The fuck was this? Dipper wasn't even being a jerk. Is he not allowed to socialize?

The fuck was this? Dipper wasn't even being a jerk. Is he not allowed to socialize?

everyone but dipper is a cunt.

Dipper was just doing what boys SHOULD do so they don't end up terrified of women. And then the women sat him down and scolded him for it and I'm sure that fucked him up.

DIPPER DID NOTHING WRONG.

It's not the fact that he did anything wrong. It's the fact that he may lose a friend because of it.

This isn't his absolutely true feelings, in a way, but he's doing it so he doesn't get death glares and cold shoulders by one of the few people he sees frequently enough.

Welcome to Mr. Hackman's wild ride, user. Next stop: permanent blue balls.

Boys shouldn't do what Dipper did. Dipper acted like a slut, and it bit him in the ass.

Boys should learn how to properly socialize with girls.

But guys are allowed to be sluts because the bible user. Girls on the other hand should be stoned to death for not wanting me

Hitting on girls is sexist now, haven't you heard?

too many people don't appreciate the genius of this cartoon tour de force

my boy Alex knows the only way to not become a cuck is to never be in a relationship in the first place.

so while YOUR wives are getting fucked by other men, I'LL be happily jacking off onto a picture of Mr. Hirsch

The whole point is that Dipper did indeed do nothing wrong.

The whole thing is just a cautionary tale for boys. The message is "girls are fucking crazy, so tread carefully".

I don't even think most people would have that much of an issue with this message, if they hadn't made Mabel's character 50% about being a boycrazy slut and gave her no repercussions for it whatsoever. I know that I personally don't really agree with the idea that casual flirting is misogyny because I am not a repressed american with deep seated sexual issues, but I can accept that message as an alternate viewpoint as long as you don't turn around and give someone else a free pass for doing the exact same shit at the exact same time.

this user has the right idea

Wizzardry 4 life!

By which point the pendulum will have swung and some fresh new hell will be upon us.

God I hope it happens. Kids might be so fucking babied today that it might not even happen though.

Guess we have to put all our hope into Teen Spirit. Can the angst beat the cucking?

>don't even think most people would have that much of an issue with this message, if they hadn't made Mabel's character 50% about being a boycrazy slut and gave her no repercussions for it whatsoever

Fucking this, I'm well last it now but damn did this little bit bother me after watching this episode. Especially since half the boys Mabel did end up crushing on she never talked back to again even though she could.

It's only bad when girls do it, amirite

If that the case cartoon makers from 20 years ago were "modern". Silly untrue themes and lessons have always been a thing on cartoons. "The bully is only mean because his life sucks" might be true but more likely than not the guy is just naturally an asshole.

With that said I'm not defining shitty writing, I'm just saying it always been a thing. Mostly because it is a cartoon. Even Dexter's Lab (which by today standards would be seen as an old cartoon) had a few episodes where Dexter was in the right but by the end of the day he have to apologize to Dee Dee and be the bad guy of the episode. Out of all of the episodes (not counting the god awful ending) that is the only bad episode of Gravity Falls that comes to mind. Compare to most cartoons (once again ignoring the ending overall) I can safely say Gravity Falls was a good cartoon. I don't know why the writers put such a shitty episode in but clearly they wasn't thinking that day.

>beta males like Hirsch
Didn't he fuck somebody else within a week of losing his girlfriend?

justin roiland?

But Dipper wasn't even being a slut. He never implied he wanted to go out with any of the girls, and just got their e-mails to keep in touch. The only problem was that he still had the idea in his head that he was doing this to get over Wendy, which is stupid because obviously that means he's still thinking about it and just forcing himself.

Yes, he fucked the newest and youngest member of the crew who just happened to look like Wendy.

I can already tell that relationship won't end well.

When complaining about beta males Sup Forums typically means that men like Hirsch have Pussy on Pedestal values about how women should be treated even if they're wrong. Craig McCracken is another one because he personally believes that "Women are smart while guys are stupid and just goof off."

Another man who has this mentality? The creator of Minions. He said in an interview:

"Can't imagine there being a Female Minion because the normal ones are sooo stupid."

Basically he believes men are inherently intellectually inferior to women. These kind of beta males are the ones in charge of making modern day entertainment. We need a generation or so to pass so that these bastards are rightfully hated upon for making bullshit.

So in 20 years time young media makers who aren't pussy begging simps who are contrarian to today's bullshit, they will make cartoons where female characters generally will face the consequences of their actions, so no more pussy pass characters like Mabel and many more Kitty Katswells (female slapstick anyone?). Bonus if they write female characters realistically so no more idealized "Hot girl loves Nice Guys" like in How To Train Your Dragon.

Yeah this episode was total bullshit. Mabel constantly flirts with boys, there was absolutely nothing wrong with anything Dipper did and Stan's advice was perfectly normal.

>so no more pussy pass characters like Mabel and many more Kitty Katswells

So no more one flavor of shit and more another flavor of shit?

Not only is Mabel a complete slut in mentality, but you know who is a factual slut? Wendy. She actually has a list of so many guys she's been with that she forgot to break up with one and never did.

And I really hate Hirsch for having Dipper obsess over that skank Wendy. Also anyone else remember the stupid scene with Kid Wendy thinking Dipper was cute and Mabel took it as an opportunity to shoot Dipper down saying "Now you know how she feels you creep!" How in the fuck is Dipper a creep for an innocent crush on an older female? God I can't stand Mabel. In fact I consider Sarah Lynn from Bojack to be adult Mabel given she sounds the same and I see Sarah Lynn's death as a happy finale to that cunt Mabel. Such a shitty character.

Reminder that Mable keeps a scrap book off all the boys she hit on

Anyone got that picture showing a woman whose wall is decorated with condoms along with photos of guys she had sex with? That sums up Mabel's future once she becomes old and no guy wants her ass.

Their moral was weak enough without having to glorify the most disgusting bunch of hypocrites I've ever seen.

Candy is introduced as a outcast sperg who tapes forks to her fingers and says shit like "I've made improvement on human bean". But Dipper was undesirable up until then because he was awkward? And THEN you rip on him for being shallow?
This is the same person who shat on her best and for some probably considerable amount of time sole friend because she thought Grendra was too aggressive (read: ugly and masculine, the only shit joke Grenda can do) and would scare away the fancy baron she wanted to fucking flirt with.

Take a moment to consider the amount of screen time "awkward asian nerd" and "it's funny this girl is like man" hogged in the second season. Screen time that could've been devoted to Pacifica, or literally any other character capable of change.

/thread

>Women are smart while guys are stupid and just goof off
It's always been like that fool, minnie mouse and olive oyl were smart and kind, while popeye
and mickey are idiots who are always getting into trouble. You're overthinking things.

Candy didn't get as much screen time as Grenda anyway, because Alex was intimidated by and needed to apologize to the fat and tranny tumblr audience so he gave her a fanfic tier happy ending.

Candy was derailed badly and underutilized in season 2. This episode was more of an insult to her than Dipper.

You sound insecure.
And wrong about Craig, Sylvia was a mom-like figure in Wander Over Yonder but she was the dumb impulsive one.

imagine if Candy has a better shipping episode (and before Stanford's appearance). Man, that could stir up a sizable moment in fanbase.

not that guy but I think Sylvia is only impulsive, not dumb. Sure, she is not as smart as Pepper, but she is at least more reasonable than Hater and Wander.

Is it bad that I would probably be interested in checking out this show but stuff like this makes its creator sound like such a cringing, repressed, self-loathing white knight dork that I've pretty much decided not to bother? I know that listening to Sup Forums is almost always a bad idea but I'm having a hard time here

The only episode I didn't like

Don't watch this show. If you dislike female characters getting away with everything under the sun, you will hate Gravity Falls. This line from the show sums up female characters according to Hirsch:

"We are women and we take whatever we want!"

And proceed to get away with it.

>Mabelle has serially monogamous crushes and is usually 100% dedicated to her current crush

>Dipper has that one time where he was I AM ARE POPULAR NOW and wanked on every girl in his age range within walking distance.

I don't think he actually had the guts to try that shit on Wendy though.

So yeah, Dipper was a fucboy and got his shit called out.

You're making the right choice. S2B is so crushingly disappointing it makes the whole thing not worth it.

>talking to girls is now the equivalent of being in several relationships at once
Hello, Hirsch. Where's my season 3 you fucking hack? I know deep down you want to come back.

instead of having this episode, we should have something else for Candy instead.

If Dipper was crushing on boys, they probably wouldn't have acted the way they did in the episode.

I heard every girl Dipper met sucked his dick at least once

Boys should be instilled with a desire to get pussy. Dipper did nothing wrong.

It's the feminist nightmare people imagined Steven Universe would be, but it turned out it's actually Gravity Falls.

I think you guys are missing the point.

Dipper was scolded for not telling any of the girls he was seeing all of them at the same time basically.

Mabel is boycrazy, but she sticks to 1 boy at a time.

and she got owned by a manatee.

>All of Grunkle Stan's advice to Dipper that episode is totally valid. He never lied to or misled anyone
>Implying there's anything wrong with casual flings, especially when both sides know the score
>Dipper doesn't even date the girls or move on them. He literally just gets their email addresses
>Things only fall apart because all the other girls show up and happen to be retardedly attached to Dipper
>Why the fuck do the girls think they're dating Dipper
>Stan and Dipper have to be put in their place for daring to be confident and putting themselves out there
>All of this bullshit for a fucking filler episode

You can have Stan be bad with women, sure, the divorce jokes were always funny, but he did literally nothing wrong.

If you can't tell, I'm still mad over this fucking episode. It amazes me how much time was wasted in 2B. People say Hirsch needed to stick to his 3 season plan, but he probably could've accomplished most of everything he actually used the time he had in 2B.

This.

Boys are pure. Girls are disgusting.

Honestly I'm pretty sure the message for like 90% of kids shows nowadays is "Boys aren't allowed to _______, but girls can!"

Because I guess if you have a pussy then you can get away with anything? What an incredibly worthwhile message that definenty isn't condescending or treating women like they're dumb babies who don't know what they're doing.

>Mabel is boycrazy, but she sticks to 1 boy at a time.
Rewatch the first episode. She hits on all the guys that come into the mystery shack. Norm the Gnome in his teenage zombie disguise was around the size of Wendy when they were dating. Mabel dated a guy almost twice her size, and never been called out on flirting with boys.

you should have realized it when you see the ghostbuster reboot's actresses' negative comments to valid criticisms. One of them generalized that man (avgn) criticized the reboot is just a crybaby. Hell, no one wants to see your shitty movie either.

>seeing them at the same time
I didn't know emailing someone counted as "seeing them"

>guys complain because Mabel never gets any comeuppance and Dipper is lumped with all the suffering
>girls complain because Mabel never any character development and Dipper hogs all the story relevance

Alex is a hack

now it makes perfect sense.

> Mabel
> Flirts with multiple boys
> "Haha, so cute!"

> Dipper
> Flirts with multiple girls
> EW WHAT A SCUMBAG

The manlet has a problem with masculinity in general, and this isn't the only episode where it shines through

A millennial 39 year old having a problem with masculinity and thinking it's sexist and chauvinistic when boys do one think but cute and "empowering" when girls do it? You don't say.

> casual conversation and getting their email
> "Seeing someone"

39 years old is too old to be a millennial, I'm pretty sure that makes him the tail end of generation X

>Quintel
>Not McCracken

People argue up to the late 70s being the start of millennials.

I'm a feminist and even I thought this was stupid too

as if Dipper is some player, he's a sweet kid who just wanted to build up his confidence, he's trying to get over an unhealthy infatuation

the show even plays it up as a positive thing throughout the whole episode, the cute little triumphant music when he shows off all the numbers in the hot tub, up until the cave scene

you're suppose to be rooting for Dipper... until you're not

it makes even the viewer feel like they're an asshole according to the show's logic

I really don't know which drove me up a wall more, this or when Wendy took Dipper's iconic hat and gave him her own

Bitch

this kid doesn't want to be obsessed with you anymore, what are you thinking, what are you going to do with his hat

The lesson was lost as time went on.

The message what was trying to say is "Don't be a playboy without others knowing because it will bite you in the ass later and get everyone upset including you who will face the consequences" but Candy came into the picture and the moral got messed up big time.

Meant to say 30. Sorry.

But the thing is Dipper wasn't really being a playboy, he was just talking to them

Hell he wasn't even being super-flirtatious with them or anything, he was just building up his confidence by talking to girls

I could see this moral if Dipper was like dating multiple girls but he was just talking

Really, if you're already making assumptions like that, it's probably just going to disappoint you. Season 2 dropped the ball.

Did alex ever say anything about how hypocritical this episode was? It really showed his true colors on the nu-maleism meme, as he really is a prime example.

Mabel tries to get with every dude who comes her way, even hesitating to give bill the book in the sock opra episode so she can get with some dude she just fucking met, and in turn allow dipper to remain a sock puppet.

But one episode where Dipper learns to flirt with girls, and does so, he gets taught that everything he's done is wrong? He didn't flirt with Candy either, she started that shit with him. He isn't forced to reciprocate the same feelings, but when it is revealed, by a huge retarded coincidence, that he's been just TALKING with other girls and getting their email addresses, he's a total dirtbag for that? What the fuck Alex? Are you really that much of a cuck?

This episode and Sock Opera honestly just killed the series for me.

he's 31....

I mean I'm 25 and recently dated a 32 year old and we seemed to roughly be in the same generation in terms of points of pop culture references, though it is weird he was beginning high school when Pokemon came out and considered himself too old for it even then to "get it"

maybe in that age range you're still a 90's kid because that was the bulk of your childhood but not really a millennial

The lesson was don't get caught.

The most infuriating thing about this all is that it started out with such a positive message and fucked it all up

"Not confident with girls? Just try talking to them!" became "YOU'RE LEADING THEM ON YOU SLUT, GIRLS WILL MISINTERPRET YOUR FRIENDLY BANTER AS A RELATIONSHIP AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT"

don't forgot that girls tend to overly exaggerate things, especially pre-middle schools. They use crying and other methods to express their "pains". On the other hand, they use gossip and slandering do the talking.

This!
I will picture that episode like this from now on

wow so this is what alex really meant with this episode. It's genius!

b-but Sock Opera gave us Bipper...

but mabel was ready to give up her own blood for an emotionally repressed sock fucking weirdo.

It completely ruined Mabel's character for me, and really marked the peak of her selfishness.

Like god damn Alex, how do you fuck up this badly?

Yeah, but all the guys ran away from her. If one of them gave them her number she would've stopped and focused on that guy.

The age for millennials sure does keep going up.

I remember back when I was considered a part of "Generation Y" since I was born in 1990, then all of a sudden like a year later I was lumped in with the Millennials, Generation Y is no longer considered a thing

shit's completely arbitrary, people are born every day, every hour, every minute, every second

it's a full spectrum, not neat little chunks

but i stay the same age!
shit, that's not how the joke goes, nevermind

I understand their idea.
>Don't be a PUA scum bag

The problem is the didn't let him do anything wrong. Getting some emails on a road trip isn't the same as hitting on 10 girls at the same party. Would you be mad if you gave someone your email and they meet other girls/boys (ppl he/she is probably never meet again in rl) at the same time?

Also Candy invited herself on a date with Dipper. Dipper never "tricked"her or said he didn't talked to anyone before.

so how would you guys have done an episode with this lesson, without making mabel into a huge hypocrite, and without punishing dipper for doing nothing wrong?

imo they should have just canned this episode entirely, but maybe there was a way they could have gotten their point across without having such shitty writing.

Hirsch opinion is obviously the opposite.
Only girls can meet several boys.

I think Hisch takes too much from his GFless youth and justifies that somehow.

They could have kept almost the entire script if they had changed it and had the girls apologizing to Dipper at the end

>Mabel changes boyfriends every episode and no one cares
>Dipper does the same thing one time and he gets shit on for it

Watch season 1 through to the end, and watch season 2 right up until the big thing with the portal. Drop it immediately after. Up to that point the show is great and was rightfully praised, but Hirsch didn't just drop the ball on the last few episodes, he spiked it down through the floor and buried it fifty feet in the ground.

The problem was that the episode tried to give a lesson about something it wasn't allowed to mention, i.e., appealing to girls' feelings then using them like the kleenex you use to masturbate.

So by removing the kid-unfriendly part it seems to say that hitting on any girl you aren't planning on marrying is wrong. Stan's demonstration is the best example, he woos the lady, she reciprocates, they go for a walk and apparently Stan is a monster for this, because he wasn't pursuing a serious relationship.

>entire show is Mabel did nothing wrong
>alex goes crazy and says "fuck you disney, no season 3"
>retards still arguing over show is one guy's loveletter to his sister

Is it really a love letter when you portray your sister as a dumb unbearable cunt, even if unintentionally?

which ep was this? I don't remember this at all

The problem isn't, most of the time, any instituted misandry or anything. It's just that writers tend to be loser beta dudes more often than not. Especially if you look at the process of writing for TV or movies- it's basically an endless stream of getting spat in your face and having your ass kicked, then having to crawl back on hands and knees to beg for more and kiss the ass of some dipshit executive so that you're not put on the shitlist and barred from ever working in the industry again. The only people who survive that process are naturally submissive fuccbois, who will thus put out their message as they see it.

The road trip idea doesn't work for that.
They should make a party in GF like in Double Dipper.
Dipper should collect phone numbers and he brags how many he has. This would show he really only cares about his flirting skills. He should imply or say to every girl that she is super special and interesting. This shows he is a lier. Candy has to be one of them. She has a crush on him before and believes his lies.

Then his house of lies falls appart...

I guess Hisch wouldn't let his alter ego do that.

>I'LL be happily jacking off onto a picture of Mr. Hirsch

In a dress? Otherwise it would be gay.

it's best not to remember it user. it will only make you mad, or ashamed for wanting to act masculine.

The want to fix reality. They do that by encouraging girls to do what they want and discouraging boys to do what they do.
>My new double standard will fix the old double standard

the more I think about it, what were they fucking thinking with a road trip premise for an episode like this?

part of the reason why dipper was so confident was because he was on a road trip and it wouldn't matter if he screwed up with flirting, and therefore provided a perfect opportunity to practice. But it still, somehow, blew up in his face. Are we expected to believe that?

in all honesty, I've seen MUCH more women leading multiple guys on then guys leading multiple women on

I doubt it's anything as well thought out as that

Here's probably the thought process behind this mess of an episode

> "I'm Alex Hirsch, I'm trendy and with it and up to date on all internet subcultures. I know that PUAs are badthinkers."
> "How can I communicate this in my show? I've made all my male characters be pathetic with women because that's all I myself understand."
> "I know, I'll have Dipper use PUA tactics in a bid to make himself better with women!"
> "Uh oh, a problem: I don't understand what PUAs actually do, since they mostly exist as a bogeyman in my own head for me to signal to other internet people that I'm a goodthinker."
> "What do they do again that's so bad? Uh...talking to multiple girls, right? I've been raised to believe that confidence = jerk, so that's probably it."

Alex can't write females
>Mabel is a hyper one note character who the show bends over backwards to defend despite her never learning lessions
>Wendy is a literally who whenever Dipper isn't trying to pork her
>Candy and Grenda exist solely as punchlines
>Pacifica seemed like she would get development only to not appear again until the finale and be reverted to her "HURR RITCH CUNT" personality.
meanwhile
>Dipper has solid motivations, learns his lesson and is actually allowed to lose
>Soos is a loveable and actually has a solid character despite being the butt of multiple jokes.
>Stan is one of the best written characters in the show
Hell, even Ford was more developed than Mabel

>even Ford
He was the best villain on the show, although that's kind of a faint praise now that I think about it.

well, at least Dipper got good character development in the final episodes.

Mabel was shit but she was my favorite in the beginning, which is sad, I remember really liking her. Dipper stole the show for me when Mabel started to come out as the cunt she really is, and I'm glad in the end, I'm glad my favorite character ended up being the most matured and rational character throughout the entire series.

>>Pacifica seemed like she would get development only to not appear again until the finale and be reverted to her "HURR RITCH CUNT" personality.
^So basically Trixie Tang all over again

but seriously, at least Hirsch is still a better writer than Hartman

which is why Johnny K. will never get to work ever again

Why do people hate 2b so much? Other than this episode, a general feeling of things being rushed, and being disappointed with the zodiac being pointless, I thought it was pretty decent. Are people just salty because they wanted more lore or something?