Never watched any anime, will I like it?

never watched any anime, will I like it?

Yes. A lot of normalfags liked it back in the day. Just a warning: don't expect every anime to be like this. Kino anime like Akira are the exception to the rule

Yes

Is the manga any better?

Its the best manga ever written ever. So yes.

Akira
Neo-Tokyo
Jin-Roh

what are some other anime for patricians?

The original berserk anime.

LotGH

KANEDA ad nauseam

Any Mamoru Oshii, I fucking love people walking in dark places and quoting random philosophers.

K-on

No. Not unless you enjoy 900 pages of a butch lesbian searching for water in a ruined Tokyo. It is very overrated, has few if any likeable characters, and is generally a badly padded, meandering mess like 99% of manga. This is a rare example of the movie being better than the book.

But those are pleb shit

This. It has its flaws (such as everyone who isn't on Reinhard's side, Merkatz, or Yang Wenli being incompetent as shit), but it's still great. I hope to God they don't fuck up the remake.

Also Samurai Champloo, One Punch Man, Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Full Metal Alchemist, and Hellsing Ultimate are all patrician tier.

>badly padded, meandering mess like 99% of manga
Goddammit, I rarely ever manage to finish most manga exactly because they start to feel aimless at some point. I remember dropping Punpun years ago because it had gotten boring.

Akira movie sucked, I didn't understand any fucking thing. I didn't like it

Your mother is pleb shit

the voice actors in the dub are perfect

Bad 3D > a slideshow

>everyone who isn't on Reinhard's side, Merkatz, or Yang Wenli being incompetent as shit
This, so much this.

Fuck yes

Tbh, the more I think about it, the more LOGH's problems seem to be smyptomatic of one of the major problems that anime as a whole has - it struggles to portray its characters as real people.

In LOGH you're either a super genius who can discern any situation instantly, or an inept retard.

Even taking this into account, there are some times when the main cast make questionable decisions.

The two most memorable examples of this are when Reinhard lies to Kircheis over the genocide that he broadcast and when Reuenthal revolts. When Reinhard fails to get to the planet in time and Oberstein films the genocide via probe, instead of being honest to Kircheis Reinhard lies and gives Kircheis the impression that he is someone who would leave people to die for his own gain, even though he is not. He has no reason to do this. Later, when Reuenthal goes into revolt, we see the same questionable decision making. Reuenthal is declared a traitor in response to a false flag operation by the Terraists, yet he decides to just go with it. His reasons for doing so are never certain and his internal monologue seems to bounce between betraying the Kaiser (whom he is indebted to for saving Mittermeyer) for personal gain and providing the Kaiser with an enemy. This questionable ability to portray characters as real people is compounded when one of Reinhard's admirals decides not to report the false flag being a Terraist operation for no reason.

The only believable characters in the show are Poplan, Yang's friend(I can't remember his name but his wife teaches Frederica how to cook) and a few peripheral characters. Despite this seeming inability to make characters actually human, it's actually enjoyable.

someone talked to me about evangelion, he said it had the same vibes as Akira, is it true ?

Memories
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Patlabor
Ghost in the Shell
Princess Mononoke

I've yet to see Your Name, feel like it's some lame love story

Don't see Your Name. It's time travelling love shite.

Yang and Reinhard are more human than you and I will ever be. They're the best humans.

>super genius who can discern any situation instantly, or an inept retard
I disagree, there is plenty of avarage commanders who are competent but not enough to face Yang or Reinhard. Also, if Reinhard isnt believable then neither is Napoleon Bonaparte because Reinhard is pretty much Napoleon in futuristic setting.

>one of Reinhard's admirals decides not to report the false flag being a Terraist operation for no reason.
Their reason was that fleet admiral was a dead end career since whole universe was conquered. Rebellion breaking out gave them chance to backstab Reuenthal and possibly take his place at the top of imperial hierarchy.

opening 15 minutes are some of the best animated film in existence

sadly the rest of the film descends into hospital corridors, rubble, scientists explaining shit nonstop, rushed character development, and essentialy trying to condense a FUCKING HUGE manga into an hour and a half

overrated as fuck, watch mind game instead

jim roh has good art and thats about it. The horrible two companies motivations i coildnt tell the difference between or care about, the constant exposition, the only interesting scenes being in the sewers, the DREADFUL hamfisted "no... i cannot love you, for i am a wolf" the wolf character says to A GIRL WHO WEARS ALL RED GET IT SHE'S LIKE LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD

holy fuck jin roh is so awful. Yes the armor design and animation is beautiful, the rest of the movie is dogshit

honestly the movies dont even look bad at all

the show however....

>japs trying to make dark spy drama

No. Visually, the movie is very solid but the plot/atmosphere suffers from unexplained things that were brought to light in the manga.

Overall it was a disappointment to me, 7/10.

>Its the best manga ever written ever. So yes.
Not really.

buts not berserk (spefically the golden arc)

Try this afterwards.

but thats not*

Listen to this guy. Mind Game is amazing even though I liked Akira too.

No. It looked good for the time and that's pretty much it. The story is about 1/10 of the manga condensed into a movie in way that makes no sense and it includes the stupid slime monsters that every shitty anime has to include for some reason. Only for weebs.

Reinhard is very good in terms of his character's depth, but there are a few times were he instantly sees a solution to a problem and it works flawlessly (however, this maybe more because of other characters being a bunch of mongs). Also, Yang Wenli seems worse for it (despite this I still did like him).

> Their reason was that fleet admiral was a dead end career since whole universe was conquered. Rebellion breaking out gave them chance to backstab Reuenthal and possibly take his place at the top of imperial hierarch

Maybe, however at the time this isn't suggested as the narrator basically just says "no one knows why he didn't tell Reinhard".

t. guy who has read less than 100 manga

Are you talking about picrelated? If so, you chose a peculiar entry point for anime. You will like parts of it, probably be bored by it just as much if not more, and then left confused by the hype and unsatisfied by the unfamiliar narrative.

The Reuenthal thing felt super contrived to me, one of the weakest parts of the series in my opinion.

Probably, but it mainly depends on your tolerance for the conventions that most anime use for their storytelling
At any rate, it's a genuine masterpiece of animation, so you won't be bored even if you don't pay attention to the story at all

I've had good results with Pom Poko

It's kinda funny that I've always seen it the other way. Yang and later Julian are overpowered as fuck during the Imperial invasion. They are dramatically outnumbered and yet after all the battles against imperial admirals still capable of taking on Reinhard and Muller's fleet and winning against them. Of course you could say that Yang was simply a better tactician than Reinhard but they way his fleet goes through numerous intense encounters with imperials and avoids any substantial loses seems very unlikely.

What is there to understand
There were mutant kids and one super mutant who killed everyone so they froze him
Many years later, an insecure street punk meets one of the mutants, gets mutant powers himself, then proceeds to to exact his impotent nerd rage on the city while his friend with a cool bike tries to stop him, fin

Yeah I agree, Yang is pretty OP and Julian is even worse. Yang read military history and has had years of experience, but Julian became a commander as a teenager and was basically running the show. Didn't he defeat 2 imperial admirals single handedly? (that may have been Yang, or Julian with Attenborough and Merkatz's help, but I'm sure it was him).

The only well-known manga that I've read that didn't suffer from this problem to some extent is Full Metal Alchemist. It's pretty tightly plotted, develops story and characters at a good pace, there is no extraneous filler, it tells one story, wraps it up spectacularly, then ends. I have a lot of respect for it; it really is a "graphic novel" as opposed to an ongoing comic series with an overarching plot.

Porco Rosso
Captain Harlock: Arcadia Of My Youth
The Sky Crawlers
Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Yes.

No don't bother with it.