AMA

Russian here. Living in Moscow. No, I'm not a Putin supporter. Think I'm upper middle class. 1 year I've lived in Budapest in 2000-2001, been to most of western european countries, so I know how the world looks like outside where I live.

There are so many misconceptions about our country here, some people have delusions, maybe I could answer some questions if you have them. I'm not biased, don't support any political party or so. Just an ordinary Sup Forumsack. Sorry for my English, didn't practise it for a long time.

Also, are there some Sup Forums people in Moscow? What if we met somewhere?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YxJW_pEim2w
rp.pl/Plus-Minus/305059919-Barbaria-czyli-tlumaczenie-Rosji.html#ap-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What was the nicest place to live in Europe? What was the worst?

What do you miss about Russia whenever abroad?

What happens in east Russia?

I find Switzerland to be the most comfortable country. Calm, clean, the water in rivers is just fantastic, everything there has a very good quality (infrastructure, buildings, etc.). And the most beatiful city in EU - Budapest.

I miss the whole spirit of our country. I would say the West is like another world, another reality. Whenever I come back just looking at our nature I feel that special "home" feeling.

What do you mean? I've never been more eastern than Kazan city (some relative from there).

I don't think anything special happens there. Or you're asking about Chinese influence there, or what?

I heared it was filled with weebs, i dunno

The Russian East? Well, maybe there are more of them than in other parts, but I wouldn't say it's "filled" with them. Japanese cars are very populat there, that I know for sure. When they passed a law prohibiting such cars (with driver on the right side), there was an uprising in the East, so if I'm not mistaken, thay've canceled the law.

Since you border with Mongolia, Kazakhstan and China, what's it like in cities along these border areas? Is there any cultural influence anywhere or different people you see or is it just Russia, then borders, then different country.

Also is it just Moscow and St Petersberg that are the only aesthetic cities in Russia or are there other nice places?

what do you think happened to the polish plane in Smolensk? who do you think is behind it? what do russians think about it?

what's your opinion on what's going on in ukraine?

There are some good cities in so-called "Golden ring" - historical ones (Yaroslavl, Rostov Velikiy, etc.). They are quite damaged, but still beautiful.

As to modern cities - Kazan, Sochi, Nizhni Novgorod. About other ones, I just don't know, there's still contrast between Moscow and St Petersburg and everything else. Small cities around Kaliningrad (Konigsberg) are also good, but Kaliningrad itself was almost entirely destroyed by war.

>There are so many misconceptions about our country here
like the fact that it's run by Pootin the tax thief and that Russia is utterly corrupt? And that journalists are actually murdered there?

>just misconceptions guise!!

youtube.com/watch?v=YxJW_pEim2w
yeah, some cultural influence

There is cultural influence of Kazakhstan - because many ethnic kazakhz actualy in bordering Russian cities. All bordering cities are quite poor and they have many people with "eastern" mentality, so they look very chaotic.

There is also mongol influence, in a sense that ethnicities that live near Mongolia border are themselves mongoloid. It's a different world which isn't similar to enywhere in Russia.

As to Chinese influence it's quite present in bordering cities. But the rumors of many chinese taking control aren't accurate. There are not many chinese people there. But they are very well represented in trade, business. People buy chinese products, food, etc. They have more trade with China then EU, unlike the western part of Russia. Also, many chinese tourists are there.

Why did boris nemstov die in the steps of the kremlin?
Why did BP and that russian gas companys joint venture fail?
Who really won the 2012 election?
What happened to the protestors?

It's fake, already debunked. The video is from China.

> What happens in east Russia?

Mostly - slow depression

I am under the impression that Russian have a strong francophile tradition. Is it still true? Is there a chance I can speak French with some locals there or will I have to speak in English (beside the few Russian expression I will have learnt for the trip)?

Dik pix?

Some old people were learning french in school. My father and uncle learned french, so they would understand some simple questions.

>a strong francophile tradition. Is it still true

AMong young hipster cunts because "muh paris!". Havent seen anything special everywhere else.

you have a mentality of a shill

1. Chechens killed them. I think those people are connected to Kadirov (head of Chechnya), but our government doesn't want to admit that.
2. Not sure about that. I think we wanted to make our oil-gas industry more open to international business, but eventually because of some lobbying those plans were canceled.
3. United Russia have won. But the've falsified the elections, bringin people working in government to vote for them, taking false blanket lists, etc. So, they would won, but in reality they've got not that much percents. People were very angry about that.
4. Most of them - nothing. But some were jailed. Some still in jail. Also, they took some people that didn't do anything wrong, accused them that they've allagedely hurted the policemen (which they didn't) and took them in prison.

Just sayin the bitter truth. Ruskies are Ruskies, nothing will change that

> 2. Not sure about that. I think we wanted to make our oil-gas industry more open to international business, but eventually because of some lobbying those plans were canceled.

Cause Sechin(well, he has right to do so, capitalism) didnt wanted anyone who could ruin his Rosneft empire, lol.

What about literature? Tolstoy used to write some expressions in french in his books for example. And Russians elites loved French culture so much before the communist revolution. Is it all lost?

Russia is very corrupt. That's true. I think the level of corruption is much higher than in any EU country, even those like Bulgaria, Romania. Also, there is corruption in almost every level. From big governmental deals to ordinary people.

But personaly, through my entire life I've never gave a bribe, that's my position. Most people give bribes, etc., I think.

mostly yes, soviet education was different. Older people learned mostly german and french, younger - english.

Who's your favorite monarch from Russian history?

what truth? you're just repeating what our media is feeding you, you fool. you could say excactly the same, or worse about Poland.

like the tape-recordings gate- did anyone actually was held responsible for that? or did Lepper really comit suicide, you really believe that?

I'm not saying russia's awesome, but you have to keep your mind open for the possibility that what you consider to be the truth is a media-produced lie

How is bibirevo? I know a girl who lives there and studies engeneering at мфти (phystech).

Russians think that it's mistake of Polish. Personaly I don't have opinion on that subject, because I didn't do any research.

In Ukraine - no large combats, but every day there is a shooting, people still die. Very bad situation there. I hope it would end soon, but I don't see how could this be done practicaly.

So what are those misconceptions you spoke of? Because in general this is how people perceive Russia - state brutality, secret murders and corruption

or like our regional electons weren't rigged?

>There are so many misconceptions about our country here, some people have delusions, maybe I could answer some questions if you have them. I'm not biased, don't support any political party or so.

The tradition was in Russian Empire. Now it's almost gone. Some people still learn french at school. Personally, I've studied at a french-language school, so I know that language a bit. I think most Russian would say that french culture is superior to english, so some part of francophile tradition is still there I guess.

Why do Russians so slavishly believe everything their government says? Government says "you are Atheists". Russians say "ok". A few decades later, Government says "you are Christians", Russians say "of course". Do Russians have free will?

>you're just repeating what our media is feeding you
Are you fucking kidding me? You know Moscow exists since 12 century you moron? I actually read unlike you

Compare corruption levels of Russia and any other EU country and stfu

Is it safe for an American (of Slavic origin) to visit places like Moscow or St. Petersburg? I want to go there to visit at least once before some western-backed George Soros plot inevitably causes the country to spiral into chaos.

Alexei Mikhailovich. He lived in XVII century. Also, Ivan the III, Alexander III.

Very likely they were, but that's an exception from the general rule. Besides remember that Poland was 50 yrs under commie/ruskie influence

> Do Russians have free will?

Russians, mostly - dont give a shit. Government is like weather - it just exists, sometimes its good, sometimes its bad - you mind your own business.

So if government asks you a question - you answer the thing they want to hear and then proceed to your own business. This is how everything works here.

It's considered quite a bad neibourghood. I've never been there, so can't say anything, just the perception is like that.

MFTI is very good university, one of our best. So the girl you know must be very smart.

> Is it safe for an American (of Slavic origin) to visit places like Moscow or St. Petersburg

Mostly yes. Something might happen but that would be inpredictable. If you would try to visit something like Barnaul or Kurgan I'd say you to be careful.

People write different things here, most of them are false. To list them, it would take me some hours, so I won't do that.

There is literally nothing wrong with killing those who openly against your country.
Come one its already 2016 and its Russia.
You cannot be neutrail there.
Either you are pro Russian in politics or against it, there is no space between.

I will be visiting Moscow in November, it will be my first time there and I learnt "some" russian to have very basic understanding of the environment.
What part of the city is the best for staying?

What will happen after Putins reign ends (When he dies etc..)
Also how big is the support for Vladimir zhirinosvkiy? And does he have any policies that he really want to push etc..?

Penis or GTFO

>Why do Russians so slavishly believe everything their government says?
People are afraid of government's retaliation. Like secret murders, police visit. In reality, in private Russians don't believe their government. They pretend to do so on the outside though

They don't really. Most just pretend they agree. For example, when there was a census in the 30s, the government discovered most of people still were Orthodox, so their propaganda didn't work. My family wasn't atheist for the whole time of USSR. Orthodoxy was always present in our culture, just under USSR it was repressed. After the fall of USSR no one told us "you are Christians", that's just what people thinked when they were free.

As to conformity in general - that may have something to do with the fact we're more collectivist society.

Kek

>Its this Russian-fear mongering Polak again.

Good God, youre one of the worst shitposters on this entire site. Literally kill yourself.

> What will happen after Putins reign ends (When he dies etc..)

Somebody from his team will take the lead, Vlad loves secrets so Russia will now the name of its new Ruler literally couple of month before he will get the crown, lol.

>is the support for Vladimir zhirinosvkiy? A

"State fed clown".

>against your country
Your country = what Pootin and Kremlin tax thieves wish and decide? How does that make you different from cotton picking niggers?

>You cannot be neutrail there
That's true for all countries Saszka

Yes, those cities are 100% safe. Many tourists here.

Living in the suburbs of Moscow I feel safe to go home at night (at any time) about 2-3 kilometers.

The truth hurts you degenerate fucking burger

Cool, thanks, guys. Hopefully within the next 2-3 years ill check it out.

Keep up the good work my polish friend

The best is central part. If it's to expensive to you, consider the South-Western or Western parts of the city - they are considered the best. But beside the city center architecture is not very good, consider that.

Yeah fuck off

>sucks EU cock
>calling others degenerate

Have you finished your "Refugees Welcome" sign yet?

>Somebody from his team will take the lead
I guess we'll find out, If he died today it would be Medvedev i suppose.
>"State fed clown".
Hehe indeed he has funny rhetoric to say the least haha.

>I actually read unlike you
yeah but who writes the things you read?

>Compare corruption levels of Russia and any other EU country and stfu

the only difference is that our meadia make a huge deal about corruption in russia, but stay convieniently silent about what's going on in our countries, I'm afraid. why do you think Merkel takes all the refugees? Her will, or is she just a corrupted puppet?

I'm not saying Russia's any better. it's not even my point. my point is that you come here and have a chanc to learn a different perspective, but instead of doing that you impose your thesis and preconceived set of ideas on everyone else. thos way you'll never learn anything. this way you'll never draw your own conclusions, you'll just keep repreating what someone else has taught you. I said you have a mentality of a shill and I stand by it.

Fuck off beaner.

> What will happen after Putins reign ends (When he dies etc..)

No one knows. I hope the more libertarian part of government would gain power.

Zhirinovsky is a cloun. No sane person takes him seriously. All he does - takes votes from other parties and votes the same way the ruling party does.

How is Stalin viewed in today's Russia?

Putin is are lesser evil there.
Nemtsov was already dead as political figure since 1999.
Apart from constanly appering on controlled opposition forums and shaming Putin with actually harsh worlds like cunt\faggot and so on, he did absolutly nothing.
So now tell me how Putin profited from his death.

>That's true for all countries Saszka
Well i was talking about Russia, so.
Nothing would change there until 2024.
You just need to adapt for "current year" and live on.

> I guess we'll find out, If he died today it would be Medvedev i suppose.

Not exactly. Medvedev wasnt destined to be president - the place was for Ivanov, but his son ruined everything and throne was warmed by Medvedev.

lol, the murder rate is like twice as big compared to the horrible soros europe big cities. Only belarus, africa and south american cities surpass moscow homicide rate.

I heard that Moscow is a Multiethnic shithole with Churkas and Asians
Is that true?

>I hope the more libertarian part of government would gain power.

confirmed muslim

50% adore him
50% mark him as vile tyrant.

That is why I like russia.

You mean Sergei Ivanov?
That guy speaks fluent Swedish according to our former minister of foreign affairs Carl bildt.
But Ivanov is a part of the former KGB guys basically Putins inner circle right?

Lmao Switzerland comfortable.
Maybe for cold hearted ex-communists, Switzerland is one of the least appealing countries I have ever visited.

Do we get to see delicious uncut Rus-peen or not?

Do you think communism fucked the russian gene pool?

Mostly disliked, some don't care, but there is some niggers that still worship him. They die from alcoholism very fast anyway.

What does the outside and the inside of your house look like?
The general impression i get of russia from media is that you're either all living in blocky grey apartment blocks or in the countryside in something out of fallout.

It's an issue that devides people. Many people from the old generation loves him. The younger ones mostly hate him. Also, people from big cities (Moscow, St Petersburg, etc.) mostly hate him, people from poorer ones love him. He's like simbolic figure. People see all bad things happening now and think that if Stalin was alive he would kill all corrupt authorities. So, people that love him view him as a symbolic figure, which bring justice.

Personaly, I think he was a murderous criminal that should be hanged in the times of Tsar Nicolas II.

Switzerland, the better Germany (if you have the money/job and luck to live there)
Sheeeeit, as a German I'd be a fucking "refugee" going there now...

yes. beyond saving.

Moscow is bigger than some countries, in terms of population. So some parts of this hive can be veery dangerous.

His close friend and some say - right arm.

No shit. The Russian FEDERATION encompasses multiple, non-white, third world-tier ethnic states left over from the days of the Russian Empire. One of which is Chechnya- a hot spot breeding ground for fundamentalist, extremist Muslim terrorists.

Thats like if Great Britain today would have kept all its colonies in Africa like Nigeria, Zimbabwe and South Africa and people would point to the UK and say "Look! England has one of the highest homicide rates in the world!"

And Pollacks are the toilet cleaning/warehouse/building workers of EU..

I know you disliek Russians for historical reasons and propaganda, but careful not to cut yourself on that edge there.

So what? I generally feel safe in Moscow, that's my feelings. In all my life I wasn't robbed, saw people killing anyone, etc. That's my perception, nothing else.

>yeah but who writes the things you read?
You think I keep track of all those people?

>why do you think Merkel takes all the refugees? Her will, or is she just a corrupted puppet?
bla bla bla. We're talking about giving bribes to public officers

>to learn a different perspective
But I know very well what the russian perspective is. There are shit tons of lectures on Youtube, articles, history books, quotes of russian tsars, writers, thinkers etc. Even Ruskies here tell me indirectly that I'm correct, so the only thing you have to do is to move your lazy ass and search for informations

>ziałalność wolnomyślnych Moskali jest więc w rzeczywistości tylko szlachetną zabawą. Mają dobrą wolę wobec Polski – dzięki im za to, mówi Kamieński – ale nic, ani dla Polski, ani dla wolności, nie potrafią uczynić. Naród moskiewski, pisał X.Y.Z., nie jest jeszcze zdolny pojąć hasła walki o wolność, to myśl dlań jeszcze zbyt abstrakcyjna i nie zdoła przełamać bierności tego ludu. Kiedy pańszczyźniano-urzędniczy ucisk stanie się już nie do zniesienia, chłop rosyjski rozprostuje plecy i rzuci mścić się na swoich ciemięzcach, grabić, niszczyć i wyrzynać. Ale taki krwawy i okrutny bunt jest tylko koniecznym od czasu do czasu oczyszczeniem i utwierdzeniem samodzierżawia. Gdy zemsta zostanie nasycona i gniew ucichnie, chłop wyciągnie ręce do carskiego „pry stawa", by wrócił dawny spokój i porządek, nie jest bowiem zdolny sam stworzyć nowego, innego ładu

rp.pl/Plus-Minus/305059919-Barbaria-czyli-tlumaczenie-Rosji.html#ap-1

Denwhat I can't see what you're writing because you're just too little!

I red a book about Putin's rise to power and it looks like that the oligarchs were all in the same circles of leningrad's university (especially in business and law), also basically anyone who is opposing Putin abroad is an outcast of the previous Yeltsin rule.
Is it true?

Literally the same assmad Pole in every thread.

Why do you care about Putin and our taxes so much? Fuck off.

I'm not a communist. Didn't live a single year in the USSR. Actually I work in family business.

Mostly. Its natural to put on valuable posts guys you trust, your friends so i'm not surprised here. Some part of Yeltsin's elite is crushed, some escaped, some made a deal and live within current political system.

пpивeт! я paдилcя в мocквe, 10 лeт в aмepики. зимoи aбpaтнo в мocкбю. cлoжнo пo pycкoмю пecaт и читaтъ.... хaтeлб в apмию нa гoд, нo вpaтли вaзъмyт c тaким язyъкoм...

How bad is it (my spelling)?

> Thats like if Great Britain today would have kept all its colonies in Africa like Nigeria, Zimbabwe and South Africa and people would point to the UK and say "Look! England has one of the highest homicide rates in the world!"

London is multi-ethnic and bigger than moscow. Still there is less homicide than in Moscow.

Tadjik-tier, lol.

Variety show-tier t b h

>Why do you care about Putin and our taxes so much?
I just like saying bitter truths. I know I trigger people and I like seeing their reaction. We all know Pootin robs you of your tax money and work in general

> London is multi-ethnic and bigger than moscow. Still there is less homicide than in Moscow.

Moscow is bigger, AFAIR. And with all the "unchecked migration" it could be close to 20mln.

Kek

Here's where I live. Not in that exact house, but in this neibourghood.