Which video game could be made a great movie?

Which video game could be made a great movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g2y51Fu7lGo
youtu.be/sSB4QcQMm6E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

None of them you anti art pleb
Every single time one of these upvote group think toys gets adapted it ends up being utter trash.

The fact that ass creed and warcraft(both of which plebs like you have been begging for an adaption for more than a decade) ended up being complete garbage even with competent directors should tell you everything

Silent Hill 2 directed by David Lynch

Christopher Nolan - Bishock Infinite

FF7 just give me the money

This nigga know whats up Silent Hill 2 is pure art
the soundtrack is probably in all time top 5 vidyagames easy

David Lynch would ruin a Silent Hill movie by throwing in wacky shit and people will suck his dick saying 'BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK BAD!'

someone like LVT would do a much better job

Mass Effect Andromeda

what does lvt stands for nigga

Disregard that, my answer is Bioshock.

Max Payne would have worked if they just copied the games

Rather more Sup Forums than Sup Forums, but still

Certified kino for sure.

None.

such a plebbery disgusting taste fucking normie hipsters

>normie
>hipsters

you have to go back

A man can dream.

KOTOR II

youtube.com/watch?v=g2y51Fu7lGo

But since DIsney wants Star Wars to appeal to as wide an audience as possible (a.k.a. normalfaggots), this will never happen.

Deus Ex:HR

ITT: games people like, not ones that would make good movies

Desu Ex. It wasn't supposed to be a documentary!

Bioshock infinite has a horrendous plot.

Metal Gear Solid 1

Shadow Of The Colossus

Impossible

None.

Metro

Nier would make a good movie, since the gameplay and graphics were trash but the story was superb.

that one is already a movie

Easy

Twisted Metal starring at least 4 well known action stars including Jason Statham, directed by Rob Zombie.

no. KOTOR II would be a great book. KOTOR would be a great movie

Bloodborne would be awesome but they would never nail it properly

has a great setting and aesthetic, great music, great enemy design, and the story is simplistic but interesting. Only problem would be the main protagonist needs to barely speak

So basically the Ocarina of Time problem?

I mean, it's so simple, it could easily fit into a 90 minute movie.

i think Bloodborne is a far more interesting concept than OoT. But similar problem with the protagonist, yeah

>KOTOR would be a great movie
snorefest that is, plot been done to hell, kotor 1 being flashbacks and kotor 1 being the mainplot is far, far, fare more gripping experience.

System shock 2. Make it a movie to show the normies what real cyberpunk is.

The Last of Us has proven, no, surpassed film making in terms of storytelling and art form. Calling The Last of Us as the Citizen Kane of videogames undermines the amazing talent and groundbreaking art this game has produced. Adapting ito to a film would only diminish this great work of art, I pray that it never happens

/thread

Or Alan Wake.

youtu.be/sSB4QcQMm6E

Alan Wake is already a movie.

(You)

I honestly think hitman wouldn't work I they just get it right and tone down on the over the top violence. There should be no helicopter crashes and no cop chases. Either have someone like Michael Mann do it and have it almost like a conspiracy kind of movie, or have whoever did john wick do it, but like I said, just calm down on the action. Maybe even james wan would be a good director with the right script

Also don't know if this would count since it was a comic first I guess. But wolf among us would be a cool movie to see. Be nice to see something that would be pretty different and out there, and the fairytale characters and 80s neon noir look made a cool mix for a story.

This

The Logan movie is basically The Last of Us.

>Good Drama
Not a Great Movie though

I thought the last two Planet of the Apes movies already had the backgrounds for a Last of Us movie

Mein niger

DURRRR BUT IT'S ALREADY MOOBIE

basically any one, honestly

Wolfenstein: The New Order and Sleeping Dogs

This this this.

>Sleeping Dogs
Isn't there already undercover cop movies getting close in a crime organization?
Donnie Brasco comes to mind.

the metal gear games are too massive to be films, so much detail would have to be cut

Half Life 2

i always thought LISA would make for some kinda cool but weird kung-fu/body horror hybrid movie

Yes.

Could be fantastic, could be terrible based on casting. cate blanchett for the boss or no deal

Mafia 2!!!

I too enjoyed Dragula

JJ Abrams has been working with Valve on a HL and Portal movie for years
So don't set your expectations too high

Lars Von Trier.
Say what you want about his movies being edgy or pretentious, but he's the only director I can think of off the top of my head that would not only perfectly translate the atmosphere of the town of Silent Hill on screen, but he'd also do the story justice since it's filled with dread/depression/guilt/negative themes/exploration of your trauma and thats right up his edgy alley. Not only is SH2 one of the only games i'd consider 'art' but it would perfectly translate to the screen. It's honestly my dream movie, but i'm fine just replaying the game whenever I have an itch for it.
A Lynch SH movie would be trash and I'm a huge fan of his older stuff. Nu-Lynch is a total hack.

Fuck off retard. Infinite is the worst bioshock game, a bad fps in its own right, and has an mediocre story ruined by a 2deep4you unsatisfactory mess of an ending

>The Last of Us has proven, no, surpassed film making in terms of storytelling and art form
Nice meme.

this but only an in-engine movie

I can easily think of a way to string each game into a cohesive adventure comedy trilogy with enough material leftover for a fourth.

Jim Hosking, the guy who made The Greasy Strangler and a segment of ABCs of Death could do it

Crusader kings 2

Most games are already 80% CGI cutscenes, so why make a movie out of them.

If anything, I'd rather they make a 90's version of Last of Us

The reason why so many video game movies suck is because while video games are interactive experiences, movies are passive experiences. Remove the gameplay, and all of what makes a video game good is thrown out the window (unless the game is plot-heavy.)

Movies are a story telling medium, games are an interactive medium. Games literally do not have the story telling capability required to be converted into a movie. Plus they are 8-80 hours long and a movie is 2 hours long and a bunch of other technicalities. It's just a fucking retarded idea that you should get out of your head.

Fuck me that pic is so 80s I fucking love it

Overwatch. The Sombra cinematic had some great subtleties you don't see often in most animated films. The action was pretty smooth too. The other cinematics were pretty good and in the right hands I think a film could actually work. Maybe have the kids from the reveal be prominent so both the audience get introduced to the world of the game through the more cynical and unaware older brother and the vidya fans can fanboy autistically through the younger one. Or not, but I still could see it work. Just keep Michael Chu the fuck away from it.

TF2 too, no explanation needed.

Kill your dumb self nigger

Mortal Kombat but wait for it.... actually good.

No

why not

Contagion. Just for the scenes of beautiful Jessica.