>Out This Week:
Year By Year: A Visual History - Updated & Expanded Edition
Poe Dameron #6

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

starwarspost.com/star-wars-aftermath-life-debt-review/
starwarsunderworld.com/2016/08/interview-with-dark-empire-writer-tom.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first

Reminder that, in the end, the death of the Jedi is all Yoda's fault.

Your's was first so I deleted mine.

thanks, user, I didn't see that there were two.

Wasn't it Mace Windu's for shutting Anakin out?

reminder that george lucas is a pedophile

Does the Empire have theme parks?

Can someone please summarize aftermath life debt for me? It's not on the wook and I can't bring myself to read it after the first one

Why would you not want to read the greatest thing to ever happen to Star Wars?

>Star Wars: Aftermath “Life Debt” is a work that flows and paces like an orchestra being conducted by Led Zeppelin. It draws you in and floats you through subtle moments, abrupt crashes and leaves your brain meat bloody and bruised through action sequences. It’s melodic at times which warms your heart and makes you relate to the chaotic feelings of our characters like that harmonica in Kashmir. Loud, lost, echo-ey and gritty. It’s intrigue will make you raise the book closer to your eyeballs and saturate your mind in a venom of Star Wars bliss. Once again Chuck Wendig brings the fun back into Star Wars.

>Now onto our heroes, who after reading “Life Debt”, are nearer and dearer to my heart an order of magnitude more than they were in Star Wars: Aftermath. Norra, Sinjr, Temmin, Jas, Jom and Mister Bones are like the crew of the Ghost in Star Wars Rebels, only infinitely cooler. This squad and their backgrounds lend to an amazing story telling experience that is downright hilarious, serious and engaging. They are simply great fun

yep, he is

>Star Wars: Aftermath “Life Debt” is a wonderful read that gives us readers what we have been craving for, insight and backstory for the new chapters in our saga. In such a deliberate and confident manner, Chuck Wendig lays it out for us in a way that is just plain fun. serious and thought provoking. At the end of the book when Han says goodbye to Chewie, there is an incredible feeling of boyhood warmth that surrounds you. Maybe it’s was the searing fever and cancerous cold that I was suffering through while reading that emotional moment, but it sure felt like Star Wars on Christmas morning. The investment and concern for our heroes of the Halo are real and long lasting. I laughed out loud with them and I sincerely worried about them. More so than in Aftermath, these characters are very near and dear to my heart. They come alive in “Life Debt” in a surprising way. Maybe it’s because, this is our second round together or just maybe Chuck tweaked and got the right personality with all of them. The intrigue for the relationship between Gallius and Palpatine is addicting and always wanting. Here at long last lies the merge point that this saga is built on. How evil endures and becomes resurgent.

>The intricate web for our new saga has been architected by Chuck Wendig in “Life Debt” to great detailed effect and should be required reading for all Star Wars fans. Where Claudia Gray gave us the gorgeous machinations of politics and the turmoil of Leia, Chuck Wendig gives us the framework and execution of the war plan and it’s master puppeteer. Star Wars: Aftermath “Life Debt” has found it’s place at the top of all the new canon works. Simply, outstandingly great Star Wars.

starwarspost.com/star-wars-aftermath-life-debt-review/

Everyone that was part of Yoda's line of training were either all angry reckless jedi with theree of them leaving the order/going to the darkside/killing all the Jedi.

>John Jackson Miller gets one novel
>James Luceno gets one novel
>Charles Soule has to prove his worth with two awesome mini-series before they finally give him an ongoing
>Chuck Wendig gets a deal right out of the fucking gate for three terrible novels and one garbage comic adaptation of TFA

No good deed unpunished

No sin unrewarded

Can you summarize Aftermath afterwards please?

Are you me, user?
I was literally going to post this in the other thread when it was deleted.

>James Luceno gets one novel
He's writing the Rogue One tie-in novel, too.

I want to share a cup of coffee with Pablo.

I just hope he doesn't bully me.

Has Drew Karpyshyn or Sean Williams written anything new for Star Wars?

That's what happens when you let twitter decide who's writing your fucking books

Probably a shooting gallery with Jedi as targets.

Nobody ever wins the shooting gallery

Disney wants quantity, not quality, and Wendig can churn out mediocre shit in only a few months.

In what way did you think Disney would actually care?

Not to mention that fuckhead got the responsability with one of the most important eras of the new canon.

James Luceno is writing Catalyst, the prequel novel to Rogue One

>Poe Dameron #6

Is this the last one?

I literally don't know who any of those people are, other than Wendig because you all constantly bitch about him.

It's currently ongoing, so we don't know if/when it will end

Poe Dameron is an ongoing.

Miller wrote A New Dawn. In Legends he also wrote the KOTOR comic, Knight Errant (the comic and the novel), Lost Tribe of the Sith (the comic and the ebooks), and Kenobi.

Luceno wrote Tarkin. In Legends he also wrote the Agents of Chaos duology in the New Jedi Order, as well as The Unifying Force, Cloak of Deception, Labyrinth of Evil, and Darth Plagueis.

Charles Soule wrote the Lando mini, the Obi-Wan & Anakin mini, and currently writes the Poe Dameron ongoing.

>Han Solo is missing
>Mom of the year is fucking Wedge on the side
>Leia asks ejector seat to get her group back together and find Solo
>They find Solo, but chewie got kidnapped. Solo is a mess and literally cires in front of ejector seat
>Meanwhile, Sloane has become the bitch to some asshole named Rax. She finds Hux's fat fuck father and Rax starts plotting.
>The gang and Solo go to Kashyyyk in order to find Chewie and a bunch of prisoners
>They liberate the prison from the empire, free a bunch of rebel prisoners, and the group splits up
>One of the prisoners happens to be Ejector seat's long lost husband and a bunch of melodrama happens
>Wedge gets cucked as a resullt.
>meanwhile Leia is pregnant and tearing Mon Mothma a new one for being a fucking liberal hippie.
>A month passes. Solo, Chewie, Gay dude, Sugi's niece, and rebel mclarge huge liberate Kashyyyk using pissed off wookies and giant spiders
>back at home, Ejector seat's husband is acting strange and distant. Angsty teen son is full of angst and Mr. Bones is even more annoying
>Rax moves his plot into action, forcing Sloane to call for fake negations with the New Republic in order to end the war, in rerality, Raxy wants to launch an invasion of chandrilla.
>On the day of the "Liberation:, Snappy follows dear old dad on one of his walks, when he finds his dad collaborating with an imperial spy
>Dad proceeds to stun shoot Snap, Crackle, and pop. After a few hours, Mr. Bones saves the little shit and he tries to go warn his mother, who is taking part in a big parade.
>Turns out, the Chandrilla invasion was a farce, used to test Sloane to see if she believes in his vision, which she fails because she's all "m-muh morals"
>Rax implanted chips into the liberated Kashyyyk prisoners. Right as Ejector seat and her husband are being honored for being rebels, the husband pulls out a blaster and shoots Mon Mothma. The rest of the prisoners start shooting other rebel leaders.

Is the Aftermath trilogy really that bad?
Just downloaded the ones from the pastebin, about to start reading.

You all are so mad about this dude it's hilarious.

I want to work on this one I did a while ago actually, hang on...

I know you're just trying to be pedantic about this book, but some of what you said is wrong/incomplete:

>Mom of the year and Wedge only have crushes on each other, they don't act on it past trying to kiss
>Sloane gets a bounty hunter to save Brendol Hux. Said bounty hunter is important much later in the story.

Not to forget,
>With the non-fatal shooting on Mon Mothma, the Senate starts it's move off Chandrila while many other worlds that wanted to join it decide to say 'fuck it' and decide to stay Independent Systems.
>Ejector seat's husband and Sloane team up in the ending, to try and get back at Rax for using them in different ways.
>Using the bounty hunter from the start of the book, Sloane learns second-hand about Rax's past and that gets her and Ejector seat's husband to Jakku, where Rax grew up and met Palpatine 30 years ago.
>Suddenly, once Sloane and Ejector seat's husband are on Jakku's surface, Rax pulls the entire Imperial Remnant Navy he controls out of hyperspace in Jakku's orbit. The end.

Hey Chuck how's it going?

Part 2:

>Leia, Ackbar, and Wedge are fine, because they went to help Han save Kashyyyk against the will of Mon Mothma
>Sloane's aid, seeing that Sloane wants to kill Rax, reveals that she has been fucking Rax on the side and believes in his vision
>She points a blaster at Sloane, but Sloane ain't having it with this cracka bitch, CQC's her like a motherfucker, then shoots her
>Ejector seat then shoots Sloane while she tries to escape and Sloane falls over the side of a bridge
>Meanwhile, Rax sends his massive, hidden, imperial fleet to Jakku, his real target all along.
>Mom of the year, her son, and the rest of the gang make up and reunite in order to do one last mission.
>Sloane wakes up in a ship, Piloted by Dad of the year. Dad has gone full Sasuke and wants to kill the guy who made him kill innocent people.
>Sloane agrees to help him
>Epilogue: Reavels that Rax was a little urchin from Jakku who tried to escape Jakku by stowing away on Sheev's ship
>Sheev takes a liking to him and instructs him to guard some super secret room on Jakku, and then literally says "My name is Sheev, lets be friends."

The End

Also, the Zabrak bounty hunter and the bland Rebel hate fuck each other multiple times. Gay imperial fucks a star wars version of a Nu-male, There is plenty of cheesy dialogue and real world references that don't work in star wars.

Okay, we need to dox Max Palas

I was getting there, senpai. I reached word limit.

What Trek species belongs in Star Wars?

I think the Cardassians would be a perfect in The Empire. They have a history of doing nothing wrong, just like Sheev.

That's better

The one with the pointy ears and dodgy hairstyles would be good Imperial Commanders

That was perfect
10/10, better than the actual book

The Romulans?

I spend countless hours editing wookieepedia and can confirm that is a 100% accurate representation of what we look like.

Good to know I nailed which Kelly strip to use.

But user, didn't you hear? It takes place during the clone wars; the best time period.

Nobody gives a shit about that though, we all know the movie is going to be shit. The only people will go watch it is to see Vader kill people.

The best Star Wars writer being shoved aside for Wendig shits me to no end. Imagine if he was writing that trilogy.

I was hyped for the movie for months before Vader was even confirmed to show up in it.

starwarsunderworld.com/2016/08/interview-with-dark-empire-writer-tom.html?m=1
>How did you come up with the idea of bringing back the Emperor?
>TOM: Our original proposal was to bring back Darth Vader's costume and mask, with somebody else inside it. We felt the Empire would want to maintain the fearsome image of Vader and wouldn't much care who was wearing the armor and breathing mask. George vetoed that idea (although he did allow us to have Vader appear in dreams and memories). He said, no, you can't bring back the Vader costume…but if you can figure out how to bring back the Emperor, that's o.k.
>The obvious way to bring back the Emperor was with cloning, which George immediately approved.

So Dark Empire was basically going to have Kylo Ren as the antagonist until George vetoed it and told them to clone Palpatine?

I don't know about that. I'm not hyped at all, but I feel like I'm going to enjoy it. As long as the main actors do a good enough job, it'll be okay in my books.
Then again, I also semi-love The Force Awakens, so I'm not sure if I'm entitled to valid opinion.

I could see the Ferengi fitting in nicely.

Cardassians and Romulans would fit in perfectly.

The Changelings

That reminds me, there's a girl I'm my class named Naare

Fuck her right in the pussy.

How does she pronounce it?

But she sits in the front of the class, and I don't even know what she looks like (I sit in the back of class). I just noticed the teacher say her name for roll.

Nar (like jar) ay (like hey without the h).

I don't know how to spell her name though.

Lucas's original plan for the sequels was always for Luke to fight the Emperor.

This just in. The controversial Lothal/Legends page on Wookieepedia is no more as of today. It has since been deleted by the administrators. took them long enough

Oh wow. Do you think the Ewoks were actually naked little girls inside those costumes?

>Star Wars has it's own Top Gear show
>the test driver is a guy in Mando armor that never speaks.

Huh?

ALL OF YOU FUCKING KEKS BETTER LAUGH IT UP NOW BECAUSE YOU'LL BE CRYING RIVERS OF TEARS WHEN TRUMP IS ELECTED AND THIS SHITTY GENERAL WILL BE TAKEN DOWN

FUCK LIBERALS
FUCK GLOBALISTS
FUCK ALL OF YOU SAD LITTLE STAR KEKS
FUCK YOUR SJW PANDERING

YOUR WHITE GENOCIDE AGENDA WILL BE STOPPED

For some reason the planet Lothal from Star wars rebels had an equivalent legends page on wookieepedia. It was around for quite some time too.

>Not making it a piledriver
BOO

>some say that he's fallen into the great pit of carkoon on three seperate occasions
>or that he's got a private harem full of jawas
>all we know is...he's called the Fett.

Seriously? But by the time Lothal happened the canon/legends split had been in place for months, why did they do that?

You need help

>He doesn't race mix
What a bunch of poodoo

Okay...

It should up in Nexus of Power, a Fantasy Flight Games product. For some reason work was stuck in a mindset that all FFG products, regardless of when they were released, defaulted to Legends.

why is the chair see through?

>It should up
Showed up

The Force.

so you can fap to lil soka jr

For a long time they assumed everything made after April 2014 was automatic canon. You'd see discussion threads that went like:
>Guys, I don't think we should list this trading card app as canon.
>I don't understand. It was made after April 2014, therefore it is official canon. Why are you debating this? This is clear and defined. It was made after April 2014 and thus is canon.
>Guys, seriously, it's just a stupid trading card app.
>Was it not made after April 2014? If it was not please provide proof that it was made prior. Otherwise it is to be considered canon as all works made after April 2014 are.
>Guys, I have a tweet from Pablo that says it's not canon.
>I don't understand. It was made after April 2014. Are they now rescinding the decision? Pablo must be confused. If it was made after April 2014, then it is canon. Did the rules change? Please provide a source stating where Pablo has indicated that works made after April 2014 are not canon.
>Guys, quit being stupid.

Any chance Rae Sloane can show up as the Empress of the Imperial core worlds/mid rim in Episode 8?

So far the ultimate fate of the Empire is left uncertain, and I'd like to believe a bunch of loyalists under Sloane would hold the Empire in tact as Rex and other abandon everyone to form the First Order.

The NR seems very impotent and prone to collapse, based on the books detailing it.

Captain Wedge Antillies is captured outside of Akiva by Imperial officer Rae Salone and is rescued by Rebel forces. On the surface of the planet, the Rebels fight against the Empire. After resolving the revolt Rae is promoted. A merchant sells Boba Fett's armor and a mysterious cult stops at nothing to retrieve Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber. Meanwhile, the Kashyyyk, the beginning of a revolution led by Han Solo and Chewbacca begins.

I thought the remaining Imperial worlds that didn't join First Order are all just independent planets now and there's no unified Empire (aside from FO being Empire 2.0) anymore. Sort of like how the Soviet Union broke up into a bunch of independent states.

I'm ashamed to say I rewrote an entire article based off of information I got from sw card trader not saying which one, to protect my identity and whatnot

The Empire, as a nation, dissolved after the Concordance. The military powers left the now many independent systems and governments to their own devices and went to the Unknown Regions. Eventually it would solidify into the successor state, the First Order.

So basically some Imperials may still be in the core worlds and such, but most of the real hardline guys up and left to make their own empire with blackjack and hookers.

If you can disregard Wendig's writing, Life Debt reveals a lot of lore that will probably heavily factor into the movies. Like the fact that something powerful is on Jakku that Palpatine himself wanted. And the Rax character is either Snoke himself or a puppet for Snoke.

The last book is supposed to be even more heavily connected to the movies, apparently. I think it comes out in January?

The keyword was in Episode 8. For all we know the LSG are planning on the Empire coming back there.

This kind of thinking was exactly why they were able to get away with using action figure packaging as SOLID PROOF that Jango is Mandalorian. People pointed out that it's dubious at best, but a ton of people jumped on the "but this was made after the canon/legends split, thus it is canon!" bandwagon.

I think a lot of the "b-but April 2014!" people were genuinely unable to understand that not literally everything was included, but a lot of them were just being passive aggressive dicks because at the time they were still extremely bitter about the EU being dropped. So some of them intentionally included really dumb stuff as canon because it was their way of protesting the whole thing.

>Oh, you think it's dumb to include this in canon? Me too, but our new Di$ney masters say anything made after this date is canon, so your new precious canon now includes this dumb thing!

I think if they were planning on bringing the Empire itself back, Pablo and the rest of LSG wouldn't have spent the last several months clarifying that there isn't really an Empire anymore.

Eh, mistakes are made I guess

>The NR seems very impotent and prone to collapse, based on the books detailing it.
FUCK
THIS
SHIT

That was one of the worst things they did in the old EU and now they are doing it again. Can they just have the NR be function?

Unless those worlds all suddenly organize together right after TFA and decide they want to be an Empire again I don't think that's going to make a difference.

Also I don't know what point there would be to having the Empire return when the main villainous faction of TFA and presumably the rest of the trilogy is almost literally "the Empire returns" already.

>YOUR WHITE GENOCIDE AGENDA WILL BE STOPPED
ironically the whites fucked themselves over by sticking there dicks in different gene pools
moral of the story
2D>3D

Not in this day and age. Not when faith in the government is at an absolute low

Not really. Life Debt's main goal was Wendig trying to make his OC doughnut steels relevant to the OT cast.

This would have been weird.

That's part of why I said ignore Wendig's writing. Just focus on the pieces that the movie writers probably told him to include in there. If you're interested in the movies.

>The best Star Wars writer being shoved aside for Wendig shits me to no end. Imagine if he was writing that trilogy.
>Imagine if Luceno was writing the Aftermath trilogy
I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.

That shit looks pretty creepy

Want that a concept for a young Thrawn?

Either that, or the sci-fi season of American Horror Story

So Coruscant, the once sprawling city center of galactic civilization, is literally-who-tier now? While Jakku is gradually becoming the new bright spot at the center of the universe?

I don't like sand.