>Peafowl named Shen
>Yak named Kai

meanwhile
>Tiger named Tigress
>Viper named Viper
>Monkey named Monkey
>Praying mantis named Mantis
>Crane named Crane

So why do the Furious Five have names of their own species while everyone else gets unique and normal names? I don't know what to make of it.

Honestly in the first movie I always assumed the furious five names were nicknames or aliases. Like how Po is "Dragon Warrior". But over the course of the sequels I realized it's just their names.

Does it matter? They're pretty much the worse, and since Po has more-or-less transcended to godhood, that's unlikely to change.

There really needs to be a Furious Five movie, Comcast willing.

It seems that everyone has a real name.

It's simply not revealed anywhere.

>There really needs to be a Furious Five movie
Secrets of the Furious Five and Secrets of the Scroll are probably as close as we'll ever get to that.

>a shifu named Shifu

>They're pretty much the worse

You just wanted to bump the thread.

I am pretty sure those are their surnames. Many Asian cultures use last names casually. I remember Po being called "Panda" by Shifu a few times.

Po's surname is Ping, though.

Pretty sure the furious five are references, even in name, to the martial arts styles.

They absolutely are

Viper and Tigress are is slightly changed. They should be named Snake and Tiger if it was gonna be a 1:1 match, but Viper and Tigress fit them better.

More important question

How accurate were some of their styles to the style they're named after.

I know. Maybe Shifu doesn't care.

They could also be alias, as others have mentioned. I am surprised I have never read a fanfic where Tigress' name is revealed.

They often call Po "Panda"

I think those aren't they're actual names.

Maybe they dropped their real names when they became the Furious 5?

If you count to TV show as canon I don't, even though I like it then those are their actual names.

I liked it for what it was, but I wish it never got made. You know there would be a Kung Fu Panda cartoon on Netflix, maybe with some actual quality.

could be titles

I think you're up to something...

maybe

>If you count to TV show

Yes yes, I typo'd.

>Viper and Tigress are is

see

He's just bumping the thread.

maybe its a title thing

reminder that tigress supports donald trump and that he will build a wall to protect the valley of peace

he called him "Panda" in a despective form.

In a episode from the tv show they made a joke about that, I think the Furious lose their memory and thoughts that is ridicolus that they their name is their species.

>Po Ping
Well, that's what happens after a lot of E Ting...

I actually don't know if she would or not.

Haha holy shit