Hama doing the Deathstoke layouts with Preist

>Hama doing the Deathstoke layouts with Preist

CLAREMONTS GONNA FREAK

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/06/larry-hama-joins-christopher-priest-on-deathstroke-doing-layouts/

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/CpJDviMXgAA9XDL.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CkcClB6UgAEhy7w.jpg
twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/740563502256029696),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deathstroke joins Cobra when?

YESSSSSS!!!!

Rebirth rules!!!!

Well shiiiieeeet

Can this book get any more based? Is this the best big two book now that Vision is ending?

>based Larry Hama

Deathstroke and GA now have the best creative teams at DC. These combos are fucking great

i don't get it, but great combo on the book

>Priest (formerly Owsley)
>Hama
Just like the good old days!

Hama? Holy shit!
Expect the action to turn up several notches.

But Hama will be still writing G.I. Joe, right?

I don't get the fuzz over this comic. I read the two issues that came out and it was a confusing mess. And before saying I have shit taste, I think Vision is pretty fucking great and I don't read many big two comics right now, I'm sticking to indies.

>attacking a DC book and praising a Marvel one
Not suspicious at all, no sir.

Needs a better artist.

Vision isn't very nuanced and is made to appeal to plebs. It's purposefully restrained.

>Before you say I have shit taste, I like a comic that's acclaimed and I like hipster shit too.

This pleases me

I agree

>Confusing mess
That's your problem.

Read the news, anons.

>layouts
>art

c'mon, son

? Hama is only doing layouts.

Why doesn't it count?

Are you retarded?

>it was a confusing mess
Or you have problems with reading comprehension

Answer the question, son. Why making layouts isn't drawing?

Because you're now drawing? you're just braking down the page into panels and telling someone else where to draw.

because it's still just layouts
greg land could draw over them and it wouldn't look good

Storytelling from panel to panel is the single most important aspect of comic book art, I hope this information has helped you.

Layouts are basically the storyboards of art. They set up how the panels should lie on the page and give some basic notions of who appears where.

Example, with All-Star Batman:
JRJR pencils for issue #3: pbs.twimg.com/media/CpJDviMXgAA9XDL.jpg:orig

Declan Shalvey's layouts for issue #1's backup:
pbs.twimg.com/media/CkcClB6UgAEhy7w.jpg

As Snyder himself mentions (twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/740563502256029696), Shalvey's layouts are a lot prettier than layouts usually are, so it's easy to see just how ugly they regularly are. (consider as well: Tom King did the layouts for Omega Men, and if his Twitter and self-deprecating humor is any indication, he's a *terrible* artist)

And yes, I understand that talking about art in the context of comics is extremely broad and goes beyond just "the pencils/inks/coloring look nice." But layouts and paneling generally aren't what's being talked about with "good art" vs "bad art".

I never said layouts aren't important, you imbecile.

neat.jpg

See:
>layouts and paneling generally aren't what's being talked about with "good art" vs "bad art".

Especially in the context of the ORIGINAL FUCKING POST (i.e. ), it's literally just saying, "I dislike the combination of Pagulayan, Paz, and Cox on the art team." Even with better panelling and layouts, the art from their team isn't going to suddenly improve.

And what if Hama's layouts turn out to be as good as the rest of the art?

>CLAREMONTS GONNA FREAK
Why? Did those two pick on him or something?

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the layouts in the first two issues.

Then what's the problem?

I just don't think the art team is good enough for this writing.

That problem is yours, user.

Ok Carl.

>and it was a confusing mess
is it the non linear storytelling that's doing it to you or

I heard from Marvel fans that Christopher Priest is like Uncle Ruckus if he wrote comics. is this true?