Supergirl #1 Storytime

youtube.com/watch?v=P4pmp9KsFW4

Storytime bank!

Aquaman: Batman: Cyborg: Green Arrow Justice League: Nightwing Supergirl: (here)
Superman:

The Rebirth issue didn't thrill me, but my trust in Orlando has given me a degree of trust to continue reading.

whatdafuckareyoudoinghere?!?

Thanks for reading, kiddos.
Support the official release!

Thanks Norrin

>They do not teach Internal combustion on Krypton anymore

Yeah mostly because Krypton blew up.

What the fuck is up with this? Shouldn't she know that?

Thanks OP

Man, just when the short hair panty style was growing on me

This issue's all over the place. I like what it's going for but it feels it's doing a hundred things at once.

I'd been waiting for this! I'm a fan of Orlando and Supergirl

this feels very all-star superman. I like it

>Toxic
this word has been ruined for me

this is a good page.

There isn't much in terms of plot here but I still like it. Orlando dedicated a whole issue to make us feel Kara's inner conflicts and what separates her from Kal before giving us the final page. Smart writer.

It think she intended it as a joke user.

Thank you

They had fucking guns. Why is she acting like she could have handled things? Also is this more TV show synergy?

You guys think she'll meet SuperDad soon?

I don't get it. Why would they need to threaten people with guns if all they wanted was data?

Probably so Supergirl could stop them.

>Internal combustion
>Krypton blue up

Ha!

Superbro plz no

She meet him when superbro died

bump

This was really, really good and refreshing. Orlando did a lot of character building and cast building before hitting the gas on the last page.

Most of the time I feel like writers do this melancholy angsty stuff and it falls flat. This is different though. You can tell Kara's homesick but optimistic and trying to make things better. It's arguably the most character building in 20 pages we're going to see this month.

Also: holy shit Atiyeh's colors make this book.

The colors are very soft and calming. I like it.

I also agree with you on Kara's character. This seems like a natural way she would react to things after all the shit she went through during New 52. Also keeps in line with classic Supergirl.

The star chart is from Star Trek

Good

Did they just make a supergirl movie referemce?

superbro it's been a while

Hell yeah

Kara should have an accent

But Alura was against sending her and even shot Zor-El because of it. And Kara had no idea she was going until a few minutes before she left.

She did, Orlando's just a hack who didnt read the last run.

>She had no kindly couple

Did you even read the page? They say she has an accent.

so.......they're making it like the TV show?

This issue was mediocre.
This dialogue is horrible.

What happened to super nice Cat Grant?

I was looking for this in the catalog for the past hour. I have no idea how I didn't notice it until now.

Ctrl+F "Supergirl"

I like doing the Superman intro with Supergirl.

I feel like we didn't get a real understanding of her relationship with the agency until the dressing down part. Maybe it's supposed to put the reader in the position of Kara and not realizing that she's fucking up until that point but I don't know. I didn't like it.

Orlando really isn't popular enough to warrant this kind of shitposting.

>Kara Danvers
Kek

Wait, if they can do it that easily, why even use force? When even need three people? One could ride quietly the whole way and no one would know it was them.

IKR. I was actually shipping her with Superbro for a while when they had that website

>they're making it like the TV show

Please no, I want them to be separate things.

TV SYNERGY

Her fake parents are cute.

>Orlando's just a hack who didnt read the last run
kek, he read every Supergirl run starting with Silver Age, actually

Not a fan of the art, but I like the writing. Kara actually feels like a real 16 year old.

Wow, that's some bad dialogue.

Really?

>Orlando really isn't popular enough to warrant this kind of shitposting.
>yfw Batards will come to shitpost in Midnighter and Apollo threads after NoTMM crossover.

whats up with the heads?

Nah, if Batards don't shit up Sheriff threads, I doubt they'll take interest in Midnighter ones.

Yes.

We seek Peaceful Co-Existence!

That is really lame.

I'm not entirely sure that tech works like that, or that holding up a train is the easiest way to collect personal data. But other than that it's a pretty OK issue.

But please, no creepy time and continuity displaced shipping with Brainiac 5 in this one.

WHY DO YOU HATE QUERL DOX

Rebirth issue was pretty middle of the road.

He's cool but their relationship isn't, especially not when he looks like he's twice Kara's age and still remembers the relationship he will have/had with a maybe parallel version of her while she doesn't.

Not a great cover.

Really nice cover.

Nice page.

You would have to write a different Querl for this Kara, sure. But in some ways I think a Querl would be a great ship for this Kara. It's not one of my OTPs or anything, I just like to defend Braniacs.

I thought the JLU line was funny, but any actual romance should be like they did pre-Flashpoint and don't mention it much outside of having her meet him when he's younger

>Brian Ching
I knew the art looked familiar

They could bond over advanced science and mutual sense of discomfort with primitives, and fall apart when Kara has heart for the primitives and Brainy gives her a horrible cold emotionless logic perspective on Krypton. Like Cameron Chase here.

Also think of the 'ugh, parents' conversations.

Yeah, they'd have to that, but I'm still not a super fan of the ship in general. Their chemistry just feels kind of off IMO, but maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Brainiac defense squad is best squad though.

This is a bad comic. The characters are BAD. The dialogue us REALLY BAD.

Alright nigger you've already posted this 3 times already. Take your (You) and piss off.

I think the characters are fine. Chase is a bit disappointingly one note, but I like how much character exploration they're doing for Kara straight away. I like the dumb government parents thing. The dialogue has a few whiffs for sure though.

Some people kind of hate the whole extended Braniac line, I think it's fucking great. Especially when great-grandpa Braniac shows up and everyone shits themselves.

Eh, he eventually doesn't hate them all that much either, or at least not all of them. But him being an asshole, intentional or not, about Krypton doesn't seem too farfetched.

RIP knee hole suit.

>high school junior

C-cute but I could've sworn Kara was much older pre-Rebirth.

He doesn't hate them, or he wouldn't be in the LoSH. But he still gets irritates and he acts like he does, a lot.

I'll rather that Nu52 Supergirl be with Brainiac-5 than with Red Hood or some black dude just because.

It's pretty great and it would be interesting to see them play up that, perhaps in conjunction with the "a little better for each generation" thing that was brought up during the New Krypton arc. Querl tries to redeem his family but people in general hate and fear his family, Kara and other people in the 21st century at least initially hate him and then great-great-grandaddy Doxest turns up and wrecks havoc. (feat. Vril and Lyrl who aren't exactly helping his cause)

Honestly, it would actually be pretty cool to see some version of him interact with this Kara just to see how she deals with the whole Brainiac deal.

Oh no.

Easy way to fix the ages and keep a Retroboot style team (I would go with the new 52 age range for the other though, like early to mid 20s) is just have Brainy join really young, like at 10 or something so he's maybe 17-18 in the present stuff whenever it actually launches. Lyrl ran L.E.G.I.O.N. as an infant, it's not like it would be that crazy.

But I could honestly see them using the COIE Kara from Convergence (unless they're just pretending like she's not out there somewhere) to bring the ship back rather than this version.

>Lyrl ran L.E.G.I.O.N. as an infant
People died because of that user. Millions of people, to be more specific.

Main issue is that the Brainiac's are incredibly intelligent but mature like normal people so you'd have a really crafty but otherwise typical 10 year old on the team, which isn't optimal when you want to fight crime or do whatever. It'd probably be easier on everyone to just have two Kara's instead.

what a wasted get