Episode about the length rick will go to avoid talking about his problems hidden behind his nihilism

>episode about the length rick will go to avoid talking about his problems hidden behind his nihilism
>nihilism is bad according to /poltv/
>/poltv/ misses the point regardless and falls into a collective autism hypnosis about PICKLE RICK XD

you are worse than Sup Forums

incredible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ebN186ArGA
youtu.be/kVCouGdEIEw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PICKLE

Hella.
Fr*ckin.
Epic.

People have overused the word nihilism so much I doubt the show creators know what it means

It doesn't matter what message the episode was trying to convey. What matters is the way it conveyed it. This episode was shitty regardless of whether or not it was even ironic, which I still can't tell if it was. I don't understand what the /poltv/ thing is anyway, I mean I'm a liberal but I still hated the episode. Plus if it's about the female writer then this show had female writers before, it's just that this one was really fucking horrible at her job. What was her name again?

Counterpoint:

Rick is just a bad character because the show can never decide if it wants to depict him as admirable or despicable and if it wants to play his nihilism seriously or comedically.

>Another thread

Shills go home.

He didnt go very far since he had a antipickle-serum set up to work like 10 minutes after they've left.

um. no faggot. the episode is about being le epic fricken pickle

rick yourself

HAHA IM AN ANNOYING ORANGE *buurrrp* MORTY HAHA GOD ISNT REAL *belch*

឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴

឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴

឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴

The thing is, its perfectly fine if they wanted to go the whole "lets explore Rick's relationship with his family" route, but if they did it in a creative way through character actions and plot... like when Rick gave himself up after realizing how miserable he was making his family on tiny planet. But to try and do some sort of pseudo-intellectual character exploration by just having a therapist character go off on some ridiculously long, vague monologue is just so fucking uncreative.

It feels like this entire episode was written in about an hour

God isn't *burp* real Morty

឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴ ឴.

please delete this you're fucking up my jam

*brap*

DUDE NIHILISM LMAO

underrated post

I spent a long time getting that shit to work and nobody is even going to acknowledge it

PICKLED

Beth and Rick are infuriating characters to watch, seriously this season is genuinely making me hate them.

Ironic rick and morty posters are even more annoying than the shows actual fans

>his nihilism
Yea they overbuilt the character messing with the balance of the show.
That would work if the character was generally liked by most people.
What worked before:

>Rick is a brilliant scientist but needs a dorky coward dweeb like Morty (notice the contrast) so Rick is flawed in the sense that he depends on somebody

>they have a nice family but it's FLAWED because the dad is a coward and loser now all of that is solved so the plot is lees interesting, doesn't have as much to offer

>Summer is suppose to be a dumb cunt jumping to conclusions and being useless

Making characters less flawed is not a good idea since the plot dynamics will suffer.

SAY PICKLE ONE MORE TIME !! You PICKLE SUITED BASTED!!!

I hate pickles.

Doctor Pavel I'm PICKLEEEE RICK

>Show sets up Rick as a genius mastermind that transcends galaxies.
>"I didn't want to go to therapy so I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE. WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB LOOK AT ME! IM A PICKLE MORTY, HA HA HA. I'M PICKLE RICK."

If you think this episode was anything but senseless pandering with an attempt to justify itself with an incredibly shitty emotional subplot, then you're part of the "Facebook Rick and Morty" fanbase.

It was a dumb hyperviolent gag episode and the punchline was Rick showing up to therapy as a pickle anyway.

It amused me for the twenty minutes it took to watch it.

kek

remember when they used to go to space and shit
now we just have muh divorce and family guy jokes

Name 1 flash back in this episode

I enjoyed rick and mortey

but the last 3 episodes feel phoned in and the animation has gotten cheaper

the new episode felt like watching an american dad plot

Why do people even watch this? Futurama covered everything 10 years ago and it was a better show.

>I don't understand what the /poltv/ thing is anyway
"Everyone who doesn't agree with me is a Neonazi" essentially

also the beter vs chicken fights that go on too long

sooo are we going to just ignore this?

>hey he turned himself into a pickle to avoid going to therapy , that's neat
> hurr 10 minutes of le epic rick killing rats and being a ninja commando and killing armed guards

fuck off

HE'S OURGUY MORTY
OUUUUURGUUUUY HE'S OUUUURGUUUUY

>Futurama covered everything 10 years ago

no it didn't. The scifi scenarios in rick and morty episodes are A LOT more clever and interesting than futurama , where the writers constantly had to ground things back in the present day. Futurama really used the scifi opportunities available to a very limited and not that interesting degree.

interesting and entertaining Rick and morty episodes which make great use of scifi premises
-how would dogs feel if they had human intellect?.
-what if brain parasites inserted themselves into your memories and started multiplying?
-what if people put you in a virtual reality machine to scam you (mainly good because of the jerry segment[what if an idiot were put into a lower power , glitchy simulation and didn't notice])
-what if freezing time caused a timeline to split in two and the two versions had to either be made to overlap or one version had to kill the other with a trans-timeline gun
-what if a parasitic hvemind organism that took control of millions of people's brains was in love with your scientist grandfather
-what if you created a miniature universe in a box with increased time and told the inhabitants to produce power so you could power your car, but that miniature universe itself produced a miniature universe to produce its power
-what if you left your grand daughter in a scifi car and told the advanced AI to protect the daughter and the advanced AI used less and less violent but increasingly resourcefu ways to keep your daughter safe from ncreasing threats from law enforcement
-what if a married couple's therapy practice created life forms based on the couples mental images of the other person

you'd probably need to scour through 5 seasons of futurama to find scifi scenarios that are as interesting and well pulled-off as rick and morty's

idk i that will continue in season 3 though but thefirs 2 seasons are much betterthanany two seasons of futurama, which is bland.

I think this bothered me more than the actual act of him turning himself into a pickle and "le wow random" nature of it.

>Lmao Beth took the """""ANTI PICKLE SERUM""""" from the timed scissors!
>Lmao a cat knocked him off the table!
>Lmao the sun will dry him out!
>Never mind, lmao the rain is washing him away!
>Lmao DAE cockroaches have mammalian brains???
>Lmao DAE know how nervous systems work???
>Lmao Rick is killing like a ton of rats!!!!!
>Lmao Rick is killing like a ton of foreign agents!!!!!
>Lmao Rick is fighting """""JAGUAR"""""
>Lmao Rick is killing the building!
>Lmao family therapy anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a plothole, but le epic writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show went to shit.

Dan Harmon certainly does, he seen the debts of depression while beating his wife

this episode was about penis envy
prove me wrong

I'd watch something with pickle stan while Roger sanctimoniously treats the family.

What?
This episode was just a fun exploration of Rick's science, with the family therapy stuff as the frame. He was a pickle, with no arms or items to help him and still he comes back out on top. It's just a fun show why do you gotta over analyze it like an idiot?

American dad has jokes though

FUCK DRUMPF

FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

PARTY PICKLES IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Futurama literally did every single one of those and they did it without making people think they're super geniuses for understanding them. One of the futurama movies was literally about a viral host that the universe falls in love with only to be destroyed by robots. How about when cats ruled the earth? How about people scamming you out of the access to a time machine? I don't mind watching rick and north but you cannot say they don't pull ideas from futurama.

Do people unironically watch this Reddit show?

>be reddit
>come to /poltv/
>cry
Why?

Who /picklewhentheywant/ here?

/poltv/ decided one day they didn't like Rick and Morty because someone on Reddit said it was good. Anytime /poltv/ reads something on Reddit it always decides to take the opposite opinion.

After the decision has been made they will rationalize their fake hate with retard level arguments.

>This was a shitty episode
No actual argument on why it was shitty
>The show is shitty
No actual argument on why it's shitty

Is r&m the new mlp?
youtube.com/watch?v=-ebN186ArGA

I sexually identify as a Pickle Rick. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of turning myself into a vegetable. People tell me that being a pickle is impossible and that I'm a redditor but I don't care. I'm having a plastic surgeon reverse million years of human evolution and other social constructs. From now on everyone should respect my right to be a pickle and my right to have a good time. If you can't accept me you are a picklephobe and should check your non-vegetable privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

can you actually give a reason as to why any of those things are bad, or do you think greentexting and putting "lmao" in front of something is an argument?

Plus Rick totally just says, "No" and walks through portals all the time for other shit.

Holy shit justin get your shit together man

The only thing I hate about this pickle rick shit is that it reminded me that I unironically like Party Rock Anthem

t. Someone who has never watched futurama

Everybody just have a good time

BIG REVEAL!

it was shit because it had no fucking jokes and half the episode was the most boring dialogue in the entire series, you oblivious twat

I wanna say go back to redt but you are absolutely right

Fuck off tge limit of futuramas sci fi exploration was muh snoo snoo and muh floating brains

Ill give you tge one where bender learns the futility of being god was a creative episode tho. But like tge other poster said those episodes where once or twice a season

>8 minutes of random woman's monologue in second to last scene while all the characters stare in boredom with less movement than the cheapest anime

>idiots talk about how she was totally correct in that long diatribe about how rick's mind is a blessing and a curse and a bunch of random garbage that is either a direct quote form an earlier episode (usually said sarcastically) or the least interesting and most shallow projection that doesn't even count as an observation.

The show gets better and better, fuck the brainlets

It's a shitty show because it's not funny when it supposed to be a comedy you dirty redditnigger

I like R&M but this episode was mindless filler.

Jaguar or whatever the fuck his name was served no purpose whatsoever.

It was pretty much telegraphed that Rick and Jag would team up as soon as Jag was revealed. I didn't mind him, there's nothing wrong with throwaway characters in a show that defines itself that random crap just happens.

Not as interesting as Krombopulus Michael, but few are.

youtu.be/kVCouGdEIEw

*BURP*

Well he is just utterly despicable in his treatment of others and absolute disregard for their overall existence, but you can admire his intellect.

I always just saw him as a guy who does what he wants, and will do anything to reach his goals.

BURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBRUPBRUPBRUPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBRUPBRUPBRUPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBRUPBRUPBRUPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBRUPBRUPBRUPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBRUPBRUPBRUPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBRUPBRUPBRUPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURPBURP GOD DOESN'T REAL MORTY

>my face when Sup Forums spent an entire fucking month anticipating this episode only to discover it was written by a woman

There was an interesting part to his conversation with Jaguar where Rick expressed some resigned indifference about leaving Beth in the kronenberg universe.

Which upon reflection is the universe where Jerry acts masculine and has a strong marriage.

More like reddit and memes amiriteguys

go back to the reddit

PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

>only to discover it was written by a woman
We've know that for a year ideeot

But not usually to his daughter. For her, it kind of makes sense he'd do something more elaborate.

So wait, does that mean that the robot Summer and Morty were the ones to huff fumes and bedwet?

>+3wks in Mad Max universe
>robots agreed 1wk ago to attend therapy
>2-3wks between therapy agreement and when children were last in universe
sloppy writing or a very slow moving school.

i turned myself into a mediocre show moortyyy
mediocreee riiicckkkk

Greatest animated comedy of all time, the butthurt here proves it.

I was kind of pissed that Jerry doesnt make an appearance.

Are they trying to kill off Jerry?

From an addiction perspective a few weak episodes can feed the addiction because now you want to see if episode 4 is shitty like 2&3 or if they make a good one.

What's the better joke?

a) I'm tiny riiiiiiick

or

b) I'm pickle riiiiiick

PICKLE RICK XD

tiny

Tiny rick was a shitty episode too, but now it looks like comedy gold compared to pickle rick.

he doesnt know the entire point of the (((alt-right))) and by extention /poltv/ is to point out how much smarter you are than those arrogant liberals

Answer me this question, Sup Forums.
What doth life?

PICKLES XANNIT AFFORS SUCI MY DICK THEY DONT GAVE WUNALUBDUBS GET

Counterpoint:
Rick is a good character because he serves the show's purpose, quick semi-improvised comedy in visually diverse science fiction settings and situations. Plus his sporadic nature and schizophrenic understanding of the world lends well to parody.

Damn this season is just bumming me out actually. Maybe it's time to give up on comedy. After I rewatch Venture Bros though