Really good dramatic animated movie. Anybody have any suggestions for movies like this?

Really good dramatic animated movie. Anybody have any suggestions for movies like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsKuotiv7LA&list=PLrjhOUTfRro7ro9MjrNV_W5gwFCMbSxEu&index=6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

YOU WHO

YOU'RE PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW

I SEND THE SWARM
I SEND THE HORDE
THUS SAYETH THE LORD

MUD

The direct-to-video followup, Joseph: King of Dreams is on Netflix. It's not good and has nothing to do with Prince of Egypt other than being biblical and sharing an artstyle. But it exists.

Eggs and pickles

I actually wish this had gotten a sequel or an animated series, there was a lot of lore potential there. It had its quirks but it was a pretty cool movie all things considered. Kind of gave me a One Piece vibe for whatever reason

The Road to El Dorado is another DA film from that era. Same art style, and I really liked it, though it wasn't as well received critically (or financially). Definitely more of a comedy.

If what you really liked was the soundtrack, Anastasia is the only other animated film I can think of that comes close in terms of music quality, other than Disney staples that you're probably already aware of.

If you're just looking for dramatic animated movies, well... studios don't really like making those. It's starting to change, but for the most part animation is still the realm of PG comedy. The Prince of Egypt is a rarity, at least in western animation. Mary and Max is excellent, though nothing whatsoever like PoE.

>that Eris

WE WUZ PRINCES AND SHIIIT HOMEY!!!
In all seriousness it was a great move.

Joseph King of Dreams

> Watched this as a kid
> It somehow wasn't the start of my femdom fetish
For some reason that didn't awaken til way later.

My brother and I went to a costume party dressed as Tulio and Miguel where the house caught fire.

The two are not connected.

This and Persepolis go in "Movies that make you want to fucking die"

I freaking love her animation. The way her hair floats so smoothly.

Bambi is the first thing to cross my mind.

FASTER!

SAAAAND

The Hunchback of Notremdame is a pretty adult flick and deals with religion too. Not as profoundly as Prince of Egypt, but it's still pretty good.

>Notremdame

>Give that guy a raise

Great film. My professor worked on it (animation student.) I'd recommend Plague Dogs, The Iron Giant, Fantastic Mr Fox, Grave of the Fireflies, Song of the Sea, Rango, Felidae, Secret of NIMH, Watership Down.

>Grave of the Fireflies
>Sup Forums

I watched this recently and what struck me was the scope of the film.
It felt like a grand, classic film that you only really find among live action works.

I was really surprised how low critical opinion of this film was when it came out.
From what I can tell a lot of it boiled down to it being too serious. Was it just too ahead of it's time?

YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER

>ahead of it's time

>Rango
>Dramatic

The last act is pretty dramatic.
Not in the same way as PoE. Still one of my favourites though.

>Fantastic Mr. Fox
>Dramatic

I do like the one attempted rape scene.

>has nothing to do with Prince of Egypt

False. Its a critical prequel that sets up The Prince of Egypt. Jewish Cannanites came to Egypt to escape the famine in Cannan, Joseph saved Egypt from the famine, and the old Pharaoh was so greatful to Joseph that he took the Cannanites in and made them equals in Egyptian society. The two people's lived in harmony for many years. Eventually the Cannanites (Israelites) began to outnumber the native Egyptians and the new Pharoh Seti (Ramses daddy) took away their citizenship in order to preserve his power. To cull the still growing Israelite population, he did the whole throw the babies in the river thing.

Pick up the bible nigga.

I SEND THE LOCUS TO THE WIND

SUCH AS THE WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN

THUS SAY THE LOOOORD

Were't joseph and Moses distantly related?

Why is there no Sup Forums ITT?

not him but iirc israelites lived like 300 around that age (no idea if that lifespan included the egyptians). But they didn't age slower, they just were elder for a lot of time.

Age gap between grandparent-grandson could have been 40 years or 300 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=QsKuotiv7LA&list=PLrjhOUTfRro7ro9MjrNV_W5gwFCMbSxEu&index=6
>this whole fucking track

WHO MADE MANS MOUTH?
WHO MADE THE DEAF, THE MUTE, THE SEEING OR THE BLIND?
DID NOT I!? NOW GO!

GET OFF OF MY BACK!
Did anyone else think the girl horse was kind of cute?

_ ____ __ ____ ___ _____

I've never seen it, but I mildly dislike it because whenever I try to bring up the old live action show people think I'm referring to that instead.

this movie was /comfy/ as fuck