Drogon?

So.... what will happen with Drogon?

He got hit in the shoulder with a massive 12 foot barbed ballista bolt. Initially, you think a dragon that large will probably be just fine.... EXCEPT, Qyburn is renowned at making magic strength super powered poisons.....

My bet is the ballista bolts were poisoned with that same enchanted manticore venom that killed the Mountain. I bet Drogon will die a slow agonizing death from poison and probably be out of commission.

Daenerys will probably have to use her two smaller, less powerful, dragons at this point. And I'm guessing all the dragons before she becomes the regent.

Drogon from a poisoned ballista bolt. Viserion vs the night king..... and lastly Rhaegal will die in the fight for Kings Landing.

You also have to consider that Khal Drogo, Drogon's namesake died from a poisoned wound to the shoulder. GoT loves synchronicity and a type of cyclical history. And all the named animals, from all the direwolves to the dragons, seem to have prophetic names to their story arcs.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2wcBeyNdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shameless self bump.

Wow, it stings to have my first and only Sup Forums thread dead on arrival... I can't be the only guy wondering this...

you're putting too much thought into this show

Drogon will be grounded for a bit while his wing heals. Now would be a good time for the lannistars to move in with multiple ballistas for the kill

how big is his dragon dick?

Drogon is going to die from that wound. He'll die from an infection.

but the other 2 dragons are already used as transport vehicles to carry all the dothraki and their horses

It's not a shitpost or a meme, that's why you're thread is dead on arrival.

possible but there was no mention of poisoning the bolts. would feel thrown without thought if they did that. He will probably die by bolt(s) in an upcoming battle if not the final one.

How long are those dragons supposed to live anyway?
And who lays the new eggs?

Dany does

Shit that makes too much sense. sleep tight droggo.

Those aren't the only dragons there are. Some live in Old Valeria

your logic is sound but the show is written by DABID and is made to appeal to the normie demographic with short, sweet quips and/or action scenes that are easily gif-able to be shared on Twitter. plot development and realistic character reactions are secondary to making sure things are easily digestable and sharable on social media

what I am trying to say is he'll be fine by season's end and no one will mention it ever again

The whole point of that was to show Dani the ballistas exist. Now she won't bring her dragons into battle.

If Drogon dies after his first fucking battle it would be the biggest letdown ever.

Confirmation bias.

They live forever and get bigger and bigger.

that wasn't his first battle though

I just realised how stupid this fucking faggots name is. Drogon? Seriously. Fuck you GRRM you fucking hack.

Balerion lived for 200 years

Did that bald Tarly guy die or no?

First real battle, unless you call the turkey shoot in Slaver's Bay a battle.

Normies are raving about last night's episode, just check twitter. Many are proclaiming it the best episode of television ever.

Why does everyone here seem to hate it? Serious question, I'm new to these parts

i don't hate it, i actually liked the battle, it was the first scene i've liked involving dany since astapor in season 3.

It's just shitposting. The more shitposting you see about a subject on Sup Forums the more they actually liked it.
>Lets make dozens of GoT threads because we hate it so much

The first 7 words of your post are the answer to your question

>listening to stupid people

Having watched the final battle 3 times now, I can say that that fucker got scorched. I don't know why I'm the only guy that saw this, but in the chaos of the battle it pans to a bald man in the same outfit as Tarly on fire, he looks to be very badly burned. He jumps in the river and then it pans to other soldiers fighting and getting massacred.

I think Tarly was very badly burned in one of Drogon's sweeps. Whether he lives or dies I don't know but it looked like he was jumping in the river to put out the fires.

If that's Tarly he's gonna be dead or griously injured at best. I think it is Randyll though, I don't know how I managed to be the only guy that saw it.

I think Bronn, Jaime, Dickon Tarley will be alright. Along with a fraction of the soldiers that promptly surrender to Dany's forces. Jaime Bron, Dickon, and the 1/20th of Lannisters that didn't surrender are retreating back to King's Landing.

Randyll will probably die in a dramatic fashion in the beginning of the next one.... Or he'll live as an even more hateful man that's as burned up as the Hound.

It was actually one of the finest episodes of GoT ever.

See, here's the thing about Sup Forums. They are contrarian faggots. Whatever the established consensus is, they think they're cooler by going against it. This last episode was great. The last couple seasons were great. Everyone knows it, but they like scoring curmudgeon points by bitching about everything.

i have already given up all hope of decent writing in the show

it's cool to hate the show here

I'm still amazed, so glad this show exists

yeah it could have been a lot better but there's nothing like GoT in media

he wasn't bald, his skin was literally melting off. Tarlys get roasted next episode.

They are also claiming it puts the Ride of the Rohirrim/Pelennor Fields battle in ROTK to shame.

I honestly don't think its technologically possible for it have been better.
They bought a cutting edge helidrone to shoot Drogons POV and lit a record number of stuntmen on actual fire.

>it's cool to hate the show here
>it's cool to hate everything here

fixed it for you

Rhaegal will become Jon's dragon after he sacrifices Dany to turn Longclaw into Lightbringer.

the pelennor fields battle sucks though. the ride of the rohirrim is the only good part of it. once the charge hits it gets incredibly stupid and they are just literally running into orcs knocking them over. after that it's the fucking stupid legolas elephant part

Drogon the unimaginatively named dragon will become pregnant with Jaime's child.
The spear was tipped with something, special, and like snails - dragon's are hermaphrodites and have their reproductive entrance on the side of their necks.

Jaime and Drogon will wed, and their son will become king of westeros.

Danny Episodes

>Normies are raving about last night's episode
>Normies
>N O R M I E S

Helms Deep best battle

Danny claims they'll have no food
>proceeds to burn all the food
Tyrion says the Lannisters will be well prepared
>They are not
Jamie runs at Danny rather than throwing a spear
>Dragon plot armor
Bronn shoots Drogon and it only hits in the shoulder, after missing the first shot
>Drogon can still fly and gives almost zero shits

Yeah nah it sucked

The burned guy you saw was a regular Tarly.
Actor's name was Enrique.

helms deep is good, much better than any of the battles in RoTK. the battles in rotk are just too big, the scale of the helms deep battle is pretty much perfect, it's big but not completely overwhelming

>Thinking the show will do something smart and surprising

Nah, OP. That bolt is forgotten the next episode and never spoken about again.

Im so so sorry

Isn't Drogon supposed to be black? Why is he brown?

It was a heated battle for me. No puns intended.

Every time Bron came up I thought it was his end, fucker is my boy and fuck if he dies to a shitty lil dragon. The entire battle was actually fine, the Dothraki outnumbers the Lannisters and fuck them in the ass.

Thanks for noticing.
Almost all that you see was from real stunts and practical effects.
There was fire all over on the set, smoke too.
The bright and tall fire is cgi.
They also had a special twin crane setup to film the dragon's passes.
There was a lot of attention to detail, I think they could have edited it to be 5 minutes longer.

That's what makes the show disappointing a lot of the times. The scope in directing and special effects are better than anything that's been done on television before, but the writing and acting can be so bad that it drags it all down.

True Targaryen's don't get sick and are fire immune. Dragonglass cures the stone disease. It's not that far of a stretch to think Dragon's are immune to disease and poison.

>Dragon's

That would be too smart for this show.

Actually it would make sense. You never saw Khal Drogo really fight or the Kingslayer. GRRM was really good at subverting expectations by giving the audience a taste of what they wanted and then taking it away or not giving it at all. To see the Dragons burn shit in every fight would be repetitive and stale. Giving us a taste and then having them gradually be taken away and forcing Dany to rely on other means to win the war would be good writing. But I doubt that will happen as the show keeps slipping in quality since the fat man quit writing for it.

I wonder how much poison you would need for a dragon? You would need a huge amount to coat many bolts. Not realistic. OP is faggot.

Man they did a good job with the pyro. Honestly that episode was a GOAT for me just because of the absolute detail and effort that went into that battle.

The second and third episodes of this season were significantly better because plot relevant things actually happened.

Some of the actors are better than others.
Some good stuff in the next episode.
The writing for dialogue seems a lot weaker in #4 - my guess is that once they fan out of book material to use, they started to slip.
When you have a chance, or when they are released, check out the behind the scenes for the battle.
The ballista for example was built from scratch and fired - although not powerfully.

maybe they'll use the stonemen from the island as walking bioweapons against the white walkers - with friendzone as their stone-free leader

Dragons have fire for blood poison won't work.

>autism_speaks.jpg
he flies back to dragonstone in the very next episode

desu i'd be surprised if they ever mention ballistas again

it was pretty dope you special snowflake cuck

>They have a flamethrower crane

Because Normies only want a generic fantasy story where the "good guy" wins. And they see Daenerys as a feminist icon so naturally they equate everyone hating her character as a misogynist. Her fans are just fucking idiots. She's just as bad as the Sand Snakes.

>no webm

what is this, 2001?

You have a point with the synchronicity thing.m

>First Targaryen does the Field of fire
against combined Lannister and Reach Forces
>Dany repeats field of fire against Lannister and Reach forces

Glad you noticed.
Really was film level, filmed from all angles with 5+ cameras at a time often.

i wish i was this autistic

They looked for a way to shift plot so Drogon would survive until the final season. Basically, Drogon gets wounded, which leads to Daenerys using Viserion as her main mount in pre-finale big battle that always happen. Viserion ends up being a poorly trained/insubordinate dragon to Daenaerys when she tries rescuing Jon Snow, and gets killed after being goaded into a trap, which forces her to flee on Rhaegal instead (but plot twist, Rhaegal responds to Jon Snow's commands instead of Daenaerys, causing her pussy to erupt in a waterfall).

Jon Snow is suspected to be a Targaryen at this point, and it is finally confirmed by autismo Bran in the finale.

this is unironically great. say what you will about the direction of the show's writing but the special effects are usually top notch

shame they don't put the same effort into art direction and armor design anymore

It's like you're talking about me.

Appeal to young children is missing from this image.

How much will the Lannisters pay out to the families of the burned soldiers?

t. virgin who got cucked by the nerdfu he orbits at a Chadgic the Chaddering tournament

The show in general?

I think alot of it has to do with pandering, at some point it becomes so obvious that things happen purely to please the kind of people who "squee". Acting can be quite shit too. Stupid moments. etc.

I thought that was meant to be Drogon just roaming the world.

her three dragons are the only dragons in existence.

It was ambiguous.
But no one ever goes there because of stone men. Dragons could be there in what they consider their original homeland.

The armour in the battle was all pretty cool and looked good even close up.

You can't prove that.

that's literally the lore of the show and the book. They say it all the fucking time.

>Four hundred years before the War of the Five Kings, the entire Valyrian empire and almost all of its dragons were destroyed in a single day, during a cataclysmic volcanic eruption known as the Doom of Valyria. One Valyrian noble family, the Targaryens, survived the Doom on the distant island outpost of Dragonstone in the Narrow Sea - along with the last surviving Valyrian dragons.
>One hundred years later, Aegon I Targaryen and his sisters used the last three surviving dragons in the world to conquer and unify the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. For generations, the dragon-kings ruled over much of Westeros - but the dragons eventually died out after nearly a century and a half, and the species was subsequently considered to be extinct

get fucked

Dragon will die
Come back as a fucking ice zombie fighting for the night King

Screen cap this

I read the leaks too.

Screen cap this.

Yeah from the perspective of the people in the story who have never been to Old Valyria in decades because of stone men.
It's like the writers of a story have never deliberately kept something hidden from the reader before

Drogon will be out of commission for a while, so she'll have to use the other two instead. They'll promptly be killed in big battles, and then Drogon will triumphantly return when they need him most.

I would love to make a story with a strong female leader that normies love, only to have her fuck up due to her own incompetence and die just to watch the normies cry

>Thanks for noticing.

>When you have a chance, or when they are released, check out the behind the scenes for the battle.
>The ballista for example was built from scratch and fired - although not powerfully.

Where's my link to screeners subtle insider user?

there's literally no reason for dragons outside of her three to exist. It's just your stupid head canon

Pretty sure the dragonglass candles only light up when dragons exist, they had been dormant for years but they can be lit now.

Dragon eggs were just dormant. They all woke back up around the same time.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2wcBeyNdk

That is all that is publicly available at the moment.

the writers would have hinted at other dragons being about if there were dragons

there are no dragons other than danys three

No see that is head canon
What I'm saying is speculation. It's fully possible there are other dragons
But you saying 100% for sure there isn't is head canon.

Makes so is pregnant with 150 more eggs.

Goddamn, I fucking hope so, that'd be fucking awesome.

>It's fully possible there are other dragons
this is literally head canon
>But you saying 100% for sure there isn't is head canon.
this is literally fact given in the book multiple times and reiterated through many methods. Please fucking kill yourself.

Drogon meets Jon Snow next week and falls in love