Early Reviews for Luke Cage are in

>screenrant.com/luke-cage-netflix-reviews/

>According to critics, this show is groundbreaking in every way, from its much-needed representations of race to its reverent use of sound. Each review praises the show’s ability to balance violence with levity, and notes that the show is considerably less gritty than its counterparts, in a good way. Introducing Harlem as a new setting adds a much-needed fresh environment to the MCU TV canon, and apparently it’s been done impeccably. Harlem is iconic in its own right, yet introducing Cage’s story in the upper Manhattan neighborhood amplifies his story, rather than overshadowing it.
Get ready for Based Cafe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oVmcur3INOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Luke Cage sucks

I am a spider.

Nice try, Parker.

Get out of here Otto, Superior ended you not Spidey anymore.

>youtube.com/watch?v=oVmcur3INOE

I'm so hyped

>the show is considerably less gritty than its counterparts
That's pretty surprising. I would've figured it'd be moreso.

Y E A H
E
A
H

B A B Y
A
B
Y

I
I

L I K E
I
K
E

I T
T

R A W
A
W

Let me guess, is the best thing in the history of things and is bringing a lot of new shit to the table despite!!!!

Then is the same boring shit that Jessica Jones and most of DD season 2 was

This is gonna be great

A large black man, just whooping ass and taking names

finally

Yep.

Yeah...are they downplaying the struggle?

Hate to admit it, but Marvel can do no wrong at this point. Can't wait

Woah, a show with a black person? Truly groundbreaking.

How did Based Marvel make both the first show about a woman (JJ), AND the first show about a Person of Color?

Truly incredible.

Hype

They were only shown the first 7 episodes, so maybe it picks up.

kys senpai

>from its much-needed representations of race
Why does everything have to be about race?
Why does race have to be mentioned first?
What if a show is good but conservative instead of progressive, will critics and reviewers consider it a flow? Probably they will.
Anyway, I have high hopes for the show too, since Daredevil and Jessica Jones have been great so far (ok, maybe second season Daredevil not so great where the Punisher wasn't concerned but still better than every other series out there imho.)

>and notes that the show is considerably less gritty than its counterparts...
That's not good. If we don't want gritty, there's the rest of the MCU. If we want to be a realistic, where people like Luke Cage are involved, it must be gritty.
>... in a good way
Let's just hope so...

B...but based Marvel

????

>Why does everything have to be about race?
>Why does race have to be mentioned first?

You and I both fucking know that LITERALLY the only reason this exists is because muh BLM

>and notes that the show is considerably less gritty than its counterparts

Maybe these writers actually appreciate it's source material.

>Each review praises the show’s ability to balance violence with levity, and notes that the show is considerably less gritty than its counterparts, in a good way.

Oh boy I can't wait for the new installment of the Marlel Quippiverse

The idea itself is something I've wanted to see for a long time: a Harlem hero fighting villains in the projects with a rap soundtrack, but taking itself seriously and not devolving into a comedy.

IT WAS IN PRODUCTION BEFORE BLM EXISTED

>Why does everything have to be about race?

because all of the Avengers were white people, directed by the white Joss Whedon

That sounds like SHIT.

No it wasn't.

Fuck....
Wait, no. The villain is black too.
I don't think they'll turn it into BLM thing.
Come on, don't ruin it, netflix. It will be a shame after how great Daredevil was.

Yes it was you fucking idiot it was announced with the rest of the Defenders line YEARS before BLM existed how daft are you

This is actually a complain?

Im excited. I heard final episode he dons his yellow shirt

>tfw no stilt-man

>Scarlett Johansson
>white
>actually Jewish

>RDJ
>white
>actually Jewish

I don't even.

>representations of race
>race
Sup Forums's level of being triggered have broken the scale. 600 posts per thread, 5 threads per day incoming.
This is not a drill. May God have mercy upon this board.

>You and I both fucking know that LITERALLY the only reason this exists is because muh BLM
>No it wasn't.

>On November 6, 2013, Disney and Marvel announced that a Defenders miniseries will air on Netflix, along with four other shows featuring Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage.

>Black Lives Matter became nationally recognized for its street demonstrations following the 2014 deaths of two African Americans

>also ignoring that decisions like this are discussed for months at a time before being greenlit

you're an idiot

even though it might be a fantasy movie, it's a little unrealistic to pretend the whole world is just nothing but white guys and the only black man on the planet is Samuel L Jackson

>its much-needed representations of race

americucks will defend this

i hope he has a talking dog sidekick

Forget it user, people are going to see what they want in this series to suit their own reality

Would one be upset if Samuel L Jackson represented the entire race?

>the Avengers
>4 Americans
>a Norse god
>a Russian spy
>a slav slut
>it's unrealistic they're white

are you for real?

And he shouldn't have been black because Nick Fury is white.

See, this is pretty racist. Liberals are the racists. They're the ones who bring race into this.
Avengers was a fun movie and now you're telling me it wasn't like, not because there was some flaw in the movie but because not enough people were black.
That's racist because they make it about races when it's not.
It's not fair for the conservative people to get called racists when they react to the actual racism that comes from the liberals.

Good one

What is so racist about having a black guy on screen for a few minutes?

To be fair Nick Fury has been both. They just went with Ultimate Nick who was basically Samuel L Jackson already

If liberals are the real racists, why are conservatives the ones running a racist for president?

Not him but Hillary made notorious racist comments, so get off your high horse with that shit man

>everything have to be about race?
One Marvel show has race as a major component. Fuck off.

>What if a show is good but conservative instead of progressive, will critics and reviewers consider it a flow? Probably they will.
Nice victim complex.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

>What is so racist about having a black guy on screen for a few minutes?
Nothing at all. Make them protagonists too for all I care and give them all the screen time... well, so long as in the source material which their characters come from, they were not something different.

But people complaining about no black people in a movie, are racist.
Racism is not just about disliking black people and calling them niggers.
Racism is about disliking anything at all because of a racial issue, and disliking a movie like the Avengers because there weren't alot black people in it, it's exactly that, racist.

>why are conservatives the ones running a racist for president?
They are? Who? The polls aren't showing anybody anywhere near Hillary.

>What if a show is good but conservative instead of progressive

Then you know it's time to wake up.

Gotta feel sorry for the writers, they can't go full Fuck Da Police because it won't play commercially won't let them and they can't do black gang violence because it's not PC (although it would play commercially).

Trump literally wants to build a wall to keep Mexicans out and wants to ban Muslims. Nothing that Hillary has said in the past compares to that shit.

But how could you make a movie that takes place in America and just act like there's no minorities around at all? It's the United States.

Unless your movie is about a KKK rally, there ought to be plenty of people of color present

The whole world is not USA.
I'm not American. I don't have to apologize for Trump.
I don't even know what's all the big fuss is about with him, I haven't been following him and I don't care to.

>Racism is about disliking anything at all because of a racial issue, and disliking a movie like the Avengers because there weren't alot black people in it, it's exactly that, racist.

I think you should look up the definition of racism. And not the one that Sup Forums or Fox News spoonfed you.

He seems to get great joy in pissing people off.

Wanting to put blacks in jail is essentially the same thing as keeping out the Mexicans and the Muslims. Only difference is it's actually a lot more viable than building a wall across an entire continent

Then why are you in a thread clearly discussing American politics and social issues raised by an American series set in America?

Do I need to watch Jessica Jones for this?

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Not racist, but she did gleefully make jokes about Ghadaffi getting tortured to death.

Doesn't look like it.

You'll get more out of it if you do. All the shows build on one another and Luke played a big part in JJ.

Dropped.

If I remember correctly it actually mostly takes place before he met her, and anything in current era MCU that may feature her or Iron Fist will be "flash forward" sequences