The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 4: Mutant Massacre (Part 24)

What's up, mah muggas?

It's about time these two groups fought again.

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/marvel-entertainment-please-include-x-men-fantastic-four-characters-in-more-games-cartoons-merchandise-etc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best hero in capeshit has arrived!

>Shoppers, thank heavens, tend to be quite receptive
SHOTS FIRED

When's the last time we saw a superhero stop a meteor from crashing towards Earth?

>*Earth
Thanks?

Hey look, it's She-Hulk again.

sorry if I sound inflammatory, but geez, the Avengers were lame back then.

Any team that has Dr. Druid in it becomes 500% lamer by default. It's just how it is. But they weren't A-listers back then, so it makes sense.

Ah yes, any man that laughs sinisterly like that is to be trusted!

I don't know if Ursa Major is one of the lamest or coolest heroes I've ever seen.

Stern vs Magneto!

And finally, the X-Men.

>that mosquito trick

this is actually one of the better Avengers runs, the mini aside, Stern killing it.

oh Summers boys

80's Silvestri is good, but as you can see here, very same-facey.

This page is pretty much Stern trying to make his case that Magneto was a total scumbag.

i love the "he was deaged so those crimes shouldn't count" move.

>comparing Mags to Hitler
Classic.

also i think it was the FF vs mini that said the X-Men had been around for ~10 years

jeez Cap.

i forgot about the volcano thing in 150.

>that last panel
Talk to the hand, bub.

And there's these chucklefucks!

>No, we won't listen to reason! We're Marvel heroes, that means we have to fight!

Well, that's not ominous at all.

Well Stern was in the camp of Marvel staffers that loved the Silver Age stuf more than Claremont's run. He played a part in the whole Jean Grey retcon, although it was just passing information between people

Silver Age X-Men had like 15 fans and most of them ended up working for the company

Recaps in miniseries always feel so silly, especially in a friggin' second issue.

It always confused me why the made AvX out to be such a huge deal like superheros have never fought each other before and this was a revolutionary event.

>...yet they still protect him! Why?!?
They're not "protecting" him, ya dumbass. The only ones who are actually in your way are the X-Men.

Reminder that when they offed Bruce Banner, Alonso said it was "uncharted territory" for them. As if.

>Storm and Dr Druid vs a Bear

lol

if that can happen you'd think we'd have a Sup Forumsmrade or two at the big 2

And the X-Men just get the hell out of there while everyone's fighting like a dummy!

Man, X-Men just pissing in EVERYBODY's Cheerios at this point.

Well the fan community was smaller. People got hired who were active in fanzines and the like

Today Marvel just hired comic journalists to be wrtiers

Lieber is sort of a Sup Forumsmrade? An honorary one at least.

They were the top dogs and yet the underdogs at the same time.

He came to us. He was drawn in by Superior Foes and his resolved was tested when JSA storyteller posted his 90's Hawkman work

Funny that you storytime the X-Men Vs. Minis, this month is the 20th anniversary of X-Men Vs. Street Fighter.

Sorry Stern, still not buying Dr. Druid as a badass.

They were still rising stars at this time. The X-Men didn't really start to take off as superstars until the Paul Smith era

Byrne says a lot of dismissive things or back handed compliments about Smith, one of them was that he was on the right comic at the right time

Nah he came when an old namefag(rip internet man) storytimed a book he did. Underground. he showed up, stuck around, and was friendly, the book sold a shit ton, and a legend began

Still, it takes balls to come to Sup Forums of all places. Spencer wouldn't last a day here.

poor Spencer is gonna lose his mind before the elections over.

He already has desu, I follow him on Twitter and hoo boy, lemme tell ya, it ain't a pretty sight.

I want a team of all the Nation Heroes now, maybe fighting aliens for earth or something. Captains America and Britain, Guardian, Vanguard, I think there's an Israeli hero? probably some others I'm forgetting.

that's what i was talking about.

Love that last beat panel.

>it takes balls to come to Sup Forums of all places

Brandon Graham only has one and he comes here sometimes

I wouldn't part with that helmet, honestly.

I mean he's already been beaten by mind fuckery once this miniseries

Well, you'll be happy to know that future A-List Avengers mainstay Wolverine is at least in this one.

Also, obviously the Avengers were going to be at a down point here, they aren't far out from Under Siege, one of the top ten all time Avengers stories, easy. Nowhere to go but down from there.

There was that Super-Soldiers thing in Ultimates 2 with Captain Spain, France and Italy, but it didn't really go anywhere.

heh

Captain Britain is too busy battling nightmare dimensions with the other Captain Britains to worry about Earth

Oh and I guess he runs a school for teenage meta humans?

On injuries thing, to people unfamiliar with Simonson Thor- Thor don't heal no more at this point because of a curse. His armour is there to keep his bones intact/pointing in the right directions.

I don't think he's actually involved with the school's day to day.

why the hell isn't that showing up in hopeless x-babies?? perfect spot for it

>one of the better Avengers runs
I'll throw down a gauntlet and say Roger Stern is THE Avengers writer

Also did a great job with Spider-Man and Doctor Strange

You know, there really was no reason for you to attack the Avengers like that, guys.

Russian Guy Who Turns Into Bear is cool, X-user.

Hard to argue. I really like Michelinie's stuff.

Stern's def one of the most underrated Big 2 guys, you never hear about him. Didn't he like "Fix" Spider-man after a couple bad runs?

you know what the problem is, no kids to yell at them to chill out for a goddamn second.

I mean, it is pretty cool in a certain way, but it's also kind of cliche? I dunno.

Yeah, where's Franklin Richards when you need him?

The X-Men love to fight other teams huh?

I have no idea what takes place between Conway and Stern

Marvel heroes in general love it. It's in their DNA ever since Namor fought the first Human Torch.

literally issue 2 of avengers has the team fighting

Whoopsie. missed a page. This goes before

It's like when two dogs see each other through a window. They just fucking freak out then they smell butts and become friends

Now that's one hell of a cover.

>S-some of my best friends are mutants...!

Ursa in the bottom 2 panels is killing me

That's why I love the fact The Thing in Civil War and Luke & IF in Civil War II basically said fuck this noise.

>fuck this noise
Same with the X-Men. Honestly the X-Men's appearances in Civil War are all unintentionally funny

> Scott I want to talk to you about Registration
> Carol are you fucking serious

Huffy bear is huffy.

Oh yeah, Black Knight's silly robo-pony.

A shame none of Darkstar's Champions teammates are in this version of the X-Men or Avengers.

I like Civil War's
>Close up during the conversation between Emma and Stark
>cut to wide shot of fucking Sentinels on the school grounds.

Hey, that's yellowface, sister!

Not to do too much reposting, but I figured aeons in an X-thread would dig this.

Sign the petition to Marlel in the hopes of getting more of the X:

change.org/p/marvel-entertainment-please-include-x-men-fantastic-four-characters-in-more-games-cartoons-merchandise-etc

fucking hate black knight.

it's totally irrational btw

>robo-pony.
The High Evolutionary really does suck, he can't even make robo-ponies that look like ponies

Now Apocalypse gets it right

He's... alright I guess? I never really liked him either. I feel like the character should have been handled very differently, but that's just me.

It won't work, but what the hell, I'll sign.