How are the gun laws in your country...

How are the gun laws in your country ? As a private citizen can you buy semi-automatic firearms such as an AR15 and a Glock ?

You can in France but it's complicated, here is what you have to do :
>Join a shooting club, pay an annual subscription (~100/200$). As soon as this is done you receive a licence that allows you to buy any "manual" firearm (bolt action rifles, pump shotguns etc...).
>Shoot at least 3 times at your shooting club over a period of 6 months. You can use your own manual firearm or borrow one from the club.
>After those 6 months you have to do some fucking paperwork, be patient and finally receive an authorization to buy any semi-automatic firearm that you want, including handguns and rifles.

You can only own 12 different semi-automatic firearms. It's a pain in the ass compared to the US, Switzerland or Czech Republic (the only country in Europe that has a CCW for citizens, just like in the US), but it's not that bad compared to other European countries.

How about you, /pol ? Can you buy semi-autos in your country ?

Banned, as they should be

>How about you, /pol ?

Unironically kill yourself.

i live in california. the restrictions here suck

Depends on where you are in America, but in some states with have something called "Constitutional carry", where you don't need a permit to carry a handgun or rifle. You can buy semi-autos, of course, and machine guns are technically available but ludicrously expensive since all of them made after 1976 are banned for some reason. The requirements to buy a firearm vary by state, but in some places you can pretty much just buy one with no paperwork.

Topkek. And that's not really the case, I think you have some shooting clubs and stuff like that in the UK just like we do in France.
Yeah I failed my copy pasta, my bad.

semi autos are legal, but the unless it's .22 it's only supposed to have 5 round mags, there's a workaround to get it to ten though

have to pass a safety course with questions like is it better to look at something with binoculars or a rifle mounted scope, and then get police approval

It's very similar to France. For semi auto rifles there is a max mag capacity of 10.

One of the things that pisses me off most about France's gun laws is how they were responsible for the Charlie Hebdo shooting being so bad. One of the guys who worked at the Charlie Hebdo company was a sports shooter, and after receiving death threats he asked for a permit to concealed carry a handgun to protect himself. He was denied, and shortly thereafter was killed in the terrorist attack.

you can even buy things like 50cal sniper rifles

"Manual" rifles like hunting rifles or shotguns are freely available for all citizens without criminal record.

For semi-automatic weapons and handguns you need to get a license.

For fully automatic weapons you need a special permit which is near impossible to get.

Watched a video on it. About the same process. Join a shooting club, do paperwork and a psychological test as well I think. Also the guns are very limited, don't think you can own shotguns or anything automatic. Exception is if you were a police officer or were in the army.

Also fun anecdote: my dad got in prison for 2 years and they took his handgun he kept from when there was conscription and then claimed he didn't have a permit. He literally had the permit in his wallet but when he wanted to provide it as proof they just said no thanks and made him pay a €1000 fine.

Yeah, I do know about all of that. Which state are you from ?
Get the hell out of California. What are you waiting for ?
That's funny, in France max mag capacity for rifles (including semi-autos) is 30. 20 for handguns.
Yeah exactly. Apparently receiving hundred of threats from muslims isn't a valid reason to have CCW. Did you know that in Czech Republic citizens have access to CCW permits just like in the US though ? That's the only country in Europe that does.
Same in France, any manual / semi-automatic rifle that you want.

What do you have to do to get the license for semi-autos ?

>Which state are you from?
Michigan. We're not terrible, but we certainly are doing better than California. See pic related (where the goal is to get the worst grade possible, since the pic was made by a pro-gun control organization)

Take a weapons course and do a psychological assessment, then you can purchase it for 500€ or something like that.

>That's funny, in France max mag capacity for rifles (including semi-autos) is 30
it used to be more but they put that law in after a shooting
here they control it by taking a 30 round mag and putting a little metal pin in to prevent it from more than 5
because someone who shoots people wouldn't remove a little metal pin

>Can you buy semi-autos in your country ?

No fucking way

>Can you buy semi-autos in your country ?
Yes.
>pic related, most recent semi-auto purchase

Lol, that's so fucking stupid. Anyway almost all gun laws are fucking stupids.
Sounds great, it's really not bad compared to the other European countries.

>No fucking way
small arms are dangerous, because they can be concealed easily. If you run around with an assault rifle on the other hand,...

kill yourselves

Lol no.

What part of "kill yourself" did you not understand?

Which state are you from ?

Guns are half of what makes life worth living

>Guns are half of what makes life worth living

>Guns are half of what makes life worth living

One thing I don't understand. Why do Americans say that making guns hard to get is a bad thing. Like it's still possible to get guns, but it's difficult. How is that a bad thing?

Because it shouldn't be hard to acquire guns. Guns are something that everyone outside of jail should be able to easily obtain.

Wisconsin. Relatively lax as far as firearms restrictions go.

Great. Is this your own gun range on your own land ?

>Is this your own gun range on your own land ?
No I live in the city. I belong to a club with rifle, pistol, trap-shooting, and archery ranges. It's about 15 minute drive from my apartment.

Sounds cool dude ! Keep on enjoying your second amendment rights. I saw that it's getting heavily attacked right now after the school shooting in Florida. I watched CNN's Town hall on youtube, shit is ridiculous.

What I don't understand is that liberals don't seem to realize that banning semi-automatic firearms would start a civil war and they would get their ass severely kicked. They are retards.

An AR-15 is doable but that requires the second tier of gun license which is much harder to get and there are massive restrictions on the usage. You can basically never shoot it anywhere but a gun range.

Handguns, good fucking luck. There's only a few that are attainable due to legal caveats but 99% are outright impossible to have.

retarded dick sucking nigger

As I understand it, owning a .50 calibre anti-materiel rifle and an anti-tank gun is perfectly legal in Canada. The only issues are that:

a) you cannot fire anything explosive or incendiary
b) most .50 calibre rifles are banned for import.

Building on what this user has said, it's only rifles that you can own with a basic possession and acquisition license. To have a handgun or revolver, you need a restricted firearms license.

i love my rfile

>New Hampshire

This is, without question, a golden age since they finally passed the constitutional carry law in Feb of last year.

How it should be universally in America

>You can basically never shoot it anywhere but a gun range.
Yeah, well.. If you live in the mountains or just the countryside and have a huge land, you can shoot it there, nobody will notice and give a fuck.
Who?

We have 3 license tiers that control gun availability.

Non-restricted: Easiest to get, 1 day safety and operation course followed by a written test and a personal demonstration. Basically so easy it can be done by anyone with a day to spare. This opens you up to buy basically any pump action shotgun or bolt action rifle. You can also buy several semi-automatic rifles with this license so long as they under 18" barrel. These include an SKS, Bushmaster ACR, M14, etc

Restricted: Harder license, the same course and demonstration apply except now you need to provide a valid reason to need higher class weapons. The best reason you can use is competitive shooting. Just visit a gun range for about a year regularly and have them provide a reference that you are a common target shooter. This opens up a lot more options for semi-autos such as AR-15, CZ Scorpion, P90, VZ58, etc. It also some pistols like M1911s and Glocks

Prohibited: In theory these licenses let you own effectively any gun, but they are not available to any normal person. These licenses are available only to things such as law enforcement agencies and weapon museums

Some caveats to note are:

-Restricted class guns are "Range Only". You cannot fire them anywhere but a range, not hunting, no on private property, etc.
-Magazine size for all non-pistol rounds are capped at just 5, pistols capped at 10. Some guns can use "Pistol type magazines" legal loopholes to bypass the 5 round limit, such as a 5.56 compatible pistol type magazine designed for the ACR that lets you have 10 rounds.
-Technically having a gun license opens you up to random inspections of your home to ensure safe storage of guns as law requires but I have actually never heard of or seen it happen

As for safety measures, beyond the required course you must have a clean mental health and criminal history. Licenses can be revoked if you commit crimes or fail mental health evals (Registered database is auto checked every 24 hours)

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Gun laws in Canada really aren't that bad. The main problem in my opinion is your rules regarding magazine size. 5 rounds limit for semi-automatic rifles is fucking ridiculous.

>Restricted class guns are "Range Only". You cannot fire them anywhere but a range, not hunting, no on private property, etc.
Yeah, but as I said in my previous post :
>Yeah, well.. If you live in the mountains or just the countryside and have a huge land, you can shoot it there, nobody will notice and give a fuck.

t.soyboy