Why aren't people from CTR and other political campaigns required to disclose that they are a part of a political group...

Why aren't people from CTR and other political campaigns required to disclose that they are a part of a political group when posting here? Isn't an imageboard considered "public communication"?

I figure if disclosures are required on ads and videos like pic related, those same rules should apply to places like Sup Forums, reddit, etc.

Bumping from page 8, how did I get here without a single reply?
>really makes me think

Hillary doesn't obey laws.

the first amendment protects shills too

>disclosures are required on ads and videos like pic related

are they actually required tho?

I'm fairly certain the disclosures are a part of FECA/BRCA.
How would this be a first amendment issue?

What's wrong, u JELLY?

I don't doubt there are legitimate shills here but the majority of it is just the basic trolls you see on any board. If something is enjoyed on Sup Forums, you can be certain autists will come out of the woodwork to trash it.

Yeah, I would bet you are right in that regard, but 6 million dollars buys a lot of Sup Forums posts. This is the perfect target for shills too. Reddit has post history and accounts that show the date they were created. Sup Forums doesn't have any of that- you can post as frequently as you would like and no one will know it's the same person. I'm not sure how large CTR is, or how many other public opinion groups are out there, but I would bet most of the shills are coming to places like this.

>disclosures on an anonymous imageboard.

Great idea bro. Im Abraham Lincoln and I support Donald Trump.

I'm assuming you saw the reddit post which had the FEC regulations in it. If you were literate you'd see that they don't have to disclose their affiliation if they aren't paying the site owner money.

I don't go on reddit, so I didn't see that. I'll look it up.

>General public political advertising does not include internet ads, except for communications placed for a fee on another person's web site
They're in the clear unfortunately.

It probably depends on the size of the intended audience. For mass communications they must disclose the "paid for", there is also a minimum sized font that they must use.

But I'd bet that posts on forums arentry covered because the intended audience are the users of said board.

Ironically though if they were paid by the campaign itself they would have to disclose. Like on a phone call, "I'm jane and I'm calling from the Hillary for America campaign" for instance.

:)

Ah, what an obnoxious loophole.

Because Obama is president.

100% absolutely yes

[citation needed]

ahh

They are required they just break the law

The FCC requires all ads filed with television stations to be filed by an in person officer of the party requesting the ad, and for the paperwork detailing the ad buy and buyer to be viewable online. The same rule applies to radio and print, but not internet. Do you want me to get the FCC ruling for you instead of you googling it faggot?

It's retarded that the Internet is the unencumbered medium, considering how much it is used