shannonsullivan.com/doctorwho/lost/lost8.html
dwexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/The_Doctor_Who_Audio_Dramas
youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1KEriNW7A
youtube.com/watch?v=KO1q5guSdf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for shit promo pics

We /slowwho/ now

we should have let it die

I'm sad they're doing a spinoff instead of another season. Nurse Who is gonna be boring, can't wait for a real Doctor to come back!

Need stories for Tenth Doctor and War Doctor

>Also want one more story for both First Doctor and Third Doctor, as well as Seventh Doctor

>Bill Potts needs more stories

>More Thirteenth Doctor stories are always welcome

Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, K9, and Class stories are welcome, along with any other spinoff stories (Vienna, Graceless, Jago and Litefoot, etc).

Poems, short scenes, and scripts are welcome.

And the deadline is now August 14th!

Post your finished entry here, using a pastebin or Google Docs link (google docs keeps formatting)

I guess /who/ is asleep.

So now that worst who is asleep, can we all agree that for all its faults the TV movie could have gone forward with a better series than what we have in nuwho?

Literally the worst part about it is that the story isn't good. With a full series of great writers, McGann and Ashbrook would have hit it out of the park. The direction on the thing is really good, the pacing is strong, the score is good, the production values are in some ways better than what we have even now, and even though its a mess, its a very workable jumping point compared to an impossible to portray war that people always want more of and is just an excuse to make the doctor brood for 6 minutes an episode.

My man! I love the TV movie and reject the whole "durr it's terrible except for mcgann" cliche, there's plenty to like about it. I wish BF would do a "Lost Stories" thing of the planned series with Ulysses and all that.

I think the TV Movie is much better than it could have been. For one, it got the character of the Doctor absolutely right.

How was it a workable jumping on point? The movie mentions shit like the Eye of Harmony and Skaro and makes both important to the plot, expects first time audiences to understand what regeneration is and why the Master can't regenerate, and why the Master has a weird snake form that can possess people. There's a reason why the movie bombed in America.

Reminder to the like 2 or 3 other people here now that Jodie is on ITV's Lorraine for her first ever post-announcement interview on TV in over 15 minutes.

Jumping point, not jumping on point. It being the background for a series makes decent sense compared to a large offscreen war that ends series 1

post livestream

Yeah, McGann nailed the role but it wasn't just him alone, the script gave him plenty of good lines and a unique personality. He isn't just a redux of an earlier Doctor, 8 is a pretty unique one.

It's fascinating to compare Rose and the TV Movie to see why one succeeded with most audiences and why one didn't. The TV movie starts with an unholy cavalcade of continuity and focuses mostly on the Doctor's perspective, Rose starts lean and bare and from the companion's perspective. Both deploy a lot of shlock, it comes down to taste what works better but I think the TV movie's shlock and camp has aged a lot better than the belching plastic bin and Mickey's antics in Rose.

An Unearthly Child, Spearhead from Space, the TV movie, Rose, The Eleventh Hour, The Pilot, would probably make for a fun marathon to think about what makes a jumping on point work and what doesn't.

itv.com/hub/itv
tvcatchup.com/watch/itv

Dude, not even a lost storirs kind of thing: give the guy who made the tv movie a main range trilogy of stories or a box set like tom baker's phillip hinchcliffe presents box and just see what he does, you know? Even with original scripts, id love to seewhat he would have done if he had been allowed the proper longitude ro coalesce his vision of doctor who and produce it.

post livestream that works for non-brits
guarantee you most people in the thread right now are ausfags like me

Just any way to actually get the stories made would be great. It's such an interesting lost era.

nvm I'm a fag who didn't bother to even try the links first

Well if I had to rank them based off their ability to introduce balanced against quality...

Eleventh Hour(You can show this to anyone and they'll just get it)
Spearhead(because episode 1 someone forgot to wake up Pertwee to start filming)
Unearthly Child(Episode 1 is amazing. 2-4 is not.)
Tv Movie(As you stated, goo snakes are more threatening than walking trash cans
Rose(Which isnt bad though. Its just not good in my book. Watching Eccleston wrestle with a shop dummy hand is kino though.

youtube.com/watch?v=CFr8t7_EycQ
>The Seventh Doctor Meets River Song
>Er... excuse me!
>Oh, terribly sorry, sir.
>The Seventh Doctor Meets River Song With Some Fat Cunt
>That's better.

Has Matthew Jacobs done anything since the movie? I heard he did a little work on Emperor's New Groove.

I'm working my way through all the 8th Doctor stuff and... holy shit, lads. He's now, by FAR, my favourite Doctor. I didn't expect him to be this good but I've been pleasantly surprised.

>Unearthly Child(Episode 1 is amazing. 2-4 is not.)

Exactly. The first episode is actually really good, the rest of it's shit.

He's remarkable isn't he? Best TARDIS too i m o

>It's that big-eared cunt and his homewrecking whore episode

What stuff have you been going through? The books or the audios? Or the comics?

shannonsullivan.com/doctorwho/lost/lost8.html
Besides the Leekley pitches, was there any confirmed idea what Segal and Jacobs wanted to do if the 96 movie became a series?

Yeah, at first I still preferred 12's TARDIS, but from all the descriptions of 8's (and seeing it to some extent in the movie), it really truly is the maximum comfy. I love that the console room is more like a home than any other iteration - it makes sense, seeing as that's where the Doctor spends most of his time. I love it.

what the fuck is this lorraine show? It looks like one of those talk shows for soccer moms
are we going to have to sit through informercials 'cleverly' inserted into the broadcast of the show?
Is there any word on when the jodie segment will be?

I still don't understand the 8 love, to be honest. Mcgann seems like a lovely person and his Doctor isn't bad, but he does seem a bit bland in my opinion. He has a nice voice and he's comfy to listen to.

I don't know how I feel about him, actually.

Young indiana jones i think.

All comes down to taste at the end of the day but I think his performance is amazing, his personality is unique and not overplayed amongst Doctors, and he sells a much longer and more involved character arc than a lot of other Doctors get (on audio I mean).

I'm working through both the books and the audios right now. I've read the first three of his books tonight and he's just so lovely in them - and badass, at points, too. From my combined knowledge of him so far, he seems to embody very much what I feel the Doctor is or should be. It's a damn shame that he isn't more popular than he is. I can imagine he would easily be the majority's favourite if only they knew more about him beyond the tv movie. Some people don't even know him in that...

It's a breakfast talkshow with celeb gossip, lifestyle and all that bollucks. It's usually presented by Lorraine Kelly as per its name but she's fucked off for a break yet again so Christine Bleakley is filling in for her.

Jodie's bit will be at 9:15 just before Jezza.

I think maybe it's just his lack of TV series that distorts my view of him. 5 is my favourite Doctor, and he's often called bland.

If you like reading at all, maybe give his novels a try? Not only do they tidy up a few messy plot points from the tv movie (at least the first two do), they're super enjoyable so far and 8 is wonderful in them. I hear the quality fluctuates but the first few have been great. They really give a good sense of his character in a physical sense, beyond what the audios can provide. Dialogue can only go so far in describing an individual's presence and demeanour - the descriptions in the novel fill that gap and help give a better, more complete picture of 8, imo. And he has some really lovely moments and bits of dialogue. Admittedly I've only read three of the books so far, but I've been captivated by his character throughout.

Fivie is best.

How's your Shit_Trips Trips 2 entry going,

What are your favourite 8 moments /who/?

For me, off the top of my head
>the shoes line from the TV movie
>the monster antics his future self gets up to in Mary's Story
>comfy friendliness with Charley in Chimes of Midnight
>trying to reason with Sebastian Grayle in Seasons of Fear before he realises what exactly is happening
>his surreal conflict with Charley in Scherzo
>comfy world fair exploring in Other Lives
>chasing an ice cream truck in Memory Lane
>Maturing and sensibly dealing with companion death at the end of Dark Eyes 4
>the entirety of Night of the Doctor

>tfw can't really think of any 8 moment from the EDAs I loved

>>tfw can't really think of any 8 moment from the EDAs I loved
Him playing chess with a UNIT guy and then jumping out of a window?

Riding a space shuttle with Miranda? Using his sonic screwdriver to drive the Ice Warriors away from Earth?

I'm reading Vampire Science (one of the EDA novels) right now and one lovely moment amongst many is the night Carolyn fears she's lost her husband - he appears and comforts her, then tucks her into bed and in the morning, he feeds her cat, and then starts cooking her a breakfast of omelettes and pancakes and cinnamon toast whilst singing in Italian... and trying to make all the instrument noises for the song himself. Like, I'm a sucker for cute/domestic moments like these for characters not normally found in those settings. Oh, and when Sam recalls him helping her move furniture into her new bedroom in the TARDIS, and when he got Carolyn to open up about her university work and reignited her passion for her studies. All these moments are better read than clumsily recounted here, but god... I really love 8. He's so sweet.

On a quick aside, does anyone know where I can find Dark Eyes to download? Every link I've found on audiobookbay and stuff doesn't seem to work - no seeders.

ehh it's coming out more serious when i wanted it to be more funny but oh well, will be finished soon, looking forward to reading everyone else's too

It's annoying how EDAs refers to two separate lines of stories for 8. I'll get into his books properly at one point.

Hmm, Dark Eyes download, I had to re download them a few months back because my hard drive with audios fucked itself and I hadn't backed them up, so there's probably still active torrents around, I can't remember what I used though.

Have you left the torrents running overnight in case of any sporadic seeders?

I did read that the novels and audios may have a textbook case of "where the fuck do these fit relative to each other" but I'm just gonna take that in my stride. The show doesn't have any true canon after all, so in my mind, I'm just gonna slot things in wherever fits best! I enjoy both the audios and novels, so they're both canon to me.

As for Dark Eyes, I haven't tried that yet but once I get closer to it in my listen-through (I'm nowhere near yet!), I'll give it a try unless I find an alternate download somewhere.

>yfw the ghost of Sydney Newman comes back and kills the show

Oh I just meant more that dozens of times I've had interactions where someone else, or I, mention "EDAs" and one of us means the books and the other the audios. Would be nice if they had different abbreviations but oh well.

Once you get closer to Dark Eyes and if you still can't find any active things I can just have a whirl uploading it to MEGA or something for you. I love Dark Eyes!

We're of similar minds on 'canon' too. Part of the fun of 8 to me is how kinda absurdly complicated and bizarre his continuity is, peak wilderness era and tonnes of different timelines and all that. Some books and audios actually address that very issue in some fun ways (Zagreus, The Gallifrey Chronicles). 8 has so much timeline fuckery and memory issues that it works well to me that his era is such a fun clusterfuck in that way. His development through the audios alone is pretty damn cohesive I M O.

Neither of you has mentioned that the Eighth Doctor also has a set of wonderful comics. Izzy and Kroton and Destrii all had good adventures with Eight.(He also has a more recent Titan comics run.)

seriously struggling to get through this lorraine shite tbqh
are women really so superficial that they find this dreck entertaining?

I'm still a noob to non-audio 8 but I have heard great things (a lot of them from you probably!) about the comics too. I'll go through all of them eventually. It's nice to still have 8 stuff left to experience!

What's his Titan run like?

How many Ninth Doctors are there?

Eccleston
WarDoc
Shalka
Rowan Atkinson
Briggs

Any I'm missing?

Oh! Yes, of course! My mistake. You're right, it can get confusing with the two different EDAs, so I always make sure to specify if it's the novels or audios!

Thank you for the offer with Dark Eyes as well - I'll do my best to find a working download myself (I don't want to be any bother for you, having to upload it and all!!) but I'm grateful to have an alternative if my search fails!

I also agree completely with you on 8's continuity. I love how much of it there is, and how it may be a bit all over the place at times, but that just makes it fun - and really ties in with the whole concept of time being fluid and ever-changing and existing in so many different forms. It's great, and 8 being such a good Doctor just makes it even better.

Once I've worked through the novels and the audios, I'm definitely going to read the comics too! I've seen some snippets from them and they look like a lot of fun

Not all women enjoy stuff like that!

Some prefer kino like this

>all wearing black
What does it mean?

We agree on everything user (:

The mind races

>jodie whittaker on lorraine
I expected nothing and I was still let down

dwexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/The_Doctor_Who_Audio_Dramas

what the fuck is this

is the interview over? i suspect there was nothing of interest in it then. bit of a shame, but not much can be expected in such early days

That interview just reminds me what a short straw Thirteen got with her announcement.

Seriously, fuck Wimbledon. The Bill trailer in footie was one thing but a new Doctor should never suffer this bullshit again. 2013's Doctor Who Live may have been somewhat dodgy but there was nothing wrong with Matt's reveal.

Sure you can film a grand 4 Gorillion K teaser, hardly if at all actually promoted on TV I might add, but I don't get the message that they give the biggest of shits when they plant the reveal randomly in admittedly a ratings favorite instead of a dedicated timeslot.

Jodie's reveal was far better and smarter than any previous ones.

It was an edgy time.

I'm not. A short scripted teaser positioned during a time where the most people possible will see it is far superior to an hour of fans awkwardly stammering about the show before revealing the actor.

Why do you think otherwise?

Besides Black Mirror and Doctor Who, what other SF shows are airing in the UK now?

Yeah, Doctor Who Live was dodgy, but the Confidential special which introduced Matt was superior. In any case I'd still take the Live mess over this.

Humans

>but the Confidential special which introduced Matt was superior. In any case I'd still take the Live mess over this
Why and why?

Reveals aren't for the fans, they're for marketing. Jodie's was the best piece of advertising for the show compared to the others.

Thunderbirds Are Go is due to start again soon, based on the fact that it's officially on mid-season hiatus yet it's been eight fucking months since the last episode.

a short scripted teaser followed by a live interview plus comments from the showrunner and previous doctor would be best

>Sixie's costume wasn't fun!

>6 had bad fashion sense!

If I was gonna introduce the new Doctor, I would have a scene where a hundred people are in the background, all wearing Doctor-ish outfits. They're all walking around and passing by the camera, but then the last person who walks by stops and looks at the viewer, introducing themselves as the newest Doctor.

Really if they were so desperate to shoehorn it into a sports event they should've just simply put it in the halftime of a footie match instead of randomly inserting into a strawberryfag tennis marathon. I actually missed the reveal because it came two hours earlier than I was led to believe.

Eh, I feel like that would sort of diminish the punch of the reveal. If they'd released something a few days later, I'd like that. But on the other hand, that could also appear like they feel like they need to justify/validate Jodie by having past Doctors sign off on the idea.

2018 is probably when the real marketing will begin.

It doesn't matter that you missed it though. You were always going to watch S11. It wasn't for us, it was to try and trick as many tennis-normies into seeing it as possible.

>Doctor-ish outfits

What the fuck guys, why do you keep letting /who/ die?

Making it jet black looks weird, especially given how brightly colored the rest of the JNT era was back then. Plus, it just makes my eyes focus on Colin's silly perm.

fuck, forgot pic related

>silly

Just anachronistic or eccentric outfits that would make the audience guess which one of the people in the scene was the next Doctor. And maybe as an extra twist, the real Doctor's the one wearing plain, normal clothes.

/who/ was just sleepy

Fuck the normies.

The plain, normal clothes would stand out then.

>tfw never experienced night /who/

Scaroth reporting in.

>tfw it's night /who/ for me right now

Does 5AM count as night /who/? Cause I was up until then and as soon as I went to sleep, the thread stopped being bumped

tfw lym mentions 5am to you

don't die /who/

How did Marc Platt consistently manage to fuck up the spelling of "womb" so much?

>mfw Whittaker's first Who interviews
youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1KEriNW7A
youtube.com/watch?v=KO1q5guSdf4

Fucking QT!

For someone so prolific in the audio scene, why did Platt only ever write 2 Who books and 3 novelizations?

Maybe he feels more comfortable writing scripts?

Just found out there's gonna be a Missy book, called "The Missy Chronicles" Who else is hyped?

>tfw Goss is writing a story for it

>by Cavan Scott, Jacqueline Rayner, Paul Magrs, James Goss, Peter Anghelides, Richard Dinnick
More Magrs and Goss is always appreciated. Rayner's okay, but she hasn't written anything great in ages.

When the fuck is Parkin gonna come back to write some more prose? He'd write a cool Missy novel.

a guy just confessed his love for me but im too socially awkward to know what to do about it so im sitting here anxiously reading doctor who novels instead of responding. end it, /who/, pop right over and snap my fucking neck