Unsounded

Damn, that is just going to destroy their tourism market.

Other urls found in this thread:

consequential.net/2016/podcast-61-fantasy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Quigs just cannot catch a break today.

Can he ever? The closest he's come to ever beating a named character in the comic was Anadyne.

I'm trying to imagine what Duane sounds like without his jaw, and it's probably something like a ghoul from Warcraft 3.

So is rham going to lead a suicide charge against the crescians?

Holy shit, thread's dead today.

I absolutely love how closely Ashley juxtaposes seriousness and comic relief.

Double helpings two weeks in a row with no wait. What's this girl up to?

It's a chapter-ending climactic scene.
Last time, she just dumped like eight pages all at once.

So apparently she's gonna be taking a long break after this chapter. I don't think she specified how long, either.

Hold me, guys.

Aren't there usually breaks between chapters?

Still, yeah, fuck, and such.

I think she said this one's gonna be especially long.

>I don't think she specified how long, either.
From the way she made it sound, it wouldn't surprise me if it lasts until January.

I really really really hope I'm wrong.

>Damn, that is just going to destroy their tourism market.

Don't worry, Fat Mama has arrived to save the day from all these silly menfolk screwing up all their stuff.

Duane should exterminate that traitorous Black Tongue without mercy.

>filename
moderate kek

I mean theyve had two Cataclysms in the span of week if you count the spirit demon and Sette blowing up the dam as one and that government sanction kaiju attack as another. Now this fight with DBZ levels of collateral damage I think the towns pretty much ruined.

I have a feeling that Rahm isn't going to back down now. He'll feel he's too deep in this shit to not to see it through.

>caring about worst dad

Knowing Ashley we'll know exactly how long it is when she decides to take it.

Much rather be able to just forget about Unsounded for 6 months, knowing it will come back rather than having to check every couple of weeks in the vain hope it has returned.

>Knowing Ashley we'll know exactly how long it is when she decides to take it.
Oh, of course.
I'm just saying that since the last break was two months and this one is supposed to be "especially long," it wouldn't be surprising if she set the date for the comic's return in January or thereabouts.

I still hope I'm wrong about that, though.

I was about to say "I'm betting it's only 4 months" but fuck me that'd be January wouldn't it? Fuck where did the year go, I still think it's June.

At least she keeps to a schedule and always comes back, great art constant updates, this is why I buy her books.

Maybe it'll just be a two month break?

She's done that before.

This is way too sweet. I'm expecting Iori to get impaled on the next page.

Hopefully don't see the appeal of her character

Why would you hate the nice old lady?

OK, I'm trying get this straight

>Elka and Toma fall over waterfall
>Elka takes waterfall energy
>Throws it back over the top causing explosion in panel 2

correct?

What's with the lack of what's with all the niggers?

It took me a moment. I sat there wondering why his words were all jumbly - then it hit me: flappy jaw probably *would* mess up one's diction. I had a bad tooth pulled and lisped for a week. He's got it much worse!

If everyone else is like me. When routine breaks I'm bound to forget to check on time. Even just skipping one update.

Calm your titties I just got here.

What's with all the niggers?

>Calm your titties I just got here.
These tits are out of control!

Elka didn't do anything. The explosion was what the magic was supposed to do.

This scene looks less tragic than I expected. The shot of Duane turning to cast at Rahm and then Rahm having his moment with Iori is probably staying his hand. He's lucky Duane's such a soft touch in the end.

Or maybe Duane's going to blow both up for being filthy Crescians, but I doubt it.

They got pretty crazy, yeah.

Someone would probably pay to fuck that nasty titty mouth.

>I think she said this one's gonna be especially long.
Any ideas why? I'm hopping she's taking time to set up a kickstarter for the next book.

Just said that her buffer had fallen perilously low and that the next chapter had a lot of new shit she had to get properly sorted out art wise before they can be drawn.

We seem to be very close to the end of this chapter
I'm expecting Duane to kill Into trying to cast at Rahm

>Holy shit, thread's dead today.
I blame the disturbing lack of filthy little Shart girl. Hopefully once they kill off Elka, Toma, and Rham, we can get more fun/cute adventures with Sette and Matty.

>Killing off Elka and Toma

FUCK OFF

This is a good comic. I like this comic.

Rereading this chapter last evening to find a specific page helped remind me that even just this chapter has had some pretty standout pages. This one in particular does a nice job of illuminating that Sette's rather under nourished moral compass is primarily defined by her sense of fairness in the world, something that's come up a few times. She's a rotten little prick, but the inherent inequality and unfairness of circumstance in the world always rankles her.

I'd actually recommend anyone feeling a bit lost to reread the chapter real quick right now. It actually should help address some of the questions people have been asking about what's happening in the current hectic scene. Such as with the waterfall, which is actually brought up when Toma and Elka begin fleeing.

they literally did a Thelma & Louise off a cliff a page ago dude. They deed.

And so is the dog.

T-they just went home.

It was extremely metal guy's handiwork. He was charging up to blow everything to hell. For whatever reason, what he was doing was never explained

>just got here
YOU'RE NOT WWATN user! IMPOSTER! KILL HIM!

Still the best panel in the comic

So I just recently reread the comic and I've got one major question. There seems to be this fairly major world building point that just never expanded upon.

What's with all the niggers?

are there any though? all the black people seem to be fairly civilized so far

Agreed

Off a waterfall, with elka being a rather proficient spellwright.

Just found this consequential.net/2016/podcast-61-fantasy/

They do a little Unsounded review with some other comics and also have a pretty interesting conversation about fantasy in general.

>>Anonymous asked: Will we find out more about the old gods of Tain soon or is that on the back burner until our heroes stumble into Alderode?
>Wouldn’t it be a kicker if we’d already met and interacted quite a bit with one of the old gods of Tain?
So, who are you betting on, Sette, Tittybird, or Ashley's zombiefu?

It's obviously tittybird. It explains why she's so infatuated with Duane, who's ethnically Tainish. His ancestors used to be her people. Who is her "lost love" though? Probably Ssael.

Sorry user, Ashley just revealed the truth on tumblr.
It's actually ___Boo___.

>It's actually ___Boo___.

I don't necessarily agree, but it's probably worth pointing out that Pymary has to be done using the old Tainish language, if I recall correctly. It might make sense for one of the old Tain gods to turn out to be the current Patron of pymary arts, who incidentally can apparently only speak Tainish, at least in the Khert. I think it's not rendered as such when she briefly communicates with Rahm, but that might just be because she's using Bastion as an intermediary, or because Rahm himself would understand the language too being a wright, so it's just translated for us. Can't recall if there were translation marks.

Titbird has been mentioned in asks as speaking all possible languages since she's a creature of the khert. Sette not understanding her was either deliberate or something on sette's end.

>I never draw Ilganyag/Duane smut, only Ilganyag/Bastion.
The Duane/Ilganyag dream is dead

But Ilganyag/Duane isn't. In slash, the rapist's name goes first. Tittybird on zombie rape is on like Donkey Kong and I'm fine with that.

Huh, interesting. Someday I'll find the time to properly trawl through her asks on this sort of thing, just to see what people have asked,

Adopt a new dream, user, like cute Minnow/Duane interactions.
That reminds me, why did Bastion castrate himself, again?
But Ashley just said she doesn't do Ilganyag/Duane, user. Let it go.

>That reminds me, why did Bastion castrate himself, again?
Because bloody ritual castration is the initiation ritual to join the Black Tongues.

Bastion castrated himself? When was that?

When he joined the black tongues

As part of the whole Black Tongues "deal," its members all chop off their own balls and tattoo their tongues.

Thus, both Rahm and Bastion are eunuchs.

Seriously? Was this in the comics or what?

Ashley's explained it a few times. My guess is that it'll show up in the comic eventually.