BEGRUDGINGLY, JAPAN IS BEGINNING TO ACCEPT THAT IT NEEDS MORE IMMIGRANTS

>IN THE Shin-Okubo neighbourhood of Tokyo, smells of Korean food and snatches of the language waft in the air. A supermarket selling kimchi sits next to an Indian-run kebab shop—the latter complete with leaflets promoting Islam, the religion of the Calcutta-born owner. A local estate agent advertises staff that speak Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai alongside the floor plans for tiny Tokyo apartments. Shin-Okubo is a rarity in Japan. The country has remained relatively closed to foreigners, who make up only 2% of the population of 127m, compared with an average of 12% in the OECD, a club of mostly rich countries. Yet Japan is especially short of workers. Fully 83% of firms have trouble hiring, according to Manpower, a recruiting firm, the highest of any country it surveys. And the squeeze is likely to become much worse. The population is projected to drop to 87m by 2060, and the working-age population (15-64) from 78m to 44m, because of ageing.

>Public opinion seems to be gradually shifting. The authors of a recent poll by WinGallup were surprised that more Japanese favoured immigration than were against it—22% to 15%—although a whopping 63% said they were not sure. A warm embrace for lots of foreigners is unlikely. Japan’s nationalists do not have the power of Europe’s broad-based anti-immigrant movements. But the country prides itself on its homogeneity, and although the media no longer reflexively blame foreigners for all social ills, discrimination is still rife. Many landlords will not accept foreign tenants, ostensibly, says Li Hong Kun, a Chinese estate agent in Shin-Okubo, because they do not adhere to rules such as being quiet after 10pm and sorting the rubbish properly (a complex task). Others suggest terrorist attacks in Europe as a reason to keep Japan for the Japanese. Brazilians of Japanese origin, who were encouraged to migrate to Japan in the 1980s, have never really been accepted despite their Japanese ethnicity, notes Tatsuya Mizuno.

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/news/asia/21705376-begrudgingly-japan-beginning-accept-it-needs-more-immigrants-narrow-passage
youtu.be/NK0Y9j_CGgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

economist.com/news/asia/21705376-begrudgingly-japan-beginning-accept-it-needs-more-immigrants-narrow-passage

They'll get wasted by the local Yakuzas anyway.

Japan will surely die in 2050.

I hate these fucking retard economists

why does the economy always have to be growing? if you need to import retarded niggers to grow your economy, it probably shouldn't grow anymore

Heres the thing.

When Jappan says it wants workers it wants actual worker you know. People that work.

That dedicate their free time and life to the company.

They don't want your arab muslim whos gonna sit on his ass half of the day work the other and claim hes being oppressed.

If Jappan let's immigrants in it's going to be a strict selection not open doors.

Want your relatives to come? Fuck off.
Don't speak Japanese after 3 years? Fuck off.

etc..

It makes me sad. Everything good about Japan (and there's a lot) stems from the fact that it's not fucking multicultural. They don't need more fucking immigrants from shit-tier countries, they need to change their goddamn awful work culture so people can both have careers and be parents, and the government needs to give people working with child care (kindergarten, teachers etc) a fucking living wage. Also build more fucking daycare centers, you stupid fucks.

I love Japan. Being from Europe and having all those immigrant-related issues, it's great being here where they just don't exist.

japan-baka take them dayzu

No they don't. They just need to create economical incentives for the younger generation to have kids.

Fucking hypocrite, gtfo of Japan then you dont belong. stop ruining japan REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SVEN NO!

NO!

the article makes it clear this isnt about refugees or even the west. its asians only. some of it is just talk like allowing some flips (south east asian) in but they will regulate it thoroughly since they dont have space for a shit ton of hungry nigggers

From a historical perspective you guys are kind of geniuses.

I mean look a Britan. It's always been a multi culti trash palace.

First in 55 BC Cesar came and it was Roman Empire.

Then Angles, Saxons and Jutes after the Fall.

Then the Irish flooded in.

And today well... we all know today.

Meanwhile Japan lived near the biggest most prosperous longest Empire in the history of the world.
Never got Conquered.
Not by the Chinks, not by the Mongols, not by the Koreans.
No instead they went out and conquered on their own.
Fucking A. I salute you.
Take it form another Homogenous country. Stay Homogenous.

If you have to take immigrants in. DO NOT PICK MUSLIMS OR HINDUS.

Never pick anyone thats religious and won't assimilate. NEVER.

>it's fine we promise we're not going to self-destruct "that" much and it won't be that bad

Who gives a shit about your living standard when you can have a better (((economy))), right?

(((abenomics))) is working well so now it's ok

get with the times you racist

See you nerds later. Im going to Japan.

Indeed.

you are talking to an english teacher retard.

So Japan is finally accepting the bull?
NIPPON YES!

It's obvious really. Hard to get decent housing for family with 2+kids, high living costs make financial uncertain and long hours at work means little time to raise them since day cares are lacking evidently too means that fewer are going to have numerous children and they'll have them later in life too.

Everyone forgets that many problems can be solved with automation.

Unless you at the same time make a shift to a heavy export based economy with large public welfare system the country is going to collapse when large scale automation is introduced. Automation is a communists false hope.

my thoughts exactly

>complain about refugees and immigrants

>be a fucking immigrant yourself

>inb4 b-but I am so educated!!!

Just kill yourself, YOU are part of the problem.

Yes, just listen to Michio Kaku explain how you're too dumb to run your own country and you need to import immigrants to keep society from collapsing, causing us to live in mud huts and hunt feral neighborhood animals for sustenance.

youtu.be/NK0Y9j_CGgM

Maybe they're having trouble hiring because young Japanese don't want to work slave hours like their parents. Japan is an awful place to live.

>Michio Kaku
>Listen
yeah, nah

blackbot here

Can't wait to liberate some Japanese wommins like it's 1945, I'm gonna be dropping two tons of BBC on dey asses

immigrants aren't the problem
immigrants refusing to integrate are

Japan's immigrants = South Koreans, Vietnamese and few Han Chinese

They're not niggers and shitkins like professor Shekelstein would have you believe

No you retard you need to make difference between apples and pears. Short term immigrants that come to the country to work and teach skills like language or tech are valuable, it's called technology transfer.
Dindus who immigrate in large numbers and do nothing but breed and pray to a foreign god are harmful. Make the difference.

Yes, working here for a limited amount of time, meeting a specific demand, and then leaving again is the same as importing useless niggers who never leave from absolute horrific cultures that aren't compatible with the Japanese one. Dumbass.

calm down there mohammad

no need to get so worked up

>japan is kill
"no"

>japan will become an Islamic country full of poo in loos and designated shitting streets in your lifetime
>anime will be banned from japan
>anime becomes american
>raw fish becomes haram
the pain is real

Expect this shilling to get stronger the closer we get to the Japan 2020 Olympics

How much #BLACKED for glonious nippon?

Learn from Europe, Japan. Don't ruin your country.

I wouldn't mind going there and accepting the culture, but I don't think I'd make it through the immigration process, not done with college.

>mfw planning to go to japan and bag myself a wife

can i do it bros? i'm gonna be an english teacher and spend all my free time playing yakuza and other video games

Hopefully. I love many things from that country

Shouldn't be that hard. Good luck, user.

underrated post

Increasing the """workforce""" by importing retards from the middle east or Africa has been proven to not work at all.
The countries that takes in the most, for example Sweden... has had an steady economy for years ON PAPER, the problem however is that we get buried in debt as a country.
The western economy will soon burst and immigrants will be the 'go-to' when it comes to blame. Even though it's our retarded politicians fault that they came here from the start.

I have family members in america and I won't hesitate for a second to move there with my working skills and well-educated mind, IF Trump gets elected.

Instead of bringing people into your country to let them work, why not send your companies out of the country and let them exploit brown people's labor OVER THERE

For example, it used to be that white people would take control of African coutries and put them to work. But now that's forbidden, so instead of exporting our civilization, we have to instead bring them within our own borders if we want to put them to work

Because das racist.
The only large economy country that got the balls to do that is China, simply because they don't give a single shit about the PC-culture and "muh white guilt".

Offer me a decent job that is well paid and I'd gladly migrate to Japan. Problem is that their work ethics require people to do more for the same, or the same for less. Why would I live in Japan if it results in less free-time, less money to spend and probably being discriminated and spat at because I am white? Japan probably is the worst, developed country to migrate to.

every prominent economist of the modern era except for keynes has been jewish.

I fucking hate kikes

Nothing is wrong with Japan that cant be fixed. These fucking kikes just want complete control over the entire world.

Ha. The west has destroyed itself. Something as basic as having kids you couldn't do.

Exactly.

Because if the economy doesn't grow then they can't get rich from their ponzi scheme loans, stupid goy.

>he doesnt understand the difference between skilled labour and economic immigrants

Why are Germans so fucking dumb?

Theyre not retarded at all

These people know exactly what they are doing. They are lying to get strong countries to open their borders and take in immigrants so they destroy their national identity and open themselves up to control by foreigners, particularly Jews and Israelis.