How come Mike Myers makes a single flop move (The Love Guru) and his career is over but Adam sandler has only made...

How come Mike Myers makes a single flop move (The Love Guru) and his career is over but Adam sandler has only made awful movies that were flops for the last 10 years, yet still gets multi-million dollar movie deals?

The only answer I can think of is that Adam Sandler is a jew

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NMzi7tfXvSM
youtube.com/watch?v=0kwq1KN7UIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mike Myers actually wanted to spend some time with his money and family. I'm pretty sure he could have kept getting work in crappy comedies if he wanted

Mike Myers could make more movies if he wanted to. He's been turning down roles.

Apparently he's really pretentious and kind of full of himself (despite the characters he plays...) and took the critical failure of the Love Guru personally. Basically, he doesn't act much anymore because he feels ashamed of how horrible the movie is, because he considers himself an artist.

Sandler? He doesn't care about the critics. He's just doing it for a paycheque.

Meyers is sticking his feet back in the water apperently. He is the host of the new gong show that premiered a month or two back on network tv. He has alot of make up on and they make no mention of it being him but once you see him in action, there is no mistaking it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NMzi7tfXvSM

Cat in the Hat as well

This.

Sandler's movies make money. Myers movies don't. Also Sandler owns his own production company.

I liked the love guru ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought it was the best thing he did since waynes world 2. I didnt see it til it was on tv tho

The love guru was hilarious, but what people think is funny has changed. The movie was pretty typical for his style of comedy

>adam sandler sucks dude xD

Take your Reddit sensibilities elsewhere

All his bombs made money.

None of Sander's movies were flops

>He's just doing it for a paycheque.
I don't think it's just the paycheque, probably thinks making a movie is just a fun way to hang out with friends as well.

>Adam sandler has only made awful movies that were flops for the last 10 years
They make tons of money and fill up theaters faster than almost any other movie save for Hangover and Avengers.

Mike (((Myers))) isn't also a jew?

Mike Myers is kind of an unlikable asshole. Sandler is very likable and very few of his movies actually flop.

>Sandler is very likable
Behold the ultimate state of /redditv/

His movies may be crap but he has a great reputation as a very nice guy.

myers is a likeable asshole, sanders is an insufferable nice guy that pumps out 2bit shit

at least mike can be himself while the other is just holding up a facade, if he was genuinely a nice guy he would stop making his shitty fucking movies

he's a Canadian which is far worse

>flop
Name one Adam Sandler movie that made less money than it cost. There's your answer. Flop =/= bad

I thought it was hilarious too. But I'm realizing that what is considered humorous changed in the 2000s, comedies start churning out more vulgar and explicit humor. There was a shift that hurt many careers. Innuendo was overwhelmed by R rated humor being the norm, disaster that brought in all these hangover/party x concepts, it was for the worse

The Cobbler

"since its release, it has been reported to be the biggest box-office flop of Adam Sandler's career – earning only $24,000 at the U.S. box office in its opening weekend"

>sandler shill detected

>There are moments in Grown Ups 2 that are so kindly (graceful scenes of embarrassment and forgiveness among fallible but loving folk) it reveals Sandler's basic, misunderstood Utopianism. In Pawn Shop Chronicles, three interlocking tales find characters who are gripped in the desperation that guns, meth, sex, fame and money cannot assuage, the spiritual terror that distinguished Kramer’s terrific Running Scared. Each film demonstrates progress: Grown Ups 2 is surprising lovely; Pawn Shop Chronicles is unforgettably wounding.

These visions complement each other testifying to millennial America’s complexity. The satirical shift in this observation was noted by critic John Demetry as common to Neveldine-Taylor and Michael Bay’s Pain & Gain is also apparent in Kramers razors-edge satire that humanizes the nihilistic Tarantino depiction of America. If either Sandler or Kramer film becomes a hit, it will say something about the capacity of intelligent moviegoers to understand the national dream/nightmare paradox and the ability of underdog filmmakers to entertain our spiritual disparity. The multiplicity of types in Grown Ups 2 makes it surprisingly delightful: extemporizing parents, troubled kids, sexual diversity, even townies vs. frat boy antagonism. Pawn Shop Chronicles hashes out our fractious social history then ruminates on its current and future potential.

>Sandler’s stand-up comic crew represent an ideal communal bond of pranksters including Shaquille O’Neal, Ellen Cleghorne, Tim Meadows and Stone Cold Steve Austin, Cheri Oteri, Alexander Ludwig, Taylor Lautner and many others, all in hilarious, beatific bits. Kramer confirms his ability for focusing actors in emotional extremes. The terrific Paul Walker (who also co-produced) dares go there, plus Dillon, Fraser and a running duet between Vincent D’Onofrio and Chi McBride as pawn shop proprietors, give iimaginatively detailed characterization that illuminate the troubled yearning inside American hopelessness.

>Grown Ups 2 risks resentment by smart-alecks who abhor Sandler’s geniality and Pawn Shop Chronicles seriously missteps into cynicism when it turns mystical (as if combining David Lynch with Southland Tales). Yet the emotional heft of Kramers vision–especially Dillon’s heartbreaking middle tale–is the tragic counterpoint to Sandlers comic vision. Both films are amazing to the degree that they are authentic and perceptive.

Long story short, myers backed out of a film he had full control over after the studios paid. This is a no no in hollywood because they have to pay all these other fees and shit, including lost 'estimated' profits. Since the character was myers, the script was myers and the full control when to myers, studios didnt expect him to back out, calling the script (that he wrote) complete shit and refused to work on this mess of a film (that hadnt started shooting in any way).

After tons of lawsuits, he was given an out. Work for sag minumum on a replacement movie (cat in the hat). And while on set, he was a fucking little shit. went out of his way to break set pieces, pissed off everyone he worked with and was just a complete douche.

The fucking with the hollywood jews money, being a diva AND constant bombs (the last one being LG), he fucked himself out of a job. Only power he had left was shrek and austin powers, and shrek is pretty much a washed out franchise.

Adam sandler movies constantly make money, even if its not gangbusters, he isnt a fuckhead on set and never really fucks with hollywood.

>nice pasta

git gud faggot

It's from Armond White, dum-dum.

>myers is a likeable asshole,

Bullshit, hes just a shitty hostile asshole to fans and his costars.
Hes a total douche

Overall though, OP is incorrect in saying that he's been making flops for the past 10 years. Bad movies maybe, but not flops.

>10 mil wasted!

jesus you'd think a jew movie made by a jew for the jews would have succeeded better, why didn't they push it harder?

the only thing i can remember about that movie is the constant yiddish music and the pickles

> fun way to hang out with friends as well.

i read that sandler basically goes "i want a holiday for me and all my friends in.... madagascar .. this year.. somebody write me a movie set there."

and then basically he brings his whole group of friends and party hard for a few months. he ducks out for a few hours a day to read some lines in front of a camera and then heads back to his buds and joins the party.

i used to think he was a bit of a dumbass but now i realise he's awesome and i wish i could do that for my friends.

That was a netflix exclusive that they released at a limited number of theaters.

You cant really look at sandlers $ since he signed the netflix deal

Pretty much. It really, really ended up paying off for the guys that befriended him when he was on SNL.

Mike Myers fully has the option to keep doing that but he actually has self-respect. He seems to be having a lot of fun doing the gong show. It's not the greatest but I think that's the point for him.

was gonna post the exact same thing more or less

>rich as fuck
>gets to make movies with his friends and act with zero effort and still get a $15m pay day
>despite all the shitty movies, he still has multiple gems that will never age

>but Adam sandler has only made awful movies that were flops for the last 10 years, yet still gets multi-million dollar movie deals?

because he is a jew

Whoa, this adds whole new level to Cat in the Hat

>google "mike myers asshole"
>sources are:

therichest
meanstars
idly
rantnow
celebitchy
hypertomg
and REDDIT
all with the title "top ten"
unarguably click bait trash propagated by pissed off hollywood jews

>google "Adamn Sandler likable"

it's actually all the same shit bashing on sandler, what did he do to piss of the overlords?

Sandler maeks his own movies. Using friends that will make stupid movies for little pay because its fun.

Plus he fucking loves Norm. Sandler is /ourguy/.

youtube.com/watch?v=0kwq1KN7UIM

Everything this guy posted is true. Myers is a weird control freak who backed out of a movie that he himself wrote the script for. Btw, that movie was going to be 'Dieter', based on those stupid SNL sketches.

Little Nicky

>They make tons of money and fill up theaters faster than almost any other movie save for Hangover and Avengers.

I had to take my little shit cousin to see Jack and Jill. There were 3 other people in the theater other than us.

>tfw every Adam Sandler movie gives me genuine belly laughs
am i retarded

All of this is dumb fucking gossip mill shit that you weren't there for, while Sandler very clearly and obviously makes intellectually bankrupt shitty non-film cash grabs right in front of everyone's eyes.

I genuinely enjoy the Grown Ups movies but mainly because they make me wish I was buddies with Adam Sandler and company.

>gossip mill shit

Myers was very publicly sued over that stuff.

I didnt know mike myers was a Sup Forums browser.
Kinda explains a lot. Fuck mike you asshole piece of shit

I don't think any of the snl guys actually like norm. They're always making fun of him in underhand ways like this (making him play this character that doesn't even make the final cut except for the most embarrassing scene of them all).

Mike Myers is often compared to Peter Sellers and with good reason. He obsessively creates these beloved comedic characters but in his private life, he's just kind of a mean person. It's telling that no one from his era of SNL seems to have remained close friends with him with the possible exception of Dana Carvey.

Sandler makes cash-grab films that are successful at grabbing cash. There's your answer. Hollywood is a business and Sandler pays off.

>The only answer I can think of is that Adam Sandler is a jew
That, and Sony are fucking idiots. When Sandler still had a deal with them, he managed to convince them to give him and his friends advance pay on whatever projects he presented to the studio, regardless of how bad the projects might turn out. Sony's top brass complained about this in some of the leaked emails.

Really, it isn't so much the fact that Sandler was being smart & crafty as it was that Sony was just being Sony.

Adam Sandlers movies make money.

For some reason I thought he was the alien from People of Earth. Well mostly the voice anyway since it sorta sounds like him.

The longest yard was a great movie

>tfw you realize Mike Myers was the guy in Inglorious Basterds talking about Operation Kino

Who else didn't see it?

Thank God I wasn't the only one who thought htat

>¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:^\

That's not a new thing either. David Lean did that with every film he made after Bridge on the River Kwai. All of his late films were epics set in a vacation spot he liked

When were the happy Maddison Golden Years?

Cite some evidence for our deliberation by all means dear user.

It was obvious. Apparently he does a great Britfag accent.

>he fears the eternal leaf
You should

I honestly thought it was pretty common knowledge that Mike Myers is a great comedic performer but kind of a dickhead. I'd definitely put him in the 'comedians I admire but wouldn't want to meet' category.

Myers is Canadian, Sandler is Jewish.

'95-02

Shit started going downhill after 50 first dates

>Gossip
>publicly known facts including lawsuit over his movie, his involvement in said movie, his settlement over said lawsuit, his behavior on cat in the hat, and his general profit margins of movies
>all of these HARD FACTS are gossip

Poor Mike. Maybe we should start a GoFundMe campaign for him.

I also liked it. But I also don't mind Sandler's stuff, even the new stuff. I agree with that there was a definite move to a different type of comedy around that time

adam sandler does suck.

i was a teenager. unironically loved happy gilmore.

I think you guys forgot Shrek. This fucking guy is going to be eating off that for the rest of his life.

Still thought So I Married an Axe Murderer was great.

Norm doesn't actually like acting, which is probably why. He always preferred writing to actually being on screen, and even now only want to be on TV if he's doing a talk show or something

>for the jews

I do not know a single Jew (also one myself) that watches Adam Sandler's movies, especially from the last decade.

Believe it or not, he isn't a Jewish Tyler Perry.

who ironically likes that movie?

His movies are objectively shit but that doesn't mean he isn't a likable person. Everyone in the business likes Adam Sandler as a guy. Comedians love him, actors love him, actresses love him, producers love him.

Mike Myers, on the other hand, has a reputation for being a bit of a prick and is difficult to work with. Either way, his exile is entirely self-imposed and this thread is weak shit-tier Sup Forums bait about muh jews.

This. Toly shit.

One of them is jewish.

I didnt forget shrek.
But as I said in , shrek is a dying franchise. Its only on ok footing now because we havnt seen it in over 6 years, but they are planning another trilogy. By the time thats over, thats 7 full feature films, 9 spin off dvd films and countless other things.

By the time its done, yes, he will have money, but thats going to be out of gas by its end. Honestly murphys in the same exact fucking spot myers is in.

fun fact. Shrek the videogame was the first published videogame to use Deferred shading, a now standard shading technique, and the game was made by DICE of Battlefield fame.
fucking weird right?

The fact that he's chosen to resurface on the new Gong Show is pretty bizarre but maybe it's entertaining.

people who use the word unironic

Literally every comedian's act get old and losses its effect after a while unless they change it up. No exceptions.

Except Steven Wright

hes very nice on set, he isnt to harsh on anyone and even helped a ton of people with their lines, delivery and even stage frieght. He constantly is cool with the lowest of people on the set (food people, 7th tier assistants, etc) and has even been known to spend his off time while shooting to talk to the family members of the crew because, as hes said, "without the fans, im just a jackass with a funny laugh and bad jokes"

Myers on the other hand demands upwards of 3 assistants, refuses to talk to anyone he see's lower than him, INCLUDING fucking cast members and almost went full blade on cat in the hat. His shitty attitude is well documented and even the most basic of google searches show that cast members hate him, crews hate working with him, his agent barely tolerates him, and most of hollywood would rather he go away.

Dieter was ok. Should have went with the limey kid in the bathtub calling people 'cheeky monkeys' and showing his drawrings

1) Myers is known to be personally a bit of a fucking weirdo, and was personally upset by failure of Love Guru; 2) Adam Sandler has a wide circle of friends and he uses movie making as an excuse to get his friends together, make a bit of money and have a laugh. He doesn't really care about what critics say and he owns his own production company to help finance development with netflix or whoever.

Fair enough, seen him on tv at the Liverpool games sometimes, thought he maybe up for a bit of footy talk.

>not Mike said fuck it and went home to Canada to raise his kids

sure thing nazikuk. kys. do eeet.

weve invaded all of your media.

SOON.

I agree, it sounds a bit too neat and tidy cherry on top. Bet he pissed off the jew and they do what they do best - slander the guy and say you won't work round here.
I think you're right and of sound mind to be sceptical.

i watched Axe Murderer years and years ago thinking "haha wow its one of those movies thats supposed to be terrible"

and then found out that no, theres nothing meta about it, its just trying to be funny and its utter shit.

also, myers stole dr evil character from dana carvey (garth) and broke their friendship because of it. jerk.

Just for clarification, that lawsuit against him was way back in 2000 when he was at the peak of popularity from Austin Powers. That is how he ended up in Cat in the Hat though.

I'll never understand why Bucky Larson didn't get big one of the funniest movies of the decade

Dana Carvey seems like a weird guy too. Overly obsessive about his silly impersonations.

>Never ever new Austin Powers making fun of new Bond films

:(

Austin Powers mostly makes fun of old Bond films, user.

Mike myers tried to fucking get dana carvey fired from wayne's world because he wanted it to be a single movie about him...

Are u fucking kidding me..... he literally wanted to get rid of one of the main characters..

Thats like wanting a beavis and butthead movie where u get rid of beavis.

What a fucking lunatic

Mike Myers probably suffers from perfectionism and doesn't like a take if it wasn't exactly how he planned it in his head.

Adam Sandler doesn't give a fuck, and half the time he looks tired while delivering lines.

I think we're past due for another paradigm shift in comedy. I was always coldly receptive of Apatow's style and was never a fan of the likes of Hangover or Paul Feig's brand of comedy. I would even go so far as to suggest that the quipfests that come out of Marvel Studios dilute the comedy pool.

Sandlers only good movie is Little Nicky