In the finnish army atm

>in the finnish army atm
Name our band Sup Forums

Also posting highlight from unit pic

why are they sitting so close to each other
are they enduring this terrible temporary suffering so they can be neets for the next 60 years

This is the only occasion when finns get to know human closeness and community, many say army is the best time of their life

khan academy

How long is Finnish conscription?

thousand kilometers

Hapalicious

huutista mosille :D:D:D

6 months, 9 months or 12 months
Kekd

>6 months
huh? we have 9 for private soldier of the line and 12 for sergeants or something of rank. what do you get in 6 months?

>6 months, 9 months or 12 months
Does it depends on the role you serve in?
How can you even get anything done in such a short time? my basic training alone was 8 months total, Israeli conscription used to be 3 years but changed recently to 2 years and 8 months.

do they have ES there?

>Israeli conscription used to be 3 years but changed recently to 2 years and 8 months.
we should be more like you. a small country, but very efficient in military stuff

The whole thing is just tradition and a meme.

>my basic training alone was 8 months
it's 2 months in finland and it was enough to receive all kinds of training. i only served for 6 months and even that felt more than necessary

>How can you even get anything done in such a short time?
The shortest, 6 monts is for basic infantry jägers. It's short but efficient: the US troops who came here to train with us got their asses handed to them in one of the latest exercises

6 months is for people who really dont want to be there, short jobs include artillery man, message man and other tasks that dont require any expertise

obviously it comes from the tap, right next to cold water and hot water mixer

that's-- actually kind of cool. here we give the guys who don't want to be part of military a job in the hospital etc.

When I trained in Estonia, a lot of the professional soldiers told me that they were going into the militia when their service ended
You guys were some top lads, 10/10 would fight with

wut? what was the nature of your training? you were training for war or something?

>here we give the guys who don't want to be part of military a job in the hospital etc.
Civil service is an option here too but only a small amount choose it.

How cold are the winters and how warm are the summers in Israel? Are you a dry country or does it rain much?

just a big NATO training exercise. Mostly US and Estonia but there were some Brits and Poles there too
I wish I could go back, it was pretty comfy

ǹice, as a militant you probably spent most of your time out in nature. where our spirit is

It depends on where you are, the coldest winters are in the golan and the hottest summers are probably in the Negev.
The cold in the negev (not even on mount Hermon) is kind of a bitch if you're serving on one of the hills, snow is relatively rare but since the entire ground there is absolutely flat you get these cold winds that chill you to your bone, if you weren't hugging with a radiator you'd have to wear thermal cloths and also one of them coat-overalls.
But the cold in Israel Is probably child's play for a Fin, the heat is where it's at.
it gets balls hot pretty much everywhere in Israel in the summer, if you drink less than 3 liters of water without doing anything too physically taxing you might pass out if you're on the weaker side, The Negev is probably the shittiest place to be in the summer, because it's bone dry and horribly hot (due to it being the middle of the desert and all).
The IDF has some incredibly strict guidelines on how much you're allowed to do in certain weathers, even during my basic training, people have died from literally getting their brains cooked inside their skull.

I can't imagine cramming 8 months of what I went through into 2 months, even from a purely physical aspect.

i cant imagine ever getting drafted
desu i view anyone that went through it with a lot of respect

Mong05

Planet Mongolia

The Asian Element

Karelia Sucks Anyway

Kek

Aamuja vaan poika. Meikäläinen lopetti ekalla viikolla.

It would be the hardest thing you've ever done, but you can do it.
It's more mental than physical, and both of those things are rebuilt in the army,

>Karelia Sucks Anyway
passive aggressive punk rock act right there

szkarłatne przebiśniegi (eng. scarlet snowdrops)