Be honest Sup Forums, did you enjoy Spectacular as much as you did because it was such a Gwen wankfest?

Be honest Sup Forums, did you enjoy Spectacular as much as you did because it was such a Gwen wankfest?

I enjoyed it for many reasons. Awesome Gwen is just one.

I liked how the show was progressing. Each episode was introducing a new element or a new villain, and when villains returned it felt like they powered up in some way.
The show felt like it was going to go through all of Spider-Man lore.

That's a dumb way to spell Liz Allen

Definitely not the primary reason, but it was definitely nice to see her character(and relationship with Peter) done justice.

Liz mostly got shat on though, expecially at the end when Peter was drooling over Gwen before dumping Liz. Y
Not what I'd call a Liz wankfest.

it was the best Spidey show, real shame we couldnt get some more

i would have liked to see Carnage

headcanon wise i consider it in the same.univerde as Wolverine and the X-men and Avengers Earths mightiest heroes

No, but it was nice to have a show that treated Gwen as an important character and not some gimmick like the 90's show did and Ultimate will do.

The show was just so tightly and organically written. The plot twists were—through some type of sorcery—surprising while also feeling like natural progression that made sense.
With a lot of plot-centric shows, there's only one or two elements from an episode that are used as build-up and carried over into another episode, but in this show, there were multiple subplots in every single episode: from the VoW, to the side-characters, to Spidey's development as both a hero and a person. With so much stuff going on there was never a dull moment and simultaneously never felt crowded or rushed. The show managed to keep this momentum going throughout its life and this is the reason why it is heralded as one of the best superhero cartoons of all time.

actually I liked it because it was genuinely entertaining to watch

The best part about including Gwen in the show is that you expected her to die at any moment.

Liz>Black Cat>Gwen>Sally>Aunt May>>>>>Red

Liz was better.

I enjoyed how well it portrayed the villains.

Honestly one thing we don't talk about enough is how fucking fresh its art style was, especially given how recent of a show it is.

I know I did.

Sean Cheeks is a fantastic designer, but he uses very delicate and controlled lines that seems to have fallen out of favor in TV animation precisely because of how difficult it is to pull off. The show never quite gets it right. It deserved a bigger budget and the attention of a Japanese studio.

Looking at that I don't think we would've ever gotten it to look on par, especially for a TV series. I think they did pretty good with what they had.

I enjoyed because it was the best Spider-man cartoon by a mile. Shit it's better than most of the comics and moves from the last decade. Gwen's not even best girl anyway.

Even though the arc was rushed, this was my favourite Lizard

Gwen is bestgirl.

Not really, I kinda wanted more MJ. But high school wasn't really MJ's territory so I'm alright with it.

I'm surprised other shows haven't used three or four episode arcs. I think that's one of the reasons SSM had great pacing. It didn't feel like it was rushing them or overstaying their welcome.

Didn't Gwen look different in the show?

She got a makeover in Gangland. Which if memory serves was like around the fourth or fifth to last episode.

I think you meant Eddie.

>BRO BRO BRO
Easily the worst part of the series.

Hey its not its fault it got cancelled before MJ's plot got rolling.

Literally the only version of Venom I actually enjoy.

To be fair that would have been weird as fuck without Gwen biting it and they did mentioned they would have kept her alive.
Imagine if this show had lasted until now. You think they would have done a Spider-Gwen plot just for the heck of it that would end with Gwen leaving the city?

I love the versions of Eddie Brock that were childhood friends with with Peter. TSSM and Ultimate.

While Gwen did became hot. The story was just spot on to enjoy regardless. If only they had another season

Who drew this?

I enjoyed it for multiple reasons.

Gwen was a one of those reasons.

Mostly enjoyed it for the balance of action, drama and comedy. As well as it nicely did the school life thing.

I'd be lying if I said the whole Bitches Love Spider-Man thing wasn't part of the reason, but the writing and the fights were also really good.

Too much bro, but the sinister part of Venom they did right.

Also the Symbiote suit on Peter started out as a black redeco of his vanilla suit, but the more it was getting control of him did the spider symbol grow more to resemble Venom's until it turned into it.

Honestly, the reason I liked Spectacular Spiderman was because they took so much of what I liked about Spiderman when I was a kid, dropped all the stuff I didnt then ran off on a joyride.

Tl;dr - Nostalgia wank

>dropped all the stuff I didnt

I liked it because of Best Girl™ Liz

It's clearly canon with Young Justice. Peter becomes evil and changes his name to Black Spider.

Liz deserved better. She could have been the love interest Pete needed.

Frankly I thought the Gwen stuff was one of Spectaculars low points. I love that it paid respect and homage to the Lee Ditko stuff but it shouldn't be beholden to everything they did. Hell someone of it's better stories where it's own spin on things.

I think Peter had chemistry with all of the girls, but I wanted Liz to win because MJ was slutty and Gwen cheated on him.

Simon.

>Spectaculars low points

Did Eddie deserve everything bad that happened to him? Or was he just really unlucky?

How did Gwen cheat on him? They never dated.

Hey big guy

Is this the cutest version of Otto Octavius?

low point is a relative term

getting him to dump his girlfriend and then turning around and not leaving Harry was a pretty shit move.

I understand that he was going through a rough patch but she really should have broke it off before the funeral

gwen was voiced by lacey chabert
so that was like +10 bonus
so yes
yes i enjoyed it.

The frightening part was how Greg Weisman claimed that he would have done the death of Captain Stacy as a direct-to-DVD story arc since it would have been too much for TV and borderline hinted at doing Gwen's death as well in the future if the series wasn't cancelled.

fuck this slut

I really liked this Eddie. He felt like he really earned that "dark Spider-Man" schtick that Venom always had going but never felt genuine until this version.

I wanna bust one on her eyes as she sleeps

Honestly she looked like she was ready to make a sextape there.

It made a lot of sense considering that Gwen was Peter's first girlfriend in canon before Mary Jane Watson was around, plus having the love triangle between them and Harry served a good role in the series by creating the ever-looming wedge being driven between the friends.
I still have yet to forgive Disney for replacing it with that really shitty Spider-Man with fucking Drake Bell, that shit is terrible and I think it's still running too.

I actually feel bad for him. The show was really good at making (most) of the villains sympathetic in some way and by the end Eddie just felt way he just became depraved and mentally-disturbed instead of being pure evil (the "addict" vibes imposed by the Venom suit were nailed perfectly).

Wasn't his first girl Betty Brant?

>All the girls wanted Peters dick after seeing him fill out that suit.
Which begs the question why Peter didnt go shirtless in the summer more often

Gwen was enjoyable, but I liked the show for the tightly knitted narrative, likable characters, and great action. It was one of those rare shows that I really looked forward to each episode.

>Spectacular Spiderman and EMH will never have new seasons

>Killing Gwen
>No more Osborn
>No Surtur
>No more good story arcs
YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN WHORE MOUTH WITH YOUR HARSH TRUTHS!

She's supposed to be someone from the comics, but Greg hasn't revealed whom.

Who is she?

>tfw never hear OUR WORLD'S ABOUT TO BREAK again

>No more likable Wasp

Forgot about her. She didn't get much screen time at all.

TORMENTED AND ATTACKED

best girl

LOST FROM WHEN WE WAKE

Never watched Spectacular
Was MJ good in it ?

She was pretty MJ-like. But she was more like early Party Girl MJ.

Holy shit this! It's like every writer has nothing better to do with wasp then have her be a bitch and a focus for drama.

They have to be doing it on purpose. Ive seen her be likable in a lot of instances in various AUs. I don't know their problem is but it really sucks that the first women avenger is getting the shit stick, especially these days where they're being PC out the ass

Probably my favorite bit in that episode is that at one point Black Cat is just walking by with a bag with a dollar sign on it.

Damn Spider-man and his super harem powers.

yes

DELETE THIS

Was Mary Jane always this Flirtatious?

Yes.

Which series does this Mary jane appear in? The art looks solid

Google points to it being Rachel Summers

Whats so great about Gwen Stacy anyways

>I'm always gonna remember that Spectacular ended with pete getting cucked, The Connors family getting the boot from their lab and Osborn getting away with it all.

She was a beta girl

Rach is best Summers grill.

Everyone has a Bad End except for Norman and maybe Miles Warren.

she is always the hottest girl

Cat deserved more screentime and/or something actually happening between her and Spidey.

>Rach is best Summers grill.

She's cool but that's not the compliment you think it is

Looks like Jane Levy...

pretty sure thats Hope summers earlier appearances

>thats Hope summers