So now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is the worst character in the entirety of Rick and Morty?

So now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is the worst character in the entirety of Rick and Morty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE
polygon.com/2016/10/4/13156398/adult-swim-female-writers
imdb.com/name/nm2005299/
youtube.com/watch?v=H-xlC4Be7GI
imdb.com/name/nm5426546/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr13
imdb.com/name/nm3745774/
imdb.com/name/nm4030854/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>dude my self insert btfos the smartest man in the universe because shes so smart haha
Yeup, she was terrible.

Has the dust settled?
I mean honestly?
Really has it?

I think it's amusing that Sarandon did her voice. They could have cast any random voice actor to play this dull, monotone, forgettable character, so I don't see the point in having an accomplished actress in the role.

Also, agree with it being a female writer inserting herself into the role just to talk shit to Rick.

Isn't this the episode that chink femnazi wrote?

I find her extremely attractive.

I didn't care because I was still reeling from

>PICKLE RICKKKKKK

No idea what that PMC subplot had to do with anything.

If it's a self-insert, why isn't the character overweight?

She was way to open minded with the mad scientist stuff, so either she's a badly written character or she has some sort of backstory with the ricks.

She thinks she's clever. Like how Tyrion isn't fat.

>character
She was just very basic character exposition to catch up slower audience members and make them feel clever in the process

Because no one likes fat people, even Jessica Gao. That's why she hides behind camera angles when she can. Look at her twitter picture.

ITT assmad whiteboys

>r/AsianMasculinity and his no pussy ass

Just because someone has a high iq it doesn't mean they have a mind for psychology.

I'll go ahead and just say badly written

>that picture
Wow I sure feel bad about being reminded whites used to be whip crackers. Sure feels bad knowing we're superior and literally used to own blacks.

Imagine being this stupid and unable to understand a simple cartoon.

I don't want to imagine being you.

So sentient pickles with rat limbs are a normal occurrence to her?

it did trigger a lot ot nu-males here though

that's the meme, retard

n-no it means you are salty and square!

>a simple cartoon
If you think the previous seasons lacked depth then you're the one who is stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE
Everything is bad, why just this 1 character you faggot OP

holy shit this episode was bad

LOL

Stop spamming your shitty fucking video. I skimmed through your channel and you're a fucking retard. I'm going to mark as many videos as I can as containing copyrighted material. Have fun tomorrow

worst character ever is buckethead and if you disagree you're a fucking retard

>chink femnazi
who?

>going to watch all my videos
thanks

you retards know that just a few months earlier the entire planet was under the rule of an alien government right? And that a year earlier a giant homeless man crashed into the planet?

>She was way to open minded with the mad scientist stuff

Earth was taken over by aliens and then they overthrew them. I think everyone's perception of what's normal has changed a bit.

I think she'll be revealed to be rick's wife from another dimension or something.

Of the women that I know that watched this episode, the therapist bit was the only part they cared for. Rest of the episode didn't do much for them.

Sam is the GURM insert retard

So if you're smart enough to enjoy both girl and guy jokes you can enjoy the whole show.

Why has this season been so terrible? What is actually missing? Is it because they're now heavily relying on violence and gore every couple seconds? Is it because there's less creative sci-fi plots going on?
It's just so bland and I can't put my tongue on what actually changed from Season 1. What the fuck happened?

It's good when a show hates its main character

>it's a gender quota female writers think they understand the show season
what the fuck was even the point of this episode? there used to be themes, now it's just a bunch of rick gags and pretentious dialogue.

The show was Rick AND Morty. They took away the dynamic to examine a family breakup or some shit. It's halved the effectiveness of the show. I think Justin Roiland is going along for the ride to see the show crash and burn.

Removing the original writing staff with an all
F E M A L E
W R I T I N G
S T A F F
The show went from reddit + Sup Forums mix to tumblr + twitter.

This whole divorce idea and all that followed was a mistake.

Btw, they Jerry bashing with the whispering voice saying "loser", is that some kind of revenge from some of the female writers that gone through a divorce?

Unironically this

>Jerry is pathetic and the butt of every joke for two seasons
>Epic win guys!
>Jerry is pathetic and the butt of every joke written by female writer
>REEEEEEEEE WHY ARE WOMEN SO MEAN?

You don't see the difference between him being a pathetic character and the creators expressly state "loser" so no one, not even Tumberina could miss it?

>Dr Wong
>doesn't have slanty eyes
>white person voice
wtf

They could've worked with SO MUCH content following season 3's opener if they wanted to create a more continuous story.

They could've immediately dealt with the events after the intergalactic government fell down, sammy and phoenix's persons whereabouts which they teased at the end of that episode, or they even could've explored more of Rick's backstory for much better character development (since reddit is making the "it's for character development" excuse for these recent episodes being dull and boring). I mean, the old formula of R&M going on adventures across the multiverse would've been way more interesting.

Instead we get 2 of the episodes that have the least amount of jokes and the most 2smart4u writer self-insert moments. It's also fucking lazy how the only thing they can milk out of the therapist episodes was her also being into coprophagia counseling. The divorce overarching theme is the worst thing they've ever conceived for this show, even worse than the interdimensional cable episodes. It should've been a subplot for one episode at the very least.

Nope she was correct. Beth's a shitty mom who's a whore. Jerry was a shitty husband but Beth should've stayed with him anyhow because now she's a cat lady. That's it. She's a cat lady who drinks with her father. That's more pathetic than being married to Jerry.

It was the Russian embassy because Russia is our enemy for electing Drumpf XD

It's not like Rick didn't arrive at the same conclusion as her because he was dumber than her, it's just that he doesn't want to own up to it.

Any reasonable adult would've concluded the same as her, though maybe not as poignantly.

You are really sad.

She's a literal self insert for the chink writer of that ep. It wasn't even subtle.

bitch needs to go back to writing for Big Time Rush

Usually Rick would've done it. You'd know if you had paid attention.

people have to get more info avbout psychology because this is becoming retarded... like on reddit, the answer for everything is "lol go to therapy". no. i have a degree in psychology and you dont learn any secret tricks or super mind reading powers that you can use to see trough people..

>Why has this season been so terrible? What is actually missing?

show used to be about taking a common sci-fi or fantasy trope and having a neurotic child and his apathetic, amoral grandfather interact with it in unexpected ways, like when they ruin the planet with the love potion and instead of coming up with a clever plan to save the day, they just hop universes and replace themselves.

Now it's about teenage girls and family drama, sometimes featuring Rick and/or Morty if Summer's not around

You can't argue, so you bash. Sad.

>self insert
>character is white
>with a white actresses voice
How? Also I know the art style for this show is ugly but this character looks exceptionally ugly

Does Sup Forums really think current issues should never be put above a show's quality? Because you idiots would be laughing if the joke were about "dumb women" or "dumb black people." You're hypocrites and I'm glad the 21th century is going to fuck you up good.

Did you not see the first interdimensional cable episode. The episode you mentioned was there to build up to that.

It was always meant as a dramedy.

>Jerry was a shitty husband
He seems to be pretty good when Rick isn't around, a la Rick Potion No. 9. Let's not forget that they also found out through inter dimensional goggles that they're both happiest together (Rixty Minutes)

>Women write the worst episodes
Wtf I hate women now

No, and I have no idea how you would have a problem with this character or the show to be honest.

>women start writing episodes
>show turns to shit
Makes you ponder don't it?

>fire the twin writers that were involved in every episode as the series reaches the peak of popularity
>hire instead many low tier writers involved with shit like "The Annoying Orange" and nothing of value
>writers are also all females
>creators of the show go on a PR binge about the importance of diversity
>episodes are panned
>one of the writers even self inserts herself to "BTFO" rick

Bonus points is that the old writers that were fired had a spotless resume and nothing can be attributed to why they were let go except that they were avid Trump supporters online.

So yet another show ruined because of politics bullshit and affirmative action?

Based rick and morty knowledge poster and with examples

I'm not saying he's a horrible father. I'm just saying Beth's a dumb cunt. I think Jerry needs to grow a spine but other than that he's fine. Better than Beth when it comes to parenting.

He was good when civilization wasn't around.

Rick and Jerry are polar opposites. Rick can't change. If he doesn't fit, he can change the world around him if needed.

Jerry is the whipped dog that society made him. In the intergalactic federation he was a successful employ. After societal colapse he is a killing machine. Jerry is powerless to change the world around him, he just has a knack for settling for whatever role the situation pushes him into.

more telling is how the fucking creators barely had anything to do with the writing

This post just made me stop watching the show

>Helping kikes

galactic government owned earth like 3 weeks ago

No need to sperg out about it

The episode was fine, you're working yourself up into a tizzy over nothing.

Pretty sure most of the haters are children who unironically worship Rick asshurt because their idol is now more clearly being presented as the villain he is.

New writers came in to write for the sole purpose of diversifying the staff. Some have never even written for a big show before

Women can write, but these women were hired pretty much because they were women

>fans love Rick
>create an episode about divorce and therapy and rip apart Rick's character
>fans suddenly don't want to watch the show
it's almost like a character assassination of the protagonist is a bad idea

huh, I'd forgotten about the government. What DID happen to that?

S1&2 Rick actually cared about Morty and Summer

>but these women were hired pretty much because they were women

who can write

>who can write
not well, what have they been involved with that's been successful?

Ah, I can agree with you there
Good post

>not well, what have they been involved with that's been successful?

Ricky and Morty

no, it's a one-line reference to an earlier episode that lasts less than ten seconds, it isn't the focus of the narrative, and is never mentioned again

they were just brought on, bait harder faggot

No thanks to them

Sure they can write, all the characters had lines and what-not. They can't write comedy, though. I haven't watched this new epi but I haven't laughed at all so far this season. Rick being surprised the kids didn't fall through the portal into the kitchen was kind of funny

Justin caught heat from buzzfeed-tier bullshit journalists when they said there weren't any women in the writing room because they made his wee-wee feel weird
polygon.com/2016/10/4/13156398/adult-swim-female-writers

Rick and Morty season 3

>Jessica Gao
imdb.com/name/nm2005299/
Writer for Back to the Barrnyard. A shitty nickelodeon spinoff cartoon of the shitty early 2000s movie "Barnyard"
From here she moves on to The Mighty B!, which Ive never seen or heard of, so nothing to comment on there
She then move to the writers room for Big Time Rush. Yep, you read that right. The new head writer of Rick and Morty was a writer for Nickelodeons knock off Jonas Brothers show about some lame boyband.
Video for example: youtube.com/watch?v=H-xlC4Be7GI
From there she moves on to the Kung Fu Panda TV show which was awful. She then does the only two decent credits of any of the new writers with Robot Chicken and Silicon Valley. She doesn't seem to last long. Shes had stints on eight shows where she only lasted long enough to write two episodes or less.
>Jane Becker
imdb.com/name/nm5426546/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr13
Literally never done anything. Was an assistant to producers on the new Simpsons. So her job was getting fucking coffee lmao. Somehow manages her way into the writing room without having a single credit on any production
>Sarah Carbiener:
imdb.com/name/nm3745774/
Only two credits of note before R&M are Return to Nim's Island and a show called just add magic. Nim's island is a direct to dvd cash in sequel to a childrens movie staring Bindi Irwin AKA The Crocodile Hunter's Daughter. She is also a writer on Good Game the GamerGrumps youtube red series that looks like shit
>Erica Rosbe:
imdb.com/name/nm4030854/
This is where it gets fun and you can see the obvious nepotism. This womans only credits are the exact same as Sarah Carbiener. Meaning that one of these two keeps getting work because they know the other.

>character assassination of the protagonist

You know the protagonist is a fictional person, right?

Rick and Morty was never really laugh out loud funny

why are you all blaming the feminism boogie man when every problem with the season so far rests at Dan Harmon's feet.

watch any interview, listen to the s1/2 commentary tracks. You don't need to be Columbo.

>you can see the obvious nepotism

All of them are Harmon's nieces? Because if they aren't then it's not.

>Back to the Barnyard
>shitty

fuck off reddit

I'm sure you've spent hours dissecting and examining literally who male writers' careers before.

Your long autistic post is worthless. Everyone has to start somewhere