Haha remember that whole genocide of the airbenders from the last series and what it meant for the avatar universe as a...

>Haha remember that whole genocide of the airbenders from the last series and what it meant for the avatar universe as a whole? Well HA WHO CARES just have some new airbenders anyway because we say so and spirit magic or something!

How did Bryke manage to ruin their own shit so badly? They could have at least made them find some secluded sect of airbenders somewhere or something. This is some cop out bullshittery.

I didn't like it because they didn't really embody any of the Air Nomad philosophy at all
Air Nomads are now world police I guess
And Airbending is really, really easy

This.

They didn't get genocided though.

>Cultures should never change or evolve with the times! They should stay exactly how they are forever!

I'll bet you're that same faggot who threw a thread-long tantrum over Toph having character development.

I think you missed the point ...

Enlighten us then, oh great seer of points.

>Cultures should never change or evolve with the times! They should stay exactly how they are forever!
Well yeah. That's how real cultures have worked for centuries.

Nobody was saying anything like this, just that the spirt magic randomly giving people air bender power was a cop out. I like that they brought back airbending I just dont like how they explained it.

Fair enough.

The Samurai seem to disagree with you.

>Cultures should never change or evolve with the times!
No one is saying that. It's the way it went down that's kind of shitty. OP even gave an alternative way they could have gotten their abilities you reaching tard.

The alternative was for Tenzen to have more kids

And for his kids to have at least 4 children each

Would've preferred this tbqh.

They went from 100% white to 1%

user his wife already pushed four of the little bastards, a woman can only take so much.

Well, Aang was into brown chicks.

If those fire aztec people could exist hidden away then why couldn't there be airbenders hidden away?

There were in the card game anyway. Its a shame they scrapped that idea.

Four children is hardly a lot, especially if you trying to rebuild an entire culture.

I'm not against it per say, but it was botched. Here's how they should have done it:

1. Introduce a minor Airbender character in season 1 or 2 that's descended from an Airbender that ended up hiding in the Earth Kingdom and intermarrying with them. Do to a spiritual lifestyle, the end up developing Airbending. This is done to show some Airbenders survived, but their culture died out do to persecution and the need to blend in.

2. Explain the new Airbenders as having been the descendants of past Airbenders who's latent bending had awoken. Also casually mention that more benders in general also appeared after Harmonic Convergence.

If this was done it wouldn't be the "it's spirits, I don't got to explain shit" we got.

>Toph having character development
She didn't though. She's still the same irresponsible, brazen girl but, one, now in the body of a decrepit and saggy-titted old hag instead of a loli. She never learned a damn thing and how her daughters turned out shows it clearly.

Wasn't she a ghost?

I seen many women have up to 12 kids in a single lifetime. Underestimating the capacity of a lady to have children is a mistake.

Yeah, they're just tanned airbenders.

It sure it shit won't be Aang's other kids.

How did the air nomads have kids in the first place? The men and women didn't live together. Aange didn't act like he had parents. Did the tribes get together to have an orgy and just raise the kids community

The story was that people assumed she was a ghost because of her airbending abilities and because no one ever got a clear look at her.

Korra might as well be an AU.

Yes

What really pissed me off about this season was how powerful Zaheer was *just* because he was an airbender. Like the other three had unique niches in their bending style, which made them formidable, but until the finale Zaheer is a global, avatar besting antagonist just because he's an airbender.

Completely undermines Aang's airbending skill and makes it seem like if Aang was any other element he wouldn't have made it past episode 6.

He wan't that good at airbending though, Tenzin was wiping the floor with him until the others came to back Zaheer up.

I never got that.
>insanely spiritual, wise, thoughtful culture
>can't have co-ed classes because people can't control themselves

what?

Which is exactly my point. As much as I fucking loved that scene, it punched a huge hole in the plot. If Tenzin is so much better at airbending than Zaheer, and people clearly can't beat airbenders anymore as seen with Zaheer's success, why isn't Tenzin wiping the floor with everyone he faces? Shouldn't it have twice the effect?

PON FAR!

the men lived two of the temples and the women lived at the other two. they visited each other regularly but no permanent co habitation. when boys are born and get to be like 7 years old. They are sent to live with the men.

youre getting into power level-tier arguing here.

Zaheer was a bad ass air bender because he trained to become one before he even was cappable of air bending. so when the switch flipped, he was instantly near master status,

I say near because he was beaten by an actual master.

Which brings us full circle back to the " air bending is really easy" problem. That's like saying he wanked for forty years and then when the day finally came he was a near master in bed.

Not quite how that works dude, is all I'm saying.

She had that development when she was working her butt off training a police force.

After that she just went back to being Toph and wanting to be alone. After she'd lived with her other daughter in her Metal City for a decade or so.

Lot of martial arts is study of form and in particular when regarding Air Bending following a philosophy.

He also had a connection to the Spirit World so even when locked in a cell he wasn't really "locked away"

neither did the Armenians.

It would make more sense if air benders came from the general world population and we're given to the air temples like the jedi did.

I'm just mad he never faced Unalaq and never straight up WRECKED him for messing with Jinora and Korra.

Hush Turkey.

Bending is "genetic" in this world, that's probably what happened in the past and eventually all the airbender "genes" got concentrated exclusively in the air temples.

Have you seen a baptist family?

Because Tenzin didn't have a lot of things in the series

Not any dumber than Sozin managing to kill ALL the airbenders during the comet.

Air makes fire stronger

Its actually true. Coed schooling lowers both genders performance on the task at hand.

At least for the teenage years.

The main thing with genocide is not so much them effectively ending an ethnic group. Most real genocides didn't manage that and nobody pretends they don't count because of it.

i was never really into loli until Jinora and Ikki

THIS ruined the show for you?
it wasnt anything else, just the Airbenders coming back?

This is a wushia movie logic. Not fighting for years means nothing to your actual habilities.

Why people always ignore these common trope conventions?

Never it is said that he killed ALL of them. On the card games and on a comic, there are evidences of FN persecuting remaining air nomads

While that is a Wuxia convention most of the audience do not mainly (or even often) watch Wuxia shows and movies so the writers shouldn't have relied on them being used to a certain trope if indeed that was what they were going for

Satsuma Rebellion

This was far from the worst part
Sure, it came about through bullshit circumstances, but this wasn't the thing that "ruined their shit"

You think it would have been easier to say that a lot of Airbenders escaped the temples and hid in the Earth Kingdom for the last two hundred yuears.

Just have either random airbender villages here and there around the desert, or make them a totally hidden society within Ba Sing Se or something. Then have them all come out and show the world Airbenders exist again in korra's time. Seems easy enough without spirit magic mcguffin.

>They went from 100% white

Where were there any Whites among the Air Nomads? Or the whole of the Avatar-verse?

>yuears

>They could have at least made them find some secluded sect of airbenders somewhere or something.
That would have ruined the original tragedy way harder than the admittedly stupid direction they ended up going in.

> millions of people die
> I only care about weeaboo magic

Alright, let's ignore the fact that you're a piece of shit and just focus on the emergence of airbenders again. They could've been the bastard descendants of wandering airbenders. It could've been the fucking once in a millennia event that just shit magic all over the world, who cares?

Mystery is good you fucking nerds. You hear me? It's a show about magic and mystical arts. The last fucking thing we need is to hear about their fucking midichlorians.

That would shit all over Aang's character arc as the sole survivor of a long dead civilization.

>Sun Warriors can hide away IN ONE SPOT and not be found for thousands of years
>Not a single air NOMAD can hide away somewhere and they all somehow get their shit wrecked

Hey don't you start saying that the "Avatar: the Last Airbender" cartoon is asking you to accept things.

Even in his fights, Zaheer was constantly stumbling around and making less-than-graceful movements. He spent most of the season running away from fights until he get flight.

>core tenet of airbender philosophy are nomadic traveling save for a handful of religious sites populated by monks and such
>what we see of the monks tends to imply a peaceful noninterventionest philosophy and literal pacifism
I mean yeah there were probably other sects and stuff but the only living Air Nomad was Aang and he bought into the pacifisitic no kill shit so hard he let a genocidal warmonger live.

That is your only living memory of Air Nomad culture. In Korra they become interventionist world police. Not even gonna touch the inbreeding issue.

korra haters are fucking stupid

no thay fucking didn't

My mother pushed out 8

She clearly wasn't trying hard enough

Just this. Everyone is fucking Aang now

you didnt watch the show did you

We don't know that. All we saw was was a handful of them and they were taking up the duty they'd promised to since Korra had been seriously injured.

I mean, is it really character development if it all happens off screen, and then the next time we see her she's literally no different than when she was a child, despite being like 80+ years old?

I mean, sure, we do get a flashback that shows she was corrupt while acting as chief of police, and used her influence to get her kid off the hook for her many crimes, and was a shit mother in general.

But... Anyone who knew Toph could've predicted she'd grow up to be a terrible mother and a corrupt policewoman. That's hardly a change in character at all. I think the most surprising part is that she joined the police at all, but then I suppose sociopaths are attracted to power, so the checks out, too.

The Avatarverse works a lot with copouts.
Not only in Korra.

The new species of Sky Bison/Lemurs was a severe copout

So you are bitching that they pushed the reset button and further because it's not a total reset despite story wise it doesn't make sense that the new generation is exactly as the same as the old.

Not really. It was bound to happen at some point. Seculuded species rediscover happens a few times in the modern world.

Aang found Momo after the Air Nomad Genocide.

Bison can fly. How would the fire nation kill them all before they had airplanes?

>hey could have at least made them find some secluded sect of airbenders

But then Aang wouldn't have been the LAST Airbender, ya dingus!

>Seculuded

>And for his kids to have at least 4 children each

I'd make as many kids with Jinora and Ikki as they needed.

It's a little easier for Pema, considering she has an entire sect of airbendaboos on hand as babysitters.

Plus, the Fire Nation was only trying to kill all the air nomads. They didn't really care about sky bison and lemurs, since the Avatar can't be reborn as those things.

>so the checks out

They didnt ruin a thing. I do not think that bending would be a purely genetic thing, its like people who can roll their tongues or do the spock thing with their hands. some can, some cant. and its not because of the parents that kids can do things. As I am sure there are things you can do neither of your parents could, to limit airbending to specific breeding only from or between airbenders is stupid.

but I suppose if you had your way they would do exactly that and there would just be a lot of inbreeding and your childish expectations would be met.

But magical appearing airbenders didn't shit on anything at all?

Hey user

Your idea is shit and so are you

fuck off and die now

they probably are only interested in other airbenders to have more chance of increasing the population of their nation. Your weak genes will never even touch them.

>and there would just be a lot of inbreeding
Each of Tenzin's kids would go out and have, let's say, two kids with a non-bender. Then those children continue on no inbreeding occurs.

>But magical appearing airbenders didn't shit on anything at all?
There was a catalyst for it. It's not like they just appeared when everything was going as normal. And it was airbending, not exactly air nomads. Tenzin tried to make them into the old ways but they couldn't be the air nomads of old. But they have a duty that they can follow and be stewards to the nations like how they were before long ago as Tenzin explains.