Lets look into these new Rick & Morty writers

Lots of people are saying the new female writers for Rick & Morty are ruining the show, lots of people are saying you are sexist if you complain

So lets take a look at all of the writers and their credits

Jessica Gao:

imdb.com/name/nm2005299/

Writer for Back to the Barrnyard. A shitty nickelodeon spinoff cartoon of the shitty early 2000s movie "Barnyard"

From here she moves on to The Mighty B!, which Ive never seen or heard of, so nothing to comment on there

She then move to the writers room for Big Time Rush. Yep, you read that right

youtube.com/watch?v=H-xlC4Be7GI

The new head writer of Rick and Morty was a writer for Nickelodeons knock off Jonas Brothers show about some lame boyband

Video for example: youtube.com/watch?v=H-xlC4Be7GI

From there she moves on to the Kung Fu Panda TV show which was awful

She then does the only two decent credits of any of the new writers with Robot Chicken and Silicon Valley.

She doesn't seem to last long. Shes had stints on eight shows where she only lasted long enough to write two episodes or less.

Jane Becker: imdb.com/name/nm5426546/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr13

Literally never done anything. Was an assistant to producers on the Simpsons. So her job was getting fucking coffee lmao

Somehow manages her way into the writing room. Likely by sexing one of the lame neckbeards on the staff or something

Sarah Carbiener:
imdb.com/name/nm3745774/

Only two credits of note before R&M are Return to Nim's Island and a show called just add magic. She also has a show called good game coming in the future

Erica Rosbe:
imdb.com/name/nm4030854/

This is where it gets fun and you can see the obvious nepotism. This womans only credits are the exact same as Sarah Carbiener. Meaning that one of these two keeps getting work because they know the other.

TL;DR New Rick and Morty writers are unqualified and are handing out jobs in the writers room to their BFFs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJCMxk7AdDA
twitter.com/ChairmanGao
twitter.com/janembecker
twitter.com/notanothersarah
twitter.com/crashrosbe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, according to IMDB, three writers responsible for 18 episodes in the first two seasons are no longer on the team. These guys names were on every good episode of Rick and Morty

If you look at their IMDBs, they are very qualified. Each writer lthat was fired has more credits than all the new female writers combined

They fired the writers behind 2 of the best seasons of TV ever and replaced them with people who wrote for Nickelodeon shows about boybands

This show is dead

List of things new Rick and MOrty writers are responsible for:

Direct to DVD movie starring Bindi Irwin AKA the fucking crocodile hunters daughter. Rated 5/10 on IMDB

Nickelodeon Jonas Brothers knockoff show about tween boyband. 6/10 on imdb

The MIghty B, shit cartoon 5/10 on imdb

Shitty Nickelodeon Spinoffs of popular cartoon movies the Barnyard and Kung Fu Panda

The social justice pussy better be worth it for these guys because they've killed their show and its legacy

Didn't people look into their twitters and find out they were your typical sjws and they were basically just awful and completely unfunny?

this shit has always sucked. but now it sucks even harder

I think one of them got fired from a job for making shitty trump jokes or something

>5 posts
>1 id

don't you have a Xavier thread to samefag in?

Looking into these credits, its impossible the conclude that these people were hired for their talent.

Could be any number of things, could have been studio intervention to push diversity shit, could be fucking people high up, or they could just be best friends with the Asian writer

But these people were not hired on their merit.

That can happen? Shit, well, at least they're consistent.

IDK I just read it on here. I haven't looked into their social media, but judging from the shit that is season three Id imagine its quite similar to your typical twitter sjw idiot

How SJW do you guys think this show will go?

Will Beth complain to RIck and Manslpaining?

Will Jerry get cucked?

So many possibilities

Good post lad. Obligatory reading for anyone who watches this show. Coulda chilled out with the spacing though.

>Also, according to IMDB, three writers responsible for 18 episodes in the first two seasons are no longer on the team. These guys names were on every good episode of Rick and Morty
This is the worst part. Who were those writers?

PIIIIIICCCKLEEE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

youtube.com/watch?v=mJCMxk7AdDA

Thanks

Eric Acosta, Tom Kauffman, Wade Randolph

Credited on every good episode, and their imdbs show they've been doing tons of work in the industry before R&M

It just sucks to see this happen. They fired three great writers and replaced them with writers from a fucking boyband show. No Rick and Morty fan can defend that

Do you believe everything that anons say on Sup Forums, user?

There will be a Trump surrogate antagonist at some point.

Oh yea most definitely

Theyre gonna have rick make a fucking monologue about how people should have voted for Hillary or something

judging by the faggotry that is season 3 I have no trouble believing they are typical sjws on twitter

>let's dox and witch hunt these people for ruining OUR cartoon!

I thought all you GamerGate kids were kicked out to another chan?

Rick and Morty killed by affirmative action and diversity hires

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHTTT

how is looking at their credits before rick and mort doxing them?

go white knight somewhere else faggot

if you want to defend the writers of such classic shows as Back to the Barnyard and Big Time Rush then twitter is that way

nah it was pretty funny joke.
she said "Barron trump will be the first home school shooter", Dan fell in love instantly and said they needed politically insensitive writers and offered her a spot WHILE HE WHINED ABOUT MDE

I bet you if you look into it theyre probably fucking people on the staff like that five guys girl

So they hired a woman whos only previous job was fetching coffee for Simpsons producers, to be a writer on one of the biggest cartoons in the world, because of a fucking tweet? And they fired 3 of their writers to accommodate this?

Just cuck my shit up. We need MDE back

Oh wow we definitely needed yet another one of these fucking threads, great work OP.

>So they hired a woman whos only previous job was fetching coffee for Simpsons producers, to be a writer on one of the biggest cartoons in the world, because of a fucking tweet? And they fired 3 of their writers to accommodate this?

Well, when you put it this way it sounds so unfeasably retarded it's almost more likely that Sup Forums is bullshitting you and anyone who believes it is a moron.

#DIVERSIFIED

TAKE THAT ALT RIGHT, GOODNIGHT!

It's actually not so great that they turned over their writing staff to this degree. But as far as I know, the last two episodes were written by the same person. It seems like this writer has inclination to "explore the characters" of these pretty 2-d comic archetypes, as if they would benefit from that treatment, or if that is something people demand from the show itself. Maybe she's some kind of superfan who loves watching those "rick and morty THEORY" videos and genuinely thought they were clever.

In any case, the show is already made, more or less. Us loyal viewers are probably going to watch it through at least half the season anyway regardless, so let's just hope these last episodes were exceptions to the rest of the season.

OP you're truly a king of kings.

nice Le Reddit spacing

I thought liking pickle rick was Reddit

helIo reddit

this is really unfortunate news but it explains why jessica gao was so fucking unfunny and obnoxious on that adult swim post-episode stream

HOLY SHIT just how triggered can Sup Forums get?

>one questionable scene in the three currently released episodes
>losing your shit to this extent
Fuck man, there has been one misstep and you're chimping out. Settle down. Even if it turns out that you're right, nothing on the screen to date justifies this level of panic.

I hate Jessica Gao

Ah, yes. The classic "quote half the posts in the thread and call them Reddit." Great contribution fuckwad

thats our secret we are always triggered

I think this is a good example of how the way we approach civil rights is fallible and a slippery slope. Rather than focus on the prize: equality itself, we take the "group" that is suffering most and then hoist them up, but creating identitarian movements like this doesn't naturally know how to stop... doing what it's designed to do, so it will just keep giving more and more and more to and spoiling the people it's trying to help, setting a precedent that it's perfectly okay for people to feel entitled to excess. This then renders the previously oppressed group now the privileged rather than equalized in certain ways, even if the former privileged group still has some privilege in certain areas.

Now, personally due to the fact that.. well... humans just are gender biodimorphic (hard fact, sorry buddy), equality is a pipe dream and it's better to think about human rights in an individualist way, because, while biodimorphism is a thing, there are always outliers we have to consider. The problem with movements like feminism is that it says that it "fights against objectification of women" while ironically objectifying women and objectifying men at the same time. Women are told they have to become more like men and be go-getters of society rather than housewives, while men, no matter what type of man they are, are all seen as provocative assholes.

These last two episodes were pretty average eps and par for the course. All the eps are written by the team to an extent so this is just the direction the writing team wanted to go. But they've done "why Rick and Rick's family is fucked up" since the beginning. I think if anything it's getting old, Sup Forums tears and copypasta aside. It's just spinning its wheels and going in circles with some shit like Jerry and Beth having a bad relationship and Beth being a cunt just like her dad is an asshole and they both hurt their family. Short of a civil war with Rick and Beth vs. Jerry, Morty, and Summer, where is there to even go with that?

Why did they do it though? Surely they realize its hurt the quality of the show

I kinda wish I hadn't seen this thread and could continue in blissful ignorance. The new stuff has been okay so far but now I'm scared.

The last two episodes seem to have spent a significantly longer time on character drama than any other episode. I remember the first time it really stood out to me was the season two finally, where they decided to send off the show by unironically playing Hurt by Nine Inch Nails. These eps have felt like that episode-long versions of that scene.

The problem is not that the show is spinning its wheels imo, because many long running comedy shows that were funny for at least a hundred episodes (like 30 Rock, Always Sunny) just let the shitty characters and their shitty relationships exist as they were because the characters are really foils for each others jokes and not dramatic characters that actually need to be realistically fleshed out. But right now it seems like humor is not the main focus of the show.

the episode was literally therapy and rick killing things just because.

oh and that "9/11 was an inside job" """joke""".

of course she looks like that

Always Sunny is a good example because that show had a therapy episode that was actually funny.

imagine if always sunny stopped being funny and started doing shit like this

LIke Imagine "The Gang Gets Analyzed" but the gang takes it seriously and tries to work through their problems. it would be awful

Exactly. Wish this show could be like sunny and just let the characters do fun shit instead of taking itself so seriously

all the posts I quoted were full of reddit spacing and were probably just one redditor samefagging

reddit spacing is a meme. But you know what isn't a meme? phoneposting. if you ever see someone make a typo but the keys they would need to hit are all the way across the keyboard from each other, be sure to call them out as a phoneposter, and a summer fag.

I don't think its the female writers, its more harmon buying into his own hype and the show becoming 'self aware'. his shows all follow the same pattern
genuinely good original first season, draws in fanbase. fanbase then becomes rabid, harmon pays attention to fanbase on reddit and twitter and steers the show in whatever direction they want. Season 2 comes and its not as good but still watchable. season 3 goes all in on the stupid fanbase meme shit. Harmon fired because he fucked up

history will repeat itself

This is part of it, but replacing three of the guys who worked on the first two seasons with four female writers is Harmon's method of doing this.

>new female writers

are any of them hot

Harmon is a hardcore alcoholic and a generally depressing dude. its totally him behind the show becoming depressing as fuck and losing all humor

>Summer fag
Reddit just cant stop their gay fucking spacing

lol what the fuck do you think haha

The guy with yellow shirt have the same voice the bad lip reading guy does sometimes (for luke skywalker and other shit).

no, they're "funny"

the constant music cues are awful too

Gao worked on Annoying Orange too. Just to pile on

>They fired the writers behind 2 of the best seasons of TV ever

wow, you have the shittest taste ever. Season 1 was ok, season 2 was full of childish songs and terrible sub-plots. What are you, 15?

this

this is the second worst meme to hit this board

Back to plebbit

>women

Its not the writers. Harmon is a hack

twitter.com/ChairmanGao twitter.com/janembecker twitter.com/notanothersarah twitter.com/crashrosbe

Heres their twitter accounts. I'm gonna post the worst ones

>"On #BlackWomensEqualPay Day, we recognize how much longer it takes Black women to earn what their white male counterparts earned last year." Retweet lf fucking Kamala Harris

>Every time I think I can't love Maxine Waters any more...

>rt if you're trans rt if you're lgbt+ community rt if you support trans rights rt if we should throw trump in a volcano

>Today was probably the most times Trump and intelligence have ever been used in the same sentence

>A balsy move i wouldn't see coming would be if putin did the @blackmirror pig thing to trump next.

>Has there ever been a peaceful secession? Asking for a friend. #ElectionNi

this is just from one of the twitters too. if I keep going I might blow my brains out

>I have a feeling that when Hillary is taking notes she's actually just drawing trump sucking a big fat d. #debates
>Maybe Trump thinks he can get away with it because his hands are so teeny women don't even notice they're being sexually assaulted?
>This day almost 100 years ago women secured the right to vote, and everything's been chill & awesome since. Ahem. Ahem. #WomensEqualityDay
>Hillary. Baby. Enough with the emails. You had me at hello.
>And just like that, Trump went from Racist Grandpa Drunk at a Wedding to Grand Wizard Calling His Klansmen To Action. Shiver.
>Bill has some very big shoes to fill as our next First Lady. #MichelleObama
>Historic times, ya'll. Next January we'll have either a woman or a sentient Cheeto as our president.
>Cruz must feel relieved he can put his human suit back in the closet for now and let his lizard-demon skin breathe again.
>It's kind of awesome to have super villains again. #trump

literally did not laugh once at this bitches twitter

This show is 100% fucked if it doesn't at least demote these bitches

onto the other ones
>Aging out of touch man told he's out of touch. Handles it as well as you'd expect.
>Just waiting for a meme or a headline where I can respond, "Get you a cuck who can do both."
>Great. Another thing Hillary will be blamed for.
>I'll be happy to see them go but still sucks that all the old people who voted for Trump are going to die before Medicare runs out of money.
>Cat chewed up my Planned Parenthood membership card. His new name is Paul Ryan.
>Not to beat a dead mom -- sorry, sorry, I meant horse -- but did anyone at the #MarchForLife mention access to affordable prenatal care?
>A couple of @WriteGirlLA mentees wore their pink hats to today's poetry workshop. These little whippersnappers make me feel old and hopeful.
>Fav chant: First comes love, then comes marriage, then we impeach that motherfucker Trump.
>Tshirts I'm getting made for the Women's March are just graphic enough that the printers aren't sure they can print them. #NastyWoman
>Can you believe it's already been one whole month since this great nation elected a self-confessed Rapist? Me neither!!!
>Can we discontinue all cable, digital streaming, and new releases in Red States? They can make do with Kevin Can Wait.
>What were you so fucking afraid of that THAT was the lesser evil? Was she bragging about deporting, torturing and raping people you love?!?!
>The number of white extras in Luke Cage is making me uncomfortable.
>If jails are going to be over crowded, let's fill them with convicted rapists. Oh... right. We don't convict rapists. Or send them to jail.
>Have locked myself in the bathroom. Will do my duty as a SJW until I pass out from thirst and/or hunger.

These two are the sole credited writers for the next episode. This is gonna get bad

can't you write proper paragraphs motherfucker? that shit is unreadable

Like most good animated comedies, it went to shit when they added the continuous storyline. See also south park
>i don't know what samefagging is: the post

Well fuck me then. I would say that enough bad backlash will make them give them the boot before next season but its fanbase of memers is just gonna eat anything R+M up anyway.

Were they still writing the show when the Trump arc was going on?

>Hey, Morty, could you hand me that *BURP* god on my workbench.
>R-Rick, there is no g-god o-
>That's right, Morty! There is no God! Fuck you and my family. WUBALUBADUBDUB! SHIT ON THE FLOOR! I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!
>*BURP* Hey Morty did you go to the *BURP* store like I asked?
>Y-yeah Rick I s-sure did our fans were t-there with me
>Oh Morty *BURP* good 4th wall hey *BURP* did you *BURP* get *BURP* everything *BURP* on *BURP* the *BURP* list *BU
>W-well I tr-tr-tried Rick except the l-last thing on the list
>'God' is last on the list right *BURP* Morty?
>Y-yeah Rick I couldn't find g-god--
>Exactly Morty! No one can find God because he isn't real! SHIT DICK POOPY POOP WUB DUB
>FUCK GOD, FUCK RELIGION, I'M SMART, WUBBALUBADUBDUB GET SCHIFTWY SHIT ON THE BIBLE YEAH! NIHILISM! *tips fedora*
>hey morty burp come here
>o-okay rick
>look up on that roof you see burp that right there look at that
>w-what rick
>that god on the roof
>b-but rick there isn't a god o-
>YOU'RE RIGHT MORTY THERE ISN'T A GOD
>SCHWIFTY DIARRHEA KILL ME NIHILISM

Okay r_thedonald.

This episode had fuck all to do with politics. So why the fuck do you have to come here and try to make it about your thoughts on the fucking election. I don't give a shit what actors or writers think and I don't give a shit what you think, either. So stop shoving it in my fucking face. This episode wasn't about muh Trump vs. muh Hillary. You retarded faggots. Talk about the show and if not, well fuck, it'd be great if there's a damn board to talk about politics on, wouldn't it? Oh yeah, downvoted, by the way, you plebbit fucks.

Dan Harmon has already said that episode 4 of this season would be the worst episode of Rick and Morty ever, but I don't think he's exactly figured out the cause.

you have to go back

Back to the Barnyard was good though.

Why don't you go back to your fellow pedes instead, fucktard? Then you can downvote this.

Newfag does not know what doxing is, you're the kid.

Lol get over it fuckin loser. Some stupid bitch is getting paid to write your cartoons for you while you make think pieces on Sup Forums

looks like the election really fucked these people up. that explains the long ass delays and the quality drop

Wow nice bait, I still refuse to believe that you unironically refrence some reddit thing,

>the gang
The problem is early R&M set up the rest of the family to specifically not be part of the gang and Rick would have to figure out a way to separate Morty from the mundane family to go have comedic adventures, but now they are trying to make the characters established as boring with ordinary traits into the main focus of the show, it would be like it Always Sunny suddenly started making the lawyer and his mannerisms the focus of the show.

a better example would be if they made always sunny into a serious show about how the awful actions of the gang negatively effect everyone else, instead of just showing the gang doing it and it being hilarious

You mean like focusing on the lawyer that is always holding them accountable for that kind of stuff instead of the gang?

You know how we all know that the first two seasons were solid 10/10, and this season is bad?

Because Sup Forums didn't discuss rick and morty one little bit until now. That's how you know something is beyond critique, when Sup Forums won't touch it.

yep. or if they showed the waitress being negatively effected by Charlie stalking her or showing how everyone they fuck over is negatively effected by it and depressed over it. basically if the entire show was the gang squashes their beef and it wasn't funny

always sunny was able to hit on that stuff without losing any laughs, rick and morty has sacrificed what made it funny

So, your "better example" was the same as mine except more vague and wordy.

Also, they have shown the waitress being negatively affected by Charlie and being depressed, they just make it funny.

I was just looking for something they haven't actually done since they actually have shown the lawyers downspiral. I guess the difference is Sunny plays it for laughs and Rick and Morty is pretending its a deep drama

Its not just about presentation, but mostly focus, sure sunny still likes to present all the negative things that result, but they still manage to focus on the carefree mannerisms and numerous overlapping schemes of the gang where R&M tends to dwell on the negative and focus on the consequences of Rick's actions.

This is a result of the character set up though because R&M is essentially a comedy duo with Rick as the only real comedian in the show where Sunny has an entire troupe of comedians to derive comedic value and play off of each other and when you change focus it is onto another comedic avenue where every time R&M changes plot and character focus it either has to go from funny to foil/serious or foil/serious to funny.

Bingo. I think most R&M fans would welcome an approach like Sunny. I just want to laugh at Rick fucking shit up

At least when they would do that in the first couple seasons they would have Jerry doing some funny shit. Now when they go to the b-plot its just depressing bullshit

I wonder if the network pressured them into this

They did. They made them have a 50/50 diversity split or some shit

It should also be noted that all of these tweets were made in the window where the episodes were being written. So Im guessing a big part of that delay was the writers being too busy bitching about Trump to do their jobs.