Speed vs Strength

Why are so many fags angry about this scene?
Speed beats strength. Doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't hit your opponent. Eventually size makes you tired and you become weak like a lamb waiting for the slaughter.
Speed beats strength. Every. Time.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_infantry_tactics#Training
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One hit with massive cock and you're dead, getting poked by 2 inch wonder is annoying

Video games are exactly like real life and dex builds always win

>dex builds
>not maxing out luck
Pleb.

bravo OP, you've figured out that defending this scene is easy (you)s

Why is why lower weight divisions are better than higher ones, oh wait.

I actually kekd out lout

>rapier parries a claymore

that's why you stupid fucking dildo. they tried and failed horribly at making arya look like some kind of sword master.

>all these fat fags trying to justify being overweight
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAH
Smalllets > Fatlets

Collegiate sprinter and high school state champion football player here.
Strength>Speed
Every time

Did you score 4 touch downs in one game?

A weapon > Strength
Every time.

Why would she ever be facing backwards??

fucking retards, these maneuvers are easy to perform if you have knowledge of angles

well she has a rapier so shes fencing. which means you use your enemies weight against them like judo with a sharp stick. shes not parrying, its more like adding more momentum to the claymore to out balance her weight. also in terms of fighting, a knight has a different attitude than a ruthless assassin.

post the webm

>speedy little shit gets in a flurry of weak blows
>starts running their fucking mouth
>STR recovers and DEX gets BTFO in one hit
not like that ever happened in the series

>Speed beats strength. Every. Time.
Which is why the small fast guy always BTFO the bigger stronger guys in any fighting discipline huh.

Did everyone suddenly forget Oberyn vs. The Mountain?

>speed vs strength
>implying you can't have both

That's a fake laugh

That's not a very good argument, since it's extremely clear that if Oberyn hadn't been an emotional little shit he would've killed The Mountain very quickly

Somebody make an Arya version of that math formulae meme.

What was the point of this scene exactly? For Sansa to get jelly? and Littlefinger to see what Arya is capable of?

Very solid, 7/10. You also should have posted something about personal martial arts experience.

A real life dex build is someone like Bronn. Not a teenage girl who does three useless movements for every useful one. Not to mention she'd get pushed the fuck back.

>Speed vs Strength
Yeah that's why Medieval knights never wore any plate armour and fought with tiny swords.

But Oberyn completely outclassed the Mountain. He didn't recover from the injuries either, he died and was resurrected as a zombie. Oberyn lost because he got cocky, but his fighting style was objectively superior.

Gun > Sword
Every time.

quality bulid masterrace reporting in

Exactly.

Which is why from Classical Antiquity to the late Medieval period you'd often see women fighting in the front lines of combat as they're far more agile. They dont need the muscle mass of men to wear heavy armor or carry shields because they just dodged everyones attacks with ease.

>teleports behind you

Obyrn went through multiple Spears. Has he not been given more and more he would have been BTFO

Strength and speed work in tandem and are not mutually exclusive.

That's why people like Iron Mike was so feared in his prime - heavyweight with the speed of a lightweight

Came here to post this

You missed the part where the goblin was stunned for several seconds by the kick.

>being big is the same as being slow

kek you beta virgins got anymore insight to share?

this. some generals even went out of their way to time the battles just right so the female soldiers would be on their period and could spray the enemy with blood to blind them.
all the strength in the world won't help you when you can't see.

But she would have dead in a real fight. Brienne kicked her to the ground, she could have easily finished her off.

You're a big guy.

Knights were always trained to be as fast as possible. In fact, I can't think of any elite fighting force in history that hasn't emphasized speed and maneuverability as key elements of their training.

>Watching with family
>This scene happens
>Brother looks to me and says
"What a joke"
>I reply
"I kno rite''
>Mum responds
''DON'T''

She's a YASS QUEEN SLAY sort of fan. anything with empowered females really

they at castle black or winterfell here whats happening

You don't need to be particularly strong to inflict lethal damage with a sword or dagger.

Precisely. Furthermore these women would often be armed with extremely small swords so that they could get around the enemy shields more easily.

I wasn't angry about this scene much. Obviously Arya is an amazing dueliest but shes still going to be useless compared to Brienne in a real battle because of her size

winterfell they just sparring

>americans
>knowing shit about health and fitness
Fucking LOL

He knew he was going to be given multiple spears. Had it been a different set of rules or no rules at all, he'd have probably fought differently. Also if he really ran out of weapons, he could just casually jog away from the Mountain and there would literally be nothing he could do to stop him.

>implying fighting on the front lines is the same as dueling

If strength was so important then why didn't medieval knights and infantrymen do any kind of strength training?

probs trying not to die of famine

>Speed beats strength. Doesn't matter how strong you are if you can't hit your opponent. Eventually size makes you tired and you become weak like a lamb waiting for the slaughter.
>Speed beats strength. Every. Time.

Please shout your 12 year old mouth.

You don't know shit about sword fighting, arya can not parry Briennes swings.

Needle would break or get stuck in Briennes blade and Arya would die probably in1-2 seconds.

Most sword fights lasted only a few seconds this parrying moving around bullshit by Arya has never happened in real life.

Now take your dex build and go back to gaming where this imaginary bullshit belongs to.

LITTLE

realtalk dis was made to make u whitebois feel better about dat little white cock

Women aren't more agile than men

Can a feather duster parry a sledgehammer? In westeros it can

You didn't need elite athlete strength on the front lines, you just needed the basic strength of an average, healthy adult man, because those were usually also your opponents.

>knights
>dying of famine

Just admit that in a swordfight, strength has very little to do with it.

Wrestling? Okay. The bigger guy wins 9 times out of 10. Swordfighting? Almost nothing to do with strength.

Stop getting your fight knowledge from DBZ

You need the strength to actually swing or stab the sword with any type of power. The stronger you are, the faster you can recover from your swings and the more damage they will do.

>If strength was so important then why didn't medieval knights and infantrymen do any kind of strength training?

They did strength training that would kill a modern man.

>why didn't medieval knights and infantrymen do any kind of strength training?
Source on that ridiculous claim?

Holy shit, user is right.

If 2 equally skilled people were sword fighting and one had a huge strength advantage over the other who do you think would win?

>Watching a show about incest with your mom.
Nice.

I don't watch the show.
I did watch the scene though.
What a fucking joke it was, holy shit. Such a brittle sword can't parry for shit against such a huge sword, especially vs. someone with the build and the training of Brienne. That woman is a beast, and having a big build doesn't equate being slow, that only works for murricans after they ate too many burgers.

>If strength was so important then why didn't medieval knights and infantrymen do any kind of strength training?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_infantry_tactics#Training

[X] doubts

There's only one major flaw with your reasoning. In reality massive strength also equates with massive speed.
You don't believe me? Max your "speed" and then try fighting a heavy weight boxer as a skinny fuck using only your "speed". Then come back here and tell what happened.

You need enough strength to be able to swing your sword and enough stamina to do it for hours on end.

You don't need to be particularly strong. Technique is far more important.

>They did strength training that would kill a modern man
[citation needed]
Given that the average height for a man in the middle ages was about 5'6", I really doubt that.

She used the perfect angle, that's all there is to it.

>why didn't medieval knights and infantrymen do any kind of strength training?
Except for wrestling, heavy sparring, ungodly amounts of marching and so on? Endurance and discipline were far more important than strength, but you're an idiot if you make the claim that they didn't drill soldiers to be strong enough to use their fucking equipment properly.
>Medieval

What if prime mike tyson wielded needle? I bet he could parry a nuke

>Standards varied over time, but normally recruits were first required to complete 20 Roman miles (29.62 km or 18.405 modern miles) with 20.5 kg in five summer hours (the Roman day was divided into 12 hours regardless of season), which was known as "the regular step" or "military pace".[7] They then progressed to the "faster step" or "full pace"[7] and were required to complete 24 Roman miles (35.544 km or 22.086 modern miles) in five summer hours loaded with 20.5 kilograms (45 lb).
Would you have made the cut, Sup Forums?

>>Medieval
>1453
>Not medieval

I didn't know they had gyms in the middle ages bro.

The more skilled fighter. Strength has very little to do with it.

Go get the strongest guy in the world, give him a sword or spear and put him up against a little shaolin monk with a scimitar or halberd and watch him get carved up like a turkey.

This only works because both have swords, Needle can penetrate Brienne in some area's as much as Brienne'se sword can basically wreck Arya.

However if without weapons then perhaps Brienne would win.

If with multiple Brienne's then Brienne would probably still win.

>roman
>medieval
Before you mention MUH BYZANITUM the article specifically lists equipment that was was the republican/early imperial era.

You're retarded and your bait is pathetic. Enjoy the (You)s, dipshit.

t. buttblasted faggot with zero arugments
Bye faggot

lmao you're not even trying here

>can you walk 20 miles in 10 hours carrying a 50 pound pack

Sure, but I wouldn't be fucking happy about it.

Even people who legitimately believe this shit put more effort into their posts. Cmon dude

>specifically lists equipment that was was the republican/early imperial era.
>Vegetius
>Republic/early

It workers because the writers made it so. Fancy spinning from a little teenage girl can't beat an armored knight who's arms and weapon both have DOUBLE the reach of her opponents, especially one who's also supposedly a good duelist and can fight dirty as fuck.
Literally:
>keep your distance
>point your sword at arya and thrust it at her

>speed beats strength
>not understanding the core concept of the strength-velocity curve and strength training's effect on it in 2017

Fucking normies should die already

>scuta, gladius and pila
This might come as surprise to you but a historian can write about events that occured before his life; that also doesn't mean that he lived during those times.

Hah you actually believe this, amazing. I'd bet my life savings that you spend most of your time jacking off over animes with little girls overpowering everyone in their way.

You haven't refuted anything I've said.

Swordfighting is mostly reflexes and hand eye coordination. Literally DEX.

How dumb do you have to be to believe that muscles are going to win a swordfight. Only 4channers who've never left their basement or done any contact sport could be this delusional.

I said they were both equally skilled fool. Don't even know why i'm replying to your obvious bait

>point your sword at arya and thrust it at her
This. Why did the great lummox only swing giant overhead strikes instead of just thrusts? I'd like to see a little girl parry that with her pissy little rapier.

You're projecting there neckbeard. I don't even like anime.

Again, you can't refute a single thing I've said because you have never done any contact sports or martial arts in your life. Get out of your basement sometime dude.

Yeah thats why contact sports have "speed categories" and not "weight categories".

Right OP?

People are never equally skilled you retard. The winner is obviously more skilled. That's what the contest is there to decide.

>boxing and swordfighting are the same thing

This is what happens when virgins on an anime forum think they have a clue about martial arts. Fucking hilarious.

Logic vs 20 Good Men

who wins?

But Brienne more than once actually strikes at Arya and she parries the blows like nothing with a laughably tiny sword. Was that also her great dexterity? Each blow should have ended the fight.