ITT: Work on Your Art

Didn't see one in the catalog, so I figured I might as well make one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2MA-otwjKw0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Real quick sketch from ages ago.

I'll post this doodle I've made just to keep the thread up. Lately I've been feeling like I'm at a a wall/stagnating, so I attempted to make a pic to show just so I can figure out what's up.

A friend of mine told me that I should do undersketches again instead of going straight to the outlines since I'm having issues with anatomy and consistency that could be easily remeided with this, but I'd like to hear your guys take

On the "faces" chapter of a drawing book.

>those noses
Oy vey!

Haven't seen one of these in ages.

Here's some of my trash though. Still learning shit

I tried doing my usual practice session, but I flaked since it's 4 in the morning and it usually takes me like 3 hours to get through it.

So I got bored and drew this instead.

I like it!

10/10

Uni keeps me busy though Batman.

Anyways, quickie comic page. Dunno if I would want to do something like a webcomic though.

Will critique you guys later

Here is a concept for a villain I am planning to introduce in the next arc of my comic.

>tfw lack of motivation due to other artists drawing better on-model art than you can
This sucks

Don't give up, user!

If you don't keep going you'll never improve.

Been working on this

been practicing your loomis i see?

Did some commission work recently. Other than that I rarely ever draw anymore.

I've had my sights set on an Intuos Medium for quite a while now, thinking of going through with the purchase next month. To anyone with experience, how long would you say it took until using one felt natural? Obviously it will vary from person to person and I'm fully expecting there to be a learning curve and some coordination, but I'd still like to hear some thoughts from those who have made the transition from traditional to digital.

Took me a few hours desu. I still need practice but I can use it fine

Just a little something i did while procrastinating

Well, I just drew up a couple of character sheets for an animation I'm working on for uni.

My future chidren's novel and comic take place in the same universe
The main characters are related (aunt/ niece)

I am, Bats. I've just come to the conclusion that I am a chronically un-creative person.

I need to just get enough stuff done for a decent portfolio and do commissions/contract work. Everything is fine when I have something specific to actually draw.

Friendly reminder: Sup Forums has a skype artists feedback group, add adogsmoothie and they'll let you in

How am I doing, Bats?

Also here's a splash page of the current arc

just started drawing on the right side of the brain

How the fuck do I learn how to get good at using a tablet?

Get good at drawing first. Seriously they both work in tangent. Your pic is sketchy and shows amateur skill. Go to /ic/ do beginner thread stuff. Using a tablet is only intially weird.

Some time ago I did some Imps.

This is really good, whats that tool?

The T-square?

Yeah, is that used for panelling?

If I told you I started this very simple drawing in my back yard almost a year ago, forgot about it completely, and finished only yesterday, would you believe me?

Okay, senpai.

Sorry to say, but if you're not sketching before jumping on to the final lines, you're not even grasping the tail of what drawing means. I guess there are super talented people who manage to work like that, but that's idiot savant level. Do a search on gesture drawings and start from there. Also, /ic/ taught me everything I know. Read the sticky.

Animatin'

That is an improvement to your last thing.

making progress! we're gettin there familam

sick shit gang

You should make the legs more wide and dramatic with the swing, or try to bring it back in perspective when it moves, because as is it looks like you're just squishing everything below the knee.

Experimenting with brushes and textures, but I think I went a little overboard.

I'm afraid to start drawing, Batman. I haven't even set up my tablet today. I'm just too scared to start... wat dü

I like this one. I want to use her as a character at some point but Im not sure how or when or what type of dynamic she could be used for

this looks awesome!

You're afraid because you want to draw something super good, but you worry that it will come out shit, with the corresponding knock to your confidence.

No problem - don't try and draw something good, draw the stupidest, shittest thing you can think of!

You wanted to draw shit, it came out shit and all's right with the world.

Tomorrow, draw something slightly less shit.

Repeat.

Not the same guy, but thanks man, I may need this. Really been struggling with trying to draw decent looking stuff, which is pretty much why I haven't uploaded some work in a long time.

Here's another one. /Fa/ is full of awesome references

Been trying to work on drawing big rough-looking men since i draw girls all the time.
Trying to get ready for a short comic I want to make.

nice job. Bigger noses and close-set eyes are great for the 'rough' man aesthetic.

I dig the sloping of his back. He looks "mountainous," for lack of a better word.

This is a sketch, which is difficult to judge, but it seems as though the far end of his stache is cheated a little too far over to become visible to the viewer.

It seems like you've accomplished what you wanted though! I'd be interested in seeing how a design like this would work in 3/4 or profile view.

yes

Bump + thing

double bump+thing

bump almighty

Thanks! I'm also working through the texture cylinder challenge, trying for an illustrative look.

Anotha one

Your anatomy is a mix of great and incorrect. Your backgrounds are great.

It's been a wile since I've draw so I'm a little rusty.

Hey if your drawing your not procrastinating, at least in my book. Also this is very impressive. The feet are drawn a bit odd though.

Very nice, very clean style you have there.

Why not

dude i love your style. i'm working on a cartoon, would you be down to do backgrounds for it?

yo this is pretty cool

I don't think I could, I've honestly barely got time for my own projects. Sorry.

Haven't drawn in awhile, but after rewatching ATLA I got inspired.

Your style would be fantastic for atmospheric and dream-like games, like Flower, I feel. I'd love to see it translated into something like that or a 3d short

I think I break her neck but then again, naga got a long neck

>Now, I tell you what…I like ya and I want ya.
>Now we can do this the easy way
>or we can do it the hard way the choice is yours.

Just wanted to get some second opinions on this robot before I continue working on it.

did some request work on /v and tumblr recently, I'll post some here in case anyone likes them since i wont be doing anything else with them. Here's one of the catboy from "off"

the cat-dog from yokai watch reacting to that uhh... other cat-dog. Much like off this is a game i'm not very familiar with but i did the request anyway.

and lastly, the unholy amalgamation of Star Butterfly, Mabel and luan from the loud house.

been drawin a pic every day for a little while now

I'm never gonna finish. I'm just too lazy.

Working on a little acting and lip-syncing.

youtu.be/2MA-otwjKw0

been drawing a lot of WOY since it's style is perfect for practicing more cartoony gestures and expressions

its also simple enough to practice doing quicker linework and playing around with different methods of colouring. really helpful actually, and a lot of fun as well.

A possible look into what she looks like underneath everything

So, is this entire world just robots?

bump

here's a random page in my sketch book, I'm developing a female character. Costume still floating around my head.

anotha one

your female character looks horrifying.
Honestly she'd be more believable as a guy halfway through mtf transformation.

No, there are humans, that's the entire point of the comic
Basically a SOL WALL-E, I guess

I didn't think you guys still came here on Sup Forums. When will we get an Americana short?

Thanks, man. It's frustrating when I see other people drawing things that are so much better, but I'll take your advice.

Remember: Don't just practice often. Practice different things often. Challenging yourself and discovering different approaches are key to overall improvement.

Honestly I wanted her to look scary, but that's the first sketch. I'm still working on her. (Another sketch of her on the right)

I can't even post what I'm working on, It's Scarlet from S.A. riding and enjoying a bad dragon.

Bump

Made this sketch a couple of days ago, for a character I have been struggling to develop a good design for, for like a year.

Once I get back to my tablet (no access to it right now), I'm gonna make a digital sketch based on this.

The basic idea of this guy is that it is a biologically engineered warrior created by a faction who obsesses over perfection and beauty of humanoid body.

I like