Scarlet Witch Thread

So....how are you liking her solo?

you think she'll get her own MCU film?
of the current female characters in the MCU, she's definitely the most interesting....

FUCK OFF!!

I hope she has her best friend in the MCU since it seems like they're never going to talk to each other in the comics again.

Current outfit is pretty great...

That said I find myself partial to this one.
People give it crap for the flaps over the shoulders but I really liked them.

The movie people are downplaying her as much as possible. Remember how she wasn't on any of the promo material or merch for Age of Ultron?

I still wonder if they only used her to spite Fox or because Joss pushed for her.

You'd think they'd try to make her a big deal since they currently lack female characters and she's one of the only ones they have.

I think Joss was the one who heavily pushed for her and Quickslav. I don't think they're downplaying her at all. It seems her lack of promo material might be tied up in some weird merchandising rights with Fox.

I dropped it when they gave her a new set of parents, that shit is getting old.

I shouldn't have had that Vulcan Mindmeld!

doesn't marvel hold all the merchandising rights for all the characters anyway?
isn't that why the last couple of X-films have been light with tie-in materials?

Wanda needs a new husbanifu

image related to vote

Yes.

>peter and wanda
huh
it could be cute actually.
PeterXMJ is always end game, but Pete and Wanda could be a cute pairing; i think i like it more than PeterXcarol

the new costume looks really great there

I like her solo well enough. Shame about the lack of plot, but with how neglected mystic marvel is, it's nice to have a little merry globetrotting about the supernatural once in a while

This. As with Hawkeye the MCU has been the only place that Wanda's friends interact with her. Want to see her interact with her fellow Avengers? MCU is your only venue for that.

In 616 Wanda barely interacts with her old team mates and has had pretty much zero interaction with the likes of Kamala or femThor. In 616 she only has Steve, Stephen, and Agatha, with the occasional Billy cameo, while Pietro has had a bust-up with her.

That Emerald Warlock line about her lacking an arch-enemy makes me want to slap Robinson. Chthon is her arch-enemy (and yet also ally/benefactor), and Wanda has perhaps the strongest rogue's gallery of any Marvel female.
I do have this hope that Chthon will try to corrupt her in the fight against Thanos as that would make that an even more tense struggle and the moment where she shows how strong she is.

Its strongly implied she is the only Avenger who can counter the Gauntlet.

The thought of Chaos Magic vs IG is mind-boggling.

I predict the "Smug Villain has the tables turned on him moment" will be when Thanos faces Wanda.

Number 2 from left is by far the best. Why can't we have nice things, Marvel?

I think Infinity War Wanda will have the hood from Coipel's costume.

Her solo is OK but the rotating artists and lack of connection with the rest of the MU make it feel unimportant. It's picked up in the last couple of issues which were more about her backstory and history (but made Quicksilver out to be a bad guy for no particular reason).

I like how she's coming along in the MCU. She was better in Civil War than Avengers: AoU and the filmmakers seem to like the whole robot/witch sexual tension.

The comics department, I think it's fair to say, doesn't like her much. Didn't even like her much before this "no promoting characters with any Fox connection" rule.

Her most underrated costume is the one from the Crossing.

She was also left off a lot of the promo art for Civil War. At least with AoU there was the excuse that she and Pietro started out as antagonists.

But with Civil War, there's a promo calendar with every character except Wanda, and at least one tie-in book that mentions every character except Wanda. She's also left out of a lot of games, the cartoon shows have no plans to add her, etc.

All of this is probably about Marvel's feud with Fox and refusal to promote any character Fox even has an option on. I don't know if that affects the MCU because it's separate from the rest of Marvel.

It's pretty crap. but I keep buying it. not sure why.

Wanda probably won't get a push in comics and animation until after Infinity War(especially if she plays a key role in beating Thanos).

However, her character is in a much better place now than it was a few years ago.

She's the kind of nuanced complex character the Russos love. All that uncertainty, frailty combined with great power, and mystery makes her compelling to them.

Genocidal maniac

That costume was George Pérez's thing. He has an undisguised Wanda fetish and loves to draw costumes that are a) skimpy and b) really complicated.

Nobody else could draw it right so it was retired soon after he left.

(Also after he left you'll notice she had less of an outsized role in Avengers, though she still remained in the book until Disassembled. George Pérez loves drawing Wanda.)

That's why they're friends.

>Her most underrated costume is the one from the Crossing.
Agreed.

Joss pretty much saved her IMHO. If he hadn't pushed for her, she'd be either dead or in limbo now.

Her solo comic has had great highs but is inconsistent, and Robinson going the "muh parents" (Jesus Christ not again) route instead of exploring Chthon's relationship with witches (he pretty mucg created witches witchcraft ffs) and Wanda, is just baffling to me.
"Consider me Switzerland" was a great moment, though.

Her lack of interaction with any of the old (Hawkeye, Carol) or new Avengers (Kamala, Miles, etc) bothers me alot

was that back when WM died and became her stand?

It was when she accidentally brought Wonder Man back from the dead and was in a full-fledged triangle with him and Vision.

Remender eventually tried to revive the Scarlet Witch/Wonder Man romance and it didn't really work. Simon's nobody's true love and everybody's Romantic False Lead.

I hope some writer explores the whole Wonder man in rogue thing. Preferably with her getting to keep her flying brick status. or maybe even extrapolate more powers from it.

Rogue gets an awkward crush on Wanda and/or Carol.

Rogue/Wanda/Carol/WM/Vision love Pentagon

Her comic is interesting but it feels like its cut off from the rest of the Marvel Universe.I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

>loves to draw costumes that are a) skimpy and b) really complicated.

He's also one of the all-time best cape comics artists. Hell, one of the all-time best american comics artists period.

Given that he's a happy granddad you can't really pull the "he's a creepy fanboy" card.

It's not creepy. His wife's a former belly dancer and he made Wanda into a tribute to his wife, that's why there's this otherwise pointless dance sequence near the beginning of Ultron Unlimited.

There's nothing wrong with liking to draw skimpy outfits, but it was a very hard costume for other artists to get right.

It's not unusual. Wanda is one of Busiek's favorite Avengers as well (which is why they made such a good team), she's one of Roy Thomas' favorites and Dan Abnett's single favorite Avenger. Lots of writers and artists like her, it's just that a few of them really REALLY hate her, like Byrne and Bendis.

I feel like that was an editorial edict.

Marvel comics was like:
"Oh fuck, Joss has made Wanda popular again, we have to give her a solo but shove it away from our Progressive Faves so we can ignore her till Infinity War."

Byrne likes Wanda. It's Vision he hates.

Remember, Byrne never had any intention of keeping Wanda evil, he was just doing the exact same "powerful woman goes nutso" story he did with Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix and Sue Richards/Malice.

But mostly it was all about him wanting to break up Scarlet Witch and Vision and make Vision an emotionless toaster.

She's my waifu for laifu and what I've read of her solo is okay

Issues 2, 8, and 9 have terrific art, and are also the best story and character wise (aside from Pietro's ooc physical aggression).

So why did he leave mid-story? There was no announcement of any kind, just suddenly Roy Thomas was there with Paul Ryan on art. Was it because editorial censored Wanda giving Wonder Man a blowjob?

>But with Civil War, there's a promo calendar with every character except Wanda
The suspicion is that Carter's niece had her role cut down to fit Wanda in there.

I think it's like, a non-shit skimpy outfit if that makes sense, which helps. She's had much dumber swimsuit/leotard looking things.

Although I'm a little biased in that I really like her UA/Marvel Now costume more than her old stuff

I feel like I would actually like that more if it committed to being something like a duster, or just a plain old leather biker jacket.

You can move in a duster, and your traditional biker jacket all the more if you feel like you really need that much more freedom.

That jacket and it's attempt at being some kind of leather lamellar or skirt armor at the hem is cheesy.

The boots are both disgusting and impractical too. I'm kind of on the fence about the bracers, they might be alright but the boots fucking suck.

Come on.

Make them really stylish or make them practical. Pick one. Go with it.

Fucking Bendis. It's taken a decade to wash his stink off of her and yet she's still affected by it in every comic. I'm happy that she's not really involved in CWII solely because he won't have a chance to write anything having to do with her.

peterXjessica

Remember the dyke stripper look?

Ain't that the one they put in the Forceworks season of the Iron Man cartoon?

IT'S THE ADAMS DUTY

That costume was another Joss Whedon cannot into costume designs case

They immediately junked that over designed look and streamlined it for Civil War

TO SHOW OFF THAT BOOTY

Yep. Gave her a really broad accent too

GIRUGAMESH

The movie people love her. The Russos and the writers pretty much hinted they are Wandafags. Its the Marvel comics division that hates her and Ike has the no X-Men ban going on which has hit her as well.

that she has the face of a twelve year old is killing my boner

YOUR BONER IS WEAK, CONAN!

which one Drew or Jones?

I mean both could work, Drew because obv. name connection and Jones; she had the high school crush on him and wouldve been successful had she not been cucked by the radioactive spider

would be great to see Luke be cucked

But how would Peter and Wanda work? I wanna see it, but it would have to deal on how Wanda basically emotional depraved him with House of M

Well he liked her but his hate of Vision trumped that.

To this day, people equate Wanda's feelings for Vision as a symptom of the cray cray, due to Byrne and Bendis.

> Some test audiences didn't like the Vision and Wanda cooking scene...maybe Bendis and Byrne were at those.

Elizabeth Olsen really doesn't do it for me as Wanda, sorry to say.