Leave drawkino to the Irish

Leave drawkino to the Irish.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtHXICLmaW0
youtube.com/watch?v=25uOV2HM_zs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Song of the sea is awesome and secret of kells is bullshit ...
Discuss

So... it's just like alternative rock?

Also Belgian, French and Hungarian, in this particular case.

They have great visual style, but writing isn't strong. SotS' storyline was worse and raised more questions than it answered, in particular - why mom was such an asshole

>Secret of kells is awesome and Song of the sea is bullshit

ftfy

The first even has better animation, besides being an all-ages Andrei Rublev

What's "kino"?

I liked both, but wish the story was stronger in both films. Hopefully their writing will be better in the next film they do.

I like secret of Kells better, because unlike Song of the Sea or Kubo it doesn't feel the need to cram a convoluted, badly paced story to justify the animation.

You discuss.
Extrapolate on that or shut it. Just saying "something you think is good is actually shit" isn't how you start a conversation. That's just a shitpost.

The only people who complain about the story in Kells are those who are utterly unfamiliar with symbols and mythology. Once you have a bit of a grasp on the occult and similar shenanigans Kells becomes not only understandable, but you recognize it as the masterpiece that it is. It is almost a revelation. It is a spell. It is the most primal and ancient story. If Evola and Guenon were alive they would give it standing ovations. Its mere existence is such a profound anomaly that it de facto shouldn't exist in a time such as ours, because to create something of that caliber you need certain criteria to be met which are difficult to attain. Joseph Cambell would smile at it and could give hour long lectures on it. The alchemists and minnesangers of old would understand it, because it is the Great Work.

It is the absolute apex of western animation and western hermeticism.

My only complaint about Kells is that the ending feels a little rushed. Should have been ten minutes longer, but maybe they didn't have the budged. Either way, it's an amazing movie and one of my absolute favorites. Song of the Sea was one step down in both animation, music and story.

What the hell happened to her anyway?

Nothing. She's still alive a thousand years later.

So what your saying is that there is yet another niche audience that would enjoy this film? It seems like there is only a few select groups that love it as a brilliant film, and most other either haven't heard about it or are ambivalent to it.

I'm botching the name but she's of the Tuatha De Dannan. Her race is older than Mankind, or rather the current (white) humanity is a degenerate remnant, an offshoot of her race. They came from Hyperborea once it was made completely uninhabitable due to... stuff. She lives and is of the Golden Age, while Brendan and us are of the Iron Age (Kali Yuga). But the memory of the blood is still here, and with it the glory and the power of God. Thus the propaganda efforts for race mixing with inferior specimens and the equality deception. The divine races never died. They merely operate from hidden centers which are not physical. Neither are they physical.

I'm saying that Kells was made under instruction and as a defiant gesture.

>Irish

that's a funny way to spell Russians

desu every country has some really great animation and some really shit stuff

There is none good from Venezuela.

>kino
What

Oh god youre one of those people. Off yourself m8

I assumed it was magical rules bullshit.

>Evola

You gotta be shitting me

What was there to complain about in regards to Kells' story?

The storyline only lacked elaboration. I think it assumed we knew the tale of selkie or some shit. Since they didn't they made it seem like the mother just ran away and didn't come back.

What the fuck m8.

The film is about the value and importance of art (very appropriate considering the quality of its art and animation) and set in a semi-historical setting with some mythology and folklore mixed in. It has nothing to do with this occult autism.

German word for "cinema".
On Sup Forums, it's sinonymous with Greatest Of All Time.

And should be reported on sight when used outside of Sup Forums.

So what you're saying is she's legal?

i have a lot of respect for the fact that these guys tell stories about their country and culture, animation trends be damned

all we've gotten here for the last ten years is the occasional dreamworks wannabe movie

>Sigh. Cut! She's looking Directly at the camera again. Let's take it from the top, people.

Wow. You're really fucked in the head.

Aisling is not for such things!

I like them both, but I find the ending of Kells to be a little blueballs and/or rushed.

I know you're probably baiting but I'll point out, if the mother was a faerie, her motivations are non-human. Legend, myth and folklore portrays why Fae do things as being markedly different than humans. You just gotta accept that in a fairytale.

While I agree with your point, I think the film was about the concept of enlightenment (which I suppose could include artwork), in a time of darkness. Basically Ireland was in a really dark time and faced what they thought was destruction. Then comes along this new way of living (the message of the book, which is, surprise, an illustrated form of the Bible.) It's got a meaning on multiple levels I think, which is cool.

>Thus the propaganda efforts for race mixing with inferior specimens and the equality deception.

Um, seriously Kaz, they never kissed or did anything related to mixing races. I think the most they ever did was holding hands while fleeing.

>WE DON'T USE WORDS THAT OTHER BOARDS USE HERE ON Sup Forums
>uses tumblr words like "triggered" instead

wow this place really is Sup Forumsmblr huh

You sound really asspained, Sup Forums.

I can probably take WebM requests from SoTS or Kells if anyone's after anything

I prefer the former, though Aisling's the best character from the two

Hmm.... Anything cute with either Saoirse or Aisling doing anything would be appreciated. I don't have any of them.

They had to contribute at least something to humanity sooner or later

If you've anything specific in mind let me know, I'm just going to dump a few

And that's that

I don't remember this part; Can I get a link or a version with sound?

Great, another Sup Forums meme has been excreted onto our board.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtHXICLmaW0

It's from here, not part of the film but it's pretty cute

What's this from? I've never seen it before. I assume it's a special feature or something, is it online?

And most of the time on Sup Forums, since anyone who uses is is almost always a shitposter.

Your shit taste makes it apparent that your parents are probably brothers.
DIscuss

The two movies were made by a bunch of countries though

I like this tune
youtube.com/watch?v=25uOV2HM_zs

>video is not available

It is quite nice though

So does anyone know anything about their next movie? I only know that it's supposedly coming out next year.

Wikipedia description
>After her father Nurullah is unjustly arrested, Parvana, a girl in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan, must dress as a boy so she can work to support her mother Fattema and her sister Soraya.
Nora Twomey's directing it instead of Tomm Moore. She co-directed Kells with him where Song of the Sea was solely Tomm Moore.

Tomm Moore's next movie is Wolfwalkers.
>In a time of superstition and magic, when wolves are seen as demonic and nature an evil to be tamed, a young apprentice hunter, ROBYN, comes to Ireland with her father to wipe out the last pack. But when Robyn saves a wild native girl, MEBH, their friendship leads her to discover the world of the WOLFWALKERS and transform her into the very thing her father is tasked to destroy.

I wonder if it will match SotS visually. It was such a huge step up from Kells which occasionally felt cheap at times.

The screens from google look more like SotS than Kells, but I don't know if those are from the movie or just promotional art.

I suspect there's going to be some interesting use of tile patterns.

i see you havent given up on your fetish yet tilefapper.

One request That zoom in of Aisling Where her face goes all life-drained because of Caorthannach

help

That?

Yes. Thanks.

Hope it's interesting, normally don't read synopses but the art had me intrigued since it's a departure from their previous work

You fucking deviant.

Aisling a cute

>My Bloody Valentine
No one wants to listen to your music, Mom.

Oh drink a wet fart, jerkoff.

That is absolutely rude.

what the fuck does that even mean

>Not using question marks

Can't be having that on my Sup Forums for sure

This an edit?

No.

Huh, colour me surprised. That's noice

tripfag with a shit opinion. That's a shocker.