Street Sharks

So, why did this series fall into obscurity but TMNT is still beloved today?
And before anyone throws a fit, I'm not saying TMNT doesn't deserve it, I'm just curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DvqXRFPU_aQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rRZYt-Ef9Ws
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcp02ik-Qg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Merch. That's literally it

thread/

So does this show hold up? I remember kid me liking it but then again kid me was a moron

I dont know the exact reasons, but i vaguely remember the toys being prohibitavely expensive compared to tmnt.

Needed a cross over with TMNT, Street Sharks, Biker Mice from Mars and that show with the Mummies. Oh and animated Power Rangers. Forgetting anyone?

But I bought a Street Shark toy.

The Cowboys of Moo Mesa...and...Battletoads.

Bucky O Hare

Street Sharks was just a cartoon and toys. TMNT has established an entire framework of stories from comics, movies, and the cartoons and toys on top of them.

It didn't have enough adjectives in the title.

Why does the duck have four arms?

Alien animals universe

a-absolutely...

Because it was stupid AND ugly.

Extreme Dinosaurs.

It was incredibly homoerotic, watch it again you'll see

Mattel gave up on it.

Playmates, bless their heart, have been pushing TMNT for three decades.

Unless you also happen to be millions of people that doesn't really mean much

Holy mackerel, I'd forgotten about that show, but I really liked it as I recall.

An "Aniverse", if you will.

what means homerotic?

Bah, if only that show premiered a year earlier.

1997 just HAD to be the year I started middle school and could therefore no longer watch weekday morning cartoons...

extreme dinosaurs or dinonosaucers

captain simian and the space monkeys. samurai pizza cats if you want to pull anime into this

Dino Squad? Alienators: Evolution Continues?

TMNT was the original. It came first and saturated the market. Everything else was an attempt to cash in.

too bad the toys tanked

youtube.com/watch?v=DvqXRFPU_aQ

JAWESOME

I drew me some Streex, because Street Sharks is JAWESOME

the first time seeing the crossover my childboner was unstoppable

TMNT aired in the 80's, Street Sharks in the 90's that's why.

>greatest doggie anthro desing

Pfft, I've seen better on deviantart

Because it was seen as a TMNT rip off, it came after the pop culture phenom that was TMNT to capitalize it, but it wasn't the pop culture phenom itself

nya-hah thereĀ“s your comedy

I wish I had seen this at some point in my childhood. It would have been grand.

Plus by the time Street Sharks came around, the TMNT train was already slowing down so hitching a ride on it wasn't really going to take you far. From what I remember Power Rangers knockoffs were the next big thing and Mattel apparently didn't get the memo.

It was even a rough collie

Power Rangers had a few copycats in the mid-90's, but I don't think there was any one thing that replaced Ninja Turtles as the big thing everyone wanted to emulate.

Jurassic Park IS directly responsible for the surge of dinosaur related stuff in the mid to late 90's, though.

>internet ruined the image of tallking animals

>can't show onkine apreciation easy

To be fair, most of the copycats was Saban trying to cash in on their own lightning in a bottle.

And the times that weren't, well...

youtube.com/watch?v=rRZYt-Ef9Ws

Hey, that's pimp. Good job.

I think this will provide a good answer
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcp02ik-Qg

This easily seems like it could a an SNL skit from the 90's. All they needed was a "episode" that started all normal and had a goofy non sequitur thrown in. Kinda like Mad TV's Rocket Revengers only for power rangers instead of old serials

Dog girls are so uncommon, but catgirls are overwhored.

But it was a cool toy.

i had a streetsharks bike when i was 4-5. it was the best thing in my life at that age

Despite Street Sharks being a blatant TMNT ripoff and the show being as uninspired as uninspired gets, the toys WERE very nice so I can understand them being more expensive

They generally were quite large, had really great detail, and usually cool gimmicks....compare to the relatively smaller and rather static TMNT toys, with their pull apart peg non painted weapons in all their cheapo glory

Because it was a rip off of teenage mutant ninja turtles and at the time many other cartoons were also ripping off ninja turtles.