How would you make a Legend of Zelda cartoon?

How would you make a Legend of Zelda cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JXA8eweFyfg
youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7DHztmPF8
youtube.com/watch?v=YSUI0hNdRxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What I really fucking want:

Berzerk-style Link tredging through the woods and in dungeons, his daily struggle and agony is literally our story as each episode sees him face monster after demon as he further reaches his goal.

What should probably happen:
Pseudo-serious kid-ish action show alike Young Justice or Korra in maturity with a strong plot and a good cast of characters to make plastic figurines out of for money.

Make Link a silent protagonist, have a fairy/human companion give exposition.

What would actually happen:
Comedic-style shit show that's so out of the cannon universe that you probably wouldn't know it's a Zelda cartoon until you hit a credits sequence.

That would take actual animation skills. Hollywood has gotten far too lazy for that for TV. If it requires more than tweening, they'll be against it.

Start by calling it Legend of Link because it always felt stupid as fuck that Link does all the work and that lazy parasite bitch gets all the credit. Reminds me of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=JXA8eweFyfg

Was Nintendo filled with cucks when they named the franchise after a do nothing bitch?

>tfw any actual zelda show will probably be live action or CGI
>either way it will look like shit
It's because the stories LINK hears are about her, Link is really only a placeholder name anyway. The hero is supposed to be YOU. His default name is link because he's a link between you and the game world.

>Berzerk-style Link tredging through the woods and in dungeons, his daily struggle and agony is literally our story as each episode sees him face monster after demon as he further reaches his goal.

Pretty much have him be sorta like Samurai Jack who would occasionally go whole episodes without even talking. Link doesn't actually speak, and a fairy can work as his Proxy when they need someone to communicate something but they can't have Link just grunt and stare at random people and have them act like he's talking.

Remake this and swap out some stuff with Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass elements.

Plus tits.

Zelda was the catalyst for almost every game. Link is hardly even a character, he's just a median.

Well that and just about every zelda game is about some random boy who just happens to fit the role of the prophecy that gets told at the start of every game.

so the title Legend of Zelda isnt really about you its referring to more about what happened prior im guess.

A brand new story, with a set ending, and throw in as many characters, places, and elements from as many games as you can.

>Boco having a shit opinion

As per the norm.

Oh come on, whats shit about that one? A new story means lots of possibilities instead of being limited to a specific game.

I've never even played a Zelda game. Where should I start?

I have no idea what that lunatic is on about, it's very obvious we would need an original story. I think he's just butthurt over tripcodes.

It depends, they vary widely in playstyle, What systems do you have?

A link to the past.

If it ain't broke....

>What systems do you have?
All of them.

A Link to the Past if you plan on playing up through the franchise.

Legend of Zelda for the NES if you're more interested in jumping right into the upcoming Breath of the Wild afterwards.

Then start with a link to the past.

What i want:

>majora's mask
>link being silent or saying some important stuff every once and then
>fairy nagging link and making him focus on the main quest
>majora's background story
>zoras actually singing

What would implying this will ever be made:

>most popular game/latest game/a trainwreck with every time line of zelda
>well excuuuuuuse mee princess
>LOL SO RANDUM
>cross over with any random series like adventure time or whatever cartoon from any channel that would never pick up something like this
>funny gamer jokes
>some memes
>retarded art or cgi extra retarded
>I'm bad becuz i can
>princess zelda being in a relationship with link
>they give link a random name
>fairy is pretty much jake the dog, but a fairy

No, start with the NES game. Makes you appreciate the sequels more.

Then skip 2, and play the rest. All of them.

Maaaaaaybe pass on the two DS games.

>>princess zelda being in a relationship with link
so basically, Skyward Sword?

>suggesting passing up spirit tracks ever
whew lad.

Just make more Gravity Falls Alex, don't ask Sup Forums for ideas

Its better than PH, but its still not up to the standards of the rest of the series.

Don't listen to Boco, user.

The reason why we're suggesting A Link to the Past first is because that game along with Links Awakening were the style codifiers for every other fucking Zelda game that came afterwards. Those 2 games, in that order, are the best way to get into the franchise precisely because of that.

The first Legend of Zelda plays WAY differently, and only Breath of the Wild (coming up on 2017) is comparable.

>Skip 2
I was like you once.
Then I played it and learned to like it.

Also, don't skip Spirit Tracks. Can skip Phantom Hourglass.

>Link is really only a placeholder name anyway.
Not in the new one.

I'm almost inclined to agree, but for what it was it was pretty nice.

Either A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game but playing it after you complete OoT will enhance the experience in my opinion.

Arab Stereotype or Pig-Wizard?

But link would be given a finn/mordecai personality and the series would have half of the episodes being about how link is retarded and zelda is a cool princess with princess powers.

Like I said, Skyward Sword. Except you wanna give Link shitty dialogs instead of the limited but pretty badass ones he had in canon.

See: "...Am I late?"

Isn't magic forbidden in arab religions.

The first one is a crappy way to sell the series.
Come back to it after beating 2 or 3 of any of the others.

Don't you want to listen to link telling speeches about friendship, acknowledging your faults/mistakes/flaws and doing your best while being yourself just to fuck up after two episodes?

Every episode would be a new Link with a new quest in a new time period. Past episodes might get referenced in the form of artifacts in newer episodes.

I did like the annoying BF/GF dynamic between Link and Zelda, but the show needed some good fixing Dobson.

A Majora's Mask slice of life with him going around helping people with their problems with the dungeons coming in whenever the show needs to get extremely serious would be pretty cool.
The art style from the concept art would probably work pretty well for a cartoon, given some simplification of the shading.

>all these shitposters saying Link should be silent

You're free to explain why he shouldn't be silent instead of contributing nothing to the thread by calling everybody you disagree with a shitposter.

Something like this.

Is there any good reason to make him talk? At this point it would just bring ratings down.

If you don't care about where the different games fit in the timeline: A Link to the Past and / or Ocarina of Time

If you care about playing them in chronological order: watch a playthrough of Skyward Sword on YouTube

If you want to play one for fun: Wind Waker.

Narcissists don't understand this

1. Link doesn't talk
2. Every episode has a different location and a different set-up for whatever it is he's trying to do
3. Zelda kicks ass with him
4. They don't hate each other

Well excuuuuuuuuuse meeeee princess!

>link silent
>other characters cut him off or speak for him
>this becomes a running gag
>show is not dialogue heavy, like Samurai jJack told through visuals and music

Episodic

Each episode follows one of the Links in a mini-adventure that takes place anywhere from immediately after to long after their adventures

Switches between silent Samurai Jack style episodes and Link being a smartass piece of shit like the old cartoon

Zelda II

>Then skip 2,

Shut the fuck up, Boco.

Put it in the world of Link's Awakening/Oracle games. Those seemed cartoony enough for an animated series while still being somewhat serious. Maybe the Toon games. Balance the humor and drama, or just not have any of the former when serious moments arrive. Save the humor for select episodes, or add it in a subtle manner that doesn't break the mood.

Unfortunately, If such a thing were to happen it'd be akin to Sonic Boom, or worse - have a scene where Navi is the punching bag in every episode possible.

In that case, give it to Madhouse and make an SoL gag series. Dry Japanese humor>Tryhard Western references

Since each game is its own story, let's have something similar like pic related, where each studio puts its own spin to the lore.

Imagine, Second renaissance style segment of Kaepora narrating the Hyrulean civil war.

>The hero is supposed to be YOU. His default name is link because he's a link between you and the game world.
Not anymore m8 Link is slowly moving on from a pseudo avatar to an actual character, the next Link can't even be named.

Quick Sup Forums Nintendo and your favorite cartoon channel comes to you saying you have chance to make a Zelda cartoon but can only be either
>Pretentious "deep" action show
or
>Pure unadulterated no serious ever comedy

What do?

the first one, and make the story "links awakening"

in the game, the big secret is revealed only halfway, so there is plenty of time to build up the drama

one of the shortcomings of the game, was not having enough time to dedicate to the full weight of the nightmares predicament, where their dialogue claims that they are merely defending their home, with increasing vigor, as well as dialogue between link and z̶e̶l̶d̶a̶ marin, which sweet and poignant in the game, was short, by moving onto a TV format, all of these can take their time to unfold, as well providing much needed contrast from action

the game's story is simple, but it is beautiful and impactful, you dont need to be buried in lore, or adult themes to be deep, sometimes just a sincere telling of a story is enough

youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7DHztmPF8

this rendition of "ballad of the wind fish" is a good idea of what the shows tone would be

Damn user, that would be fucking beautiful.

I wish it was real.

I'd rather to a Metroid cartoon about Samus being a bounty hunter, at least then I wouldn't have to be tied down to a Link vs Gannon plot that has to be kept for the show

As cool as that would be, Berserk and Zelda have totally different tones

A good running gag would be Link tries to speak and people interrupt him, or some loud noise happens so you never really hear his voice.
Until the last episode where he confronts ganon and simply asks "why are you doing this?"

arab stereotype that transforms into Pig wizard for final battle

A Wario show that's a satire of saturday morning action shows. Wario gets thrust into the hero role over a misunderstanding and in the end robs everyone

I want this.

heavy focus on art and animation
plot/story is taken almost directly from the games
have a ton of sweeping shots that encompass the room/dungeon/city/area link is in

the rest of the budget is used to make link use the items in cool ways, like instead of just the hook shot, he grabs and enemy and does the classic spin and hit all the enemies
or he throws a bomb across a lake so hard that it skips a few times before hitting the target

start with oot, then mm and then either tp/ss/ww if it turns into a success

As Metroid itself, this comment is underrated

Pure unadulterated comedy so long as it's actually funny and pokes fun at the series.

Alternatively

GIVE ME MY FUCKING PIKMIN CARTOON. YOU ALREADY DID THE GODDAMN SHORTS, SO YOU KNOW IT WOULD WORK. WHERE IS IT?

When Marin begs you not to ever forget her and you know that completing your quest means that she and everyone else on the island ceases to exist.

Gets me every time.

it hurts

Good taste user

>The hero is supposed to be YOU.

Not really, the newer games give Link personality traits.

The ending scene where it briefly shows all the characters going about their day before they vanish into non-existence....

In the game, if you win without dying, Marin reicarnates as a seagull in the end

Ocarina of Time. I can't say anything would offer a better introduction to the series. It's not the most critically acclaimed game of all time for no reason.

Metroid is inferior to Zelda in virtually every way and wouldn't make a better cartoon.

>skip 2
Filtered.

>Metroid is inferior to Zelda in virtually every way
Super Metroid is a perfect game.

Not a NEAR perfect game like some Zelda titles, but an actually perfect game.

Prove me wrong faggot.

different strokes for different folks

After Ocarina of Time introduced the guide/companion character, it's almost become like a tradition to have a kind of bittersweet parting-of-ways at the end of the game.

Some of the more memorable ones for me personally were WW, with King Hyrule wishing Link and Tetra the best while choosing to be buried with Hyrule, Midna's goodbye to Link in TP, and to a lesser degree Ezlo gifting Link a hat at the end of Minish Cap as a memento of their time together.

Curious, for those of you that want a companion character, would you want an original character created for the show? What species would it be, and what kind of relationship with Link would you want it to have?

Probably an adaption of Wind Waker.

I actually like her as an angel

Which official artwork of Marin would you want as her design?
Always felt this style made more sense, considering she lives by a beach.

What would their interaction be like if her personality were fleshed out more? I always thought that aside from being sweet and kind, she'd have kind of an odd sense of humor and a spontaneity to her, just judging by her humorous reaction for when you use the shovel when she's following you around, and when she uses the crane to grab the crane-game-operator and gets you both thrown out of his shop.

or why not both styles?

>one of the shortcomings of the game, was not having enough time to dedicate to the full weight of the nightmares predicament, where their dialogue claims that they are merely defending their home, with increasing vigor

I disagree, the fact that it comes at the last possible moment, when the nightmare is despairing not over its own demise but the fact that its world is going to disappear, gives it the strongest impact. I don't need an extended dialogue where it's trying to justify its own existence, it just wants to continue to be and that's all you needed to know to feel bad.

Yeah, maybe I don't have a creative mind, but if he's interacting with characters on a somewhat regular basis/has a companion character, I don't know if it would work.
It's one thing for him to be mute when you're reading text and selecting yes/no dialogue options for him to move conversation forward, but I think it would get old with actual spoken dialogue if he can only respond with nods or shakes of the head, or whatever. I don't know how I feel about a companion character acting as his voice 100% of the time either.
Just make him soft-spoken. He doesn't need to be like the old cartoon.

Majora's Mask

First three days covered in two episodes, then one day per episode, one day every two episodes, then for the final cycle one day for every three as Link starts to slow down, get to now the people around him, follows their stories, and knows events well enough that he can move through them without thinking.

Still, maybe try to avoid dialogue when possible.
Some scenes are much more meaningful when nothing is said--that scene when Midna has a vulnerable moment, puts her hand on Links face and asks him if he'll support her, I think the warm, reassuring smile he gives her has more impact than if he were to say "yes."

Theme song ideas?
youtube.com/watch?v=YSUI0hNdRxo

And there's a episode where link breaks his sword arm in the middle of a dungeon , and has to play defensive until he can get out and get a potion or healer or some shit.

>bittersweet

You mean oh so sweet. You were finally free of those awful worthless characters. You should have unlocked a second quest where they aren't there or never speak.

>drama
So you probably wouldn't want to keep all the gratuitous Mario character cameos

>Taking an opinion as a fact
Try harder pls, baka

Really just want to see some love for Samus. Federation Force wasn't that good desu

/r9k/ please

The choice that allows me to set up a smash bro.s movie

I wouldn't.

Not every game needs to be a cartoon.

>wanting le dark and edgy zelda
god help you if you are not memeing

NINTENDO
ANIMATED
UNIVERSE
with tie-in mobile app about collecting virtual amiibos via geotracking

How come this thread is still here? Yesterday's Kingdom Hearts thread was deleted. KH the DISNEY game series.