Do people actually like the Ultimate universe? I mean, i'm sure it has it's fans but all I've heard are bad things

Do people actually like the Ultimate universe? I mean, i'm sure it has it's fans but all I've heard are bad things.

>i'm sure it has it's fans

The bad things (ex. Miles, Humphries) happened after Marvel let their eye off the ball.

Am I right? Am I wrong? Was it a retarded thing to say either way? Give me something here.

Ultimates by Millar is pretty good, though topical
Peter Spidey by Bendis is one of his honestly great works, I loved it right up until the end
Everything else is average to bad, though there are some pretty interesting character changes

Overall, I'd say it was a pretty successful experiment, though they didn't take enough risks and it went FUBAR in the last few years

It was nothing more than a playground for shitty edge-lords and old men's disgusting fetishes.

Ultimate is like 616 but different.

Some of the stuff they changed, I liked.

Some of the stuff they changed, I didn't like.

I stopped paying attention after Ultimates 2.

Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men got me into comics. Knowing it was a new universe I didn't find it intimidating as a new reader to just jump in knowing I only had a handful of years of storylines to catch up on

Now I don't think any of it is very good

Right now Ultimate Marvel just seems to be fodder for clickbait sites to compile lists of 20 THINGS YOU WON'T BELIEVE HAPPENED IN THE COMICS

It always starts with that image of The Blob eating The Wasp

It was good until they let Loeb anywhere near it. Him and his damn son grieving set the Ultimate Universe on a path of destruction starting with Ultimates 3. He broke everything so badly that by the time Secret Wars happened, it was basically a mercy killing.

I liked Ultimates 1 and 2. I havent read it in years. Ultimate Thor is rad

The Ultimates are better then most Avengers stories i've read. Ultimate Spiderman is better then any Spiderman comic in the past decade.

Ultimate Spider-Man was the best.

There's something that was pure 2000's movie quality about it all. Like, it tried to make everything feel like a blockbuster film.

I liked Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimates v1 and 2, and some character designs.

Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty damn good and Ultimates 1 is alright.

That said, the rest of the Ultimate universe was outright fucking weird, it was like they wanted to do the seriousness of 2000's comics but with the insanely silly events of 50's/60's comics, sprinkle some leftover 90's edge on top.

>friend wanted to get into MARVEL comics
>recommend him the Ultimate books thinking it would be more accessible for him
>he does so
>me being a DC fag I didn't know anything about it
>see the shit that goes on it later
>now my friend loves edgelord comics and Mark Millar

It started out as extremely popular, but it was very much the embodiment of its time, for better or worse. That said, Ultimate Spider-Man is a wonderful little book that manages to legitimately take the old Lee/Ditko style and iron out the clunkiness. The first two Ultimates are flawed, but pretty fun, in a "Michael Bay does Marvel" sort of way. Ultimate X-Men and Fantastic Four are okay, but decline in quality. Most of what happened during and after Ultimates 3 (bar maybe the Maker arc) should be forgotten.

I loved it when I was younger because it was easy to just pick up, read, and get a pretty similar experience to the original comics But Better. Nowadays, I'm not fond of it, because I've read the original comics and I know that Ultimate was less like a streamlining of the originals and often more like a flattening. Hank Pym is a perfect example - instead of slowly going crazy, lashing out at his wife, and eventually rebuilding his relationship with her, Ultimates took that and turned it into "So he's a wife-beater, right? Well, in our version he tries to murder his wife horribly! These ain't your dad's Marvel Comics!"

>CAPTAIN AMERICA IS SUPER PATRIOTIC

>HAWKEYE HAS SUPER AIMING

>SCARLET WITCH AND QUICKSILVER ARE SUPER FUCKING

Only thing good about it is ultimate Hawkeye

Early Ultimate Universe was pretty solid.

Eventually it got REALLY bad and never recovered.

It created Miles and encouraged Bendis's autism so no, I dont like it sir

I didn't like it.
>Ultimates was Tryhard: The Comic
>Ultimate FF was extremely mediocre
>Ultimate Spider-Man is very overrated, and if you take away the Spidey dialogue it's bad dialogue and overly padded story

Hell yea. First every thing before ultimates 3 was amazing. A few decent things after ultimatum

They had a great opprotunity to turn Ultimate Hawkeye into Bullseye after his family was killed. Would of been perfect

MC2>>>Ultimate

Yea he even wore a mask with a bullseye on . They really shit the bed with Deadpool

Well I was a teenager when Ultimate was at its prime, and I thought it was cool back then
When you're younger, you lack a lot of standards and shit

Ultimate Spider-Man is one of my favorite comics.

I didn't care for much else I read from the line.

I just liked Fantastic Four at the beginning because they deserve for Elseworlds origin stories
besides that, Ultimates was pretty good
and Fiffe got a Marvel writing gig, so there's that

duh

Regarding dialog and banter in USM...maybe it's a generational thing and I'm not too fond of Bendis-speak...

But Ultimate Spider-Man, among other things, perfectly captures the excitement and longing of teenage first love.

I liked the Marvel Zombies arc. It was new for its time.