Person who can fly and is strong

>Person who can fly and is strong
>"THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING"

>Person who carries around an item that proves the existence of the supernatural, souls and the afterlife
>No one cares

Well his existence also proved aliens exist

Katana doesn't seem either very well known or very believed in her assertion that her sword eats souls.

Basically this. Which makes Rick's introduction really fucking stupid, because he sounds like a insane jackass on the helicopter.

I said that too, and I got responses of "Of course they are okay with souls being confirmed real. They're in superhero world, duh!"

I thought it was supposed to be more he was being sarcastic or he's a believer Seriously though WHY was she his bodyguard? the teeniest tiniest bit of backstory makes her seem revenge oriented, she's not a soldier, as far as we see she has no ties with anyone there, and being there doesn't get her closer to her goals, why was she there other than DC really wants Katana to be big?

>this proves that souls and the afterlife
>lol how?
Do you believe in Haunted houses user? Cause those prove that an afterlife exist as well.

Cause she's a Samurai and needs to serve a lord.

>person who carries around an item that she claims is supernatural
>we're just supposed to take her word for it

Im surprised Waller didnt confiscate the sword for study

>be government scientist
>mean black boss lady who scares you gives you a sword
>Figure out how this work
>???

The thing that confused me most is that they go to the trouble of introducing her, tell us what her deal is, and do functionally nothing with her. she barely interacts with the cast as I recall.

A sword that can seal souls? Wouldn't that have been a good setup to say, re-seal enchantress? I thought that was where the narrative was going anyway.

Yeah an user points out despite it being solely her job to look after Hick, he's constantly getting abducted and the SKWAD is the one saving him not her.

Rick's literally fucking a witch. I think it's within reason to assume he's past his 'magic doesn't exist' phase.

Jus sayin.

Considering all the bits in the trailer with the souls reflecting off her sword and her eyes going all spooky, I'd bet 75% of everything Katana-related got fucking gutted out of the final cut.

one of the most retarded statements to date

Katana didn't go public.

She needed that introduction so she could have that moment where she's crying and talking to the sword. You know, that super important emotional scene where we finally see the real side of this character we don't know or care about.

Probably.
I do know she felt completely unnecessary in the theatrical cut. She served like no purpose at all.

Why did they squeeze her boobs into that small shape?

How many times we have to repeat that BvS was a mistake and a disaster?
We know, it made no sense, the initial idea was dumb and ti fuck ups the rest of the universe.

Deal with it already

We're talking about everyone else on the helicopter listening to him explain Kitana user.

Fuck you, BvS is great.

I'm just saying that there would be scientific measure that "Prove" Souls exist through Katana's Katana but we can definitely prove that Aliens exist through Superman.

Greatly shit you mean.

thats the answer though, once Superman arrives everything is fair game

> it made no sense, the initial idea was dumb and ti fuck ups the rest of the universe

hahah wow, how can someone be so idiotic

Shes meant to be ricks bodyguard but does nothing when he gets carried off.

Vision is so jelly of Rick.

Its a shame.

I was under the impression that Waller and the govt. already knew about magic and stuff, but alien from outer space wasn't on their radar.

She even knows Batman's identity.

>the discovery of an entirely unknown type of energy
>not a bigger deal than fucking aliens

Everyone already knows that souls and the afterlife exist. It's only le fedoras who claim otherwise.

There was supoosedly a deleted scene of too with her and another with Boomer. They were kinda flirty at lest on boomer's end

The point is that the govt. knew about metas...not aliens.

That's about it

>the way her boobs are squashed like that
gets me everytime

I don't care what any of you say. I still want to bang Katana.

Then they could've alluded to that. Being critical of her lackluster character doesn't mean we don't want to bang her as well.

What about the guy who can literally climb anything

I think everyone wants to bang her

>Vision is so jelly of Rick.
Don't worry Vision will get his happy ending when he makes his family in his stand alone movie.

Yeah magic in a dc universe cant possibly work as a new thing.

Most of the magical heros were suddenly granted there powers but almost all the villans spent years learning.

I like the idea that magic is slowly waking up all over the world, like Supes was a signal to the rest of the world to up their game.

Oh look its another double digit IQ atheist who happens to be a pop science enthusiast

DCEU is a mess. SSQ just wants you to accept that magic obviously exist even if in MoS and BvS there was no indication of any magic sans WW being immortal/ever young (if it qualifies for magic)

But here suddenly government accepts "I have a witch"! with yeah, whatever attitude and with close to none excitement or freak out moments and "yeah and that woman there has a soul-stealing sword that also has a soul of her husband within it" amazes absolutely nobody.

Shit universe that took more shortcuts than developed actual plot.

Task Force X is fucked without him if the next Superman appears.

magic's existence was irrelevant in both previous movies however they really jammed in the idea that it's weird ass world right in the middle where they introduced the future justice league, plus the time traveling flash. Also nobody is amazed by Katana's sword because nobody believes it. But really what would be the proper way to introduce magic because accepting it exists seems like a fine way to work with it rather than awkwardly pussyfooting around it.

Samurai haven't existed since 1873, yo.

She could try.

Also, why the fuck should Katana, the rest of the squad, or indeed the audience give a fuck about Flag? It was him sticking his dick where it shouldn't belong that got them into this mess.

It's not going to look impressive if you use it to mow the lawn more than anything else.

MoS was taking place in pretty much 'our' world that dealt with the first contact with another race.

Superman wouldn't be half as interesting for the military in MoS with all his heat vision and flying if the world was accustomed to it. And apparently it must have been familiar with people with supernatural powers because El Diablo had a long ass career of flaming things.

I won't be defending MCU here but it really has a sense of logical build up to where it goes, when compared to what DCEU offers which feels like skipping to issue #30 after a few pages of prologue.

They could've at least pretend there's one giant event that is an origin to everything, like in CW Flash. But I guess trying to have a foundation of anything in not a Time Warner thing when everything can be explained on Comic Con panels

>This supernatural hero changed everything! He's making freaks crawl out of their holes!
>...hence i need to assemble a team of freaks that have been around for a decade or so already
>btw don't tell Batman, the veteran hero

SKWAD was under the impression that if Rick should die, it meant they got punished or killed. Katana is....his bodyguard.
Diablo just had fire powers, and from the looks of the newspapers they thought he was an arsonist, they probably didn't even know what he was until they had prison footage of him vaporizing the yard. A giant event where all the freaks come from would be kind of lame, I hate when they do that, it's much better to have a freaky varied world than to have everything be "Superman pissed in a stream and every single metahuman was sitting downstream and got hit by the run off" The board of shadowy figures was also pretty shocked by a legit witch as well and they found her in a hole like a week ago. To be fair Superman was just off being an urban legend for like 20 years before he destroyed half of New York. Most the other freaks are an alligator guy who eats people and a juggalo. Not really the same.
Honestly I'm happy to get a movie that wasn't afraid to pussyfoot around the idea that it was a crazy superhero world and you've just gotta deal with it. I just wish it was in a better movie.

My pet theory is that Batman somehow knew about the plan after finding out that some of his rogues gallery went missing from jail, put two and two together, got Katana to go undercover (which is why we didn't get much backstory or lines, but she was given more screen time than almost half the other characters), and is planning on eventually using her to get his own team of "backup heroes" (read: OUTSIDERS) together for when shit goes tits up around the Apokolips invasion.

How do you introduce magic? Have Batman looking at some files, finding some info on a guy in England (and the wake of people either going insane, dying, or straight up disappearing, and how it's all mysteriously linked to some nobody in a trench coat), and some rumors of a walking tree in Louisiana, and some hulking humanoid with wings that breathes fire and speaks in rhyme in France, and you have a good start.

Definitely, he is the only one that can climb to the levels of plot armor of both Superman and Batman