Does anyone else think jamie lannister would be a good king?

does anyone else think jamie lannister would be a good king?
>good fighter
>good general
>tough but not cruel like cersi
>decently intelligent
>empathetic but not a pussy like kalisi
>honorable but not a retard like the starks
>already part of the royal family

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RET4E58u51I
youtube.com/watch?v=-LkFN54_Wxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He should have taken the throne when he saved King's Landing from Aerys.

Jaime has no desire to rule.

His only motivation at this point is Cersei's cunt.

JonxDani will be King and Queen, Jaime will be Lord of the Rock maybe with Brienne, Sansa getting the North and maybe even the Riverlands (through the death of the Tullys) and the Vale (through marriage to Robin), Dike or Dickless will get the Iron ISles, some brown lady will get Dorne and some unintroduced queer will get the reach.

Idk about the stormlands.

and then cersei was married to robert. surely if jaime's only motivation was cersei then becoming kind was the perfect move, since if you love someone so much you dont want a hairy drunktard to fuck her every night... i mean unless someone is a cuck

>good general
>doesn't use scouts
>doesn't realize a horde of Dothraki and a giant flying lizard are nearby until the ground is rumbling from their charge

what if the scouts got eaten by a dragon

>Jaime has no desire to rule.
I think that's why Jaime would be the best king. He would do it because of his sense of duty and not for ambition.

>good general
>uses incompetent scouts
>scouts all get killed
>no suspicions aroused when reports are coming back in from the scouts
>keeps entire army in a valley with no line of sight
>doesn't put any men on the hill to signal if something fucky is happening on the other side
>don't realize anything is wrong until thousands of men riding horses and a giant flying lizard are 100 yards away

he WOULD be a good king, but too shame he's a betacuck and cersei's boytoy who needs his sister's approval for everything he does.

No, a good HAND of the King maybe. Jamie's more of a field commander. Tyrion would make a good king.

Flip that, Jamie would be a 10/10 king with Tyrion as hand.

Do you still think a good general would make a good king?

t. fruitcake

Daenerys plot armor got him, not his fault.

>Not cruel
>Attempts to murder a child

Someone made a good point about that last night.

Him pushing bran was to save his entire family from being beheaded by the King.

Jaime did nothing wrong

This. Brann doesn't have a leg to stand on, if I was in his shoes I would understand. He should walk a mile in Jamies shoes.

That was old Jamie though, he has probably had the best character development arc in the series. Not saying he wouldn't do dickish things anymore, but I think for the standards set by the rest of the cast he's looking pretty good.

He should try to not be a crippled fucking retard! (am I doing this right?)

Brienne will be the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, she's a descendent of Ser Duncan and Martin loves that his stories end in full circle.

Jamie can be just as bad as Cersei and he is when it comes to her, he could only be a king if Cersei was dead. He also only has Cersei to live for as when Oleanna called him a fool for loving her and doing anything for her. He was always a good knight/Kingsguard but no one could trust the kingslayer as a king. Tyrion on the other hand knows politics and how to make people get along rather than fight so he'd make a better king overall.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

He's like Ned. Both had a chance to take the throne but neither wanted it. They don't fit well into that role and more suited to the roles they had, until Ned became Hand anyway.

Jaime has 0 ambition, he would never rule.

Literally no-one but Tywin and Cersei would have supported Jaime as king, by the time Aerys died it was either Robert or Aegon/Viserys

Good but not as good as Tywin.

What did you just say about me you little bitch?

Yep, he did what he had to do. But still an asshole and he should still be punished for it.

He wouldn't, he's a dumb fuck. Tywin would have made a great king.

King and Queen of the Iron Throne: Jon/Daenerys
Lady of the North: Sansa Stark
Lord of the Riverlands: Edmure Tully/his newborn son
Lord of the Vale: Robin Arryn/Yohn Royce
Queen of the Iron Islands (Dany promised them independence): Yara Greyjoy
Lord of the Westerlands: Tyrion Lannister (I can't see Dany or Jon letting Jaime hold any power if he doesn't die vs. the Others)
Lord of the Stormlands: Gendry Baratheon (legitimised)
Lord of the Reach: A minor Tyrell cousin or Samwell Tarly
Princess of Dorne: Sarella Sand

This is just going by the show anyway

I said youre REDDIT
to prove me wrong, post your boi puss in a Sup Forums thread like every Sup Forums'r has

>Daenerys
>Letting the man who killed her father, committed incest (indirectly usurping the throne in doing so) and tried to kill her be a Lord Paramount

>Jon
>Letting the man who crippled his brother be a Lord Paramount

Jaime will probably bend the knee to Dany at some point. It's kind of been a sticking point throughout the series of how he's the kingslayer. It's really the only way I see him regaining his honor. In turn I guess he gets Casterly Rock.

>MFW in the books Jaime gives up Cersei's pussy by burning her letier
>He's pussy whipped in the show

> post your boi puss in a Sup Forums thread like every Sup Forums'r has

Imagine being you in that thread and having to be all like "damn, user, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my online persona and the real me."

>Lannisters fighting the Stark-Baratheon-Tully-Arryn alliance at its height

top kek they wouldve stomped on the Lannisters in like 1 scene from the show

Do you think episode 5 will be leaked too this week?

Or dare i say, the next 3 episodes?

He's learned alot and can continue to. HE COULD BE, in the future, a great king. Just a bit more time.

>Letting a manlet be one instead

Both Dany and Jon are on good terms with Tyrion though

>cersei
>cruel

>murdering hundreds of innocents including her family in the Sept of Baelor
>Having the woman she though Tyrion was fucking beaten
>What she did to Ellaria Sand (I know she killed her daughter, but jesus fuck)

Punished Ros is best Ros

No worse than what most characters have done on this show. She's just framed as the villain.

Not in this timeline. It's more about if he could be a good king not when. It would actually never happen.

The only ones who have done worse are Daenerys and Ramsay

>. Tyrion would make a good king.

No one would accept a midget as a king, it would look weak to the public and allies

Tyrion might want to continue being hand, like his father was to aerys. He can make a positive change by keeping Dany restrained.

>Dany
>restrained

thats not plot armor, thats next level plot super powers. entire x-men ain't got shit on this bitch

Yeah they fucked up his character in the show, he's my favorite character in the books his chapters were always great.

They weren't fighting for the throne though, it was just an excuse for Robert to smash some skulls and get Lyanna back, if the Lannisters had held on to KL after the sack im sure Ned would have been pissed about it but Robert wouldn't have cared that much

his POV chapters turned him into one of my favorites. Travelling a wartorn country fresh after losing his hand, rethinking everything he throught he knew, trying to become a better person... quality stuff

Tywin was the last competent Lannister.

>Cersei is far too cruel to rule.
>Jamie is a vain child that still hasn't realized how far out of his depth, things have gotten.
>Tyrion has grabbed the Dragon by its tail and doesn't know what to do now.
>joffrey was an immature figurehead. he needed someone like Ned Stark to mold him into a proper king
>Tommen was immature. instead of being arrogant like Joffrey. He was too easily swayed by the wrong people.

Tywin didn't have a very good plan. If his intentions were to usurp the Baratheon crown and establish Lannister as the royal family. Then he should have told Jamie to keep his dick out of Cersei and deny Robert any heirs, legit or not. Then Cersei could be on the Iron throne, once the Baratheon brothers and their heirs were delt with.

>Lord and Lady
>not Wardens to their respective regions

Show pleb

Tyrion is hungry for power and has a desire to create a long lasting legacy just like his father. Perhaps the common people will cheer for the halfman louder than their retarded incest bendini queen

He can be Hand and a Lord Paramount at the same time, plenty of people have
>Ned Stark
>Tywin Lannister
>Jon Arryn
>Orys Baratheon

They're only Wardens when it comes to the North, Vale (East), Westerlands (West) and Reach (South). The Lords of the Iron Islands, Riverlands, Stormlands and Dorne aren't.

childhood is idolizing stannis

adulthood is realizing Jamie makes more sense

Said no kid ever

>being this naive

top kek. they were plotting to overthrow the Targs long before the Lyanna drama

They wanted to install Rhaegar

Elderhood is knowing that the 7 kingdoms should be reformed into an empire with Euron as emperor

no they didnt. They wanted to check Targ's absolute power and remove them. Historically Great Houses rarely intermarry and dont interact much. The generation of the rebellion (Hoster Tully, Jon Arryn etc..) were clearly plotting a conspiracy to overthrow the Targs for a long time. Theres a reason Robert and Ned were sent to foster with Arryn, its extremely rare for a firstborn heir like Bobby B to be fostered at someone else's seat for such a long time, and Catelyn Tully marrying a Stark, the Baratheon-Tully-Stark-Arryn alliance was formed long before the Rebellion, hell even Hoster Tully and Tywin almost arranged a Jaime-Lysa marriage (before Jaime was in the KG) in an effort to bring the Lannisters into the alliance, but that marriage plan was ruined when Jaime was named to the KG, completely catching Tywin off-guard

Jaime dodged a bullet there

Same, Thought he was an incestous dumbass who had no clear plan, goal, or honor. It was very surprising and enjoyable to find out he was probably the most honorable of the kingsguard and all the evil he did was to stop an even greater evil.
His show counterpart well like user said
>>He's pussy whipped

Is Jaime, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

youtube.com/watch?v=RET4E58u51I

If the Lannisters could marry each other, he would be king.

Tyrion is a pompous midget. He would make for a terrible king.

Why didn't I see it guys

Jamie was always our guy

youtube.com/watch?v=-LkFN54_Wxc

The scouts are on horses, Dany is on a much faster dragon. She caught and killed the scouts before they could get back to Jaime.

They would have by now if Cersei didn't need Euron. They clearly don't give a fuck about keeping it a secret anymore, and the Faith doesn't have their shit together enough to oppose it.

I think Jaime will be Lord of Casterly Rock when all is said and done. Yes, he fought the Mad King, but so did almost everyone else except Dorne and the Reach.

Bobby had no desire to be king, see how he turned out
Jaime only wanted to fuck his sister, always, he wouldn't give two shits about the kingdoms (which hated him) as a king

Don't forget that he's handsome af as well.

Drogon is pretty damn massive and it looked like the surrounding area was mostly plains so several scouts could have seen the dragon coming from miles away.

At this point in the show i just want the white walkers to kill everybody. No survivors no happy ending, just everybody fucking dies.

>letier
what

He means the letter.
Still wrong though because he still thinks about going back to her, and he replies to a guy who asks her if he has a wife that he's got a sister.

>tfw we'd have king Jaime by now if it wasn't for YASSS QUEEN Targaryen

damn that was good. I always hated how Ned dismisses Jaime smugly and acts like an asshole to him.

Why did Ned hate him so much outside of muh honor?

>>What she did to Ellaria Sand (I know she killed her daughter, but jesus fuck)
that wasn't even bad, just ask Septa Unella

No sister to fuck.

>Daenerys TARGARYEN will punish Jaime for incest out of all thing (after marrying her nephew btw)

>implying it should be done out of pleasure and not obligation

>Honorable

I like Jaime plenty, but he is definitely not honorable. That's a huge part of his character, honor and vows don't mean anything to him, he lives by his own personal sense of morality and only that.

George Washington had no desire to rule

That depends, what is his tax policy?

But honor clearly does mean something to him. He wanted to keep his vows, but Aerys was the most dishonorable and mad king to have ever existed (arguably).

A big part of his character is pretending to be the honourless Kingslayer people see him as.
He started as someone who believed heavily in idealised chivalry, and his great breaking of an oath was to save the whole realm.

>He started as someone who believed heavily in idealised chivalry, and his great breaking of an oath was to save the whole realm.

The weird thing is that in most fantasy stories, Jamie killing the Mad King would be the heroic climax. The brave young son of a noble house with a golden lion as their crest saves the capital city and ends the war.

Rewatching Jaime in season 1 is maximum comfy.

That's a little different. Washington was entering into an office that had 4-year terms, giving him a way out at the end of any of those terms. He also knew he had competent people surrounding him who could succeed him and run the country properly. Kingship doesn't work that way, Jaime couldn't just abdicate, pick his smartest advisor and say "ok, you're up!". It's for life or until his son is old enough, and who's to say that son will be any good considering how useless his last two sons were?

/ourazorahai/

Ned hates oathbreakers.

Which is kind of retarded, because Ned of all people should realize that:

>Jaime swore to defend the innocent and serve the king, doing both was impossible
>He himself swore an oath to serve the king and broke it, as did all the other lords who joined him in rebelling against the Targaryens

now THAT is kino

take cersei out of the picture and yes

>take cersei out of the picture