How politically aware will Champions be, in regards to current real world events?

>How politically aware will Champions be, in regards to current real world events?

>Waid says he starts his story not with villains or crime, but with what's going on in the world in terms of racial issues, LGBTQ problems, and other issues.

>"Who does Mark want to yell at on social media?" jokes Brevoort.

comicbook.com/2016/09/06/live-marvels-champions-live-blog-with-mark-waid/
Heh

Other urls found in this thread:

tcj.com/the-tcj-2015-year-in-review-spectacufuck-part-iii/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GOD. FUCKING. DAMMIT.

This is a fucking fantastic roster and you've got the clean slate of using the Champions name, but no, Waid has to fuck it all up.

ROBOT BATHROOM SO THE ROBOTS DONT HAVE TO USE MALE OR FEMALE BATHROOMS.

MUTANTS LIVES MATTER that one is actually important

MILES PROTECTING A BLACKS LIVE MATTER MARCH AGAINTS THE POLICE.

KAMALA REMIND US THAT NOT ALL MUSLIMS.

And I dont know what to say about Cho.

>Any specific threats they can tease?

>Waid says the first mission is about human trafficking, but with a perverse twist, and there's not much more they can say.

Is this going to end up being like Strange Fruit where the intended audience will end up doing nothing but writing snark disguised as criticism?

I'm still going to buy it

Cho complains that Iron Fist is white.

I am not missing her but why isn't Whor part of this?

To be fair the people bitching about Strange Fruit were a vocal minority. Most black folks I know actually liked the comic

Teens only.

>"Who does Mark want to yell at on social media?" jokes Brevoort

So it's a bash DC book?

A lot of Marvel books go the social nagging route, but I bet Waid takes it up a level.

>Supposedly All New All Different
>Really Same Shit Different Day

>I'm still going to buy it
You're why Marvel is the way it is, user.

Really? To hear Abhay talked he claimed that it "did not go 100% well".

tcj.com/the-tcj-2015-year-in-review-spectacufuck-part-iii/

Then again Abhay is sometimes part of the problem.

Cho isn't a teenager, though.

>Asian stereotype complaining about others

>Why is Cyclops on the team?

>Waid says he loves Cyclops and has since he started reading X-Men in the 1960s. He's such an "underdog" and he wants to make people like Cyclops as much as he does.

Kidclops is going to suffer and solve all the problems

kill self

what the FUCK is wrong with huk's face?

Dan that is rude

Ramos

Ramos drew it

>Cyclops was Waid's first pick for the team. Brevoort also loves Cyclops, his favorite X-Men character, but was nervous about the idea at the time. He's glad they went with it now, though, and hopes people come to understand why they find the character so appealing.

Soo how many slaps did Ike give to Breevort for allowing Tyke on the team ?

Shouldn't the first thing they have in mind...

"This has a fantastic mystery hook to it"

"This is a story about how a dude has to live up to the mantle of his much more well-known predecessor and he's inadequate and has to try to make up for it as he grows into the role"

"We'll be exploring her origins a lot more closely. There were some things we didn't cover properly and now we feel this is an opportunity to do so"

Why the Hell would I care about social issues? I read comics to be entertained. If I wanted to enter social commentary on everyday issues I'd pick up a journal in the library and read up on an expert's opinion... not a fucking comic book.

What's my hook? What the actual fuck is this? Why don't we just replace the writers with Ben Garrison and Keith? It seems to be the direction they want to head towards.

Don't care
I'm only getting it cause of Viv

dont care
hate shills

Dont you shill avatar press

None because he's a team with MCU characters, so Fox can't use Champions stories

Which one's the gay one?

Oh but it was okay when Ellis did this?

Or he'll Siegel and Shuster. Did every one forget superheroes basically started out as political wish fulfilment and propaganda?

I like Sam, Kamala, and Cho and want to support books they're in so they'll stick around. How is that shilling? I'm not telling anyone else they should get it.

I think that a comic with commentary on social issues could be good, but I don't think that Waid is the one to deliver it.

Cyclops has 16 or 10 years old?
This marvels champions does not have an editor?

He's 19

Still they are giving overexposure to a character that FOX owns.

Comics have been chock full of social issues since day zero son.

MARVEL! STOP THIS SHIT! PLEASE! I DON'T CARE ABOUT GENDER, RACIAL OR POLITICAL ISSUES. I JUST WANT TO SEE SUPER HEROES SUPER FIGHT!

Dan Dashly is Herbie Popnecker?!

Nova or Cyclops

The sad truth....

Tyke cant be gay, or else Cable wouldnt exist.

Same. I'm interested, and I'm not going to be otherwise just cause others aren't.

gay men have babies

I'm glad they added Hulk to their Social Justice team. He really is the perfect hero to deal with these serious and sensitive subjects.

>He wants hero v hero
I hate you.

>Mutant Lives Matter?
>As long as Fox has the movie rights they don't

Civil fucking War, you dunce.
CIVIL FUCKING WAR II, YOU DUNCE.

>buying a comic without knowing if it is good first

You are retarded, this is one thing that you can do with storytimes.

>MILES PROTECTING A BLACKS LIVE MATTER MARCH AGAINTS FOUR IDIOTS FROM /k/

No really, that happened.

Forget how it's written, it's drawn by ramos so it's trash.

Why do all the kids have coal dust on their noses? Were they just freed from a mine?

CYCLOPS THE MANLET

I've seen the preview, I like the art, the premise sounds invoking (at least to me), and it seems like a book I might want to share with people I know. If I'm confident that I won't regret the purchase, then it isn't a bad purchase, and if it is, that's solely up to me and on me, and I can just not buy the other issues.
In any case, you act as if anybody even remotely interested in this that browses Sup Forums isn't going to read a storytime, which goes without saying, but I digress.

>Its an old man yells at cloud crossover with how do you do fellow kids episode

Oooh baby dis gonna be good

cannot wait

>Out of touch angry old man writes about teenagers and explores subject matters their demographic doesn't care about.
This is going to be great.

But Cyke is older that Kamala, what the hell?

EAT IT GRANDPA

>there was a time when Waid was a good writer

Look at Kamala's feet, she's placed slightly above him on the box.

Marvel is officially WWE tier

No wait I take that back, WWE actually has characters I care about

Rusev and Rollins are literally better than any fucking person in the marvel universe right now

Why not support their individual books instead of this?

Try late WCW

Not sure about Kamala and Chulk, but Sam has no chance to stay on as the focus for Nova.

Reminds me of Young Avengers

Wow a super hero team up that isn't about crime but prejudice

Fucking unprecedented

You can tell which ones are Sup Forums posters.

All of them?

No, but remember that Marvel is mostly shit nowadays. Just because it was done before, or was how things originally were, doesnt suddenly make it good when it's done now

>Waid says he starts his story not with villains or crime, but with what's going on in the world in terms of racial issues, LGBTQ problems, and other issues.

>people were actually hyped for this shit

>It's only OK when I agree with their politics!

k

There are some people who still are.
I can't wait to see how this shit is doing by issue 6

>TNA is currently better than both thanks to a stupidly silly meme storyline
DELIGHTFUL

Oh, so you don't deny it.

One more nail on Sam's cancer ridden coffin.

Shit's so bad they needed to appeal to Dick "Antichrist" Rider to try and salvage him.

Deny what? I thought you were talking about yourself?

>green text
I obviously wasn't, newfag.

Brother Nero I know you'd come to shitpost

are you sure?

This will end up blowing up in Waid's face.

1) He's not a white female tumblrina like Leth, Henderson and Bennett.

2) He is an old white male and will get scrutinized and critiqued even more by them.

3) He'll try to write something controversial and deal with it in what he thinks will be the best way but the SJWs will hate him for it.

It's only a matter of time until he eventually ends up triggering a lot of SJWs, question is how long until that happens?

Yes? I'm not some short-sighted idiot who thinks MUH COMICS SHOULD STAY APOLITICAL just because a bunch of liberals triggered me.

I was talking about the greentexting user

You are beyond help.

I'd be surprised if it hasn't happened already

>someone contact Mary Sue right now!

I can't wait.

Does anyone have that one comic of Joss and the SJW dressed like seals?

This book will only survive because of shipping, screencap this

:^)

>wanting real politics in your comics
Literal retard, end yourself.

why does babyclops' visor look like a kitty sleeping mask?

Waid has dealt with the worst of every comic fanbase, he can take it. you underestimate him

And to the trash it goes.
I really wanted to like this comic with these young characters, but it's like they are trying everything to shit their own book.
It could be a great action packed coming of age story, but it's looking more and more like a old man political rant.
They are killing my hype.

Rich coming back is the final nail.
He'll overshadow Sam just like Marvel was always afraid of until Sam eventually leaves the Nova title
Then Sam's going to bounce between team books that keep getting cancelled by issue 10 until he gets killed in some event.

Which ones?

>calling me a retard
I'm not the simpleton who wants to live in a fantasy world where no one can tell you hurtful words, faggot.

>Cyclops is "the Captain America of the X-Men," says Brevoort.

I thought he was Kid Hitler.

Fuck now I want to request a teen cyclops with cat ears

For one, this isn't the fanbase, this is SJW, who don't read comics
For another, this is the same guy who can't stomach MoS's ending. Not a tough guy in any book

>until he gets killed in some event
Can't wait for it. Same with Gwenpool.

The way he tweets and gets angry amd offended at Twitter he gives the opposite impression.