So what I'm supposed to get is that these two are the DC comics version of thelma and louisse or laverne and shirley

So what I'm supposed to get is that these two are the DC comics version of thelma and louisse or laverne and shirley

Two women who are best friends and would be considered lesbians if not for the fact they are attracted to men.

trying to decipher the harley Ivy sismance is like trying to figure out an angry bisexual

Harley and Ivy are pretty hetero most of the time
The only people who think they are lesbians are the ones who ship them a bit too much

Theyre friends who occasionally fuck. Also Im getting really tired of the "Holee ___!" joke

Laverne and Shirley is probably what their dynamic is based on but the whole running away from an abusive man aspect smacks of thelma and louisse too

They really do hit all the bullet points with female friendship

Except they're fucking in the comics now all the time.

non canon

IvyXHarley is one of the worst ships in comics ever.

Superman/Wonder Woman is up there too

But these are literally two of the BEST ships.

That is not true

Wow, what a shitty taste.

Superman/Wonder Woman is actually one of the worst ships there is in cape comics.

I really don't understand the appeal. All Harley is doing is leaving one abusive, manipulative psychopath for another

Its okay when women are abusive and psychopathic.

That body is abusing my dick.

To be honest, it depends which version we're talking about.

In the cartoons and comics written by Paul Dini Poison Ivy was still the egotistical control-freak who she originally was and she'd constantly be irritated and enraged by Harley Quinn's shenanigans despite them being friends. They were pretty much the Pink and the Brains.

In the comics written by other people Harley Quinn's obviously the leading girl in the relationship, with her constantly teasing and manipulating Poison Ivy into doing her bidding, because she knows Poison Ivy loves her and will do anything she ask.

>Superman/Wonder Woman
because?

>Girls that sex with girls and men
>lesbians
Sup Forums is really retarded.

>Harley and Ivy are pretty hetero most of the time
Just from watching BTAS, I had no fucking clue that Ivy apparently isn't full lesbo. She was using Dent, and Harley goes around her house with only a shirt on.

But Iceman has had several hetero relationships in the past, yet according to TeenJean he's full gay. Your point?

Really, man? I don't want to derail this thread.

comic writers suck.

Marvel is for the gays, DC is for the bisexual master-race.

Would you not call a men that lay with women /and/ men a homosexual?

How very tumblr of you

Depends, if you don't up your ass or shallow cum it's not really gay. All guys know that rule.

But user implied that he's not gay regardless

>bro don't swallow you'll be gay
>no dude I also fuck women so this doesn't make me gay *gulp*

>different continuity
Learn how to apply it.
Go on, not like anything is actually happening.

>Would you not call a men that lay with women /and/ men a homosexual?

obviously not, if he has sex with women and men.

Dude, swallowing another guy's gum is pretty gay. Come on. There's nothing wrong with hand-jobs and oral, but there are limits. Swallowing another dude's cum is pretty submissive and a clear indication that you've feelings for your friend.

And yet insists otherwise

I guess we'll never know

but if also fucks women then he isn't completely into men.
That's not gay.

Usually what connects Superman and Wonder Woman, when they're paired together, are all the things that separate them from humanity, and that is terrible basis for a relationship given who the characters are.

Nice try you're still gay

Its more of a 1 sided thing ivy clearly has a thing for harley.

Harley/ivy/joker is probably the most interesting love triangle in comics and i hope the inevitable harley film focuses on it without auctualy resolving it for another few films.

Theres just so many interpretations for it that work really well.

I wanted to see more out of Joker and Poison Ivy, not as friends, but as enemies. It would be interesting to see if Joker ever wronged Poison Ivy somehow, either as revenge or to rub in her face that his superior to her as a lover and man.

>you're still gay
Why? When did I ever disclose my sexual orientation? Why is it so hard to admit that there are people who enjoy having sex with men and women?

>Why is it so hard to admit that there are people who enjoy having sex with men and women?
Admit? I never disputed that statement.

You're the one who has trouble 'admitting' that having same-sex intercourse gets you labelled as a homosexual

harley's the abusive one, not ivy

Let me guess, you don't believe or acknowledge bisexualism.

please, posting out of context is FoxNews faggottry.

how does the context make it not abusive?

I don't ''believe'' in the need for that label. Man fucks a man, he's gay, regardless of what he does at other points in time

If you have consensual sex 50 times, and then commit rape twice, does that mean you're not a rapist? Does there need to be a special term for people who did commit rape, but not every time they had sex?

You're overcomplicating.

a man fucks a woman, he's straight regardless of what he does at other points in time

because of the context of the fight itself

reminder Palmiotti and Conner have said they're basically fuck buddies and in an open relationship

>Man fucks a man, he's gay, regardless of what he does at other points in time
can be
>Man fucks a woman, he's straight regardless of what he does at other points in time

You're picking and choosing your arguments.

This is embarrassing.

Are you implying you don't perceive straightness as a norm anymore?

A man isn't neutral until he's fucked a woman, that isn't an acquired state, or label.

>A man isn't neutral until he's fucked a woman, that isn't an acquired state, or label.
Giving ultimatums without rhyme or reason sure isn't fair.

That's not really how it works from the level of the person experiencing it. Despite population statistics gay people don't just assume they're straight from the start. And of course you shouldn't even be defining gay/straight based on sex alone anyway. Attraction is what determines things since it's possible to get turned on thinking of something else and still fuck a gender you're not actually into.

Anyway back to the main point, Harley and Ivy are canon bi.

>Despite population statistics gay people don't just assume they're straight from the start.
If they're bombarded with liberal propaganda from early childhood, sure, they might start to think about their sexual orientation before they actually experience any attraction. But you can't choose who you're attracted to, so why imply a choice? It is statistically ridiculous not to assume a child straight until proven otherwise.
>you shouldn't even be defining gay/straight based on sex alone anyway
Are you implying that willingly getting fucked in the ass does not make you a faggot?

So if a guy is attracted to men, but he only has sex with women, he's straight?

Don't knock it till you tried it

Harley using Ivy's feelings for her so she could beat her up?

I like Ivy as a lesbian or bisexual. I don't mind it. It could work for her character.

It makes absolutely zero sense for Harley to reciprocate, not just on a sexual level, but on a romantic level. Half of her character is based on being head over heels for the Joker, no matter how much DC tries to scrub that out of her and create a strong, hyper-independent womyn.

In the eyes of any observer, yes?

You don't call a kettle leaky until you've seen it leak, do you

>I will never be a qt meme waifu in the shower with another qt meme waifu washing her hair

Ah what the fuck does Jeen (and Bendis by proxy) know about the complexities of sexuality? Shoulda just made him bi and called it a day.

Really? So all those repressed gay men who marry women are actually straight?

Well the kettle stops leaking if you weld the hole shut doesn't it

Not much of a leaky kettle after that

Right, so a guy who's 100% attracted to men and 0% to women is straight, according to you

I don't think you know what repressed means

What, are you one of those people who think if you wish hard enough you can pray away the gay?

You're going off topic anyway

I never said gay people stopped being gay if they didn't act of their desires

I said that having same-sex intercourse makes you gay, which you still seem to be confused about

It'd be nice if you can speed up your learning process a bit, I gotta go in a few minutes

Even if they're still attracted to women too.

Well done, I knew it'd get through to you eventually

So gay people can be sexually attracted to women.

yeah but what about Harley and Ivy?

oh snap

Gay and straight refer to which gender you're sexually attracted to, not who you've had sex with. Somebody who's celibate can still be gay after all.

I've known super-gay dudes who've been married to women, and fathered children with them.

And so what?

Stop with your gay propaganda and agenda to sissify everyone. You are barely the 5%, and maybe less. Deal with it. Oh and this is just Bendis's shitty writing, ignoring continuity and a character's 50 years of history.

Japanese have a word (which i forgot) to describe a deep friendship, akin to a platonic love, between two heterosexual women.

Right, some of the ones who ship them a bit too much are writers now.

She's supposed to be a villain. Problem is writers treating like an anti hero.

>He says, regarding the medium with probably the largest proportion of redheads

>This is my girlfriend Harley. And this is Harley's girlfriend, Ivy.
How hard is that to understand? They are in a non-monogamous relationship, where they fuck eachother, but are also free to fuck other people. For dick, they needs guys, but for pussy, they have eachother.

>Believing that

Come on. That's a pretty poor excuse to not write them in any meaningful, and at the same time bait people with "oh-so-lesbian" shenanigans.

Actually, it doubles the potential of meaningful interaction. It's just that that potential is not being realized. Whether that has to do with the team, or the character, is up to interpretation, but their romantic status quo has nothing to do with the quality of writing.

It's all up to the writers, they got into this mess by saying "Oh but they are in a relationship" and then doing nothing about it. They could have perfectly dodge the question and give a bullshit answer, but they didn't now people are expecting more than simply bait with cutesy moments and a betamax Ivy

They're a pairing people prefer over HarleyXJoker because 1. it's girl on girl, 2. it's abusive, but in a way that's more fun and playful than depressing, and 3. everyone's getting tired of the Joker.

>2. it's abusive, but in a way that's more fun and playful than depressing

When will this meme end?

no, you fucking goofball
this is the exact reason why the word "bisexual" exists, for this exact situation
if i fuck your mom, and then fuck your dad afterwards, that makes me bisexual, not gay

Zing