustrated and do something stupid to get it to sell.

Nah, fuck you. Give Venom back to Eddie.

Fuck you, Flash is a great Venom.

Just bring anti-venom back, it left for no fucking reason

>Fuck no don't give me that excuse that its better that Venom be given back to Eddie. Eddie already has a symbiote, if he can't sell his own story despite having the same powers he had before, then he's not a story.

You're a fucking idiot and just proved WHY Flash Venom was always shit

Flash should have been Toxin, or even an all new character, but he was only given Venom because nobody would care about Flash otherwise

You're all idiots, and they've confirmed that the new host is neither Flash nor Eddie.

I'm really hoping DC doesn't just let Barda's current status quo just hang for too long.
We need to get a Miracle mini series dealing with her and soon.
Still shocked he didn't join Justice League after Darkseid War in favorite of Baz's terrorist ass.

Can't fucking believe Fabok is being wasted on Suicide Squad, at least I can look forward to seeing his katana.

In favor not in favorite, my bad.

I want Liam Sharp to stay on Wonder Woman a long while... UNLESS Rucka starts pushing the Social Justice bullshit.

He showed hints he could go in that direction last issue with that toxic masculinity line but so far he is maintaining self control.

Sharp is everything I wanted artwise for a Wonder Woman comic & he was absolutely giddy & incredibly thankful to be on it so DO NOT FUCK THIS UP RUCKA!

If Liam does leave at some point, I want him on Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.

Of the 2 potentiol bits of awesomness to come out of the shitshow that was darkseid war (im not counting jessica but shes pretty great) dc already wasted lex luthor ruler of apokalips so i hope they dont fuck up babyseid.

Give this team a series.
David Marquez? On art after Civil War 2.

Asgard vs Shi'ar sounds amazing, especially with Dauterman on art.
I just pray Marvel doesn't let Aaron make Gladiator into a strawman like Odin.

With Earth One so far they have kept things pretty traditional, for Aquaman I kinda want something new & different.
Maybe have Arthur actually be merman-ish.

Bump

Becoming Anti-Venom was a great step for Eddie as a character and going back to essentially being a diluted version of Venom with Toxin is just retarded back peddling.

Anti-Venom could have literally gone nowhere....a book about Eddie going around curing cancer is not a fun read

The reason Eddie and the Venom symbiote work is their relationship, because they HAD a relationship

>a book about Eddie going around fighting disease based masterminds is not a fun read
>implying you couldn't just have Eddie's white blood cells start talking to him

>Morbious and various villains with afflictions are hunting Eddie to strip him of the anti-venom, so they can cure themselves AND sell it off

That would be an entirely convoluted way to simply make Eddie Venom again just so some selfish writers can keep doing what they please, like they're doing now

No, just make Eddie Venom again

Bump...

bump

How would you make Eddie Venom again in a way that makes sense though? As a character, Eddie is a bit different today than he was in the past. Like doesn't Eddie hate the Venom symbiote now and doesn't want to be bonded with it?

That's not a bad idea. I'd like for them to do something really out there with one of the Earth One books.