You rather get 20 million at 20 years old or be on the poverty line until your 50 but get 1 billion

you rather get 20 million at 20 years old or be on the poverty line until your 50 but get 1 billion

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_value_of_money
inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation/DecadeInflation.asp
investopedia.com/terms/r/ruleof72.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The first option, time is more precious than money, and with 20 million I could potentially start a business and make more, even a billion, before 50.

tough one, 20 at 20 I'd guess (I think my 20 year old self would be responsible with the money)

Take the 20 Million and invest it.

/thread

This.
I fell for the "go to uni, your earning potential is way higher" meme. Deadshits that barely passed their apprenticeships made way more than me and cleaned up during the mining boom.

Take 20 million and invest it well, high interest savings and watch it grow into 1 billion when I make 50

This is not hard at all, 20 mil at 20.

What am I going to do with 1 billion when I'm fucking 50?

Neither can I enjoy it or spend on anything that I can use.

if the question had been 20 at 20 or 1 billion at 30; it would have made sense.. or 1 million at 20 or 1 billion at 50.

50 is not that old

I'd put 19 million into index funds and then live off the interest for the rest of my life while pursuing my actual goals. I'd probably spend the last million building a fucking castle in Alaska or something.

1 billion.

Id have kid after kid after kid with my gf while getting by on welfare. Then when i get my payday id be the redpill Soros while also making sure my kids will be taken care of.

>small loan of a million dollars

It'd be pretty easy to turn that $20 mil into much more while living a comfortable, hunger-free life.

ITT: people think 50x profits are guaranteed from investments

you could put 15 million in savings that'd generate you about 150k+ a year in interest, that leaves 150k per year + the 5 million to play with without touching the bulk of it. im struggling to see how you'd benefit more from a billion when ur at the shitty end of life

Wipe out the jews of course.

no point in 1 billion

i can invest 20 mil right now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_value_of_money

who would that semen demon be?

Kylie Page.

>Putting 15 million dollars in the bank
Are you crazy?

20 million?

Pff I couldn't even buy a football team for that pleb amount

>20 million at 20 years
your mind and senses start to go dull after 40, so who gives a shit about pile of cash if you can't physically feel the enjoyment ?

Only a leaf could ask such a retarded uneven question.

Who cares. You're rich enough to live lavish for the rest of your life.
Assuming you're not a stupid spender.

>in 30 years be 50
>in 30 years be 80

my old man has a substantial amount stored almost tax free off shore, i'd do the same with 20 million

Easily the twenty million, Jesus, how much money do you need for nothing?

I'd like to stick my tip in that cutie! And the hag on the right can watch, I guess.

>get 1 billion
>buy most of the housing in detroit
>lower rent prices for poverty stricken whites
>hire korean private security to kick niggers out
>move whites in
>a golden age dawns
>end up redpilling the planet on blacks
>make bank on rent

You'll get taxed to death by the city. There's a reason no one buys property for $5 just for lulz even.

The first one, definitely. Literally no point in waiting until you're 50, your whole life has passed by by that point.

Fuck, I'd pick the 20 year old option for $1,000,000 I could buy myself a comfortable place to live and do a lot of stuff with what was leftover. I've barely got $50,000 in my bank account already and I'm in no position to complain about my current situation.

If you inherit it user, can you buy me a pizza?

>I've barely got $50,000 in my bank

dude, thats lit af, how old are u? how did you managed that

This niggas got the right idea, I got $25k in the bank and I'm just about to leave uni so if I had 20 mil I could easily set myself up so that work is an optional extra

He's norwegian, they're all dumb and rich with oil money. They're the sandniggers of the nords. Oh and they aren't in the EU/Schengen Zone so a bunch of niggers and rapefugees aren't taking their jobs.

Would you rather fuck the broad on the right or suck Tom Hanks dick?

I'd take the 20 million. Even without investing or doing anything to make it grow, 20 million is more than enough to live comfortably for the rest of your life.

1 billion at 50.

Fuck 20 millions, fuck investing that shit. I'm not risking 20 mil for a guaranteed 1 billion.

1 Billion. Time is valuable, but not that valuable. You can still have an amazing life after 50.

these two here know what's up

20 million at 20.

I'd give myself a salary of $100,000 a year.

That would last me 200 years.

FPBF

I was surprised to find out that you only need about a 14% rate to get 1 billion from 20 million over thirty years. My head was telling me something unattainable like 30%, but the math doesn't lie.

inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation/DecadeInflation.asp

investopedia.com/terms/r/ruleof72.asp

Once you have that much money it makes more sense to go to an investment bank and have your money managed, if only to avoid market downturns more (first money out).

I wouldn't even know what to do with 15 million.

There is a reason why all the white people moved out, and it wasn't the niggers. Detroit politicians protected white working class back then, niggers had their own hood and they stayed there. The city was more civilized when there was jobs and cops with night sticks.

20 million at 20 years old sounds much better.
>Go to school for electrical engineering or something debt/loan-free
>Hire the best tutors so you actually understand what you're doing
>Buy a badass car so you can get bitches while you get good grades
>Buy a house
>Buy everything you need
>You'll probably still have at least $19 million left
>Put most of it in the bank/Roth IRA/stocks/whatever
>Graduate with an extremely marketable degree
You'd have it made

20 million. I don't plan on growing old anyways.

This easily. 5 million at that age is enough.

Obviously take 20mil and invest it. Anyone who isn't retarded with money would come out way ahead.

Take 20 million,

Hire shitload of African mercs

Conquer Somalia

Profit?

20 at 20, you'd have the rest of your life to do whatever the fuck you want and if you're not retarded you can live off it forever

20 million, then wait for the London housing bubble to burst and buy up everything on the cheap

Take the 20 million, invest it in myself to build a great career then live comfortably.

That feel when one of my friends left school at 16 to drive trucks in WA. I am 25 now and almost through med school but he already has well over a million in net worth. Kek, you can literally jack it while driving the trucks.

>all these retards investing

what the fuck are you investing for? you already have the fucking money. I'm investing now to one day have a fraction of that amount. If I had 20 mill it would be an insta and easy retirement

First one, because I will have more resources by the time I'm 50 that way, possibly even generating 1 billion anyway.

$20 million at 20

This invest or start businesses and make more than a billion.

>what the fuck are you investing for?
spoken like a true povertyfag

pfff i take a single million at 28 just give it already

user, fuck Somalia go for North Sentinel Island and tame all the negress pussy and kill all the men thus BLEACHED an entire population.

2/3rds of your life is over by age 50. And it's the best 2/3rds, too. 20 at 20 is the way to go. Enjoy life while you can. You could die from ass cancer at age 45. You never know.

30 years compound interest is a fuckload of money. Investing the 20 million, should net you 200-300 million at age 50.

From a monetary perspective, 1 billion at age 50 still makes more sense but 30 years in poverty is a heavy price to pay. I'd prefer the 20 million at age 20.

my dad says the same thing and i think he is actually retarded for even thinking it

good luck trying to enjoy that cool billion when your arthritis keeps flaring up

holy fuck are you retarded? 50 is not as old as you think. You are probably 15 though so you'll see that when you grow up

20 mil at 20, I guarantee I could make a mil out of it.

If I had 20 mil right now, I would get right to work. This is what the "lmao small loan of a million dollar xDDD" fags don't get - You have to spend money to make money. That's the position I'm in right now.

>somewhat oldfag here - age 58
>Size 34 waist
>Still have my hair - granted a few grey specs in it now
>no arthritis or diabetes
>Works out every day except Sunday

You get the body you deserve by age 40. I have always been in good shape so this idea that once you turn 50 you are in an old folks home is insane.

Then again I see the millennial generation growing up and so many fatties. How are you obese at 15?

Oh to answer the question I would take the billion at 50. You can handle suffering better as a kid and in your youth.

20MM at 20 lets you have a really great life for you and your family, no question really

how does someone average $110k per year starting at 16?

>oh NZD

how does someone average that much profit though?

half a million i'd believe, if they owned their own truck somehow

getting 1 bln at 50 is a slap in the face.

Your best years are gone and you needed much less to be happy.

it takes 10 years to double investments on average

First. Once you're past a certain point, as far as quality of life is concerned, and actual happiness, what's the fucking difference. Slap 20 mill in an index fund, and you can live off the interest confortably for the rest of your life never having to work again. The second option requires you to work 'till 50, at which point, what's the point of the money infusion.

>doesn't know about time-value of money

$1Bil in 50 years at even .1% for inflation (which isn't realistic) is only worth $9.5 million in today's dollar
plus all the other issues of long-term single sum payments

$20m in 20 years is worth about $19.5m in today's dollars at the same unrealistic rate

For the record, if you invest 20 million in an index fund for 30 years with 7% yield, you get 152 million at age 50.

Anyone not taking the 20 mill is dumb.

>check em'
>it takes 10 years to double investments on average
Depends how you invest.

what are you on about? you get 1 billion at 50 or 20 million at 20. that was the hypothetical

The OP isn't saying the money is sitting in a bank until your 50 he's saying you get 1 billion. You read this wrong retard

Basic math. 50y.o in 50 years. GTFO embryo.

Is this even a question? A is the correct answer.

Easy. I'd take the 20 million. If diversify it in some ETFs with an average 3% dividend yield a year, that's $600k a year income in dividends alone.

And while you're getting over half a million a year in income with no work, that $20 million in ETFs is left untouched and grows over time.

I'm 25 now, and if I did this plan and cashed out at 50, based on past returns of the S&P 500 my investment would grow about 300% adjusted to inflation.

Basically, choosing the 20 million now would equal out to $600k a year in income until I'm 50, which at that time I'd be able to cash out around 60 million (that's adjusted to 2016 dollars, the actual number would be something like 100 million in 2031 dollars.) Seems like a better deal to me. 60 million is enough for anybody at that age.

I'd rather take the 20 mil, no guarantee you'll live to be 50 at the poverty line considering living at poverty line means living with niggers.

Sperg alert (how did you get past the CAPTCHA?)

Wtf are you going to actually be able to do with $1b at 50 when you've got 15 years tops left to spend it. Poverty will greatly reduce your lifespan and give you little more than memories of being impoverished.

Cool life, bro.

>tfw not being 20 anymore
>tfw famous people you grew up with just die

Sorry, that was meant for OP, not you.

Sunce ti jebem ja nemam ni 50 KM poslije 25og u mjesecu.

I will take the small loan.

I can't believe no one has thought of this yet....

With an iron clad guarantee of $1 billion on your 50th Birthday, surely banks or private investors would stump up 'a few mil' on your 20th Birthday for you to live on :) ?

Offer potential investors the following deal:

Give me $1 million now, and I'll give you $1 million in interest on every year that debt remains outstanding. 30 years = $30mil.

You'd have them lining up for a deal like that.

1 BILLION dollars is a lot money. 20mil is pocket change in comparison.

I take option B, and get the best of both worlds :)

Option A.

It's not really that difficult to amass 1 billion before you hit 50, if you have 20M worth of seed money. You can game the market and get 1 billion in about a decade or so. You can invest in money-making ideas/innovations that will enable you to double your investment, then rinse and repeat.

There's no guarantee you'd hit 50 to collect that 1B if you're in the poverty line.

If you're poor, you'd have to live in areas that dangerous; because it's cheap. It's likely that's you'd be killed by blacks and Hispanics to rob you of what little money and property you have, because that's their nature.

The quality of food you have access to is going to be nutritionally-deficient and perhaps harmful for you in the long term.

You would also have to forego treatment and/or medication if you're poor because it's a choice between medicine/treatment or other basic necessities like food and shelter.

And for some people, getting 1B isn't really a necessity. It's more important for most to live comfortably (or humanely), after being in the poverty line for so long. They'd be happy to just deposit their money on banks that would give them good interest rates and they'd just live off the interest rates. Say you were lucky to be able to find a banking account that would give you 1% APY of your $20M, which is very generous. Whatever's left after taxes and whatever fees/penalties is still pretty good to live on, if you don't live like a Caligula hipster millennialshit child of some wealthy industry mogul.

What a stupid ass question OP
Pretty much asking if you want to live a luxurious life at 20 or a shit life until 50 and then live a luxurious life.

Kill yourself.

20 million isn't luxurious you have a cap. 1 billion you have no cap. Now get ready for school or you'll miss the bus

Take the 20 million, invest some, make money while living comfortably the entire time.

It's a cap if you're a fuckwad.
With 20 million and the right knowledge (which if you are fucking idiotic you can buy with the money) you can make fucking even more than that.

Oh and with 1 billion there is a cap, it's just that it's at 1 billion and the same rule still applies as what I mentioned above.

Literally kill yourself, ask better questions next time.