So, I don't keep up with modern Marvel....but who the hell is this idiot? From what I recall...

So, I don't keep up with modern Marvel....but who the hell is this idiot? From what I recall, Mrs Marvel was supposed to have like your typical superhero combo of flying, strong, and shooting energy blasts or something, not be a One Piece ripoff with funny bubblegum limbs

0/10, didn't even get me to reply.

This is a shit thread. Post modern Marvel girls instead of taking the bait.

I'm serious, I'm watching some Avengers movie on Disney, they don't explain who she is she's just "Miss Marvel" and she has fucking Mr Fantastic powers in her arms or some stupid shit, what does this have to do with Mrs Marvel? That'd be like turning on a Justice League movie and someone pops up like I'M WONDER WOMAN, but she has inexplicable spider powers

Did the artist think he was being sneaky with his fetish here?

>Mrs Marvel
There is not now nor has there even been anyone named Mrs. Marvel. You're thinking of the original Ms. Marvel, who is currently going by Captain Marvel. Kamala is a relatively new character using the old Ms. Marvel name since Carol stopped using it years ago.

>Mrs Marvel
Perfect idea for a character. Evil clone of Princess Anelle obsessed with uniting a family with Mar-vell but unable to reconcile his death. Frequently antagonizes Carol, Kamala, Hulkling, and...are any of Mar's kids alive again?

His fetish for Gwens?

feet, I guess, but he has no reason to be sneaky it's obviously fetish shit to begin with.

>are any of Mar's kids alive again?
Other than Hulkling? No. Both Phyla and Genis are dead. Only other living relative he has is apperently some nephew that Bendis created for that arc where Mar-Vell came back to life, told Carol she should start calling herself Captain Marvel, then died again. His name is "Minister Marvel."

Which, to be fair, is actually a pretty good name. I still wish Carol would be calling herself Major Marvel instead of Captain. Major Marvel is such a great name that I'm shocked it hasn't been used at all.

They really should do a riff on the Marvel Family. Ms. Marvel is the Captain Marvel Jr., so have Major Marvel be a hyper-masculine male or something to parallel how Mary Marvel was the girl of the family so Major Marvel would be the boy. I still think Hulkling should rename himself King Marvel.

Oh wait, it wasn't Bendis' Avengers, it was Remender's Secret Avengers.

Well there is Mel-Varr AKA Kid Kree although he thinks Kamala is an Inhuman scum and Kamala thinks he sullies Mar-Vell's memory.

So it would be both of them squabbling and Carol facepalming.

The art and colouring of this picture is BEAUTIFUL!

This thread is stupid. OP, you're stupid.

So I see people aren't joking when they use the term "Marveldrones" are they

>fetish
Looks like he's got more than one.

Not like Genis was any better.

Serious question though, what did she have to call herself Ms. Marvel since she's nothing what a Ms. Marvel ought to be?
Why not come up with an original name and have ourselves an entirely new character?

>Why not come up with an original name and have ourselves an entirely new character?
Because if they had done that, instead of being a popular new character, we would have gotten a book that'd be cancelled by issue 6 and a character that would have almost immediately been thrown by the way side if not outright killed off in an event to show how "serious" things are.

New characters don't sell, full-stop.

Also, since trademarks need renewed through continual use, Marvel has a vested interested in continually publishing books they want to keep the names to even if they don't have any characters or teams currently filling that role. That's how we got stuff like the Ultimates name getting re-purposed or a continual stream of Captain Marvel books.

If they stop using the Ms. Marvel name entirely, then they risk having someone else steal the name from them like what happened with The Champions. By giving the Ms. Marvel name to a new character, that new character has a higher chance of success thanks to the legacy element and they get to keep publishing the occasional "Ms. Marvel" titled comics to keep that title from getting swooped up by the competition. It's a win-win.

As for why they didn't just give her the same powerset as Carol, well, Carol's powerset is pretty generic and not very interesting. Flying brick + energy absorption/blasts are a dime a dozen, but plastic man-style powers are actually pretty rare. Even Reed's powers don't really work the same as how Kamala's do.

?

>If they stop using the Ms. Marvel name entirely, then they risk having someone else steal the name from them like what happened with
You realize that process takes like SEVENTY YEARS right?

trademark, not copyright

You're thinking of copyright. Trademark turn around time is significantly quicker.

A trademark is only good for 10 years before it needs renewed and it's a use it or lose it situation.

That explanation was pretty succinct. What are you confused by?

Who would win?

Fuck. Forgot pic.

Ah, fair enough. Thanks for the info, boys

So they're just shit writers who can't write a good character, full stop.
Yeah, I kinda knew that already.

There is Monica Rambeau and there's Carol Danvers, one of them could be Ms. and the other Captain. If they're so inclined to use only women.
Kamala should have her own nickname and if she can't have it, it's because Marvel today is shit.

>I'm serious, I'm watching some Avengers movie on Disney, they don't explain who she is she's just "Miss Marvel"
You're watching her Avengers Assemble appearances before her book? Holy shit, you're not just a casual, you're a casual with terrible taste. Go and read her solo title before you embarrass yourself more here. Pirate it if you need to, but please, stop assaulting people with your stupid.

go fuck yourself

Nobody gives a shit about Monica Rambeau.

Replying in le epic bait thread.

B-b-b-but muh black strong womyn

And also nobody gives a shit about Kamala either if her sales are any indication.

Rambeau is happy with Spectrum and Carol got promoted to Captain Marvel you non-comic reading faggot.

>Not reading the new bullshit
>Not reading comics at all!
Sup Forums logic
My opinion is actually the opposite. If you read Marvel's new shit then you're not reading comics. Cause these aren't comics, they're shit.

And I didn't ask what happened to Monica and Carol now, did I?