I doubt any of you, without looking it up, could name pic related province of China or any city/place in it...

I doubt any of you, without looking it up, could name pic related province of China or any city/place in it. You couldn't say anything (besides the generically Chinese) of what goes on there now, or has gone on in its history. You can't name a single person ever from there, any invention that comes from there, or any impact it's had on the world at all.

Yet there are A HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE there.

>that's as many as the UK and Canada combined
>as many as live in the entire Western half of the United States
>as many as in Germany and all of Scandinavia together

It has a TRILLION DOLLAR economy to boot.

Why is China so poorly understood?

I bet nobody cares

Shantung

Homeplace of Confucius

Part of it was occupied by the Germans

Do I get a prize?

Don't remember the name of the province (maybe yunnan?) but I know it was part of Qi in the warring states era and Wei in the three kingdoms

shandong

>homeplace of confucius
the current chinese are mongols and mongol rape babies
they are not the original chinese who invented compass, paper, gunpowder etc.

Shandong, people who learnt about WWI know it

Classic Sup Forums

All I know is that's not Beijing. Maybe Shanghai? Fuck knows.

>every content about how good China is were about money, economy, and the size of the population
No one's interested in those anymore

I'm Greek

I think Shanghai is further down

Shanghai is approximately located at the estuary of the Yangtze River

I guess that means it's were Tsingtao comes from, so it's got one claim to fame.

>any invention that comes from there
does Intel outsourcing count?

That's getting pretty old
Still younger than taiwan namba wan so it's still considered fresh though

Only good answer in this thread

Give me a reason to give a shit about present day China that doesn't have to do with military posturing, providing raw materials or manufacturing someone else's inventions.

because they are about to have as much economic clout as the united states and that they aren't democratic? a big change from the status quo.

shandong
jinan
jixia the first academy was located in linzi

mozi and mohism is from shandong

shanDONG

qinghao
tsingtao beer
the only impact I can think of is that qinghao was once a german owned port for a while

it's a shame chinese philosophy seemingly died off or stopped developing at the amazing pace it once was after the period confucius and mozi lived in

dont remember the name of the province but i know Qingdao is in it

Tsintao or Quindao. We taught them how to make beer.