What Sup Forums material are westaboos into?

What Sup Forums material are westaboos into?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanishingtrooper.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/superhero-artbook-by-gainax-and-friends/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=oZySKdewC1E
youtube.com/watch?v=SORQSepPrxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I remember there used to be Gravity Falls threads on 2chan.

I'm assuming South Park, Teenage Robot, and LOG.

PPG* there goes that sneaky autocorrect

>but rarely does anyone manage to respond
but English is taught in japanese high schools

Pretty sure Spider-man's pretty popular in Japan.

I know it's a mockery of wapanese kids, but I'm okay with this. Toonaholic, lol

For a certain value of "taught", yes

And even then very few actually retain it

I remember hearing somewhere 2chan had a lot of Phineas and Ferb threads too,

There's a really strong following of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon in Japan. Though it's only for all the gay shipping between the spiders.

Trigger are probably the biggest Westaboos in the industry. Yoshinari especially seems to love MLAATR. He's done fan art and even animations of Jenny

Lots of capeshit, if the extraordinarily high amount of DC/Marvel yaoi on the internet is any indication.

I see weebs drawing capeshit. They seem to like the MCU stuff too a decent amount. Taiwan and Korea are more westaboo friendly than Japan though, due to actually knowing a tiny bit of the English language. I've seen quite a few Korean and Taiwanese artists into Avatar/Korra and Voltron.

>Trigger are probably the biggest Westaboos in the industry
I guess that explains why LWA is straight up Harry Potter: The Anime and I love it

It's also said that PSG was inadvertently inspired by Drawn Together. Apparently they were at a pub getting shit faced on Saki or whatever and talking about how much shit that show got away with and came up with PSG

Wacky Racers

Do all asian countries use pixiv for their art or is there a place i can find Taiwanese and Korean art

I remember a few years ago someone posted a collection of fanart of western comics by some of the artists from Gainax, anyone happen to know where to find it?
Pic related

Literally every mangaka seems to have a huge boner for Mike Mignola.

I feel like that's pretty reasonable.

Nothing wrong with that.

>Americaboos
ftfy

Please don't ruin Pixiv anymore with western garbage.
t. Sup Forums

Ask Simon.

Probably everything.

vanishingtrooper.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/superhero-artbook-by-gainax-and-friends/
This one?
>ywn get a nextwave anime by gainax or trigger

That looks more like /m/ to me.

Fuck off, Sup Forums

That's the one, thanks fampai

>tfw we will never see AS commission trigger for a show

The preferred nomenclature is "yeehaboo".

Would literally anybody think he was weird in America?

I doubt it.

>yeehaboo
>not Sup Forumstaku

You can find it on Tumblr. Or Twitter mostly. Twitter is fucking awful for finding art, but they seem to like using it.

>Trigger are westaboos
>Hori worked on Steven Universe Mindful Education episode
>Imaishi haven't revealed the myster director
>Connie have a blink-and-you'll miss it character shot in LWA
Mfw the director is Rebecca Sugar.

I heard Superman

This.
Trigger loves western shit. A good portion of them contributed art to this Transformers fanbook thing from a few yeas back.

Best thing from it was Airachnid with a scissor blade.

As if Sup Forums is that big a thing.

TMNT

Spider-Man is huge in Japan.

Western cartoons I know of that got big in Japan:
SpongeBob
PPG
Phineas and Pherb (this one is huge among normie kids)
Ultimate Spider-Man
South Park

Shows that have a decent following among fanartists but nobody else:
MLaaTR
Gravity Falls
Legend of Korra (but not TLA strangely)

Western Sup Forums media that's popular in general:
Spider-Man, everything MCU-related

I forgot this one.

Also Transformers, although that franchise came from a mashup of Japanese stuff and now Japan has its own Transformers lines.

Queershit like you only care about it anyway.

TLA isn't popular supposedly because the Japanese dub is garbage.

Also because the fire nation reminds them of imperialist Japan

Isn't Gumball also making it big in Asia?

I mean China made a ripoff of it, and they only ripoff stuff when it becomes popular.

It's only popular in China afaik

>Gravity Falls
I dunno about that one. There's still rumblings about that in Japan. Especially since the finale was aired not too long ago.

It'll probably see a boost in popularity if only for that

And fanartists seem more obsessed over the AU fandom than the actual show.

>TLA isn't popular supposedly because the Japanese dub is garbage.
>Also because the fire nation reminds them of imperialist Japan

It got cancelled early into Book 2 in Japan.

Recently got revived via Netflix Japan and the rest of the series has been dubbed. No word yet on Korra.

So there was enough interest to get the rest of TLA dubbed, but not enough for a revival even on a satellite network.

The horsey show we're not allowed to discuss is in the same boat. Got cancelled after 52 episodes but has been revived on Netflix Japan.

Good comic, you should try it sometime.

Tom & Jerry is really popular in Japan for obvious reasons.

South Park is actually a fairly big deal.

>Western cartoons I know of that got big in Japan:
>>South Park

Nah.

It got cancelled early on and several episodes were banned from broadcast for making fun of Japanese culture (Chinpokomon and Ladder to Heaven are banned from broadcast and home video release).

It never attained any sort of mainstream popularity.

>bu bu but it was parodied in FLCL so it MUST have been popular!

If this is truly your line of reasoning then you are positively CRIPPLED with autism.

>several episodes were banned from broadcast for making fun of Japanese culture

THe episode of The Simpsons where they visit Tokyo was also banned from broadcast and cut from the DVD releases in Japan.

They're a country of sniveling little pussies.

>not liking westaboos
As someone that browses Sup Forums, you should consider bleach as your choice of drink tonight.

Pretty sure that South Park's popularity in Japan is supported almost exclusively by shippers at this point.

>preferring Ultimate Spider-Man
>preferring Korra over TLA

Japan has shit taste

Fagtron, Faggot XLR, Fagformers, FagoSquad, Faggot Rangers, Powerpuff Girls, Spider-Fag, Fagman, Faggotfag, Fag Lantern, Fag, Faggoty Faggot Faggot Fags, Fag's Faggoty Fags, and Faggots.

How much Spanish do you remember from high school?

>Also because the fire nation reminds them of imperialist Japan
>(Chinpokomon and Ladder to Heaven are banned from broadcast and home video release).
>THe episode of The Simpsons where they visit Tokyo was also banned from broadcast and cut from the DVD releases in Japan.

The Japanese are extremely thin skinned when it comes to having their world views damaged. Anything that criticizes their culture or history is banned and censored, even if it's historically accurate. They also have a hard time coping with how the real world differs from their isolationist perception of it.

Read up on Paris Syndrome sometime
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

tl;dr Japanese people are pathetic.

>liking westaboos
As someone who browses Sup Forums, please don't come back.

see pic
Why is there hatred for westaboos on Sup Forums? Does that extend to the manga artists that are westaboo?

Because there's really no reason to talk about westaboos on Sup Forums.
You may get a thread once and a while but it's usually rare.

>Powerpuff Girls
that got me harder than it was supposed to. good kek.

>Why is there hatred for westaboos

Nobody cares when they hear that British people like American cartoons.
Nobody cares when they hear Russians like American cartoons.
Nobody cares when they hear Koreans like American cartoons.

But OMG a JAPANESE PERSON likes American cartoons! WE HAVE ARRIVED!!

It's a part of Japanophilia; somehow a cartoon being enjoyed by a Japanese person elevates it and makes it better or whatever.

But what about popular artists that draw inspiration from western work like Horikoshi?

I legit don't know since I never been to Sup Forums but do you ever talk about the writers or is it more just a focus on the work they make?

That sounds less a hate for westaboos and more a hatred for weeaboos that like westaboos.

>That sounds less a hate for westaboos and more a hatred for weeaboos that like westaboos.

Only weeaboos care about westaboos, tho.

not really no
Sup Forums has kind of just turned into a complete waifu circlejerk lately, i'm only there for the retro anime threads now

>Nobody cares when they hear Russians like American cartoons.
>Nobody cares when they hear Koreans like American cartoons.
I care. I frankly want to know how western cartoons are received outside their country. It just seems like the only country I ever find translations for is Japan though...

It's that or watch foreign videos and pretend I know what they fuck they are saying
youtube.com/watch?v=oZySKdewC1E

>Nobody cares when they hear that British people like American cartoons.
>Nobody cares when they hear Russians like American cartoons.
>Nobody cares when they hear Koreans like American cartoons.
cause there's barely any fan art from those countries?

I know it sounds like a massive meme, but Sup Forums hates everything that isn't grorious nippon.
Out of all the boards on Sup Forums, they're the most elitist, and are the easiest to rectum-ruin, with the Peter Griffin incident being the most recent example I can think of.
I find it pretty cool when a russian enjoys an american cartoon, given how limited the animation scene is there, but I kinda see why people can hate westaboos.
Sup Forums fetishizes and wanks to anything related to japan, since it was founded by a weeb, and has 2 boards dedicated to jerking japan off extensively and exclusively.
A japanese person liking something doesn't make it better or worse. It could generate some cool art, but any nationality can generate cool art.
This, too, except Sup Forums has been a waifu circlejerk for some time now.

>I find it pretty cool when a russian enjoys an american cartoon, given how limited the animation scene is there, but I kinda see why people can hate westaboos.
Don't Russians just love animation in general? I'm not really keen or anything, but rutracker houses a shitton of western and Japanese media on it.

Despite being banned from television it continued to be popular on pirate websites for a long time. Eventually crackdowns happened and interested faded, and all that's left of the Japanese fandom is shipping. It's still one of the first shows that comes to mind when I think westaboo.

There's a fair amount of art on Pixiv. It got more popular since the last time I looked.

On a non-strictly Sup Forums level, Anne of Green Gables is/was very popular.
Not just in Japan/Korea but also in a lot of Eastern Euro countries
It represented a pure wholesome life that constant war made rare.

Russians love animation but they have really shit taste. Ice Age movies are crazy popular over there.

They'd think he's a bit odd, but there wouldn't be any social consequences for it.

Don't forget their pseudo-religious fervor for Gadget

>they have really shit taste.
desu it sounds like every other country

>And fanartists seem more obsessed over the AU fandom than the actual show.

That's every fandom

to add onto that point, No one in japan cares when there's american fan art of their series, which makes sense

Odds are he'd be in California. In which case, he would be seen as weird and out of place. Unless he was in San Francisco, then it's ho-hum, I've seen weirder.

Capeshit.

That jap chick that was drawing Impulse's shota ass even got a job at DC or Marvel.

I don't think they don't care, it feels more like they don't know.

When asking people on the streets, a youtuber found that most Japanese were surprised how well received anime was in the U.S and thought 'weeaboo' was a positive thing.

Wish I bookmarked the video so I could find it. This might take a while.

Koreans and the Taiwanese are far less autistic and insular than the Japs. I much prefer the comics they put out to manga (usually).

youtube.com/watch?v=SORQSepPrxk

Yeah I think that's the one.

>lately
As Sup Forumsnon who has been there since 2004 it always has been like that. Sup Forums is still is my main board i just sometimes come to Sup Forums see how west is going.

how do you like it here

Sup Forums is most elitist board but it is their culture and nothing really wrong with that. And they dont really hate everything that doesnt come from japan, alot people like samurai jack in there or king of the hill

It is nice even when i dont that much watch cartoons or read comics.

>They also have a hard time coping with how the real world differs from their isolationist perception of it.
This desu. Japanese society deals heavily in stereotypes and generalizations.

Is that by Murata?

That what happens when you live in island. But atleast they make something i still enjoy.

>tfw wanna watch cartoons
>the only ones I'm interested in are before 2000
it sucks desu

I know the creator of Yu-gi-oh likes Hellboy.

that's a very interesting duel disk

he also likes Spawn