The 90's Are All That/The Splat

Can you believe it's been almost 5 years now? It feels like just yesterday that I was making the nightly discussion threads for The 90s Are All That here and we'd almost max the thread out every night for a good year while I was still posting them.

How much longer do you think this 90s revivalism has left? I mean they are making new Hey Arnold and new Rocko. No sign of Rugrats yet beyond some rumors. Yet on other networks we've got Fuller House, Girl Meets World, etc.

Will this last? With the rebranding to The Splat they expanded to a full 8 hour night block starting at 10 instead of the original 4 hours at 12. Is this a sign of its popularity or is it just keeping up with the age of the audience? No longer in college the audience can't usually watch at midnight. That's why the timeless Hey Arnold is always on first run.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/tv/news/hey-arnold-the-jungle-movie-images-first-look-1201819923/
ew.com/article/2016/08/11/rockos-modern-life-movie-nickelodeon
youtube.com/watch?v=3NMYksajnyk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How much longer do you think this 90s revivalism has left?
I dunno, 80s revivalism has yet to die.

Nobody cares, OP.

>making new Hey Arnold and new Rocko

[citation needed]

Have you been living under a rock? We've had countless threads about both.

variety.com/2016/tv/news/hey-arnold-the-jungle-movie-images-first-look-1201819923/
ew.com/article/2016/08/11/rockos-modern-life-movie-nickelodeon

You've been living under a rock? The Hey Arnold Jungle Movie is in full production with Craig Bartlett for a Thanksgiving 2017 premier and a Rocko special was announced for sometime next year as well.

Remember when Hot Topic was full of '80s stuff?

I really wish it did. I fucking hate the media pushing 80's shit down everyone's throats. What a fucking shit decade.

The animation was garbage limited animation anyway. The 80s brought some great properties, but they were executed terribly in the decade.

This generation is pretty steeped in nostalgia, it won't go away for a while. People see the 80s and 90s as a more innocent time than now, before 9/11 and endless terrorism, whether that's true or not. It's both nostalgia and escapism.

>a Rocko special was announced for sometime next year as well

Will it have the same staff? Dan Povenmire, Mark O'Hare, and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh were the storyborders that made Rocko for what it is. If the original staff does not return then it might as well be not be Rocko then.

90's is superior though. The only people who care about the 80's are baby boomers and kike directors when their power and influence was at an all time high.

That's very true. You can see it in media. There been a tonal shift post-9/11. Its one of the reasons why, I believe, that SpongeBob maintains its popularity. No matter how shitty or gross it's episodes have been in the intervening years between the two films, it's maintained it's innocence.

>Its one of the reasons

All we know is that Joe Murray is the executive producer.

>tfw the al that theme song is playing in my head
That show was pretty fun for it time. until they replaced the older characters with shit ones.

I didn't even know Nick was doing this, that's pretty cool I'll have to check it out.

The reason for that is because this internet iphone gen z shit is terrible. The whole generation is glued to the internet and the influence of SJW and "progressive" shit is everywhere now. And what's really bad about this is not the whore fat women and nu-males killing society but the kids the grew up on this shit and thinks that this is the "normal" way of living. It makes me sick.

>al that

That does not help as he also created Camp Lazlo and that shit was mediocre.

>>>>> Sup Forums

Totally forgot about that. Well, he was going through a really rough time in his life. Maybe that affected the quality.

One weird thing I did notice is that the logo for the Splat is slightly darker orange than the original Nick splat logo.

I think it was so they could air more shows and more commercials (are catered to college age and older). I bet they get decent ratings on these blocks, it's fun to watch when everyone else is asleep, replaced the fox portion of adult swim for me.

Vh1 classic just turned into MTV classic so I say another 2-5 years, OP. It's actually really nice to see remixes of old viacom bumps.

>80's
>shit

>my bloody valentine
>sonic youth
>sisters of mercy
>bauhus
>mccarthy
>good swans
>the smiths
>early metallica
>big black
>butthole surfers

I typically watch Hey Arnold every night. There are only a handful of bad episodes. The rest is timeless. Fuck knows why Rocket Power is always on after. They really need to rotate more.

>bauhus

*Bauhaus

Oh yeah, I can cherrypick too. And I like how you only brought up music.

Its a block on TeenNick so unfortunately not everyone gets it. I wonder if one day they'll replace Nick@Nite with it or start including 90s Nick shows in Nick@Nite.

>tfw Pete & Pete is never rerun often or will ever get a full DVD release because of music licensing issues

Watching Hey Arnold at night is so comfy, it's become a habit for me too. Always end up watching Rocket Power for laughs, that show was too corny that I can't help but like it (again)

cherrypick? every mainstream music scene is usually bad or average regardless of decade, and no i wouldn't know about cartoons because i only watch stuff akin to fantastic planet and akira

and adult swim, i like adult swim sometimes

The 90s was the pinnacle of human cultural achievement. I'm not sure how young people survive in the current cultural wasteland they inhabit.

If you're pretending to be this stupid, please stop.

If you genuinely believe what you're saying, please stop.

You have 10 seconds to find a comfier soundtrack than the Pete & Pete soundtrack:
youtube.com/watch?v=3NMYksajnyk

>Comfy as a buzzword

>memearrowing your point

Its such a weird show. I remember watching it because I was into Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 so much at the time.

Too bad they keep on showing the same shit every single night.

Catdog, Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Rockey Power, Hey Arnold for so many years. Meanwhile their commercials keep showing off Hey Dude, Double Dare, Salute Your Shorts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Aah Real Monsters....... never to appear outside of a single special night once a year maybe.

Rotation was always their problem, they keep airing the same shows in one to two hour blocks every night and it burns people out.

Anyone remember that one night they just aired the old Mighty Morphin Power Rangers episodes?

Yep. I could understand keeping anchor shows on every night like Hey Arnold and Rugrats. But at least rotate the rest of the block daily or even weekly. I haven't seen Doug (except for the anniversary weekend), Rocko, LOTHT, etc in ages. I know their schedule varies a bit on the weekend, but not enough.

The show is still shitty now

Spongebob is still shitty now

Didn't Rocket Power start in 99? Why is that always on the 90's blocks? There has to be a more 90's centric show they could have on the block every night.

Hopefully season 10, when Hillenberg is fully back on and Paul Tibbet is fully gone, will be a return to form. The second movie was Hillenberg and it was great.

It was 99, but it's firmly entrenched in the Xtreme sports phase during that time. Also the rebranding to The Splat allowed them to expand a bit. They showed All Grown Up (the series not just the pilot) at one point. As well, a lot of 90s shows extended into the first half decade of the 21st century.

Who didn't love this man's music?

Which show?

Ellipses are three dots.

>Its such a weird

And they say autism isn't real

Vaccines cause autism.

Dude everyone knows Dino was a sell out hack. His old stuff was where it's at.

>Its a block

>No The Cure

>Its one of the reasons

Commas are important.

What the fuck is with all these grammar nazis lately?