I am le smart woman and I have to insert myself as a character smarter than the smartest character in the show

I am le smart woman and I have to insert myself as a character smarter than the smartest character in the show.

Gosh darn I am a genius.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/223549/our-mission-statement-william-f-buckley-jr
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/08/04/so-long-bioware-montreal-we-hardly-knew-you/
youtube.com/watch?v=ukL12WtJNo8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Redditors will defend the therapist scene

I'd insert myself into her.

Damn, did she hit a nerve or what?

Man up, pussy.

Fucking who?

Yeah, writing jokes about eating feces is hitting a nerve.

Or those about Morty pissing himself.

Or about Summer sniffing glue.

This is what made Rick and Morty popular in the first place, am I right my fellow Redditbro?

I'd show her my pickle rick, if you catch my drift.

Why are people so triggered by this stupid cartoon?

Nice reddit spacing

why? she is ugly. even if you were into asian chicks there are a million asian girls that look better than her in california or some shit

self inserting mary sue, telling the smart chara shit.

Why did they hire a SJW Asian bitch?

because I could.

>I am le smart man who hates it when a woman does a thing

You're unironically on the wrong side of history.

Literally the most bland asian woman Ive seen in my life

The whole show is reddit

I'm a proud mans rights activist YOU PIECE OF SHIT I AM ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HSITORY

>implying this is the first unfunny joke in the show
>get schwifty
>wubba lubba dub dub
>szechuan Mulan sauce
>Mr. meseek

The show has had a ton of shitty gags but this is the one that really got you?

Not smarter. Just an impartial relater of the facts. Rick Sanchez is a cunt & his daughter is mentally scarred. The family is in heavy denial. Even the most naive therapist could see this.

Show don't tell. Bad writing. Gooks should be put back in camps.

Holy fucking shit I've never seen Sup Forums so TRIGGERED. This is great. This shit must have been spot on.

Even Reddit talks a bit about women being hired and R&M being less and less funny.

This is pathetic because it was unnecessary to make it this bad.

Wait, was that character supposed to be smart?

>[In Calm Voice] Blah blah blah you don't like therapy because you're a man of Science and see the universe as a big problem to solve and your family can't be "solved" instead it has to be cared for mended. It's not a grand adventure.

No shit, which is why Beth and Rick blew her off and only retards Summer and Morty actually enjoyed it.

good goyim eat le pickle rick while le drumpf goes to hitler kekistan, cuck

This image is true even without all that Sup Forums shit.

eks dee am i rite

>history has sides

Are extreme rickfags the only ones mad at the episode? did they actually believe that Rick is flawless and not actually a giant prick?

>Season 3 episode 1
>Rick screams at Morty about how he collapsed the government to gain control of the family from Jerry, how he manipulated everyone, how saving Morty and Summer was just a means to an end, how he didn't really care for any of them, how this would be their darkest year yet

>Season 3 episode 3
>Rick sits calmly in therapy while the therapist explains his obvious character flaws to him, and he sits there listening dutifully

The whole writing was shit. The adventure was boring, the jokes were not funny, the therapy was unnecessary and stupid. The whole episode sucked ass as hell and I am genuinely disappointed that this is what we get after that hiatus.

Even the average viewer could see this, I dont know why Rick waifufags got so triggered.

Fucking ugly chink.

>Rick sits calmly in therapy while the therapist explains his obvious character flaws to him, and he sits there listening dutifully

Rick is there but he doesn't give a shit. He easily takes control of his daughter right after so it clearly didnt matter to him.

I prefer stupid but sometimes catchy catchphrases than a joke about eating shit without a punchline.

Its not any worse than a lot of past episodes. I think the novelty has worn off for you.

Was it, dare i say it, kino?

Hello plebittor, you are on Sup Forums now. No need for the reddit spacing

It has nothing to do with people thinking Rick is "flawless" or anything like that.

Firstly on a writing level, Ricks flaws are pretty straightforward. He's an emotional parasite on his family. Any astute viewer can see this. Because of how obvious this is, having a therapist character sit there and laboriously explain this to the viewer is unnecessary, and consequently comes off as preachy instead of funny or insightful. They over explain the obvious but confine it to their own interpretation of the character. The whole scene is telling the viewer what opinion the writer wants them to have of the character. It's shitty.

Secondly Rick's reaction to the therapist feels very out of character. He's meek, passive and defeated by the therapist. There's none of the wit, acid or disregard Rick usually shows in these sort of situations. I think this more than anything is the cause for people's reactions to the scene. It's like the writer didn't ask "how would Rick the character respond" but instead asked "how do I want Rick to respond to my own analysis of him".

Overall it feels like they don't know what direction they want to take Rick in. In some episodes he's this god-like being who can hop universes at will and consequently has zero attachment to anyone and no moral compass guiding him. He's seen horrible things happen to his family so many times he's numb to it. He doesn't care about Morty, Summer, or Beth. If anything happens to them he can just get another one. In other episodes they make him the gruff old grandpa who's bad at expressing emotion but deep down loves his family. They should pick one route and stick to it.

>Hire Susan Sarandon as voice actor
>make her do the boring asian psychotherapist voice
what the fuck where they thinking

That scene she had with Rick was like a 1:! adaptation of a Tumblr comic, complete with Rick playing the speechless strawman.

Does this

bother

you?

Where did you get that from? She know more in one field than he does, but that doesn't mean she's smarter. You just wanted her to get shot in the face or something

The frustrating part is knowing that Rick doesn't care about his family because they aren't his real family, but the writers treating it like that isn't the case. Unless Rick's apparent kowtowing to Beth and the therapist is just set up for some other selfish strategic move like the government overthrow was, it just doesn't make any sense. I'd think the robot Summer and Marty he made last episode aren't any different to him from the "real" ones he was dealing with this episode.

>what were they thinking

how to further collapse western civilization

Oops, except for Marty, of course.

Why is this getting so much fucking attention. Do you people seriously have nothing fucking better to do with your time.

This is literally how Nazis today do their "activism": bitching anonymously about children's games and cartoons to their online hugboxes to save the white race.

>previous episodes were written by white dudes
>1 episode is wrttiten by an Asian female

REEEEEEEEEE

who is she /tb/?

Wrong, 2nd episode was written by another woman and was garbage aswell.

no, it is something for you to stand athwart yelling 'stop'
nationalreview.com/article/223549/our-mission-statement-william-f-buckley-jr

Yeah they're called the winners and the losers and right now, the woman are winning

why do you care?

Because I liked Rick and Morty and I was interested in seeing more fun adventures. We are getting trash content at the moment.

stop it Sup Forums, your subversion attempts are pathetic,

That time the alt right got so assmad about a talking animated pickle that it raged nonstop about it for days.

then stop watching what you don't like, make the free market work. there, problem solved. now bye.

my man

welcome to Sup Forums

WHY DID THAT FEMALE TALK TO RICK LIKE THAT?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2/10

so something that was once cherished by someone is being dismantled into something not at all like the previous season. it destruction of art and you are supporting it

>then stop watching what you don't like, make the free market work. there, problem solved. now bye.

How does accepting yet another piece of popular culture getting ruined for the sake of forced diversity solve any problem?

Please explain.

>Sup Forums is raging at this!
>only threads about it are on Sup Forums and Sup Forums

i dont think you understand what you are saying

nothing is being destroyed/ruined losers. do it yourselves if you think something is missing or something is not to your liking

and why is Sup Forums's concern trolling so basic? it's pathetic desu, you guys should be embarrassed, unironically.

why not»

Sup Forums is just a way to congregate a set of idiotic views, the entire 4chin knows what it means. the discussion doesn't have to take place literally on Sup Forums

>watching cartoon shows in the first place
lmao

>do it yourselves if you think something is missing or something is not to your liking

Fine, I'll just transform into an asian female and get hired as a writer for the sake of diversity.

S N O W F L A K E S

MUH SAFE SPACES

I don't think it would make a difference, they would see right through you

>I don't think it would make a difference, they would see right through you

Hell no I'd be a woke as fuck intersectional strong minority woman!

Racist xenophobes btfo!

Wow ummm racist and sexist much?

>you are a fundamentally broken human being that chooses to revel in your faults instead of doing the hard but necessary work of fixing yourself

i see why so many of you are triggered by the therapist scene

GOOKS SHOULD DIE

I'm saying, it wouldn't make a difference if he was an asian woman. an idiot is an idiot, regardless of the outside.

>13 pickle Rick threads
OBSESSED

>next episode is written by not one, but two women
How bad will it be?

Now that truly is racist, just like hiring people solely based on race/ethnicity to score your much desired diversity points.

Wow ummm racist and sexist much?

>an idiot is an idiot

That is very ableist of you. Apologize bigoted CIS scum!

Mate I'm not even on the right side of today

I see no issue with discriminating people based on their value. you shouldn't either.

Please describe what determines a person's value mr liberal.

what kind of question is that? it's a person's value. if someone is an idiot, then the market won't hire him to write a tv show, that would be bad for business. society can hire said person to clean the streets though, if his autism doesn't get in the way of cleaning the street.

I don't understand what Sup Forums or the alt-right has to do with anything.
It was just a bad episode. Very little comedy, a miserable attempt at copying an action film, and Pickle Rick was over hyped a lot more than it deserved.

>if someone is an idiot, then the market won't hire him to write
>that would be bad for business

Please tell me what happened to BioWare Montreal.

Hint: forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/08/04/so-long-bioware-montreal-we-hardly-knew-you/

you tell me

Well, the thing with therapists is they're not smarter than anyone, they just know the techniques to turn your thinking on itself and narrow down problems.

I haven't seen the episode but I imagine it's all questions directed back at rick and he just realizes his problems etc

but who tf cares it's just absurdist humor for a generation of people so 'independent' in their thought that they decided they'd all watch the same show that validates their own thinking i.e. confirmation bias

The fanbase is cancer.

She wrote this episode of Silicon Valley. I knew once they mentioned David Choe that an asian writer was involved

is there a video?
i don't watch this trash and want to know what the fuss is about

>a full day later
>still have no idea what the fuck the therapist was talking about

I've reread the speech so many times and I still have no fucking idea what any of it means

youtube.com/watch?v=ukL12WtJNo8

Go home pickle bitch!!

You hit the nail on the head. Furthermore, by psycho-analyzing the character in such a matter of fact, on the nose way, the writer is making their subjective opinion of the character canon, forcing a repressive, narrow definition of that character onto the audience. This makes it more difficult for the viewer to empathize with the character, because unless they share his exact, specific psychosis, how can they live through his narrative anymore?

Sup Forums BTFO by strong womyn yet again

Why would you write such an unintelligent comment? Have you nothing better to do? Contribute to the discussion or fuck off plebeian faggot.

twice as bad. Just gonna be 20 minutes of Morty getting diddled by that space guy

Damn. That is the angle they're going with. starlord guy is going to be a jared fogle.