Token nerd on the show only references Star Trek or Star Wars

>token nerd on the show only references Star Trek or Star Wars

Maybe it's just me. Are Star Trek and Star Wars still considered "nerdy" to normies?

yes but more to the point it's more about their fanaticism rather than liking it in itself. star wars and trek are just well known fandoms to the point it's the cliche.

I think Star Trek still is, at least outside the new movies. Star Wars isn't but being too big a fan still is

I always like to that if this show went on longer, Gimpy would've been challenged by an otaku weeb for Number 1.

I don't know, can we stop calling people that aren't obsessed with nerd culture "normies"?

No.

Wow, uh, could you, like, not?

can we please stop acting like "nerd culture" is an actual thing?

Yes.

Which is weird considering both franchises are trying their best to cater to the broad demographic.

>subculture: a cultural group within a larger culture, often having beliefs or interests at variance with those of the larger culture.

No one's acting, unless it's suddenly normal in western culture to regularly read comic books, delve into fiction lore and fawning over waifus.

My roommate invited 2 of her girlfriends over for a wine and crackers night in which they talked about real estate prices and interior decorating for 3 hours. They're all 28. What the fuck do you want me to call them?

TFA was pretty bad in a lot of ways (despite a few good things) and normalfag/pandering as hell

Sheeple

Normal people.

So...Normies?

>i'll just call them a made up internet term
congrats on being a social retard

>"muh clubhouse" retards are the worst!

Welcome to Sup Forums

As if I was unaware I'm a social retard. But aside from that, we're on the internet, isn't this the proper place to use made up internet terms?

Vapid as all goddamned hell, to their faces.

Star Trek is pretty nerdy in the sense, that it's well known but not everyone has actually watched it.

Star Wars is a popular culture phenomenon and probably the most well known franchise in existence, it's the opposite of "nerdy". Unless you count the EU and shit, which only hardcore fans care about.

people that are obsessed with nerd culture ARE normies, though
i don't give a hoot if people think i'm a "huge fan" of something i enjoy or not

Gimpy had a comfy room/battlestation.
I wish this show had more seasons.

>Are Star Trek and Star Wars still considered "nerdy" to normies?
They are, but they're well-known and mainstream enough that you can make a joke about them that's understood by the audience AND still makes the character look like a huge nerd.

Plus it makes it easier for the writers since they don't have to actually know anything really nerdy.

>normalfag has been replaced by normie
Fucking kids need to get off my fucking lawn

it's not about what you like but how much

Came here to post this. The term is normalfags, normalfags. If you have a problem saying "fags" on Sup Forums then you are a normalfag and you need to fuck off.

Freaks. Who the hell talks about interior decorating for three hours?

Not him, but I don't think a lot of nerds have the same profile.
I entered the fandom with tabletop rpgs, eurocomics and sci-fi books. A lot of "nerdy" things leave me completely cold, and a lot of my hobbies aren't nerdy at all.
I have slightly more than 1800 sci-fi books on my shelves, without taking the doubles into account, but it doesn't mean I have the same culture as a tolkien or WoD fan.

Isn't a normalfag a Sup Forums user that isn't a socially inept shut-in, while a normie is a lambda individual that doesn't browse Sup Forums?

>Maybe it's just me. Are Star Trek and Star Wars still considered "nerdy" to normies?
Yes. Just watch an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

"normalfags reeeeeee" sounds silly though

There's a reason for that, and it doesn't have to do with the normalfag part.

You have to be 10 kinds of retarded to think that someone who says "Normies" on the internet would call people "Normies" in real life. What kind of social situation would you even be in where you would need to refer to normal people as "Normal People" anyway?

Star Trek outside of the new movies and TOS are. I don't think Star wars has actually been considered nerdy since the 80s.

In the case of Undergrads, you have ti consider when the show came out. Both SW and ST are much more acceptable now than they were back then

But it does mean that you are a nerd.

Undergrads came out in early 2000s SW/ST had been mainstream as fuck for decades by that point.

Star wars and star trek are baby boomer normie shit. If you want to make a compelling NEET nerd character, make him a buyfag. You can't get any lower.

I feel bad for you that you have no friends in RL to reflect upon how shitty society in general has become.

YES!

Normies is the G-rated toned down version. 5 years ago we called them "Normalfags".

Not as mainstream as it is now

Yuppie bitches.

Blame /r9k/

True.

Yes, but it doesn't mean that nerdom is a culture by itself.

Could we just call them normalfags like we used to

Fucking this

>Normies
>Not Normalfags
Come on. Don't be a bunch of normalfags.

In this case the joke wasn't that he was a nerd, it was that everyone on his campus was such nerds that they actually FOUGHT whether to style themselves after the empire or the federation.

He was also the one who would've had the most stable relationship if he ever left his room.