Batman #6 Storytime

Don't forget to support the official releases.

Continuing the dream of storytiming all 2 years of rebirth

i'm dying

Really? I mean really? such a shame, she was so gorgeous.

That's a terrible joke.

Even Alfred thinks that Batman is crazy

Never change Alfred

Oh Waller you old joker you

LIVIN' THE DREAM

THAT'S OUR WALL!

Kite Man just yells Kite Man as he commits crime?

I like that Kite man is having a good time being a criminal.

This makes me want a DC equivalent to Superior Foes with Kite Man.

It's called building a rep

So Strange is gonna use the Venom as an ingredient for the Monster Men, while Bane now can use Psycho Pirate to rule his little country without any opposition... Poor Batman can't catch a breath

I've been dreaming of DC doing a Superior Foes with Wonder Woman's Villainy Inc. but I'll take Kite Man as well...

So let me get this straight:

Bane made a deal with Hugo Strange. Strange would convince secret government officials (i.e. Waller and papa Lane) to give him access to Psycho Pirate. He'd do this by creating the various accidents around Gotham (the plane crash, and some other things before directly getting access to PsyPirate).

After that, in exchange for Bane's venom, Strange would give him Psycho Pirate?

not gonna lie, that seems like a bad trade for both parties

Really he's just committing crimes to pay for his kite flying hobby.

We interrupt our regular scheduled programme to bring you crossovers.

Yeah, I'll wait for "I Am Suicide" personally, since I only collect Detective and Batman.

KITE MAN HELL YEAH!
never forgetti

And having sex.

>skipping Riley Rossmo
Your loss, buddy.

Strange is a master manipulator.

Lol meant to reply

The crossover is between Batman, Detective and Nightwing.

Fuck you Duke REEEEEEEEEE

Why is King's writing so hack-y here? Literally giving out exposition. Batfags aren't that big of retards that they need a fucking recap of last issue, King stop phoning it in. Your obscure titles didn't die so you can phone your way to big Batman check.

>finally good art
Sassy Alfred a best. Although I like Snyder's take as well.

Did he.. Did he just jump through the window to steal a fucking necklace? Goddamnit this is all I wanted from King's Batman. Camp, fun, crazy.

KITE MAN, MUTHAFUCKASSS

>Reis is so fucking good.
>Am I the only one who thinks the hair is sexy?

;_;
King said he wrote this after his grandmother died. All King wants is Batman to hold him and tell him it's alright.

CHARACTER
DEVELOPMENT!

Waller really looks like Viola Davis here, doesn't she?

KITE-MANNNNNNN

HELL YEAH KITE MAN!

This run gave us:
Kite Man
Calendar Man
Colonel Blimp

Great run so far

It's not exposition for the reader's benefit. It's just the characters going over all the crap that's happened to her, so that it actually means something when Duke's like "yo we should really do something"

It would be silly if he jumped from "Gotham Girl's gone out again" to "Batman, we have to save her".

Meh...at least the art was prettier this issue.

So Batman just up and revealing his secret identity any chance he gets is becoming a very common thing now it seems.

Let's Talk About The Books You Hate The Most -

King I HATE YOUR BOOKS, I HATE THEM.Oh dear, I have a lot of negative opinions about books, I see.

It doesn't feel like a natural conversation.
>Batman you remember this and this and this happened a few days ago
>Yes Duke I remember
More natural would be Duke simply saying we have to save GG after ALL that has happened and Batman replying "I know."

You just want a Brave and the Bold comic, don't you?

Wow, Batman goes full Terminator on this one

Wait, how did causing a bunch of disasters allow Hugo Strange to "take control of" Psycho Pirate?

And you have this asshole !

More like something in line of Morrison's Batman and Robin.

there's no way a broken necklace would cover his overheads

>they were showing some of those shows that we watched in the morning
>when did we get so old that they started putting those on in the middle of the night?
Man, is this a reference to Toonami? Mostly the reference to old cartoons showing up on some late night block.

You don't become KITE MAN to make a profit, user.

most likely it's editorial's order

Who the hell's Bruce Wayne?

I actually have a few panels of Alfred dealing with Bruce's nonsense.

man i didn't even think of that, thats really kind of poetic when you think of what that says about us at large

8! HE WAS 8! STOP THIS SHIT! SINCE NU52 YOU GUYS GET THE AGE WRONG! HE WAS 8!

I HATE YOU GEOFF JOHNS, FOR THIS SHIT! YOU FUCK!

Reis is the greatest, I want more Batman from him. Hopefully his Boomerang back up in Suicide Squad will be fun. Not many interiors from Reis lately which is really sad

Alfred is literally the best part of King's Batman.

I NEVER SHOULD HAVE DOUBTED YOU, BASED CIA

bane ?

>Waller's ever changing girth

Can't ignore it.

Well, the first arc was really disappointing.

I pulling Batman out for now.

Gotham Girl needs a hat.

We will never get a Team House mini

Best hero.

Tom is the real King!!!

Same, I'm really not interested in reading about Gotham Girl.

This was really "meh", thanks anyway, OP.

1st joker

It's no Vision or Omega men, but this was fun Reis made a huge difference in this issue. I'm glad King isn't writing for trade and isn't afraid to bring back some goofy villains.

I wonder how much Kite Man would be able to fence a torn pearl necklace like that for?

holy shit how the fuck they bring back this nigga and make his first appearance not make him look like dookie, damn marvel gotta step the fuck up after how they fucked up squirrel girl

>pulling Batman out for now.
Yup.

>Colonel Blimp
>Captain Stingaree
>Kite Man
>Sarcastic yet loving Alfred
King is fucking King. Anyone that says otherwise is objectively wrong.

>Batman just showing his face to people now
I haven't read any of the Rebirth issues other than this but is this a thing he does now?

I mean, like how many issues of hacky shit do you guys need to realize the golden boy ain't so golden?

the current theme of Batman's stories is re-evaluating all the things he's taken for granted as being for the best to avoid repeating past mistakes.

a similar thing is going on over in the other books too. It's the underlying theme of Rebirth

Better than Snyder.