This was a great movie

Thanks for the rec, Sup Forums.

it was crap

Dennis is the biggest hack in modern cinema

Now watch this

This. I liked Prisoners a lot but Incendies is simply on another league and I doubt Villeneuve will ever do anything near as good.

how so?

I'll make one of Polytechnique later today

I like these, user. I might even save them

Prisoners is THE example of inauthentic sensibility cinema. It doesn't get more juvenile "film buff" than this movie. Everything from the casting, to the themes, to the cinematography. It physically pains me to even think about it. Fincher was always the epitome of IMDB to me until this movie, but then Villenvue managed to topple him.

Probably best best movie of the 2010s

Fincher is actually good and unique, Villeneuve isn't even remarkable in any way. I don't get the sudden worship around this hack. He has zero personality.

Literally everything in this movie was great except generic script.

Any better suggestions?

Shows how a film doesn't need a deep complex story to be good if the execution of the other filmmaking elements is great
Sicario is an another example

Yeah, but with actually good story it could be masterpiece like Shatter island or Seven. But with that kind of story it's just a good movie.

the last 3 malick flicks
only god forgives
spring breakers
post tenebrax lux

just some of my favorites, all 8+/10 in my opinion. i'd rate prisoners a solid 4/10

>somehow that white trash family was able to clean their house/trailer/etc enough to fool a police sniffing dog

Holy fucking shit what terrible taste.
You're actually worse than capeshit fags because you have such a superiority complex

Not really, the script is just plot points, the execution is everything.
Also Shutter Island has a pretty lousy script, you probably think it's great just because it has the "epic mind twist" at the end.

That and Prisoners are so good
Villeneuve is my favorite director right now, i hope he won't fuck up Bladerunner

What's lousy about Shutter Island's script? And
>implying that mind twist wasn't good

>Shutter Island
is this b8? it's not even close to being Scorsese's best film

>the last 3 malick flicks
Sooo Song to Song? It says Drama, Music, Romance on imdb so it's probably shit
Knight of Cups once again a Romance
To the Wonder aaand Romance again
>only god forgives
meme movie
>spring breakers
bait
>Post Tenebras Lux
haven't watched it trailer looks pretensious

oh boy

I guess you don't actually have anything to say besides crying laughing emoji images hope you learn to communicate like normal people one day
Sad!

for example: watch the scene from Arrival when amy adams and forest meets for the first time xD

nothing to say to people who haven't even watched any of those movies really, what's the point? I do promise they're actually good, unlike prisoners

Understandable

you're clearly 15, fuck off and watch more films

Shitiest of opinions you stupid pleb